Badges of honour drop nerf?

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

At this rate, you’ll be able to equip a Legendary weapon before you can purchase full Invaders gear with badges.

NOT JOKING!

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I find it hilariously stupid that I get more badges per hour knocking out the jump puzzles in wvw than I get from wvw itself.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Jnaathra….

Clearly doing a non-PVP centric aspect of WvW is more “honourable” than facing your enemies in battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

Yeah, would really be nice if there were badges obtained from claiming stuff. Because it really sucks when you’re playing a support or something other than aoe dps. You get so little bags.

The nerf is fine if they just make more ways, to balance it out for other profession types. Which if they made it from claiming stuff it would be more fair.

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Wish they would spend less time nerfing badge drops, ori ore, gold income, and everything else to do with progression and start fixing profession balance which is completely broken in pvp and WvW.

Stop nerfing game progression! You should of done that Before launch….

Also doing it without saying anything and no communication = terrible PR.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I played for hours and hours and only have about 20 to 30 max. I noticed that I ONLY get badges when I am the FIRST person to press F on a downed player. I thought it was just in my mind and that badges drop were that low but others told me they are seeing little numbers.

What I don t understand is why is it only the first person to press F that gets badges…when playing a range class it means almost no badges

I get plenty of badges and I NEVER stomp anyone as we are moving and I don’t have time to stand around stomping.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

I get 50-100 badges a day, its RNG guys dw about it

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Zierk.4289

Zierk.4289

I’m sitting at 2630 kills and 388 badges. 6.7 kills/badge. I’m sure there is atleast 50 or less badges missing from not looting. Wish there was a true autoloot, even if it was just for badges.

Zierk [VA] Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
Vigiliant Addiction – Multi-Gaming Community
http://www.vigilantaddiction.com

in WvW

Posted by: Bellatrix.5402

Bellatrix.5402

5500 kills, 1000 badges. However, ~100 of those are from the jumping puzzles (lawl). So about 6.1 kills/badge here.

At this rate, you’ll be able to equip a Legendary weapon before you can purchase full Invaders gear with badges.

NOT JOKING!

For some people who get bit by the bad RNG, you aren’t joking.

in WvW

Posted by: Harpazo.5217

Harpazo.5217

I haven’t noticed any change.

Harpazo
Northern Shiverpeaks
Soletaken [ST]

in WvW

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

It seems like the longer I’m in WvW, the less badges I get, even though I’m doing the same amount of killing. I could be wrong on this, but that’s how it seems.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

in WvW

Posted by: Travleer.6301

Travleer.6301

I didn’t start doing WvW until more recently. About 750 kills,, 130 badges,1:5.7 kills) I see them less and less. More like 1:8-9 recently. I am done.

I have always been careful to loot.

in WvW

Posted by: Aezan.2310

Aezan.2310

Also have this problem today. Today is the first day I’ve really focused on WvW. I had 30 badges in 67 kills before today. I now have 189 kills and 37 badges total…that can’t be right. That’s 122 kills today and 7 badges.

I also loot like mad and get lots of crap gear drops, so it’s not that I’m just not looting.

_hungry all the time

in WvW

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

1123 kills, 188 badges

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

in WvW

Posted by: SLOTH.7842

SLOTH.7842

The drop rate is so low, I don’t even know where to start, it’s so frustrating. I have been using a lot of my time trying to get badges of honor. But at this rate, I might as well just stop playing WvW and instead do something else, because this clearly isn’t working.

in WvW

Posted by: RamzaBehoulve.5640

RamzaBehoulve.5640

Drop rate isn’t that low. The fact you are forgetting to pick up a few, if not a lot of the bags during battle is the main reason behind it.

Once they change it and the bags are automatically put in your inventory, the problem will solve itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Any reason why can’t badges or loot be given automatically in wvw so that we can focus on pvp and not looting?

I’d like to know. If I can mail someone while there are 60 people around me fighting and if I get traits and all other currencies automatically then why not get badges automatically…like Honor in that other game.

They wanted to this, afaik. There was a dev post during one of the BWEs that explained the problems with it (mostly dealing with a full inventory), if they can sort that out true auto-looting might be implemented.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Any reason why can’t badges or loot be given automatically in wvw so that we can focus on pvp and not looting?

I’d like to know. If I can mail someone while there are 60 people around me fighting and if I get traits and all other currencies automatically then why not get badges automatically…like Honor in that other game.

They wanted to this, afaik. There was a dev post during one of the BWEs that explained the problems with it (mostly dealing with a full inventory), if they can sort that out true auto-looting might be implemented.

The post in beta didn’t spend that Mich time explaining why it couldn’t be done, it just briefly mentioned a full inventory as an issue.

To be honest it seemed like kind of a cop out. There is already a system in place when you loot things and have a full inventory. A window pops up with the loot. Why that can’t hapkitten beyond me.

in WvW

TRON.1085

Well with ori ore nerf and badges of honour nerf getting your first full exotic set will take weeks unless you grind / farm the gold and just buy it.

No chance of getting a set through badges of honour or with ori ore nerf now.

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

In the last 24 hours I logged 1129 kills in wvw (thank you ruin) I collected 168 badges. I thought I was just getting really unlucky but I had a feeling something had changed.

Also I do miss a ton of bags due to pushing out zerg and not going back.

(edited by Brome.7036)

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

the weapons you buy with the badges are awful anyway…why would you waste your time ?

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

Last week i was barely getting any either, but this week i’ve been gatting so much that it makes up for it.
Got myself the Gift of Battle today, logged off with 50-something badges, and if this keeps up i should be able to get the WvW coat in a couple of days (crafted is so ugly /shudder)

in WvW

Posted by: noir.6392

noir.6392

My two cents is that ArenaNet should make the events in WvW award badges of honour. Something like 5 Badges for taking over a Supply Camp, 50 Badges for taking over a Castle and so on. It wouldn’t imbalance anything, since the gold-badge conversion is not fair. You can buy Siege Golem Blueprints with 1g or 100 badges. You can make 1g easily in 1 hour but you can hardly make 100 badges in a full day of playing.

I’m sorry if this has been suggested before, I didn’t read the full topics on this.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightvision.9357

Lightvision.9357

to be honest, there is nothing wrong with the drops. i have 2 characters a ranger lvl 58 and a guardian lvl 80. my guardian is a dps build kinda and my ranger is and will be C.Dmg based and tbh my ranger nets more badges than my guardian and my guardian does higher damage and kills alot faster.

if you ask me, if your doing WvW to focus on badges only then yes you will be very diapointed. if you do it for fun/to take pard then the badges will come. the problem is that people want to be spoon fed everything and want everything now.

most coins i got in 1 day was 169 in ~500 kills, thank you Elona’s Reach for that 50 min hills boss room siege you failed to capture (18 people in hills boss room Vs constant 50+ enemy trying to take and failing).

lowest i have gotten in a day is 36

as for numbers 4728 kills and ~950 badges, used 500 for Gift of Battle, aprox 20% drop rate on badges is fair to me. i would not complain with 10%. the problem lies with everyone complaining is you want em and you want them yesterday. bad news it aint gonna happen.

i dont think getting drops is to do with damage/f-killing/speed killing/etc i think its just totally random.

get what your given and not what you want/expect. also you get rewarded for everything you do except destroying walls/gates

in WvW

Posted by: aleksandar.5642

aleksandar.5642

3379 kills and 549 badges with MF 0

@Monsoon, many times it happened for me, by pressing the F key last, invander got killed by some one else before my animation finish, but have gotten loot bag

in WvW

TRON.1085

Nice, so stealth nerf on badges of honour, now they have broken the jumping puzzles on borderlands and kodash guilds are still perma camping eb gate room puzzle…..

So zero chance of badges now.

Im done with this crap. gg arena net “when it’s ready”

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Badges drop rate noticeably lower for me over the last week. I loot everything.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Zoner.1765

Zoner.1765

96 badges and 759 kills with a mesmer here, so 12.6% (higher than some of the other horror stories on this thread, but also in the category of ‘i might be able to afford a xmas present before xmas if i work real hard’ )

in WvW

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

So I on average was getting around 5-10 badges an hour on my 80 Necro.

My first day on my new engineer alt I got 30 badges in one hour and the trend does not look like it will reverse anytime soon.

All I have to say about that is “what the kitten”

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

I hadnt gone into WvW for over a week.

I went in Sun, Mon, and today to get my 50 kills for the monthly, when i dinged 50 kills I had 12 badges. I think I got one or maybe 2 off a lord. But it was still up to nearly a 1 in 4 per kil rate. Which was what I got the first two weeks the servers were live.

So I think it is a major DR if you go in there day in and day out and rack up a lot of kills.

I left after 80 or so kills and had 18 badges, so slightly less than 4 per kill. But it is obviously a rather small sample size.

But I do know I was getting 4 or 5 per 150 kills or so when I was in there all day every day. As I commented on in this thread maybe 3 weeks ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanashi.5704

Nanashi.5704

They need to either fix the drop rate or reduce the price of the gear. you get dungeon gear faster then WvW gear.
I’d say fix the rate because there are times when i 1v1 someone and get nothing or a grey item, which is bs. then theres other times when i do 90% of the dmg and i get nothing but my friend who came up late and does the finisher gets a badge.

in WvW

Posted by: WarWitch.1762

WarWitch.1762

Anet Will the wvw badges of honer convert to the new tokens at all I am just hopeing that we have not wasted 5 months collecting them only to have nothing to show for the thousands of hours we have put in fighting.

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

RE: Laurels/Badges/etc.

Honestly, I don’t get this idea of making a new currency … when our current currencies are still – in some respects – finicky. As it is, one only gets level-scaled xp/karma/tiny bit ’o copper/silver for WvW events. As others have mentioned, badge drops are HELLA random. Now, why not:

1.) Add badge potential for tactical objectives (flipping territory/defending territory). It need not be guaranteed, but even a RNG for these things would help a LOT.

2.) Depending on what laurels will exactly be used for, provide a conversion spec for badge or karma > laurels. Amounts would – of course – come down to ANet’s decision, but this would provide more economic options, particularly for the WvW vets.

YMMW, but I think this’d help to keep current WvWers, and add some new ones.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: MikeT.9428

MikeT.9428

I’m at around 2k kills and have like 300ish badges. Condi kills you don’t see to get as much. I’ll play with my friend who is a pistol thief and although we have close to the amount of kills he’ll have almost twice the badges. We are not attacking the same target most of the time so it’s not that he’s out-damaging me on the enemy player. I think it has more to do with the amount of damage put down during a certain amount of time for your chances of a badge to be higher.

I started with a condi necro and now play a tank engineer.

Jade Quarry
Never underestimate an engineer with a wrench
Exploding illusions FTW

(edited by MikeT.9428)

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Without logging on to see exactly how many kills/badges I have(at least 4k kills and about 1200badges), I would say that the RNG is very roughly 1 Badge per 5 Kills.

Somewhere in that range. I get a fair amount of badges from guild claimers also.

I don’t do jump puzzles really. I mean I have, but we’re talking maybe 50 badges total from that. Then add some for map completion in the borderlands…

I didn’t wear full power/crit/precision until recently, but it definitely helps you get more kills, which of course helps you get more bags and possibly badges.

Here’s to hoping that these badges can be used to purchase ascended and/or prestige….

Otherwise I guess I’ll have to buy a bunch of siege because they are useless otherwise and starting to take up bank space.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!