Badges of honour drop nerf?

in WvW

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

Has NOTHING to do with the damage you do.

Ive gone 1 vs 1 with MANY people in WvW and not seen a single loot bag drop. And sometimes, when a bag DOES drop, its got junk in it, no badges.

If it were based on damage, then 1 vs 1 should = 100% chance of getting badges. And it doesnt.

I think there is some other factor here that the devs have kept quiet about. My guess? Diminishing returns on players who have recently died.

Someone dies, grants badges, and then comes back after death, and gets killed again… wah lah… no badges.

Its probably like a 5-10 minute “cooldown” for each player to prevent people from farming the same person/easy target over and over again.

Unfortunately, anything more than 30 seconds, is too long for the massive scope of WvW.

Right now, WvW is the WORST option for obtaining armor/weapon skins in the game. Ive put in hours and hour and hours of time and still dont even have enough to buy ONE piece of gear.

Fix it Anet, pretty please.

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

So last night everyone got a crap ton of badges in my server, so either it’s still the good old RNG and you guys are unlucky(the likeliest), or they saw the whining and secretly buffed it, lol.

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

I was matching everyone elses exaggeration. But it’s true everyone in our server TS was reporting increased badge drops. I still think nothing has changed since launch.

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Junkkis.5137

Junkkis.5137

Dont see any nerf. Get power/precios/crit full exotic gear and u get a lot badges:)
More damage=better chance get badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Gadzooks.4687

Gadzooks.4687

Dont see any nerf. Get power/precios/crit full exotic gear and u get a lot badges:)
More damage=better chance get badges.

I already proved this theory wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Gibbonici.9437

Gibbonici.9437

I was in EB for about 5 hours tonight, not sure how many kills I got but I got three badges. Two of those dropped from an NPC guard if I remember correctly.

Whiteside Ridge [JG] [PiP]
Yetas – Human Ranger
Ramonn Yetas – Human Rifle Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Can we please get a dev responce on this topic.

Is it based upon who does most damage? Doing alot of damage? Has the drop rate been nerfed?

If the first question is yes than it needs to be changed. Badge drops should not be conditioned on who has most damage or only if you do high damage. Thats just stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I would like an answer on this as well as it’s a bit frustrating to go in on my Ele and see little to no badges and then have my friend who just started playing the game go in on his Thief mostly to discover the map and end up with a bunch.

It doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason. Whether you kill a player solo/duo, participate in a kill with others, down him manually or at range with damage, repair a wall/door, build a seige weapon, take or defend a point, fight with less people than your enemy, etc. I really can’t figure it out. It just seems entirely random. In fact I feel like I get far more bags with random loot drops in them than actual badges.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Strange, my teamates and I were commenting on how we felt that the drop rate had increased.

We play on Kaineg.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

in WvW

Posted by: Joshiasi.2840

Joshiasi.2840

Not that I noticed any change in it. Actually got a lot last night. I am not sure of how many pvp kills but its in the 1-1.5k range and have about 400 badges. So its pretty good ratio for me.

Gao Bahn – Thief
Rethesis

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

So last night everyone got a crap ton of badges in my server, so either it’s still the good old RNG and you guys are unlucky(the likeliest), or they saw the whining and secretly buffed it, lol.

To bad the patch didn’t hit until this morning.

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

Most people who’ve posted numbers here seem to be getting about a 15%-20% drop rate per kill on badges. I’m at 12.5% so far so about the same. All of those percentages seem pathetically low to me considering how much stuff costs.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

I played for about 3 hours last night. got in the region of 69 badges.(ish) Gor about 127 the night before in over 4 hours, the majority were in a 60 minute period.

All just from kills. It seems ok?

They just made a bit grindy?

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

TRON.1085

Im getting maybe 150-200 per 1000 kills…..I am getting hardly any for 50-100 kills sometimes, even on jumping puzzles im getting maybe 3 badge when I used to get 6+…per chest.

I hearing from too many players the same thing, we need to hear from a dev plz how the drop rate on badges in WvW work and if its been nerfed.

Why dont we get them for taking keeps and towers either anymore? We should get them for that aswell.

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

If it’s based on kills or damage done it is seriously flawed. I’m a Staff Ele, I don’t do massive single target damage but I still do a lot to help out my team. They need to fix the badge system so people with all types of builds can earn badges. There are complaints in the Guardian forum as well that some more support oriented builds, while effective, don’t earn enough rewards in WvW. Not fair.

in WvW

Posted by: Mubarizun.6435

Mubarizun.6435

Ive also noticed that i dont get NEARLY as many badges as i used to. If they nerfed it i want to ask why the hell do they keep making thus more of a grind. Do they NOT like us having fun? Do they keep nerfing anything that makes us think were makkng progress

in WvW

Posted by: krakenstar.1674

krakenstar.1674

actually since the last patch the drop rate seemed to have picked up a bit

in WvW

Posted by: Chima.5972

Chima.5972

they nerfed it because some people were using them to buy rediculus amounts of siege, rentering the cash shop useless, not giving them any proffit maybe?

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

Last night was a pretty good run for me. Got around 30 badges. With only 5 from the jumping puzzle. Most of that was from holding a supply camp for about 3 hours. That puts me at about 438 badges from 2400 kills.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

Last night was a pretty good run for me. Got around 30 badges. With only 5 from the jumping puzzle. Most of that was from holding a supply camp for about 3 hours. That puts me at about 438 badges from 2400 kills.

18% drop rate… more than most people that have posted numbers but still pathetic. ANet needs to fix it. Why do people in sPvP and PvE get rewarded for 100% of the work they do, but in WvW we’re only getting rewarded for 10%-20% of the work we do and our gear costs proportionally more considering how hard it is to earn currency for it. What gives?

Honestly here’s how I see it. In sPvP every action you take gets you points. Some more points than others which makes sense, but all of those points go towards earning you more glory. In PvE you get tokens for every boss you kill and Karma for every event you do, or money for every mob you kill. Not so much for WvW. I may get Karma and gold for certain things and a bunch of loot bags with junk drops, but Karma and Gold doesn’t buy me anything at Badge of Honor vendors. Why is this the only game mode that works this way? Maybe we need a point system like the sPvP points and Karma points – that seems to work a lot better in rewarding people for what they’ve done and make a lot more sense. If I enjoyed RNG based reward systems where I play the game and I may or may not get rewarded for that, I’d still be playing TERA.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: WonderWoozeh.9352

WonderWoozeh.9352

273 kills and 63 badges so far, oddly I’m getting most of my badges drop from guards not players.

Wurg Wildtusk ~ Charr Ranger
Wazla ~ Asura Engineer
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Mange.8324

Mange.8324

Whatever it is it needs to be changed, leaving players that are a bit behind in the dust with drop rate nerfs seems like awful idea. I’m at about 4.6k kills and since I like to actually contribute in WvW I use my badges to buy siege weapons mostly since the silver/gold prices are a little expensive, especially when you’re still trying to fully exotic.

If I had to guess I’d say I’ve earned around 800 badges which is abysmal is you ask me. Threethings really need to change.

1) Badges need to drop much more often, preferably from player kills and taking objectives.

2) They need to be rewareded upon XP gain for whatever you contributed to, rather than looted from bags.

3) Better drops in WvWvW, especially at 80, I can’t remember the last time I saw a yellow drop in PvP. In a month of playing and thousands of kills I can count the amount of yellows I’ve gotten on one hand. I have never heard of someone finding a exotic.

Think about this ANET, we have to work harder and take the LONGEST walks in WvWvW and right now it’s probably the least rewarding exotic potential’d experience in the game. You were much better off farming a dungeon prepatch and the time it would take to get exotics was insanely quicker than farming WvWvW exotics. Even now farming cursed shore and selling mats is ridiculously faster than WvWvW exotics.

After all my dedication to WvWvW in the first couple of weeks I find myself slowly losing interest and spending most of my time farming cursed shore or titles in SPvP.

in WvW

Posted by: Lifeline.4062

Lifeline.4062

This is a major gripe of mine atm. Pretty much if a wvw player wants to be geared in exotic he’s forced to go outside of the wvw zones. The drop rate on badges is so abysmal there is no feasible reason to use them to gear yourself. By time you had enough badges at the current drop rate to actually afford a full Invader set you could have bought a fell set of exotics 10 times over.

in WvW

Posted by: Jarlax.3691

Jarlax.3691

I wasn’t suprised to see this thread when I was visiting the boards today, I don’t post much, but I have to agree here. Actually I have about 5400 WvW kills and have not even aquired enough badges for 2 weapons, last night I definetly noticed a drop in the rate I was getting them, due to me trying to spam F every time I see “search” pop up after I get some xp IF I get a loot bag.

Now, I would also like to add that if I had spent as much time as I have in WvW as in say one of the dungon’s I would probabally have 4 sets of gear by now. So my question is I suppose why is the WvW PvP gear so grindy compared to the rest of the loot in the game? Don’t get me wrong, I love WvW, but thinking to stop and loot crap while your in the middle of a giant war isn’t usually such a good idea, and then the majority of orginized parties are on the move constantly with little to no time to " ok stop and everyone loot your bags"

I suggest instead of loot bags when a player enters combat with another player in WvW it starts a quest much like mule farming or supply camp killing/defending. The number of X a person recieves is done the same way but the person can click recieve quest rewards etc and get their loot, this could constantly build up untill when you finally get a breather from those 40 invaders attacking your keep you can click your quest popup and get your rewards that way, plus when you finally get killed and have to take bind you don’t just lose all your loot like now.

In all honesty I can deal with grindy WvW pvp gear if I could just have this reward system change, but a buff to the drop rate wouldn’t hurt either. If its a sales thing, as in players buying gems for gold for seige and badges can yeild seige, then either increase the cost of the seige in badges, or provide seige weapon kits on the gem store with X number of this and that etc, I will be your first customer, because I would like to get a set of armor this year in WvW 8p.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This is all pretty simple, and it took a bunch of bored kittening dingbats to point out the problem. Badges were dropping so often that built out forts could be overwhelmed in a very short period of time.

Those bored kittening dingbats aren’t building useless siege anymore because they aren’t getting as many badges as before. The zergs aren’t taking forts quite as fast either because there aren’t as many badges to be used for siege stuff.

Anet has chosen to nerf the zergs, rather than to allow elite upgrades for forts, which just goes to show that they know the mechanics of this game far better than any of the zerghead whiners on this forum.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Jarlax.3691

Jarlax.3691

This is all pretty simple, and it took a bunch of bored kittening dingbats to point out the problem. Badges were dropping so often that built out forts could be overwhelmed in a very short period of time.

Those bored kittening dingbats aren’t building useless siege anymore because they aren’t getting as many badges as before. The zergs aren’t taking forts quite as fast either because there aren’t as many badges to be used for siege stuff.

Anet has chosen to nerf the zergs, rather than to allow elite upgrades for forts, which just goes to show that they know the mechanics of this game far better than any of the zerghead whiners on this forum.

I agree that this could have indeed been an issue , but a better solution would be to increase the badge cost of seige or the badge cost of anything they felt needed adjusting, and not affect the ease of attaining gear type items and keep that on par with the rest of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

I’m at 5k+ kills, and I’ve gotten about 1200 badges.

I have probably left a few hundred on the ground.

Looks to be about 1 in 5, I’ll keep an eye on it.

1 in 5 sounds about right. I’m up to about 90, and I’ve got just under 600 kills.

in WvW

Posted by: mcl.9240

mcl.9240

actually since the last patch the drop rate seemed to have picked up a bit

Also, this. I noticed yesterday and today that the drop rate seems to have gone up substantially. It’s about double what I was seeing.

in WvW

Posted by: wombat.6123

wombat.6123

I’m averaging about 1 badge for every 6 kills. However this ratio isn’t exact because:

(a) I also get badges for killing objective NPCs and reviving players — I’ve noticed that if I revive someone and get hit by other players I often get a badge.

(b) I’m pretty sure I miss a lot of badges because I’m always moving and often miss loot bags.

I haven’t noticed much change in my ratio of badges-to-kills since I started playing WvW. It’s remain more or less the same the entire time.

Wombling Wombat
FA – Protectorate of Aspenwood [PRO]

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I got 100 kills today in around 4 hours on WvW and only have 18 badges to show for it…

What’s the deal?

in WvW

Posted by: Gankfest.4965

Gankfest.4965

I just got 123 badges over the last 2 hours + 3 gold.

Gankfest™ ~ <PRX> ~ JQ
80 ~ Thief/Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

To put a bit of the misinformation here at rest:
Loot bags are given on precisely the same basis as in pve; that is if you do a certain amount of damage to an enemy (very low, like 500) you have a chance at loot. The only difference is that it spawns as a bag at your feet instead of on the enemy corpse (so that you don’t have to climb the walls or jump down into the enemy zerg to get your loot).

As for my own results, I think I have about 400 badges between the two characters I wvw with and have ~2k kills.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

4.5k kills or so… over 800 badges in inventory, 396 spent on weapon, probably 200+ on seige gear in early days of game and god knows how many badges missed!
Drop rate doesnt bother me to much though as it isnt my main focus

in WvW

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

1095 kills and 174 badges.. 8 are from killing the grub, and mostly when I get any it’s 2 at a time.. so perhaps somewhere around 100 of those kills dropped badges for me. I don’t think I’ll bother with them.

in WvW

Posted by: hunTShoo.1247

hunTShoo.1247

get a bedge for every successfull event (2 or more fore keeps) and reduce it even more for playerkills.
so the zergs might start playing wvw instead of farming each other in win-win-situations just for the loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Just kill more…..problem solved. Indeed i also found the droprate to be changed compared to before…but i don’t have issues getting them still. I just have to kill more which results into more fun.

Stop expecting everything to be handed to u for free or almost no hard work

in WvW

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

i played for 7 hours today, 432 kills – 82 badges. Not sure if i’m lucky or what. it’s possible i missed a few loots during the intense moments.

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

in WvW

Rebound.3409

Well…before for over 400 kills u would get around 150 badges or so. The droprate is definitely lowered a bit…but not so much as to be a concern. I find it balanced now.

in WvW

hunTShoo.1247

Rebound,
that doesnt work.
rangers and eles are just farm kings in zerg while melee classes just dont get any larger amount of loot anyway. therefor the got higher repair cost, cause they die more often when rumbeling in.

you really need an objective based drop rate for badges everything else is just as annoying as the mesmerportal is.

in WvW

Rebound.3409

My best friend plays a warrior and he has 0 issues O.o He actually is pretty close to me when it comes to farming medals (considering his class)….but he knows how to play his class well and more importantly knows HOW to pick his fights.

What are u proposing..differentiated drops based on classes?

If they make medals drop faster…that means those farm kings will get even more, then u will QQ about having less badges then Class X….not about nerfed drops.

How many times did u see ppl just running in a huge zerg with almost no one behind him to back him up? That is NOT how u get medals i am sorry. Ppl need to learn the limits of their class first then master what it has to offer.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

in WvW

hunTShoo.1247

i just claim that badge farming is very common and leads to stupid zergs chasing them selve at the ruins.

and ele + ranger are really the most common zerg classes, cause they are nobrainers. of course you can have a decent farm with melees, too, but you will just “tag” more foes with ele or range then you ever can reach in the same time with a warrior.

for smaller engagements that doesnt work of course.
however getting bagdes for events and reduce the drop for killing even more, would give a more objective based WvW even with random guys.

in WvW

Rebound.3409

I can agree with bagdes for events, altho events are actually a more strategic/tactical investment. Problem is they are almost useless considering if u cap the Oger camp for example….. they are useless as “helpers” when a zerg attacks a keep. They die less then 10s.

As for reducing even more the medals….it has to be a global change..not just for 1 specific class…because each class has it’s pluses and minuses. A scenario would be to introduce a system that limits the medals u get / x amount of time for example…so if a ranger farms faster..he will reach that cap faster then u, while u will continue earning that cap….but that will result in players just coming to farm that medal-cap then exiting WvW.

in WvW

hunTShoo.1247

of course a global change.
sry if you miss understood me. i dont want class related drops (kills every game).
but with badges for events we might get a more tactical wvw (of course different events gain different amount of badges) and might (!) reduce the zerg-badgefarm.

i made like 100badges the last 2days with guardian with an investment of at least 30 catas, 10trebs and other stuff. there for i gain quiet few medals, just because i play a kitten tactical role and own the supportteam squad for our server.

doenst pay the bills at all and i really dont want to farm orrr for 2 days to play wvw the other 5. when i even would get rewarded with badges i wouldnt need the gold to equip me proper :x

in WvW

Rebound.3409

Only fear i have with event badges, is that we might get a lack of a certain type of class in fights because they are farming badges “pve” style. :<

in WvW

TRON.1085

There has been definetly a stealth nerf on drop rates of badges of honour and nerf to how many you get from the jumping puzzle chests.

Can we get a dev to confirm this or explain how the badges of honour drop works plz?

in WvW

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

This is ridiculous. The drop rate was horrible to begin with, now I can go hours and get literally nothing. Two hours in WvW last night and I come out with three badges, yes, three measly badges. So then I decide to try out the EB jumping puzzle, and I only get nine? What happened? It used to reward 18-20. . .

Loot in WvW needs to be placed into your inventory automatically. This will [however slightly] reduce lag, and it will allow people to focus on the task at hand rather than looking for(and possibly missing) loot.

(edited by Sanctus.8350)

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

i seem to stop getting badges at all within 30 minutes of getting pvp in wvw.

i have less than 200 badges after over a month of wvwing nearly every other night for 2-4 hours a night.

i do get them from mobs and guards fairly often.

i’m pretty much ignoring loot now in wvw pvp. it penalizes me too much to pay attention to the bags for too little rewards. between the lack of badges/decent loot/loot my level from the bags, vs the high cost of badge gear, vs the loss of combat effectiveness from paying attention to if i get bags or not, it’s really not worth the time or effort to bother with them. i look for them when taking down mobs/guards and that’s it.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

TRON.1085

Why they insist on nerfing income and anyway to progress in this game I do not understand.

They are being too harsh with the lack of communication and stealth nerfs that are not in the patch notes which is convienient for them since they know we will not agree with it or welcome the nerfs.

This is hurting the game along with the ori ore nerf and is hurting the players these type of silent game changes and lack of communication.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Just to add my experience.

I have around 1700 skills. I have 150 badges. That’s a pretty depressing ratio if you ask me.

EDIT: I should add I’ve never spent any badges. “Trying” to save them up in a vain attempt to actually buy something…but at this rate I’ll be making progress by Christmas 2013.

(edited by drwookie.6391)

in WvW

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Anet want us to play this game for a long time. If they hand over everything to us easy we will get bored quicker. From their perspective its a smart move, patience, we will all get our gear in the end, it doesnt have to be done within the first month or so.