Battle for Kaineng

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: gandhigonewild.3645

gandhigonewild.3645

Kaineng players on the eve of battle
http://i46.tinypic.com/287qhwp.jpg

After intense fighting the brave freedom fighters of Kaineng managed to push the Northern Shiverpeak barbarians out of our homeland.
http://i50.tinypic.com/pqern.jpg

A great battle soon erupted over Long view tower. The brave defenders of Kaineng were victorious in the face of endless hordes of Shiverpeak barbarians.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2agm4hf.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/1431x4.jpg

Sadly, like the Spartans of old, the brave Kainengian heroes were attacked by endless hordes of evil Shiverpeakers whose numbers proved to be too much. The valiant defenders of Kaineng died defending the Orb and the Lord.
http://i48.tinypic.com/fxawrq.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2edbndf.jpg

KAINENG NEEDS YOU! TRANSFER TODAY!
Ask not what your server can do for you! Ask what you can do Kaineng!

Level 80 Norn Warrior
Kætilmund [LaZy] -Kaineng

(edited by gandhigonewild.3645)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Creamer.7864

Chris Creamer.7864

This is Kaineng!!

Torturer Severian[Nuke]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

I read the NA whine on these forums a lot and have l;earned Kaineng is one of the lowest rank servers. This at least shows you have spirit, and a sense of humour, something it seems a lot of the top NA servers are lacking. And for that reason alone you deserve a few more people to enjoy your games more.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Thunderknuckles.9475

Thunderknuckles.9475

Neomir, I just wanted to politely mention that Kaineng isn’t ranked as one of the lowest servers due to poorly skilled PvP’ers. It is entirely due to low population. Northern Shiverpeaks, whilst admittedly having some intelligent players who know the benefits of siege weaponry and fortification of strongholds, has one primary advantage that has nothing at all to do with skill……..sheer numbers.

They are otherwise, literally, a babbling horde. A mass of cannon fodder washing over everything in their path. You catch NS players alone one or two at a time and they run. I mean they just turn tail and flee for the hills. Even when it’s 2 of them to one of you.

Kaineng has some outstanding PvP’ers on it, hanging in there and hoping for some kind of balance. It strikes me that a lot of people are very hesitant to transfer and come help us out for no other reason than they “don’t wanna be on the ‘fail’ server”.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Creamer.7864

Chris Creamer.7864

Well when you have to fight 3v1 or more every time, there’s less room for error.

Torturer Severian[Nuke]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: spif.7580

spif.7580

Being the underdog is a lot more fun (and profitable with the out-manned buff) than riding the zerg. You get to move around all ninja like.

—- Kaineng : Nuke → Saarc ---

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

Thunder, you go into all these threads calling out NS only. Sounds like you are a bit mad dude. Maybe you should relax. Once you get more numbers you will become the “babbling horde” you speak of.

This was a Kaineng thread, not NS thread

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Thunderknuckles.9475

Coolmoos, you read a crap ton more into what I posted than was meant. I’m not mad about anything, dude. LOL This game doesn’t affect my life beyond some evening entertainment. Take your drama queen stuff somewhere else, son.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

I think you need to rethink what you had just said. I didn’t bring any “drama” into this thread… You are the one constantly QQing in everything about NS players

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Thunderknuckles.9475

Noone’s “QQ’ing”. LOL “QQ’ing” has become the cliché accusation of the decade. It’s a simple fact. Kaineng WvW is practically impossible right now, cut and dried, due to being utterly outnumbered by NS. Edited to say that….I see you are on NS. lol

(edited by Thunderknuckles.9475)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

You see the signature?

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Coolmoos.8546

Its ok, I personally love the Kaineng players.. We USUALLY leave yall alone and take Devona’s before yall.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

haha that battle for LV. My party only had 20 supply at the time and a random finished the ballista just in time to take out your catapults right before the wall fell. Wall had like 1% remaining.

Our server did a good job attempting to defend a keep from a zerg, but we have a lot of learning to do on seige placement for lord room defense. A megazerg will inevitably take a door down and we need to be better prepared for when it breaks.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Narcosis.3812

Narcosis.3812

KAINENG!!!! The Bad News Bears of GW2!!!111!!!

You know, I spent 2 hours last night on my old server that will remain nameless. It’s one of the “top” servers blah blah blah. All I hear in map chat is QQ, defeatism, and tons of blame going on because they are in 3rd place in their match up.

I spent the next 3 hours on my HOME Kaineng, and I see people working together against adversity. In the same 3rd place, but no QQ, no defeatism, no blame game. Last night, suckering NSP to take our orb just so we could take it from them and move it to the garrison was pure win.

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Narcosis.3812)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Bahatsu.4521

Bahatsu.4521

Was a fun night of WvW thats for sure.

/Salute to Kaineng for continuing to show up through the late afternoon and evening.

It was fun to actually face some people on the field of battle who stood and fought instead of 5 of us running into another one of your groups of 5-7 and having them run off losing 2-3 people. Guess your gun shy

We had an amazing fight Way up north (godsword I think not online atm… oh btw is it Gods Word or God Sword…) where about 14 of us held off your zerg ball for about 10-15 minutes and forcing you from the east road back into your supply camp. I will never understand why you all just didn’t pounce and route us and instead you let us pick you off and force you back.

Hope you all are qued up tonight as well

-Bahatsu [PVP] NS
WvW Officer of PvP Inc.
“There is no shame in finishing second… When it was to me” -Bahatsu

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: WonderPenguin.1387

WonderPenguin.1387

The few times I’ve run into Kaineng players in WvW during my playtime I’ve been on my own just wandering around for map completion. I actually enjoy running into one of you guys because so far each encounter has been…“honorable?”

You guys just tend to stand your ground and have a nice clean 1v1 fight with me. I appreciate it. :P

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

The few times I’ve run into Kaineng players in WvW during my playtime I’ve been on my own just wandering around for map completion. I actually enjoy running into one of you guys because so far each encounter has been…“honorable?”

You guys just tend to stand your ground and have a nice clean 1v1 fight with me. I appreciate it. :P

Wish it’s the same for me. I usually fight one then get outnumber to1v15. :P

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

lol, love the BNB video clip. I haven’t seen that in over 30… well, nevermind.

Nice post OP. Keep up the good work.

I see these forums and it’s just non-stop people griping about long queue times, zerg guilds, balance, etc. Everyone’s so worried about winning or losing they’ve completely forgotten they’re supposed to be having fun.

Last night tens of thousands (literally, maybe even hundreds of thousands) of players in NA waited in queue, some for many hours. The sad thing is, they didn’t have to. They CHOSE to. They could resolve their situation in a few mouse clicks and start having fun.

Last night on Kaineng, in that same period of time:

• I joined WvW instantly
  • I earned about 40 Badges of Honor
  • I earned 4 levels of experience
  • I earned over 100 kills
  • I was fully defeated… only 3 times
  • I had a lot of fun with a my guild and the Kaineng community sticking it to NS’s zerg (with some DR interruptions here and there as well).

Yeah, we lost it all when we left the area, but it was a blast taking it.

By my math, we still have room for another 500 or so people on at prime time divided between the 4 maps BEFORE WE EVEN HIT A QUEUE.

Just saying.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: zombiemeerkat.5960

zombiemeerkat.5960

Eh, I like Kaineng. The community is great. But, I get so tired of this “chase the NSP zerg around” plan. It gets us nowhere.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Narcosis.3812

We had an amazing fight Way up north (godsword I think not online atm… oh btw is it Gods Word or God Sword…) where about 14 of us held off your zerg ball for about 10-15 minutes and forcing you from the east road back into your supply camp. I will never understand why you all just didn’t pounce and route us and instead you let us pick you off and force you back.

Was that before or after we took the orb away from you and took it to our garrison? Not once, but twice (the first time our carrier got bugged or something and it returned to its cradle, so we had to let you take it again.)

Oh and, what’s a que? Or is it queue? Never mind, never heard of either one

Duplicitous, Free Kitty Riot, Robalai Bleeds, Narcotic Reign [TWL] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Narcosis.3812)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Thadren Calder.1397

Thadren Calder.1397

I like being on the weakest server, more practice and no queues

We are Kaineng!!

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Bahatsu.4521

Bahatsu.4521

Was that before or after we took the orb away from you and took it to our garrison? Not once, but twice (the first time our carrier got bugged or something and it returned to its cradle, so we had to let you take it again.)

You mean took your own orb back? Grats
Carrier bugged or just didn’t know what to do with it?

Regardless was fun.

-Bahatsu [PVP] NS
WvW Officer of PvP Inc.
“There is no shame in finishing second… When it was to me” -Bahatsu

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Were you guys surprise when you almost took almost all of Devona’s Rest and see the big group of players from NS in greenlake with lots of siege weapons? I was the guy using the cannon there and i was surprise your server had people place treb sites right at the gate b/c i took them out before they were built.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Narcosis.3812

You mean took your own orb back? Grats
Carrier bugged or just didn’t know what to do with it?

Regardless was fun.

Of course, our orb, that we took from you twice, was fun though We knew we couldn’t defend it with our numbers, but we knew we could take it away since we had a group camped to intercept. We did manage to keep it for 3 hours before the zergball came to garrison.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Narcosis.3812

Where you guys surprise when you almost took almost all of Devona’s Rest and see the big group of players from NS in greenlake with lots of siege weapons? I was the guy using the cannon there and i was surprise your server had people place treb sites right at the gate b/c i took them out before they were built.

IDK, I never went south of DB. I know we don’t have the numbers to keep anything more than the top third of our borderland, so I don’t bother venturing further.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

gandhigonewild.3645

Really impressed with the coordination of our server lately

Level 80 Norn Warrior

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

The first orb attempt bugged.

What happened was I was carrying the orb, never dropped it and was running south to garrision. Somehow in the middle of this a random orb drops on the ground near me and a random picks it up and runs it back north. When he capped it the orb in my hand disappeared. Yes thats right, somehow there were 2 orb objects on the map at the same time.

So it was both a bug, and someone not listening in team and map chat.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Narathkor.8541

Narathkor.8541

Oh well, was a good ad calling for help, too bad it is untrue. Your people run when less people are being faced, refuse to cap a tower defended by one guy just because it has reinforced doors. You had a chance to attract a large wvw guild but we will not be a part of useless team mates like you. Back to your own devices.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Wait what? Where did that come from. Doesnt sound like kaineng you are describing there. My group routinely fights larger groups, and can come out on top. Yes I do run when you send 15 against 2, who wouldnt.

Kaineng takes Stonemist, because we can. We have less numbers, but did it anyway.

And we held it against a relentless assault for a long time. They slowly chipped away at our kaineng meatgrinder, but not after we got at least 20 kills to a man.

Attachments:

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

(edited by Draygo.9473)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

With about 20 players, some Balistas and AC’s, we held Stonemists Central room against 3 times our number, 1 or 2 siege golems, multiple directions… there was no break in the waves of Borlis’ assault, but we held the Castle…for 3 straight hours. Like he said, we had easily 20 kills per player by the end.

This is what Kaineng is about – pure fun in the face of ridiculous odds. They need orb advantage AND 3 to 1 odds to push us across the map, take either of those away and we crush them most of the fights.

We lost the castle because half of us teleported back to take Pangloss, but it was already bed time for several of us anyway.

The 40 minute long plot and preparation to break into the castle is another story.

PS. thanks for staying out of our server with your “large wvw guild” with your attitude you would have likely hindered our morale and progress in becoming a more coordinated machine.

Attachments:

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

(edited by Splintrr.7391)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

“Oh well, was a good ad calling for help, too bad it is untrue. Your people run when less people are being faced, refuse to cap a tower defended by one guy just because it has reinforced doors. You had a chance to attract a large wvw guild but we will not be a part of useless team mates like you. Back to your own devices.”

Let’s be clear here, you represent the exact kind of people we DON’T want coming to Kaineng. You clearly have no idea what Kaineng is about, and obviously made no attempt to fit into the community and figure it out before making some childish assessment of the community.

Last night for the first time in two weeks I saw something I had never seen before on Kaineng… an argument. And it was from someone from another server, like yourself, with a big ego who thought he was going to come save us from ourselves.

I invited him to use Teamspeak. He refused to join the teamspeak server the rest of us was on because of some ridiculous personal vendetta against the software. He insisted all of us instantly change and start using what HE wanted because obviously right before a big push to take Stonemist was the appropriate time in his mind for us all to stop what we were doing and appease him.

Then when I invite him to join the alliance web site and suggest the other chat program there, he insisted he was above doing that because HIS amazing guild was bigger than our whole server, and therefore apparently was too important to mingle with us lowlifes.

The whole time he was talking to us like we were beneath him. The rest of us were just thinking how childish he sounded.

And then YOU get on these forums sounding just like him (maybe you are him, I don’t know) and post this and think what, we’re going to feel sorry for ourselves for missing out on such a glorious opportunity to have YOU come grace us with your presence? I feel embarrassed for you.

Fubuki aka Gabe

BTW: See the screenshot below? This is about 30 people working together fighting off two servers at once because both of them would rather try to take the “easy” resources than fight each other. Most of those keeps were taken from us and we took them back, with defenders inside. What you stated above makes no sense.

Yes, we will lose all of it when we log out for the night. No, we don’t have enough people to be in Eternal and the Borderlands at the same time, and for this, we’re always going to lose, but from 8:00 to midnight every night we give them hell.

Maybe if you were on teamspeak with us, you would have known who to run with and where to go.

Just saying.

Attachments:

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Blrrgh.6908

Blrrgh.6908

Kaineng, I have been watching you guys for some time, since we are matched with you constantly, being the two smallest servers. We face many of the same challenges you guys face, and with a much less united community. Devona’s Rest and FIST in particular has left you alone for the vast majority of the fights in the MISTs, becuase it is a pointless exercise when you have the massive zergs from NSP etc. to constantly fend off.
I am a little irked at some of these posts because what we see often is when we push on our larger 3rd opponent we have to go and back cap from Kaineng. We don’t " try to take the easy resources "

We were excited to see you guys cap SM last night, much like one is proud of their annoying little brother when he finally does something right. but to be honest seeing you crow about it here and giving no credit to your de facto allies on Devona’s Rest is a little irritating. Especially considering that we kept them contained and bled all night, which set the scenario for you guys to cap SM and other parts of the map. Show some love to the other little server.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Cerokhol.7015

Cerokhol.7015

Obviously, no matter what world you are or how good you are, the other worlds in WvWvW fighting each other is going to affect how everything works out. So in that regard Devona’s Rest did help us by fighting elsewhere while we capped SM.

However saying that you helped us, like you knew what we were planning and your whole server would have agreed with your way of thinking is a little much.

Last night I transferred to Kaineng and joined WvWvW and the first thing I noticed was how organized they could be without bickering like little children. In my last world, I did not want to WvWvW because you would see small groups of 4 or 5 people just wandering around picking off lone players not really helping, and someone in chat would just sit there insulting them…

In Kaineng, they would simply say a place needed help and people went there. If someone didn’t go, they didn’t waste time yelling at them. They may occasionally ask for more help but they weren’t going to start a pointless fight about it.

Also because of this attitude a couple of players REALLY out did themselves fortifying Cliffside, the last stand of Kaineng, last night. With everything else gone, and a massive defense set up, we managed to hold out against both worlds trying to take the tower.

We eventually lost the tower, but not without a fight and a lot of rather amusing LotR quotes about helms deep, Gandalf coming on the third day, and you shall not pass!

tl;dr: Kaineng is what WvWvW should be… organized fun without drama

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

We didnt consider DR our allies in that, considering we took the castle from them.

And then they backcapped us afterwords. So why would we consider you allies? Your server went into pangloss and camped it. I do not begrudge you for that but dont pretend we have any kind of alliance at this point when you guys are rightfully trying to sabatoge us. Its part of the game.

If you want us to treat you like allies, you need to act like allies. I did not see that last night at all, I saw DR playing to win and taking as much territory as possible. It is true from time to time we help each other, even last night after BP took stonemist back after several hours of us defending it, we intentionally attacked stonemist again with an attack we werent planning on succeeding with just to draw them away from your keep to the south. And it worked, they were forced to retreat and deal with our attack. The funny thing is we almost managed to take stonemist a second time, they got there just in time to stop us.

Its a 1v1v1 map. Someone is always going to fight someone, and its up to the last server to take the advantage of the situation.

If you were really our allies, you would not have taken and camped pangloss. But you are not, so its ok.

Not that I dont love you guys, I do. But you are not our allies.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: aramina.2591

aramina.2591

I just want to say, I’m from Borlis Pass, and Kaineng? Those were some fantastic fights last night in Eternal, I had a huge amount of fun. I was really quite impressed with how you’d defended the Kaineng Overpass, there’s a reason my group of 4 backed off and started building trebuchets.

Aramina Eventide, Engineer
UV, Borlis Pass

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

Obviously, no matter what world you are or how good you are, the other worlds in WvWvW fighting each other is going to affect how everything works out. So in that regard Devona’s Rest did help us by fighting elsewhere while we capped SM.

However saying that you helped us, like you knew what we were planning and your whole server would have agreed with your way of thinking is a little much.

Last night I transferred to Kaineng and joined WvWvW and the first thing I noticed was how organized they could be without bickering like little children. In my last world, I did not want to WvWvW because you would see small groups of 4 or 5 people just wandering around picking off lone players not really helping, and someone in chat would just sit there insulting them…

In Kaineng, they would simply say a place needed help and people went there. If someone didn’t go, they didn’t waste time yelling at them. They may occasionally ask for more help but they weren’t going to start a pointless fight about it.

Also because of this attitude a couple of players REALLY out did themselves fortifying Cliffside, the last stand of Kaineng, last night. With everything else gone, and a massive defense set up, we managed to hold out against both worlds trying to take the tower.

We eventually lost the tower, but not without a fight and a lot of rather amusing LotR quotes about helms deep, Gandalf coming on the third day, and you shall not pass!

tl;dr: Kaineng is what WvWvW should be… organized fun without drama

Well I have posted before that I enjoy the attitude of Kaineng’s players who post here, and there is nothing wrong with being proud of your achievements. My point still stands, DR often bears the brunt of the assaults in EB. We held SM from reset until you guys capped, while under attack from Borliss and Kaineng.. We killed numerous Borliss assaults headed up north into your area before they even got there. These are things that you guys don’t see. So while everyone is patting each other on the back, don’t forget that the enemy of your enemy is often your ally. In EB we are literally a shield that blocks (and wipes) many of the strikes headed your way, whether we like it or not. Remember that we are also small and doing this while holding our own points and assaulting the Big Faction requires a LOT of coordination and effort. Keeping you guys in the fight is in our interest, so do not underestimate our ability to watch your movements , anticipate your actions, or aid you when you don’t even know it is going on. My reply above was to refute the insinuation that DR “goes after a weaker target” when it is simply not true in the organized part of our WvWvW effort.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Show some love you say?

Here’s some love for you.

Last night when the match started, our side deliberately agreed to stay away from DR and focus on Borlis. And we did. Before we knew it, half our map was owned by DR. When we went to take it back, who was there? FIST.

Every. Single. Time.

You guys attacked us all night last night. Every 5 minutes we were losing Pangloss and Speldan. You took Mendos, you took Anzalias. You took Ogrewatch. You tried repeatedly to take Veloka. We took it all back while fighting off Borlis. Not once when I looked at the map did I see a single Borlis keep or tower owned by DR. And we don’t even refer to you guys by server most of the time. We just say “FIST is back in Pangloss again” and everyone knows who we’re talking about. If it wasn’t for fist, our side of the map would be pretty quiet most days.

To be quite honest our side is regularly commenting on what appears to be DR trying to get easy resources instead using any tactical sense and focusing on the larger server with us. There was a big discussion about it last night on Teamspeak, and we’ve made posts on these forums about it in the past. It still goes on.

And last night wasn’t the first time, this has been going on the whole time. All last week when we were fighting NSP we were fighting DR at the same time, most of which was FIST zergs. And I used to play on Devona’s Rest before moving to Kaineng so don’t try to tell me it’s not happening because I used to be right there with you guys going for the easy resources with FIST and PTX instead of trying to take FC’s keeps.

Two nights ago we saw DR trying to make some progress in their borderlands against NSP. We organized about 15 people and went to DR to run interference for an hour, and you guys recaptured a lot of your map. Then we pushed in to NSP Borderlands and took Redlake and Red Water defended it for hours.

And what did you do to return the favor? You went to Kaineng Borderlands and started taking our camps and towers while we were off in Shiverpeaks.

And last night while we were fighting off waves of Borlis at SM? Yep, we were also fighting off waves of DR in the other hallway behind us. Some of you even brought siege golems. We held off both DR and Boris in the Lord’s Room at SM for 2 hours at the same time. Of course we’re going to be proud of that accomplishment. You guys fed us a LOT of badges.

So let’s agree to stop pretending here. DR is everything you claim not to be and more, and FIST is by far the biggest offender.

And no one’s taking it personally. It’s a game, you guys are small, and trying to have fun just like we are. If it’s easier to take keeps from the “weak” server to inflate your score, why not? We get it. But don’t do it and then act like you’re not.

If you’d like to discuss a different strategy, I’m all ears. If you keep coming into Kaineng, then we’ll just call it business as usual.

- Fub

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

gandhigonewild.3645

I was in TS with Fubuki last night during that attack on SM and it was pretty obvious that DR was going for us instead of Borlis Pass. They didn’t conveniently happen to ignore BP’s side of the map…it was an intentional grab at our resources because we have less manpower. Nobody is upset about it because its part of the game, but its still pretty laughable when some DR guilds claim they don’t go after us.

Level 80 Norn Warrior

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Helheimr.2485

Helheimr.2485

The first thing Devona’s Rest did on the reset was zergblob into Kaineng’s borderlands before even securing their own.

Heck, last week on Eternal when we were fighting Northern Shiverpeaks at Ogrewatch, a Devona zerg ran in behind us and capped Pangloss supply camp from the North.

DAWN guild used to be about “go for green” (hitting the bigger server), but we now farm Devona zergs for tons of badges whenever we get the chance as it’s quite apparent that there are players who don’t think strategically in WvW on that server.

Painting with a very wide brush though, I’m sure there’s people/guilds that recognize hitting NSP/Borlis is more important.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

Yeah I dont want to lump all the DR guilds in one basket here, all I will say is that you guys are not all on the same page. Which is fine.

I have no problem with getting ganged up on from time to time. We are Kaineng.

And I also see the strategic sense to try to keep us in last place, instead of focusing on trying to get first place yourself. Thats totally fine.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Splintrr.7391

Splintrr.7391

Last night every 5 minutes there was a 20+ man DR group attacking our pangloss side of the map, and there was at least 10 FIST among them every time, this went on for hours…so of course after the first assault or 2 we strike back into ogres and umberglade etc.

I was one of the biggest “comon, lets leave them alone and go to NSP’s side” guys, but now I’m disillusioned and idgaf anymore.

Feralblood(Guardian) Splintrr(Ranger)
Warsworn [WAR], Dragonbrand
Evermoor Alliance

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

Compliment accepted by FIST. We make a little seem like a whole lot, and every time I hear about a FIST “zerg” it is like I just heard an inside joke. The fact is we show up at most fights with a 2 to 1 disadvantage at least. Simply put, we don’t have time to camp as there are a ton of fights going on all over the map that we are needed at. We are just very coordinated and fast. However, I do not think we are as bad as you make us out to be, and we definitely don’t focus on Kaineng. What you saw was us defending Bravost aggressively. While we were “camping” the ogre camp we were actually fighting you guys on one side and Borlis on the other. From reset until around midnight we owned Borliss camps and towers or were fighting on them with most of our strength so I don’t know when you saw us "never attacking or owning Borliss territory. No one here is pretending that we want you guys to win (over us, obviously we would prefer to see you guys beat the Big Scary Servers), WE want to win, but it is hardly as you described it and my above points still stand. If it was not for FIST you guys would be looking at quite a few other red tags pouring into your zone. Whether you chose to acknowledge it or not. So please refrain from painting us as the evil bogeymen. On guild off peak hours we might have a few peeps just playing WvW randomly, but it doesn’t reflect our attitude and we definitely don’t need to (AND DO NOT) choose a “weaker” target if that is what you wish to portray yourself as. (<——not my opinion, like I said before it is nice to see you guys getting organized and our TS actually talked about your server cap of SM for about 15 minutes, and the general feeling was that of " Good Job Kaineng!" ) Fubuki I address this to you as you are generally the most vocal, mostly fair minded, and FUN member of Kaineng on the forums, and I definitely don’t want to see anything other than a friendly rivalry going on.

(edited by Blrrgh.6908)

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

All that being said above, I do not claim to be speaking for all of DR, just the part of DR that in my opinion sees the value of trying to win, ex. taking out the behemoth servers we get matched against.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Fubuki.7162

Compliment accepted by FIST. We make a little seem like a whole lot, and every time I hear about a FIST “zerg” it is like I just heard an inside joke. The fact is we show up at most fights with a 2 to 1 disadvantage at least. Simply put, we don’t have time to camp as there are a ton of fights going on all over the map that we are needed at. We are just very coordinated and fast. However, I do not think we are as bad as you make us out to be, and we definitely don’t focus on Kaineng. What you saw was us defending Bravost aggressively. While we were “camping” the ogre camp we were actually fighting you guys on one side and Borlis on the other. From reset until around midnight we owned Borliss camps and towers or were fighting on them with most of our strength so I don’t know when you saw us "never attacking or owning Borliss territory. No one here is pretending that we want you guys to win (over us, obviously we would prefer to see you guys beat the Big Scary Servers), WE want to win, but it is hardly as you described it and my above points still stand. If it was not for FIST you guys would be looking at quite a few other red tags pouring into your zone. Whether you chose to acknowledge it or not. So please refrain from painting us as the evil bogeymen. On guild off peak hours we might have a few peeps just playing WvW randomly, but it doesn’t reflect our attitude and we definitely don’t need to (AND DO NOT) choose a “weaker” target if that is what you wish to portray yourself as. (<——not my opinion, like I said before it is nice to see you guys getting organized and our TS actually talked about your server cap of SM for about 15 minutes, and the general feeling was that of " Good Job Kaineng!" ) Fubuki I address this to you as you are generally the most vocal, mostly fair minded, and FUN member of Kaineng on the forums, and I definitely don’t want to see anything other than a friendly rivalry going on.

I have a feeling we’re going to be stuck together for a looong time mate. No hard feelings here. I just want us to be honest about what’s really going on out there. I didn’t come here to complain about FIST. You came here to complain about us having too much fun or something.

It’s just a game man. Nothing personal.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

Last night every 5 minutes there was a 20+ man DR group attacking our pangloss side of the map, and there was at least 10 FIST among them every time, this went on for hours…so of course after the first assault or 2 we strike back into ogres and umberglade etc.

I was one of the biggest “comon, lets leave them alone and go to NSP’s side” guys, but now I’m disillusioned and idgaf anymore.

Umberglade is DR supply section, so us taking it is in our best interest to be able to hold off Borlis or insert 3rd opponent here.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

and then you go up and take pangloss and camp it with ballista.

weee. its a never ending fun cycle!

Although I do think we would of held stonemist if we coulda kept pangloss and ogrewatch. We simply ran out of supply to rebuild destroyed meatgrinders and to repair the gates.

With pangloss camped with ballista we mistakenly diverted too many forces to retake it, which cost us stonemist.

Fact is dr camping pangloss, hurt us bigtime.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Blrrgh.6908

change “camping” to “smartly defending a supply camp”. It is not like we are spawn camping etc. And while we like to see you guys getting organized it is in our best interest to hold SM in order to have a better chance to keep it our of Borlis or insert 3rd servers hands. At this point we are better equpped to 1 v1 with Borlis than you guys are at Stonemist. However if you guys keep growing and improving at the same rate, who knows?

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Ascleph.2147

Ascleph.2147

People are not saying that you shouldnt do it or are mad at you for doing it, they are just saying to not pretend in the forums thats not happening when it has been since forever.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Darth Harrison.8264

Darth Harrison.8264

I know members of FIST have been talking about allying with Kaineg guilds for some time, but to my knowledge there is no current agreement. I would personally like to see some sort of non-aggression pact but even that will address only the guilds that agree to it, unaffiliated players may or may not abide by it. As for last night we got hit hard at Umberglade by Kaineg and afterwards some of us pushed north to take your supply camp in retaliation. I would have preferred pushing on Borliss at that point but we felt like we needed to push north to prevent assaults on Umberglade. In any case, I think FIST would be happy with a truce but we don’t have one as of yet.

Battle for Kaineng

in WvW

Draygo.9473

There is no truce.

The only thing :facepalm: is the claim that DR is ‘helping’ by holding pangloss and cutting supply to stonemist.

Please do not even pretend that is ‘helping’. Also, we would rather not have your help. You are free to choose where you attack, you are free to fight what you want to fight.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]