Balance changes incoming?

in WvW

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Found this while looking through some dulfy stuff under tag WvW:
- There will be several balance changes in the next balance update that were specifically made for WvW.
Edit: For all those who agree that WvW is in desperate need of profession balance.

(edited by Tomiyou.3790)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Profession balance is like smallest problem. Profession balance doesn’t really matter when maps are empty.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Tomiyou.3790

Profession balance is like smallest problem. Profession balance doesn’t really matter when maps are empty.

True, but there is a post in this section solely about profession balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

can you post the link to this post? I didnt found it

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Would be awesome if you could link

in WvW

Tomiyou.3790

http://dulfy.net/2016/09/20/gw2-sept-20-developer-ama-on-reddit/
Link to the post. It has a compilation of info Anet gave on an AMA on reddit.

in WvW

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

How did I miss this one? That’s great news!

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

This is interesting. Can’t help but have mixed expectations with this, because they’ve made things worse before. I guess we’ll see.

My guess is they’ll be doing something about excessive boonsharing meta.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

For all those who agree that WvW is in desperate need of profession balance.

It isn’t really any more “desperate” now than it has ever been, profession balance has always been trash in WvW.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

WvW is in need of profession balance yes, but since Arenanet has absolute no clue how WvW works, who plays WvW and what professions are at what level, how will they be able to balance things ? This will be the same random knee jerk buff and nerf show how it has always been. I would say more stealth and invulns across the board with the exception of the necro and of course a huge buff to the extremely underpowered dragon hunt_rd.

in WvW

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Disable all passives (retaliation, auras, taunt when stun) and wvw will be perfeclty balanced.

in WvW

Posted by: thancock.6307

thancock.6307

It desperately needs it. I don’t even play wvw right now because the balancing is such an issue. Really looking forward to seeing these changes

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I would like to see balance on defensive builds, there are too many “die hard” builds with high damage output.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If they drop the nerf hammer on Durability runes, Boon Sharing, Druids in small scale, Ghost Thief, condi in small scale and Warrior defensive sustain… they will have fixed 80% of the most unbalanced content in WvW.

Throw DH traps and Rev adjustments on the pile and sPvP will be a more joyous place as well.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

I would like to see balance on defensive builds, there are too many “die hard” builds with high damage output.

Agree with you there, some classes take zero damage but can dish out insane damage at the same time. Sad part is they chest pound about being great at the game lol

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I don’t think they’ll change the durability runes… they are a decent gold sink/proof sink atm and are not the issue. The have to get to the core of the issue and I’m not going to give them any ideas.

The issue is within the professions, and that’s where I believe they will look at.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And they’re largely empty because the fights aren’t fun because the game isn’t balanced, so players just don’t bother anymore.

On the topic of balance, I expect all negatives from ANet and nothing good to happen. My guess is they’ll probably nerf power builds (especially thief damage scaling, probably in CS, because why not) and buff defenses game-wide to intentionally slow down the pace of WvW to mirror sPvP. I don’t expect reduced power coefficients or defenses on elite specs, though, I’m anticipating further gouging to core traits and abilities since ANet’s all aboard the HoT-powercreep train.

I’ll gladly be proven wrong, but I sincerely doubt anything substantial or positive will come from this patch.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

And they’re largely empty because the fights aren’t fun because the game isn’t balanced, so players just don’t bother anymore.

On the topic of balance, I expect all negatives from ANet and nothing good to happen. My guess is they’ll probably nerf power builds (especially thief damage scaling, probably in CS, because why not) and buff defenses game-wide to intentionally slow down the pace of WvW to mirror sPvP. I don’t expect reduced power coefficients or defenses on elite specs, though, I’m anticipating further gouging to core traits and abilities since ANet’s all aboard the HoT-powercreep train.

I’ll gladly be proven wrong, but I sincerely doubt anything substantial or positive will come from this patch.

That might happen, yeah. Instead of recalculating the stuff that went wrong in June 2015, they’ll probably chose the lazy approach.
I’m curious but don’t expect anything but a nerf to my thief. I mean power D/D, come on! I’m probably the last one anyway, so who cares?!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Here’s the balance changes you should be excited about and really looking forward to.

PREVIOUS UPDATE

• North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

NEW UPDATE

• Green Keep: House added to swamp area northwest of keep. One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
  • Blue Keep: House added to north side of the keep next to Overgrown Grub. One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Enjoy!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Here’s the balance changes you should be excited about and really looking forward to.

PREVIOUS UPDATE

• North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

NEW UPDATE

• Green Keep: House added to swamp area northwest of keep. One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
  • Blue Keep: House added to north side of the keep next to Overgrown Grub. One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.

Enjoy!

LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

In all seriousness, Rune of Durability should be the first priority gear-wise. For example, the resistance could be swapped with Rune of Resistance’s aegis , the boon duration could affect solely defensive boons (protection/aegis) , etc.

Mechanics-wise, some sort of additional benefit to upgraded structures should be put into place.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So can I assume that this patch wasn’t the balance update? I thought it was going to be. When is it supposed to happen then?

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So can I assume that this patch wasn’t the balance update? I thought it was going to be. When is it supposed to happen then?

Soon™

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

We all assumed we’d have bi weekly balance patches after June 2015. So yes, soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

If they drop the nerf hammer on Durability runes, Boon Sharing, Druids in small scale, Ghost Thief, condi in small scale and Warrior defensive sustain… they will have fixed 80% of the most unbalanced content in WvW.

Throw DH traps and Rev adjustments on the pile and sPvP will be a more joyous place as well.

What I read here….“let’s nerf every class”

So your solution is to keep the perceived imbalances across the board but make everyone collectively weaker?

Honestly I don’t understand all the belly aching… maybe my class is OP? Or maybe I play my class to the section of wvw they are attuned to with my classes strength, gear and traits…plus maybe some skill.

I know I am not setup to 1v2, so I don’t come on here complaining, no, I just play in other scenarios.

Last night we had a 48 man blob but was getting completely pwned by enemy zerg, 3 straight wipes in a row, and it was a structured guild raid with parties set up for boon/ synergy but no win. Then later we ran a 24 man pug and wiped a 40man zerg 6 times like they were wet paper.

That’s ebb and flow…

Play hard, play your class solid and to its job and stop the hate.

I hear all this balance hate cause you got pwned, you got to stop the hate and change your strategy.

Maybe enemy is running 8 necrosis, maybe they built in a guardian and Rev per group. Read their makeup and change your strategy.

I know for a fact that 90% of you on here have 4-5 level 80s in full exotics at bare minimum. Maybe today isn’t run your thief day and you need to log your electric. Anet changed many rewards to account base for this reason.

I have heard horrors of some wvw focused servers squad kicking, guild kicking and openly trolling people for playing some classes. Unbelievablyunacceptable.

Hey rangers, I’ll group you!
Screw meta. Love your class, have fun.

If you can’t have fun doing wvw, your doing it wrong.