Balance notes out

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

What do you think? Hammer revenant nerf was basically nothing. That skill would be OP even on 10s CD if they don’t nerf the damage. I hope they will at least change Cruel Repercussion.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

CoR is about the only balance change they’re doing for WvW. But I’ll take it, 4 sec is better than 2 sec cd. It’ll make them less spammy.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think the big damage from CoR was that double hit. It will still hit pretty hard but hopefully the 10k plus hits will be gone. Course last night I got hit with a 12.5k CoR and a 5k Hammer Bolt. I have a full zerk thief and don’t see numbers like that on my auto-attacks much less ones from relatively long range.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

CoR is about the only balance change they’re doing for WvW. But I’ll take it, 4 sec is better than 2 sec cd. It’ll make them less spammy.

No more overlap of the hits either, especially that middle and outer range one… OUCHY!

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

What can i say other than that they are dillusional about the strength of this skill. Get 2-3 revenants together on TS and just spam hammer 2 at same time. Tell me how to survive 3 such hits with no warning. Sure other classes can bring such burst but acctuly require some setup or atleast being in melee where u are more vunrable.
There is warriors gunflame also and they go ahead and buff its survivability, wtf.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Well yeah, most of the balance changes are done based on sPvP. CoR is about the only change they’re doing for WvW. So expect to see more power creep in the game, all for the sake of PvP game mode.

And hooray unblockable venomshare, hooray more zerker rifle pew pew. Both of which are cancer in WvW, but do the balance devs care? Nope, those classes needed a buff for PvP so they’re buffing them not caring about WvW at all.

I really wish they would separate 3 game modes and balance them accordingly. There’s just no way to balance PvE, large scale WvW, and 5-player PvP using the same dataset.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Yeah ultimately, they will need to totally redo the hammer #2 skill for Revs. It isn’t like Ranger long bow, but is a havoc group and small zerg wrecker especially if you do run multiple anything. Though I got a feeling that even though bunker is dying in PvP, it’ll be even stronger in WvW with people spamming weaknesses and boon corruption to keep CoR from Revs at bay in particular.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

What do you think? Hammer revenant nerf was basically nothing. That skill would be OP even on 10s CD if they don’t nerf the damage. I hope they will at least change Cruel Repercussion.

Seriously dude ?

It no longer “double hits”, which is where 90% of the one-shots came from.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

where is the update listed?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Balance notes out

in WvW

SloRules.3560

Seriously dude ?

Just use 2 coordinated revs than… and something is almost guaranted to drop.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

3.3k armor. afk in sm. no buffs. only 1 hit. hitting twice was another issue but who needs to be hit twice when 1 shot is enough to kill most squishier builds.

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Balance notes out

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Seriously dude ?

Just use 2 coordinated revs than… and something is almost guaranted to drop.

Same with 2 coordinated Guards amd their uber true shot or 2 coordinated gunflames or 2 coordinated… you get the idea.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

3.3k armor. afk in sm. no buffs. only 1 hit. hitting twice was another issue but who needs to be hit twice when 1 shot is enough to kill most squishier builds.

Guard true shot would have done the same numbers. Only thing CoR had on other classes big damage skills was the double hit (and low cd I suppose). But all that has been fixed now.

Balance notes out

in WvW

briggah.7910

Guard true shot would have done the same numbers. Only thing CoR had on other classes big damage skills was the double hit (and low cd I suppose). But all that has been fixed now.

ok then true shot needs damage nerf as well..

I hit like a wet noodle on this toon since I’m sacrificing my DPS so I don’t get hit by big numbers yet still do.

Damage still needs nerf

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Revenant CoR needing nerfs is indefensible. Doing 6-8k damage crits on a full bunker build every 3-4 seconds (cause hey, 100% crit chance under the effect of fury, which is 100% uptime with herald) is way too strong.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Balance notes out

in WvW

SloRules.3560

I think all low risk high damage skills should be removed.
There was once a time when hammerstun hit for 10k and it was deamed to strong and nerfed(acctuly needed adrenaline and was on 6s or so cooldown aswell needed to be melee and with 1s cast time and being melee u needed stability not to be interupted). Now we have skills on 2-5s cooldown and at 1200 range dealing same damage or more.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

I hit like a wet noodle on this toon since I’m sacrificing my DPS so I don’t get hit by big numbers yet still do.

Damage still needs nerf

I suspect us Revs gonna be the least of your problems now. :-)

Just been reading Thieves balance changes. 30% increase to sword AA, increase dmg to dagger AA as well, basilisk venom also now makes thieves attacks unblockable, Good Lord…

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Damage still needs nerf

Unfortunately I no longer have the screenshot… But I was fighting a Warrior by north SMC a week or so ago and out of no where I get hit for a 12k CoR followed by a 4k auto attack then another 10k CoR. I have 19k health on my Scrapper, you kitten well know I didn’t survive that.

The 10 and 12k CoR’s were not double hits.

BUT, this is my fault for taking no defense. I’m squishy, I should expect to be hit hard and I do expect it. Still, whether I’m prepared to take huge damage or not, that skill hits extremely hard even with high toughness. It needs to be tuned down. High damage skills should require setting up like Backstab, they shouldn’t just be a bam you’re dead thing.

When I’m in a zerg and I lose a huge chunk of my health I always know that CoR is the culprit because 90% of the time nothing else will hit me that hard. Every so often it’s a Gunflame or a Trueshot but the majority of the time it’s a CoR that’s tagging you for 8 – 12k+ in one hit.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

They could make CoR hit only 1 target, but as long as it can nail glass builds consistently for >15k it’ll continue to be a problematic skill. While I do think True Shot has a way too high damage coefficient (it’s higher than backstab), it can be reflected. That’s really the big difference here. If they make CoR reflectable, most of the problems will go away. In its current form it offers next to no proper counterplay in a large group setting.

The new cooldown changes nothing.

(edited by vana.5467)

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon Ravenor.5603

Gideon Ravenor.5603

I agree I think this skill needs a bigger nerf. I would like to see a damage reduction in addition to the proposed changes.

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Seriously dude ?

Say what?

EDIT: bonus 5,5k on Frontliner melee

Attachments:

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Let’s have a quick competition. No cheating – target must be level 20 in at least exotic.
My entry is attached.

Guildie of mine hit 27k on an ele once, but I don’t have the screenshot anymore.

Attachments:

Balance notes out

in WvW

briggah.7910

Seriously dude ?

Say what?

poor bronze invader :P

It is hitting with big numbers on bunker builds so anything semi glass has it even worse. The 2 hit bug doesn’t matter when 1 hit is enough to down most glass builds.

I’ve tried it out zerging. I giggle at times when I push button 2 and see big numbers but I think the giggle is more of how OP it is. I don’t even need a target to pick. I just push 2 and watch the numbers on my screen.

Player Vs Everyone

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

This format of play is dead and the patch isn’t helping any.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Balance notes out

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Seriously dude ?

Say what?

You’re right… I miss-posted. Come the Jan 26th patch, CoR will no longer double hit (personally I thought you understood what I really meant, but perhaps you haven’t yet read the balance notes so whatever).

Balance notes out

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Still feel like it could have 1-2 more seconds cool down, or some other tweaks for the amount of DMG it’ll still do. as mentioned here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Coalescence-of-Ruin-and-WvW-GvG/page/2

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)