Badges vs Supporters

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Ginko Biloba.3487

Ginko Biloba.3487

Correct me if I’m in mistake, but as far as I’ve seen, Badges of Honor in WvWvW are awarded to players wich inflict the highest damage.

So, if I’m a – let’s say – thief in Berserker’s gear, and I spin around with my Dagger Storm among a zerg, and many of that zerg die after a short while – steamrolled by MY zerg, I’ll get a big amout of Badges of Honor.

Istead, if I’m a support in Cleric’s gear, and I remain all the fight long removing conditions from my friend spinning-thief, healing my Hunderd-Blades-warrior buddy, or giving boons to my Meteor-Shower-elementalist mate – but dealing minimal or no amount of damage I’ll get minimal or no Badges of Honor.

Don’t you think supporters are underestimated?
Will this Badges rewarding system ever be improved in a supporter-friendly way?

Everyone’s getting a big badass red +1 but me.. ç_ç

(edited by Ginko Biloba.3487)

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

I wasn’t aware this was a thing.
As far as I’m concerned, tagging someone should be good enough. Supporters are important, too.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Not much reward for support . Even Ur allies don’t seam to be grateful most of the time

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

Tagging is sufficient as far as I know. But OP’s argument still stands, as he’ll be mid-line or back-lining with his support role and less focused on tagging enemies. Even if he tags some, he tags significantly less than the DPS focused players, thus less rewards.

The whole reward system is bias towards DPS and large groups. The last major WvW updates had some changes to help with the defenders and supporters, but those rewards are scraps compared to what the DPS-zerging players get.

The support players should get rewards based on what the players they are healing / buffing are getting. Loot sharing, but not actually sharing.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

As far as I know tagging someone is enough and even in very heavy support builds 2 or 3 auto-attacks will do to get you the credit for the kill. Not all kills drop loot. In my experience it ranges from 1 in 3 to 1 in 5.

There is no dedicated healer in this game nor a class that only buffs others. Everyone has a means to do enough damage to tag players and get the rewards.

I would not be against a system that rewards players that have buffed or healed players who did the actual damage for a kill but I am a little suspicious of possible ways to abuse such a system. Also I see no real need for it as it is not hard at all to get credit for kills.

This is just anecdotal and we do play in a pretty profitable matchup but as a heavy support guardian I got 159 (119 from player and npc kills (very few npc’s) and 40 from chests) badges tonight in just 2 hours of play. Getting credit and rewards is not hard.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Doing dedicated support is like cutting your right arm off and complaining you are less effective than someone with two arms.

You should never do pure support, you should always participate in the fight. There are times when your support abilities are on cooldown you need to be doing something that window to maximize your impact on the battlefield.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Ginko Biloba.3487

Ginko Biloba.3487

You should never do pure support, you should always participate in the fight.

I agree, but if this is true, so also the full dps builds shall be forced to get some support abilities.

In fact this does not happens.

I have a dps-thief, wearing Berserker’s gear wich has Zero support skills, and helps party members in no ways. But, he deals tons of damage.

On the other hand I use a supportive Warrior in Cleric’s gear. During the combat I jump among the combat area planting banners, converting conditions and ressing downed players. If I find time to deal damage, I deal a so low amount of that, that I’m barely able to get the kill. I need at least 2-3 hits to get the kill.

The result is: pressing basic attack mindlessly with my Thief I get many bags of loot and Badges
Istead, I get minimal amount of bags and Badges with my Warrior. I made the same job. The DpSes of my party are alive also because of my support.
But the system only rewards my full-dps, not my full-support.

I think anyone should be able to play as he wants. This is one of the main targets of Guild Wars 2 right?

Everyone’s getting a big badass red +1 but me.. ç_ç

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I once did Claw of Jormag and had my thief do blast finishers on the water fields under one of the player mobs all day long. I must have done 100k in healing. When event finished I didn’t get credit for it. I lol’d so hard through my tears.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

Badges vs Supporters

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

You should never do pure support, you should always participate in the fight.

I agree, but if this is true, so also the full dps builds shall be forced to get some support abilities.

In fact this does not happens.

I have a dps-thief, wearing Berserker’s gear wich has Zero support skills, and helps party members in no ways. But, he deals tons of damage.

On the other hand I use a supportive Warrior in Cleric’s gear. During the combat I jump among the combat area planting banners, converting conditions and ressing downed players. If I find time to deal damage, I deal a so low amount of that, that I’m barely able to get the kill. I need at least 2-3 hits to get the kill.

The result is: pressing basic attack mindlessly with my Thief I get many bags of loot and Badges
Istead, I get minimal amount of bags and Badges with my Warrior. I made the same job. The DpSes of my party are alive also because of my support.
But the system only rewards my full-dps, not my full-support.

I think anyone should be able to play as he wants. This is one of the main targets of Guild Wars 2 right?

Equip bow, throw fire field and blast finish for might stacks between ressing and when your wh is on cd, and you can hit people with it.

The full berserker spec does have self support skills, they have to bring them. Just like they do contribute to their own survival you should contribute in some level to doing damage to the enemy.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]