Baseline stats question

Baseline stats question

in WvW

Posted by: Kholem.6092

Kholem.6092

Hey guys,

Quick (2) question(s) – when creating a build for whichever class:
What Power do you aim for in a power build as a minimum?
What Condition Damage do you aim for as a condition build as a minimum?

I know certain instances differ such as might reliance on d/d eles but was looking to see if there was a rule of thumb rather than a set rule, just to give some guidance when I try new builds or combinations.

Cheers!

Baseline stats question

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

It really depends on the profession and what you’re aiming for in the build. For example, on my shatter mesmer, the power damage I bring to the table is a lot lower than I would like it to be. But I’m forced to: I want Traveler Runes for the mobility, and my trait set-up forces me to have some stats I don’t really care about.

There’s no real rule of thumb. If you want to burst people down, add power as much as you can, but consider what you have to trade in exchange for that extra power. Finally, try different things.

If I REALLY were to give you a number, I guess a pure power build would have to be above 2100 (in exotic weapons/armor and ascended trinkets), and a pure condition build at least above 900 condi damage.

Baseline stats question

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

for a Front-line guardian or warrior,

You’ll want to have 2000+ power, between 2.8 and 3k armor,
~30% critical chance.

Here’s an example of a strong warrior build for World vs World:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQNBiYDbkpjKPLDxzD6QDwFUY77AQXKkODChNA-TliFABKcBAM4BAsmuhqUCCwRAwIleEq+DVKDS4gAsy+DBAQAu5NzmtZwRP6RP6RPafXnHdnH9olCgJlRA-w

This build is not even min-maxed as well as it could be. I’ve seen warriors get 2900 power and 2950 armor at the same time.

the 3k armor will keep you alive long enough to dodge out of any damage that you’re taking. You will still have to dodge though. This isnt a T1 commander build where you can just wade into wells and laugh it off (3.7k armor what!?!), but the link is a good example of how warriors can be built

Baseline stats question

in WvW

Posted by: Kholem.6092

Kholem.6092

Hey guys that’s great cheers. Exactly the sort of thing I was looking for! I know that builds vary in stats and depending what the role is but at least with those figures I can gauge to an extent.
Thanks again