Ballistas : There is a new class in the game

in WvW

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

I think they are called walking ballistas.

Attachments:

(edited by Suns Dusk.7201)

in WvW

Posted by: Nirxx.2671

Nirxx.2671

omg anet how is this balanced pls nerf ballistas QQ

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Now u have to be aware of rangers Mr Thiefy, no longer easy kills ;p

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Now u have to be aware of rangers Mr Thiefy, no longer easy kills ;p

They are still easy to kill (even with the added invuln). The only change is that long range steal has become near mandatory. Once you get on top of them, they scurry like a person set on fire .

On the plus side they aren’t completely useless now.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You mean the long range shot that requires the warrior to stand completely still and is easily dodged? That long range shot? Yea………..I think the new class you’re talking about is the walking target dummy.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

8k autoattack = opening strike crit w/ full zerk. 66xxx. prolly scholar runes, dps sigils. and YOU are full zerk too.

:O

you can prolly hit him for a 12k backstab.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Give that ranger a daggerstorm.
I hear rangers LOVE daggerstorms.

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

i thought rangers loved comando kitten storms …

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

You mean the long range shot that requires the warrior to stand completely still and is easily dodged? That long range shot? Yea………..I think the new class you’re talking about is the walking target dummy.

LOL

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Reach

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Ran into a glass cannon thief last night in our BL. He was stupid enough to taunt 2 Rangers. I never did get my shot off, the wife was slightly ahead of me, one “Sic Em” and then Long Range Shot and the thief was dead, dead, dead. We take pride in our thief hunting abilities, especially since we can hear each other’s “Sic Ems” and time 2 of them in succession. Very few thieves will live through that.

Later as something totally hilarious we were at our southern camp and I was near the water/bridge when a thief stealthed in to backstab me! I just flipped into the water and the silly, silly thing was stupid enough to follow me in to get the kill, he wanted it so badly! Thief vs Ranger underwater? Guess who died?

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Ulyssean.1709

Ulyssean.1709

Ran into a glass cannon thief last night in our BL. He was stupid enough to taunt 2 Rangers. I never did get my shot off, the wife was slightly ahead of me, one “Sic Em” and then Long Range Shot and the thief was dead, dead, dead. We take pride in our thief hunting abilities, especially since we can hear each other’s “Sic Ems” and time 2 of them in succession. Very few thieves will live through that.

Later as something totally hilarious we were at our southern camp and I was near the water/bridge when a thief stealthed in to backstab me! I just flipped into the water and the silly, silly thing was stupid enough to follow me in to get the kill, he wanted it so badly! Thief vs Ranger underwater? Guess who died?

Are you honestly trying to get us to believe that you 2v1’d somebody?

The lies on this forum, jfc

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Why not? Come on over and we will do the same for you! Free of charge!

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

8k LRS…

You are either:

-Upscaled
or
-You took off all your armour so you could post a pic
or
-The ranger had 25 stacks of might, frost spirit, signet of wild, signet of hunt, all warrior banners…etc… (all current damage buffs in game)
or
-You’re very good at photoshop.

There, pick one!

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Is this meant to be ranger qq thread? Because if so long range shot was not buffed at range…this kind of damage was possible pre patch…

You must be noob :|

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

There is this new thing called toughness. They introduced it the same time that they introduced long range shot. You should check it out, it helps out a lot.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

8k LRS…

You are either:

-Upscaled
or
-You took off all your armour so you could post a pic
or
-The ranger had 25 stacks of might, frost spirit, signet of wild, signet of hunt, all warrior banners…etc… (all current damage buffs in game)
or
-You’re very good at photoshop.

There, pick one!

All my armour was equipped and fully functional. Hopefully I am level 80 by now. The first screenshot was outside a tower so I don’t know what buffs the ranger had at the moment. In the second he was outside SM and I doubt he had anything special like warrior banner or whatever.

Is this meant to be ranger qq thread? Because if so long range shot was not buffed at range…this kind of damage was possible pre patch…

You must be noob :|

This thread turned into a QQ thread when people started to QQ over my lack of toughness. And handing out personal insults (gj).

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There is this new thing called toughness. They introduced it the same time that they introduced long range shot. You should check it out, it helps out a lot.

too bad toughness is absolute garbage on thief, because they have nothing to support it with

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

So ballistas are finally useful…

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I was lighting some people up this evening with my ballista hands.

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

8k.. to a single target? Pretty sure a spread-shot can one-hit-down a small blob.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Maybe he have blue or green armors. My max hit was ~6k on a not upleveled but mostly i deal 3-4k on light classes max.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

eh i believe it vs a thief ill deal 12k with axe 2 on my necro reliably, in special scenarios i can see long range shot dealing 8k damage pretty easily. why are we whining about this tho? Warriors are still a playable class in this game after all

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

No. He means Long Range Shot.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Long_Range_Shot

That is, ranger’s longbow autoattack.

The guy who took those screenshots must have playing with a character with little or no toughness in gear and attributes.

The one you mean is Kill Shot.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kill_Shot

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Popping signet of the hunt could get you an 8k critical if you are specced glassy. It’s on a fairly long cooldown though. You can see further down the log a normal 4k crit, which is totally believable for a glass cannon ranger on a target with low toughness.

in WvW

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

that’s a huge number that I don’t think I have ever achieved with my full glass, 6/6/0/2/0 LB build, and I am full ascended everything.

I would suspect close to 100% crit chance with Rampage as One, signet of the hunt and signet of the wild combined (+25 damage and +50% damage for next shot), specced to add might on activation was involved ,and maybe jungle stalker for pet for 5 more might, or perhaps you were interrupted and activated moment of clarity

that being said, this build is a troll build, even for a glassy ranger its even more super glassy cuz you really cant run around with it, throwing down all your utilities for a one-off hit, unless you are with a good group, and is really only decent from a tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

you could use it while roaming but a single good dodge block blur blind ect will leave you sobbing as that thief gives you a red hot pecker up the kitten