Balance Dragonite Ore.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The amount of dragonite ore you get from keeps and stonemist really needs to be buffed. Fights for a keep can last hours. How much dragonite do you get? The same amount for doing a lvl 15 world event. To make one ascended weapon you would need to capture anywhere between 100 to 200 keeps.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

My suggestion would be to put in a trading vendor that would exchange out one type of rare material for another at a hefty exchange rate. Another option would be to eliminate the account bound flag on these materials.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Another option would be to eliminate the account bound flag on these materials.

I like that idea as well.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Over the last couple months I’ve stacked dragonite like 3 or 4 times… If it got buffed I’d be out of space lol

Teef master race

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

WvW rewards have always been total crap

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

It wouldn’t need super significant buffs; too much and it would be more lucrative than PVE. Doubling it, since the rates are so low already, seems about appropriate.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Quick Mouse.7635

Another possibility would be to have the dragonite scale with the upgrade level of the keep.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Over the last couple months I’ve stacked dragonite like 3 or 4 times… If it got buffed I’d be out of space lol

Except that you need 6 stacks per armor set and that doesn’t even count the weapons.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Fights for a keep can last hours.

They can also last 5 minutes, and there’s already a history of servers unofficially agreeing to trade keeps back and forth just to farm rewards.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They can also last 5 minutes, and there’s already a history of servers unofficially agreeing to trade keeps back and forth just to farm rewards.

Which is against the tos… so why should they balancing based on stuff that they can infract/ban people for? That’s like them balancing PvE rewards based on glitches/exploits…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Quick Mouse.7635

A good reason to scale rewards with upgrade level of the keep. Trading paper keeps back and forth or “karma training” should offer significantly less rewards than fighting for hours over a fully upgraded garrison.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

how would you go about infracting someone for “you didn’t show up to defend a keep”?

maybe you didn’t notice that I used the word “unofficially”? it’s not an overt agreement, it’s just an how the zerg movements ends up syncing to one another(Server A is taking all of Server B’s BL keeps so Server B just goes to BL A to do the same.. then they each go home and retake all their keeps, rinse repeat.)

This is already happening but it was much much worse when WXP was first released and everyone was obsessed with farming it.

and if you don’t think that PvE rewards are balanced around potential exploits… you clearly have not been paying attention to the game’s evolution

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Quick Mouse.7635

how would you go about infracting someone for “you didn’t show up to defend a keep”?

maybe you didn’t notice that I used the word “unofficially”? it’s not an overt agreement, it’s just an how the zerg movements ends up syncing to one another(Server A is taking all of Server B’s BL keeps so Server B just goes to BL A to do the same.. then they each go home and retake all their keeps, rinse repeat.)

This is called karma training and is not against any rules. If a server wants to take an enemy keep instead of defending their own keep, that is their prerogative. The only time this could actually be against the rules is if both servers sit inside a keep trading it back and forth as soon as the buff is down.
Either way, scaling rewards based on the upgrade level of the keep would help to make both these situations less profitable compared to actually playing wvw.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

SMC should be a flat 30 like the Orr temples, the keeps should be a range from 15-25

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Got full ascended armor and still have 11 stacks left of it, I only play WvW. But I do play a lot so for the people who play less it might be hard.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Quick Mouse.7635

The original point of this post was to balance the difficulty of obtaining dragonite ore in wvw vs. pve.

Balance Dragonite Ore.

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

and if you don’t think that PvE rewards are balanced around potential exploits… you clearly have not been paying attention to the game’s evolution

If they noticed two servers quickly flipping back and fowarth a single keep they could even without chats between the servers. It’s not like they couldn’t go and watch what was going on.

Nerfing PvE rewards around cheaters is stupid… that was my point… no where did I say they haven’t done this. Reading skills.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)