Bandwagons

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: quickflash.6314

quickflash.6314

So we have so many discussions on bandwagon servers, numbers, and people talking about how to make things more fair.

The truth is bandwagons can be defeated. Strats can be utilized to overwhelm and defeat your opponents.

I see a lot of fair this fair that. The truth is I think those people are just saying I want to win. It’s like when people complain about how stealth is overpowered and how it needs to be nerfed. Again all I hear is “I want to roll over my enemy without working for it”

Yaksbend proved in season 1 that utilizing unconventional tactics a bandwagon server can be defeated.

As shown with the crushing defeat of SBI in season 1 allowing the yaks to take 2nd. People will call it messed up what we did. But the truth is we utilized propaganda , alliances, and sure out force of will to claim second.

So those who want to sit in these forums and complain how wvw is not fair. Stop with the sob story. Man or Women up! Get out there and give them hell!

Side comment 1:
SBI is an amazing group of people who fought to the bitter end. It could have gone either way and those matches were amazing.

Side comment 2:
Anyone else notice that the Women of WvW are way more Bloodthirsty than the man on average.

Commander Rena [POV]
Mistress of Death
Yaksbend | Evil Empire

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

YB’s “unconventional tactic” was to team up with EB against SBI. That’s really not that genius of a strategy. That’s just playing even more into the whole “overwhelm with numbers” strategy. It’s not worth patting yourself on the back over. Admittedly it was the best thing YB could do to make sure SBI was defeated, but it didn’t make your server look good, and from most outside servers perspective YB actually looked like even more of a joke after that match up then they did going into it.

There are discussions about bandwagon servers because they ARE an issue. You can use anecdotal evidence about how “this one time we did this one strategy that totally beat this bandwagon server” all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that overwhelming numbers and coverage win 9/10 times. What happens when 2 servers that can only queue one map on a reset night face a server with over 200 man queues across all 4 maps? No amount of strategy is going to see either of the 2 undermanned servers come out of that matchup victorious. It will not happen. And it’s not because they refuse to think outside the box. I promise you during a matchup like that the outmatched servers will have their fill of loot bags and fun, innovative strategy implementation, but they will NOT win.

Personally, I don’t care much about PPT, I play for kills and fun, but there is no denying that WvW is won by the server with the most coverage across all timezones in most cases. There’s a reason HoD is crushing your server right now, and it’s the same reason my server (BP) is being crushed by SBI.

Why don’t you show us all through example how awesome YB’s innovative strategies are and kick the crap out of HoD? No excuses man, come on. Do it. I dare you. Prove the people who realize bandwagon servers are a problem wrong. Do it.

P.S.: I don’t believe any WvW players think WvW should be fair, however, they just simply wish they didn’t enter a matchup knowing exactly who will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Knowing who will win going into the fight detracts from the competitive nature of the entire game mode.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

(edited by godz raiden.2631)

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

So we have so many discussions on bandwagon servers, numbers, and people talking about how to make things more fair.

The truth is bandwagons can be defeated. Strats can be utilized to overwhelm and defeat your opponents.

I see a lot of fair this fair that. The truth is I think those people are just saying I want to win. It’s like when people complain about how stealth is overpowered and how it needs to be nerfed. Again all I hear is “I want to roll over my enemy without working for it”

Yaksbend proved in season 1 that utilizing unconventional tactics a bandwagon server can be defeated.

As shown with the crushing defeat of SBI in season 1 allowing the yaks to take 2nd. People will call it messed up what we did. But the truth is we utilized propaganda , alliances, and sure out force of will to claim second.

So those who want to sit in these forums and complain how wvw is not fair. Stop with the sob story. Man or Women up! Get out there and give them hell!

Side comment 1:
SBI is an amazing group of people who fought to the bitter end. It could have gone either way and those matches were amazing.

Side comment 2:
Anyone else notice that the Women of WvW are way more Bloodthirsty than the man on average.

Yep I totally agree, you don’t really need an alliance to do this, mostly people understanding that focusing on the highest/strongest target is more beneficial, e.g. don’t fight for 2nd, fight for 1st. This doesn’t only apply to bandwagons, but match ups on a whole, and makes them much more challenging imo.

- Look forward to seeing Yak’s at some point during the tourney, haven’t seen you guys in a while.

- LoL and yes we are

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Yes, YB teaming up with Ebay to beat SBI was one trick that worked at the time but that was once. You can’t rely on using this trick again.

The key to winning WvW comes down to population and coverage and any server with both of those is most likely going to win.

YB

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

SBI, while very strong season 1, didn’t have the influx that free transfers brought either (at least I don’t think so). While I don’t agree with many of the points the BP poster made, I do agree pre-determined outcomes are very blah. Maybe some like rolling over and pvdoor, but that is barely more fun than getting rolled from my pov.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Alright enough flaterring yourself dude, YB and EBay didn’t just make a truce. If it was just that the match would be way more closer and EBay would have zero chances at second place.

Here’s the truth: Since reset, EBay and YB had all their teams focused on SBI. Which is still fine, then as week progresses YB used spies, siege griefers, mesmer portaled zergs into citadel to destroy omegas and even worst manipulated the match uos scores. How? By giving EBay their own BL towers, keeps for free and throwing YB zergs into EBays so EBay could stomp for PPT. This is the scummy moves I was reffering to the other threads, so like I said, dont flatter yourself.

Its no counsidence both of your servers lost a vast amount of players after leagues, karma is a kitten isn’t it

Commander Nachonix

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Arkard.3970

Arkard.3970

OP is correct that bandwagons can be overcome. The sudden surge in numbers may be overwhelming at first, but they conceal some fatal flaws that can be exploited. Heh, thanks for reminding me of the good old days on my server of fighting the Kaineg and DB bandwagons. =)

Miyako [Kupo] – 80 Thief
Tarnished Coast Server

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Alright enough flaterring yourself dude, YB and EBay didn’t just make a truce. If it was just that the match would be way more closer and EBay would have zero chances at second place.

Here’s the truth: Since reset, EBay and YB had all their teams focused on SBI. Which is still fine, then as week progresses YB used spies, siege griefers, mesmer portaled zergs into citadel to destroy omegas and even worst manipulated the match uos scores. How? By giving EBay their own BL towers, keeps for free and throwing YB zergs into EBays so EBay could stomp for PPT. This is the scummy moves I was reffering to the other threads, so like I said, dont flatter yourself.

Its no counsidence both of your servers lost a vast amount of players after leagues, karma is a kitten isn’t it

Coming from someone who was a memmeber of [bags] this bs is great. Keep it up mate.

I think the whole alliance idea was idiotic, but considering that most of of the spying/siege griefing was done by [bags] and the whole drama started due to them destroying siege/supply, your post is hilarious. Keep it up.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Natronix.9827

I was never in Bags, I was in BEAST and when they decided to merge with Bags which didn’t last long.

Heck, I’m not even an NA prime player I just did reset with them, so whats your point ? Lol

Commander Nachonix

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Coming from someone who was a memmeber of [bags] this bs is great. Keep it up mate.

I think the whole alliance idea was idiotic, but considering that most of of the spying/siege griefing was done by [bags] and the whole drama started due to them destroying siege/supply, your post is hilarious. Keep it up.

Coming from someone who knows almost nothing about [Bags], this BS is great. Keep it up mate.

I think your whole post was idiotic, especially considering that the spying / siege griefing was done by one member of [Bags] on their downtime and they stopped once they got bored. I guess the whole drama you’re blowing out of proportion was all because of one measly troll. Anyway, your post is hilarious. Keep it up.

P.S. – I miss you Nacho! <3

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Bandwagons

in WvW

Natronix.9827

Miss ya guys too, is beth and iLL still around?

Commander Nachonix

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Ironic, we at EBay at the time were encountering all of that…from SBI. There are jerks on all sides, please don’t blame an entire server just because you saw a few from one side. Otherwise I could call all of SBI a bunch of crybabies, when I know it’s only a vocal minority.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: amberlin.5124

amberlin.5124

The OP generated a poorly crafted topic/thread — replete with gender bias.

The thread has devolved into match-up quibbling and coffee-talk gossip.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Personally, I don’t care much about PPT, I play for kills and fun, but there is no denying that WvW is won by the server with the most coverage across all timezones in most cases. There’s a reason HoD is crushing your server right now, and it’s the same reason my server (BP) is being crushed by SBI.

Why don’t you show us all through example how awesome YB’s innovative strategies are and kick the crap out of HoD? No excuses man, come on. Do it. I dare you. Prove the people who realize bandwagon servers are a problem wrong. Do it.

P.S.: I don’t believe any WvW players think WvW should be fair, however, they just simply wish they didn’t enter a matchup knowing exactly who will win 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Knowing who will win going into the fight detracts from the competitive nature of the entire game mode.

Well, it is hard to get enough people from 2 servers to agree to 2v1 during the week, so their strategy and implementation actually did work. But, the season 1 predetermined schedule helped them form that union to beat us. We crushed YB the first time we faced them, and it took a lot of work for them and Ebay to take us out.

They can’t use that strategy against HoD and FA unless they use it against SBI or IoJ first. As of now, it looks like the remainder of the season, SBI and IoJ will trade off and who will be getting spanked by FA and HoD each week, with 3rd place being decided by which server doesn’t face HoD and FA last.

Of course, if an upset happens to SBI or IoJ in that time frame, then 3rd place can change.

Bandwagoning hurts everyone but the server that got the transfers. Well, it hurts the server that gets the transfers a few months down the line, when drama ensues (and it always does).

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Krengy.6705

Krengy.6705

Side comment 2:

hehe yup :p

HoD [ANBU]

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Well, SBI lost just a much. The bandwagon (which you were part of) failed hard.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

YB’s “unconventional tactic” was to team up with EB against SBI. That’s really not that genius of a strategy.

If it wasn’t genius, why is everyone still talking about this match 6 months afterwards and is the only non-T1 (one week) matchup that people have ever talked about?

Too many cowards and fools are too easy to take the easy way out, rather than strive to take out the top server. Fort Aspenwood is in Silver League solely because too many on their server decided to play for second, so often.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

If you say it enough times, Chris, it must be true, right? Like how SoS tanked in the match up against Mag and DB, let Mag and DB feed PPT off you guys, despite all your threats to DB that SoS will stomp them if they came to T2. No worries though. BG did the same thing.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Bandwagons

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

Chris likes to think that he’s the local authority on all things related to WvW.

Yes, but who the kitten is Beth?

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

YB’s “unconventional tactic” was to team up with EB against SBI. That’s really not that genius of a strategy.

If it wasn’t genius, why is everyone still talking about this match 6 months afterwards and is the only non-T1 (one week) matchup that people have ever talked about?

Too many cowards and fools are too easy to take the easy way out, rather than strive to take out the top server. Fort Aspenwood is in Silver League solely because too many on their server decided to play for second, so often.

We’re still talking about it because Yak’s Benders keep bringing it up… which honestly just detracts from its supposed “genius.”

To answer your question why your current matchup is the most talked about:

It’s not because YB is in it. Did you happen to read the Silver League prediction thread before it got closed? Nobody cared about any servers in Silver other than FA and HoD. FA because they were expected to steamroll through this season, and HoD because they had grown to possess ridiculous coverage overnight due to free transfers going into the season.

Look at your current matchup. Look at the names of the servers in it. Ask if anybody is wondering if YB was going to beat FA. The answer is no. FA v HoD is how people see your current matchup, and that’s the only reason anybody is interested in it.

YB is a fine server, and you do have some innovative strategies, but teaming up with another server and purposefully letting them stomp you shouldn’t be celebrated as one of them. I would never give up lootbags to someone who can’t get PPT for themselves, especially since I consider PPT to be an awful measure of a server’s actual overall skill.

You can call it cowardice that other servers aren’t willing to partner up with you to bring down the top server in a matchup. I, on the other hand, believe that more courageous, and ultimately better, player is the one who admits they won’t win a matchup, but fights on anyways, trying to better themselves without harming the competitive aspect of the game. YB is no better than any other server, and you never will be.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

(edited by godz raiden.2631)

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Tots.3056

Tots.3056

NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I hear you and Olaf are beasting it on Mag haha, keep it up man mags a cheese… I MEAN GOOD, yeah good server. ;D

comeatmemagfagtrolls

considering that most of of the spying/siege griefing was done by [bags] and the whole drama started due to them destroying siege/supply,

I’m suprised you’re still QQing about us siege griefing you. For your info, we siege griefed our own server, SBI, a whole lot more than we siege griefed YB. We did this to our own server on a daily basis. siege capping the map.

Attachments:

Collecting Loot [Bags]
Guild Leader

(edited by Tots.3056)

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

tournaments provide strategic opportunities you don’t normally get in non-season WvW play.

in this case, YB wanted to finish the season ahead of SBI. EB wanted to finish ahead of BP. due to the way the matchups were assigned, EB and YB were in a position to help each other achieve their goals.

I’m surprised they were able to pull it off; normally EB and YB don’t really like each other. really, EB doesn’t like anybody most of the time. which is just how it should be.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

Bandwagons

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

I’m suprised you’re still QQing about us siege griefing you. For your info, we siege griefed our own server, SBI, a whole lot more than we siege griefed YB. We did this to our own server on a daily basis. siege capping the map.

It’s beautiful.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Gundail.7594

Gundail.7594

/sarcasm : Wait what of The Bendravi Alliance? Best buds for ever right? Unless you can’t come in second… Then I suppose… how do the kids say? “To Tier Eight with you!”

All kidding aside, We were really looking forward to a match up with ol’YB, shame it’s been a bit of a face roll but, there’s been some good fights. Great to see some old friends still out in the field even if they are on the wrong team.

Gundent
Charr Warguardmeznecrotheifrangergineer
[ETA]-HoD or wherever Mega-server-blob who cares anymore?

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

If you say it enough times, Chris, it must be true, right? Like how SoS tanked in the match up against Mag and DB, let Mag and DB feed PPT off you guys, despite all your threats to DB that SoS will stomp them if they came to T2. No worries though. BG did the same thing.

I honestly feel bad for those on FA who played it straight 9 times out of 10. FA was on the cusp of greatness there for a little while post-season and the actions of a few let it slip from their fingers once T2 became a three-way match.

It all rolls into your “tanking” slander. It wasn’t tanking because both servers brought the heat on the top server in the match. If the broader FA community had been on board with such a plan (as they were with TC and we almost saw them fall apart given how they lost their minds the last week we both focused them) there would have been a lot more support from both servers on the plan to focus DB (everyone lost interest by Monday, deciding that DB was in better shape for Gold than FA was at the time) and FA might have still been in scoring range to take the 6th spot from Maguuma.

History lesson over.

Either way, FA now has a perception problem that most there don’t deserve.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

LOL stop slandering FA saying we play for second. Perceptions about other servers are created by people like you saying kitten like that. If you don’t like the tanking talk about your server, don’t dish it out.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Bandwagons

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I hear you and Olaf are beasting it on Mag haha, keep it up man mags a cheese… I MEAN GOOD, yeah good server. ;D

comeatmemagfagtrolls

considering that most of of the spying/siege griefing was done by [bags] and the whole drama started due to them destroying siege/supply,

And that is why we are pretty kitten glad that Bags left SBI.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I honestly feel bad for those on FA who played it straight 9 times out of 10. FA was on the cusp of greatness there for a little while post-season and the actions of a few let it slip from their fingers once T2 became a three-way match.

It all rolls into your “tanking” slander. It wasn’t tanking because both servers brought the heat on the top server in the match. If the broader FA community had been on board with such a plan (as they were with TC and we almost saw them fall apart given how they lost their minds the last week we both focused them) there would have been a lot more support from both servers on the plan to focus DB (everyone lost interest by Monday, deciding that DB was in better shape for Gold than FA was at the time) and FA might have still been in scoring range to take the 6th spot from Maguuma.

History lesson over.

Either way, FA now has a perception problem that most there don’t deserve.

When did T2 become a 3 way match after the season?

I remember it being volatile, and random matches matching up t2 and t3 servers frequently, as well as Mag dropping out, and then back in once SoR dropped in and out of t2. Then DB started making a charge for t2, and slid in there before this season.

I think you have a different view of what really happened in t2 over the past few months.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Natronix.9827

There was like 2 balanced weeks were T2 was more balanced because they were pressuring TC.

Then shifted focus on SoS when they won one week in T2 and SoS got a lot of transfers that drained EBay.

TC still had more coverage and as soon as the 2v1 stopped they steamrolled like they used to. SoR implodes and TC gets more xfers, we all know the rest yeah.

Commander Nachonix

Bandwagons

in WvW

Flytrap.8075

And that is why we are pretty kitten glad that Bags left SBI.

If only you knew how excited we are to see our beloved friends on SBI tomorrow

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

Ah, the “play to win!” quote I hear so much. The hilarious thing is, these words often come from the mouths of those who intentionally tank just before a season. Hell, sometimes it’s even that person themselves that orchestrated the tank. Yeah, talk to commander on YB, find out who wanted to tank and who didn’t. It’s kind of funny.

-Hypocrisy, it’s what’s for dinner!-

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

you people hating on TC really have a problem dealing with the fact your predictions were wrong don’t you? SoS never even put pressure on TC in our matchup, we destroyed them day 1 and then people came and went ‘’oh beware of their scary Oceanic coverage!’’ wakes up day after oh look, were 40k points ahead.

I just see how it plays out, if BG wins, so be it, they play well couldn’t be angry at them winning even if I tried, just stop making excuses for your servers, SoS get stomped, just as BG stomps TC(and everyone else.)

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

Why is everyone fighting?! Stop fighting everyone ;_;

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Bandwagons

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

There was like 2 balanced weeks were T2 was more balanced because they were pressuring TC.

Then shifted focus on SoS when they won one week in T2 and SoS got a lot of transfers that drained EBay.

TC still had more coverage and as soon as the 2v1 stopped they steamrolled like they used to. SoR implodes and TC gets more xfers, we all know the rest yeah.

SoS got those Ebay transfers the week SBI was figthing TC (you were on SBI in those days). Then they proceeded to beat TC the next week (and we beat Mag by 50k). Then EoTM launched, SoR implodes, SBI has an exodus, other servers lose guilds, BP has an exodus, DH has one, TC, HoD, and MAG benefit (as well as DB)…etc..etc

Servers aren’t really improving in this game on their own, they are doing it because people are jumping ship everywhere.

While I think a lot of Mag’s forces are trolltastic kittens, I will admit that they have a lot of skilled guilds, which is more than I can say for a lot of other servers.

Bandwagons

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

Bandwagons CANNOT BE DEFEATED! because we will always transfer to the winning server!!!

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW