Because you asked for it...

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

…here are some of the new changes to your favorite powers and classes:

Mesmer

-Moa Morph: Targets transformed by this skill have 5 new and less-frustrating skills, and this skill can also be used underwater to turn enemies into tuna. This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.

-Portal: This skill’s recharge has been increased to 90 seconds.

-Illusionary Duelist, Phantasmal Swordsman, Phantasmal Mage, Phantasmal Defender, Phantasmal Disenchanter, Phantasmal Rogue, Phantasmal Warlock, Illusionary Mariner, Illusionary Whaler, Phantasmal Berserker, and Phantasmal Warden: These skills must now be cast in line-of-sight of the target. These skills now behave as normal attacks that the mesmer must connect in order to summon the phantasm, and they will fail if the mesmer is blind or the ability is cast on an invulnerable target.

Thief

-Dancing Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 50%

-Shadowstep: This skill is temporarily disabled underwater to keep players from circumventing walls when using it.

-Cluster Shot: This skill’s damage is reduced by 15% in PvP.

-Cloak and Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.

Hope this helps some of the confusion of the coming QQ posts in the forums and rage quits of some of the users of said changed characters.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

I’m already missing the phantasmal berserker without a LoS. Also does blind really stop you from throwing out clones/phantasm? because that would be super lame.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

Im kind of glad since this was a ridiculous power to use.. a Mes could target you from distance, run to the wall of a tower and toss illusions up on you then run back. The illusions THEN could sit there and destroy every siege on the wall and players unless you stopped, left your siege then killed it.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Twistdsoul.9504

Twistdsoul.9504

You forgot to add the Warrior nerfs.

Oh wait…..

Twistêd – Mesmer
Sea of Sorrows [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

I just tested Selfless Daring on my guardian and the 50% heal reduction in PvP didn’t effect the heal in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Scorpion Wire range buff is going to be rather OP in WvW.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

pvp is different that wvw. if it says pvp only, its no go in the borderlands

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Bones.5762

I really didn’t think it was so OP that it took that much effort to kill one phantasm, seeing as it’s the mesmer’s ONLY way to attack you from above on a tower really if your far back enough. Also think about it, you would have to leave your siege regardless if an ele was raining meteor shower on you. or you could take it, but if you do there shouldn’t be a complaint for a berserker, unless its a OP mesmer hitting you for 6-8k on a berserker. Seeing as there’s many classes that can just AoE you and your siege anyways.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Raksha.8049

Raksha.8049

Im kind of glad since this was a ridiculous power to use.. a Mes could target you from distance, run to the wall of a tower and toss illusions up on you then run back. The illusions THEN could sit there and destroy every siege on the wall and players unless you stopped, left your siege then killed it.

Right, because no one ever kills Illusions in 1 or 2 hits…….who would ever think of standing there, watching their seige weaponry getting smashed on screaming at the sky because Illuions have taken over….

Godlike Illusions?

in WvW

Bones.5762

also noted, illusions attack only every 15seconds or so i believe unless you have phantasmal haste trait, which lowers it down 20%.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I just tested Selfless Daring on my guardian and the 50% heal reduction in PvP didn’t effect the heal in WvW

pvp means spvp now wvw.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Tryble.6819

Tryble.6819

One thing with the old illusions was that they launched their initial attack fast enough that they can’t be destroyed, even if you’re waiting for them, before they dealt a moderate chunk of damage to the siege they were after. Given enough time they would wreck up whatever siege even if there was someone present trying to protect it.

in WvW

Raksha.8049

also noted, illusions attack only every 15seconds or so i believe unless you have phantasmal haste trait, which lowers it down 20%.

Yep, it is clearly a knee jerk nerf with no data to support the change.

The only people crying about this skill were people who want to do nothing but stand there and defend in safety. The same people who stand in red circles…..

in WvW

Raksha.8049

One thing with the old illusions was that they launched their initial attack fast enough that they can’t be destroyed, even if you’re waiting for them, before they dealt a moderate chunk of damage to the siege they were after. Given enough time they would wreck up whatever siege even if there was someone present trying to protect it.

Because of our bugged trait line (which has been going on for months now) if you had AoE’s going around your seige weapons, our Illusions died instantly.

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

Right, because no one ever kills Illusions in 1 or 2 hits…….who would ever think of standing there, watching their seige weaponry getting smashed on screaming at the sky because Illuions have taken over….

Godlike Illusions?

Those illusions could easily hit siege no other classes aoes could

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

Overall great changes, especially Phantasmal Berserker one. I am a mesmer but that skill was ridiculous without LOS.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in WvW

Bones.5762

do you realize how long it would take for a mesmer to take down sieges alone? This would only be a viable option if there was no defenders at all, yes it’s frustrating but i don’t believe it to be a game changer/breaker. If that one mesmer totally stopped you from winning that current battle because you was short one siege weapon i honestly don’t know what to say.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Raksha.8049

Yep, it is clearly a knee jerk nerf with no data to support the change.

The only people crying about this skill were people who want to do nothing but stand there and defend in safety. The same people who stand in red circles…..

and the first of the ragequitters show themselves.

Where did I say I was rage quitting?

Sorry but no, I am not fussed about the change to LoS, I am getting annoyed with the constant nerfing to other aspects of my class.

The fact however stands as many keep pointing out, most players are simply lazy and want to just stand aloft there tower walls with no competition and AoE safely from above. Most people even stand in circles on walls. Then you have tunnel vison effected players who just ignore illusions instead of killing them.

As a Mesmer, if I ever say an Illusion on our wall, I kill them, 2 hits. Any other class would near one shot them. Kind of a no brainer.

in WvW

Raksha.8049

Godlike Illusions?

The skill has range, not unlimited…..

So if we could cast our illusion on it, which first required a target, that means ground based AoE’s could hit them also.

in WvW

Posted by: Katsumoto.9452

Katsumoto.9452

I didn’t mind the mesmer phantasms without LoS, what I minded was their range didn’t seem to work like other skills. It only seemed to factor in horizontal range, so you could hit stuff far deeper in the tower or whatever than someone just using attacks at the walls.

I think that happened anyway. If they just altered the range to fit like others it’s fine.

Aurora Glade [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Godlike Illusions?

So if we could cast our illusion on it, which first required a target, that means ground based AoE’s could hit them also.

The issue isnt range, it’s line of sight.
Picture this, imagine you are an ele. You know exactly where the arrow cart is, but when you go to cast your spell you can only select the top of the wall. Not ONTOP of the wall, but the top of the wall. This means that unless the arrow cart is within the back half of your AOE circle, which you cant even see (Spoiler: it’s not if they placed it properly) you cant hit it.

This occurs regardless of your distance. Certain placements were completely immune to any ele skill regardless of your proximity to the wall.

Indeed, they were immune to any skill that required line of sight to hit the target. Of course, mesmer phantasms were not affected by line of sight. Meaning that mesmers, were basically the only class that could hit defensive siege that was placed properly. Clearly imbalanced, perhaps not from an offense vs defense standpoint, but more from a class standpoint. If 1 class can do something that no other class can, and it’s not billed as a class feature, then there’s imbalance.
The same

in WvW

Raksha.8049

Godlike Illusions?

Picture this, imagine you are an ele. You know exactly where the arrow cart is, but when you go to cast your spell you can only select the top of the wall. Not ONTOP of the wall, but the top of the wall. This means that unless the arrow cart is within the back half of your AOE circle, which you cant even see (Spoiler: it’s not if they placed it properly) you cant hit it.

This occurs regardless of your distance. Certain placements were completely immune to any ele skill regardless of your proximity to the wall.

Indeed, they were immune to any skill that required line of sight to hit the target. Of course, mesmer phantasms were not affected by line of sight. Meaning that mesmers, were basically the only class that could hit defensive siege that was placed properly. Clearly imbalanced, perhaps not from an offense vs defense standpoint, but more from a class standpoint. If 1 class can do something that no other class can, and it’s not billed as a class feature, then there’s imbalance.
The same

Again, just because we could cast it ontop of a wall didn;t mean it automatically ignored its range mechanic.

I could stand at the bottom of a wall, target someone, they run back and I cast it and nothing, why? Out of range.

iZerker was considered a Ground based AoE. It could only apply its damage to anyone within the vicinity of the target area. Therefor, like ALL other ground based AoE’s, should of not required LoS.

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

[quote=748295;Zenyatoo.4059:]

in WvW

Posted by: Ordibble.3092

Ordibble.3092

The same

It’s funny you mention this, because doesn’t the ele meteor shower (and some ranger skill?) not take vertical range into account? By this I mean it can hit targets that were outside of my 1200 iBerserker vertical range. So using your logic that mesmers should not be able to hit defensive siege that others can’t, should meteor shower also be nerfed because it can hit siege others can’t because it doesn’t obey a vertical range of 1200? Let’s QQ to nerf meteor shower because it is an anomaly.

in WvW

Cover Girl.2580

It got changed so it was clearly not wai

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Thief

-Dancing Dagger: This skill’s damage has been reduced by 50%

This is a huge nerf for thieves who actually used Dancing Dagger, most of the other changes do not affect WvW (since they’re PvP only). However, this wasn’t generally a skill used by annoying permastealth thieves or instakill glass cannon thieves, so neither of the perceived “issues” with the profession were altered. If anything, there will be more of the bursty or stealth thieves of the type the WvW community dislikes due to the weakening of the more control-oriented builds.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

The same

It’s funny you mention this, because doesn’t the ele meteor shower (and some ranger skill?) not take vertical range into account? By this I mean it can hit targets that were outside of my 1200 iBerserker vertical range. So using your logic that mesmers should not be able to hit defensive siege that others can’t, should meteor shower also be nerfed because it can hit siege others can’t because it doesn’t obey a vertical range of 1200? Let’s QQ to nerf meteor shower because it is an anomaly.

Ranger barrage and meteor shower do have vertical limits. Just try and get an ele / ranger to AOE trebs on the Garrison cliff hitting west keep, or trebs at south west tower hitting west keep. Plenty more examples but these are the simple ones that everyone always encounters.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

“This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.”
OMG why? The only necro skill i’m relying on survival apart from being low damage got nerf to Mesmer skill. Now I gotta run whenever I spot Mesmer.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Bones.5762

“This skill now removes Death Shroud from the target instead of the necromancer being stuck in Death Shroud.”
OMG why? The only necro skill i’m relying on survival apart from being low damage got nerf to Mesmer skill. Now I gotta run whenever I spot Mesmer.

It’s hard to say, for another elite to be able to topple another elite skill so easily is unbalanced. I personally hate the MOA elite, and would like it replaced with an AOE elite of some kind.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Soba.3041

Soba.3041

Aquaman…more commonly known as Rangers… had Splinter Shot boosted 150%. Stay out of the water!

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

The same

Nope, MS and barrage have their own ranges that they cant ignore (which, AFAIK is actually the exact same one as Izerker. So yeah, if I can hit it with meteor shower, you can probably hit it with Izerker, which is (imo) how it should be. Rather than what it used to be, which was, if I could hit it, so could you, but you could hit things I couldnt.

Im glad Anet is finally getting around to actually putting the classes on even fields when it comes to what they can/cannot do.

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

The big difference though is that mesmer izerkers can be destroyed very easily, thus the damage is interrupted, whearas the meteor shower cannot once it’s been cast.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Wrong, due to the fact Mesmer’s only had to “target” not have Line of Sight.
So a Mesmer could hit siege set on the inside off from walls as long as they had a target. All others would need LoS to hit something set outside of AoE ranges.

Ctrl+T by someone in party, run up cast illusion, run back. I destroyed a lot of siege on my mesmer that way.

@Ordibble.3092,
Meteor Shower has a limit on range, Horizontally, and vertically.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Mishi.7058)

in WvW

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

Problem is all that ground targeted AoE can be put on the corner/lip of the wall and shill hit everything up on top of the wall with the traited extra radius. The way LoS works, it’s next to impossible to hit anything up on the wall unless you have a projectile that arcs (hint, illusions don’t arc) or they are dump enough to clim on top of the little stop that prevents them from being dragged off…

Across all weapons, the skills that Mesmers can now use to hit and damage targets on walls are:

- Chaos Storm
- Mind Stab

Super balanced.

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

*Thieves. *
They got some nerfs and more buffs. Yes, we indeed asked for this.
And stealth capping is still an issue, but hey – why change when everybody love it anyway?

in WvW

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

I’m a mesmer/engineer/warrior myself and I’m happy with the changes.
I was afraid for big time nerfs, glad it isnt the case.

I just hope the next patch will be bug fixes only, not balancing.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Necromancers were stiffed on the FUNCTIONAL +Healing again. A bit sad tbh. I love my transfusion as it is, if ONLY it would work as intended.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse