Been gone for 4 months

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I deleted my previous reply, since I thought it was a rushed comment.
Many PvP alliances/communities/guilds are just waiting to jump the boat. Many already left. I do not see signs of a reverted trend, so this exodus will likely continue.
I don’t say this to whine and stomp my feet on the ground hoping for a sudden change the next morning, I say it because I like the game’s concept of WvW a lot and none of the friends I was playing before online(when the game launched) is still in the game, so I hope for consistent changes in time (not in ages though). I would love to go back and play GW2 with my (many) friends and avoid moving to other games to enjoy time together, that’s all. If EU and NA collapse I do not see honestly any hope in other markets. I could be wrong.

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Steve Olson.5613

Steve Olson.5613

Yeah, with PvE casuals will keep the game alive for years. GW2 will be a haven for all those unskilled drooling idiots to get a sense of accomplishment, and will be where I tell bad players in my future games to go.

If elitists players leave and are replaced with more respecting “casuals”, then it’s all for the better.

Goodbye.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Dragonar.1342

Dragonar.1342

You guys take this way too serious.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Sadly this game is controlled by NCSoft and that is why the PvP aspect of the game is so neglected, As long as they own the rights to this game PVE and gem store will dominate how this game progresses.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

@stark and @obscure I laughed out loud in my car at both your posts. Thanks for the sitting in brutal traffic laugh lol. So great.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

For many, wvw is a time sink until ESO and Unchained are out.

ESO announced a $15 monthly sub. It better be unbelievably great to charge a sub in this market space.

If they charge me $15/month rather then me spending the equiv in the gemstore all the apologists that think its ok to treat us like garbage because we are not paying a sub will have to find another excuse..

Pretty much this and I’d much rather pay 15/month and not have a game designed around compelling players to make macro transactions in some online store. Such design features are quite obvious and takes from the game’s quality.

Because there is a sub in a f2p market, they are compelled now to make it worth playing or else they will simply lose the players back to the f2p games.

If your choices are to play a bad game for 15/month or play a bad game for free/month, chances are you’ll pick the f2p.

While there is only 1.3M likes on the ESO facebook page before it has even been released, they had over 3 million sign up for beta.

As far as GW2’s 3 million in 9 months go…

Attachments:

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

How many people do you think would still be playing PVE in this game if PVE had the same attention, rewards and updates WvWvW has had? The answer is not kittening many.

I think most peoples sense of frustration with WvWvW actually stems from how close they came to getting something that worked for the majority of the people that wanted to have real RvRvR.

While we all hoped for improvements that mattered all we got was PVE in WvWvW (siegerazers), buffed up siege for carebears, stupid WXP with pointless rank/abilities and (even after improvement to it) crap rewards. And we lost the orbs.

It really says something about the game that when content that is released that is MIND NUMBINGLY boring such as chasing round different zones killing the same mobs for hours is enough to virtually empty WvWvW.

WvWvW guilds are drifting away. Even on SoR try and find a commander in WvW, you might be lucky if there is one on a map these days. Go to an event you can see 15-20 in line of sight without opening the map. Good commanders who led WvWvW leave the game faster and faster.

I am just as frustrated as everyone else, I’m tired of the same two maps, I’m tired of the carebear 3 button siege mentality and the karma train that never stops and certainly never fights. I’m tired of 2 rare drops and 1 exotic in WvWvW in 12 months versus more loot than I can carry in living world events (3 exotics and 5 rares in an hour in one memorable session). I’m tired of people ressing off Moas and other crap NPCs, tired of the downed mechanic, tired of Arena Net thinking that the crap they release for WXP ranks actually matters to anyone. And finally I’m jealous of PVE, though I rarely play it, who make me feel like an acne ridden red headed step child who they feel it is enough to hand a stale cookie to once in a blue moon.

Still, ESO isn’t far away. I’ll happily pay them the $15 a month instead of the stupid amounts of money I’ve spent in the gem store in orderto feel like I’m not some second class citizen to the guys who ran CoF to the ground or grind every day in some living world playground.

So Devon I thank you for that, truly – thanks for saving me from spending $80 – $300 a month on your game. You know where I’ll be and what you might need to do in order to get the people like me back. And if it turns out you don’t care, well then I guess we will both be happy

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Wait the wxp abilities aren’t useful????

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I want to quote this whole thing because it is all true.

+1.

Every time Anet says “WvW has more people than ever!” I desperately want to see those numbers, and how they break down.

The game mode is dying…

http://youtu.be/aJvYZXUT5Bk

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Your frustrations aside, a lot of the commentary on this thread reeks of ADD, baby powder and diapers. Back in my day and age whining wasn’t something grown folks did and a lot of this feedback is exactly that. Learn to critique, save the tears for the Mohave.

We live in a different age now: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

such hyperbole and so little respect….

zi world is burning in the light of a thousand suns, zi servers are crying out in pain and suffering, kharak is burrrrrning, we are DYIINGGGG, save USSSS, Devon why for thou forsaken me! What did I do to deserve this fated experiencessss!

Learn to critique.. half of you haven’t worked a day in your life much less in corporate organized development. Maybe you are missing something, maybe not…either way critiques minus the hyper drama is appreciated.

I often picture the AN water cooler and sometimes I would like to think Devon, Allie, Jon Sharpe walk in the morning share a laugh together and say …

“Well, it’s another day at the office…I wonder which one of us will have to walk the Green Mile today. Oh lets see who the zerg is rabid for.. oh look its you Devon!! I sure bet you wish there was rum in this water cooler now don’t you? Don’t YOU? Good thing the support group is part of our retirement package and kitten good thing we took that customer relations training because now we can hold back what we really feel about the forum zerg hive mind. Too bad we didn’t take the same training as Jon Smith we could tell them how we really feel without telling them how we really feel. Oh well off to work! "

equips smile and customer service voice

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

^

Been gone for around 4 months and STILL no new map or drastic changes? at least that I’m aware of?

Well performance of the game is better.

But now whenever I enter combat I have conditions running off my screen. I have confusion applied and reapplied faster than I can cleanse it or have it cleansed by others. Seems like a turn for the worse to me.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

saiyr.3071

<snip>

Learn to critique.. half of you haven’t worked a day in your life much less in corporate organized development. Maybe you are missing something, maybe not…either way critiques minus the hyper drama is appreciated.

Age commentary is a sure sign of maturity and respect :-)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

zi world is burning in the light of a thousand suns, zi servers are crying out in pain and suffering, kharak is burrrrrning, we are DYIINGGGG, save USSSS, Devon why for thou forsaken me! What did I do to deserve this fated experiencessss!

Oh look, a Bootstraps Apologist draws near.

I have given critique and suggestions. Feel free to read it, or not. Nice straw man.

edit: I know exactly what I am doing. Do you?

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

the point….has been missed. If you aren’t acting like a child in your response and are critiquing with respect in mind why would I have a problem with you or you with me? Re-read.

And your assumptions call out your lack of attention or comprehension on my post, i’m not sure which. I have issues with WvW just as anyone else does.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

And your assumptions call out your lack of attention or comprehension on my post, i’m not sure which. I have issues with WvW just as anyone else does.

You’re the one mocking the homeworld clip so I assume your post was referring to my post, in which, I linked a homeworld video. Apologies if this assumption or comprehension is incorrect for your version of reality.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

I am actually referring to you at least in part when I refer on the dramatics. My point is i’m not apologizing for AN.

The entire comment was not dedicated to you although.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Deamhan.9538

Your frustrations aside, a lot of the commentary on this thread reeks of ADD, baby powder and diapers. Back in my day and age whining wasn’t something grown folks did and a lot of this feedback is exactly that. Learn to critique, save the tears for the Mohave.

We live in a different age now: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

I don’t support the actions but…

Treat a person like an animal long enough and they start to act like an animal.

I think many people are beginning to feel as though they are being cheated. That they are being ignored. That they are being taken advantage of. They raise their issues and are getting ignored. They put too much of their emotions in their concerns before passing them onto the company and get suspended or banned instead of listened to and acknowledged. So it really comes as no surprise to me.

Many of the threats are probably just empty threats but you never know when you’ll make that one person, who has nothing in their lives but the game, snap and I imagine that online gaming has more of those type of people than any other media type out there (magazines, movies, even comic books).

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I am actually referring to you at least in part when I refer on the dramatics. My point is i’m not apologizing for AN.

The entire comment was not dedicated to you although.

Oh. Good for you. Do you have a particular critique or suggestion you’ve made to Anet that I can read? You see, I am at work, and rather bored and I would love to engage in some constructive adult talk in a calm and orderly fashion.

Perhaps Devon will be so tickled by our timely thoughts and requests that he will have a conversation in which he manages to procure more labor for expanding WvW in a delightful and meaningful manner.

<laugh>

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Really? You are treating like animals by AN? Are you really sure of that statement or do you think there is a little bit of over the top sprinkled on that doughnut?

What they have done or have not done has never come or not come with an edge of disrespect for this community why do we have to fabricate a reason to be disrespectful? We are simply not happy at the state of the game, we are not happy with the pace of the state change.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Oh. Good for you. Do you have a particular critique or suggestion you’ve made to Anet that I can read?

You should leave the bait for the fish that are in season.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Deamhan.9538

Really? You are treating like animals by AN? Are you really sure of that statement or do you think there is a little bit of over the top sprinkled on that doughnut?

What they have done or have not done has never come or not come with an edge of disrespect for this community why do we have to fabricate a reason to be disrespectful? We are simply not happy at the state of the game, we are not happy with the pace of the state change.

I was “generally speaking” for one. ANet, CCP, Blizzard, etc. etc.

As it for “being over the top”, did you just stop reading there? Did you read the following paragraph? Much of what’s there, I’m quite sure has happened. Not just by ANet, not just to me (actually I’ve never been in any of those situations personally), and not necessarily all of those things at one time.

You take something someone is passionate about, make it the only thing they have in their life, and throw in the feeling hopelessness, the feeling that they don’t matter, have no say and the people that can help refuse to (so the feeling of helplessness) to resolve an issue they feel to be very important (whether it really is important or not is irrelevant, it feels important to them), and well you have a volatile mixture.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Ok this discussion is now dumb. Point is,

Downed state is the worst mechanic of all time in mmos. Up there with stealth, burst, stealth rotation.

Aoe cap is for keeping carebear paying customers so guilds like mine wouldn’t wallop them Everytime they came out to pvp.

And lastly, Devon and his band of wvw designers making this game catered to starter mmoers and making it as easy to accumulate wxp as it is to play hello kitty island.

The wvw community is jumping ship for games a year or two away already…. No life jacket, no row boat, just “I’d rather chance the water than stay on board”

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Most of us spent 8 months respectfully commenting … all to no avail. Those of us still here “whining” are the ones who still give a crap, and even if we’ve progressed from being unhappy to being kittened ANet should be kitten happy we haven’t left yet.

And for the record, I can practically guarantee that I am older than you … I’m just not such a wuss.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

saiyr.3071

<snip>

Age commentary is a sure sign of maturity and respect :-)

In case you missed the subtle inference, I DON’T HAVE ANY RESPECT for people acting under age or people of age acting like sub humans. Being OF age I learn that respect is what you give to the respectful and not because someone has a God given right.

Guess that’s what separates you from ANet :-)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

Learn to critique.. half of you haven’t worked a day in your life much less in corporate organized development. Maybe you are missing something, maybe not…either way critiques minus the hyper drama is appreciated

I’ve worked for three blue-chip FTSE100 companies for a combined total of about 14 years until 13 years ago I launched (and still run) a successful software and web development business. I’d be happy to send you my Linkedin profile anytime you like. I understand the software development cycle and the difficult decisions that need to be made on any project better than most.

“Critique” never gets anywhere in a game forum, drama always wins. Learn to forum, the squeeky wheel always gets the grease

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

You take something someone is passionate about, make it the only thing they have in their life, and throw in the feeling hopelessness, the feeling that they don’t matter, have no say and the people that can help refuse to (so the feeling of helplessness) to resolve an issue they feel to be very important (whether it really is important or not is irrelevant, it feels important to them), and well you have a volatile mixture.

No one has refused us change in WvW, not one AN rep has. I challenge you to find me a post of this nature and prove to me this has occurred as opposed to the issue being the rate of change we want or expect. Please.

While I understand you are trying to impart what other people feel hyperbole does not make reality bend, should not empower people to make incorrect comments and breath them in for the mindless pampers mob to wear that diaper like a coat of armor. As a community we should be moderating ourselves in my opinion to have a better standard that other communities do not and up until a while ago we did have.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

(edited by souless.1935)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Seriously? Petty jabs a maturity? Really? Way to be be childish about being childish… I can’t even believe I’m actually acknowledging you trolls…don’t you have a porch rocker to go sit in and whine about the teen boys wearing tight pants and listening to Justin Bieber?

Developer makes assurances
Consumer believes developer
Developer sells product on the basis of assurances
Consumer buys product on the basis of assurances
Developer fails to deliver on the assurances
Consumer asks for the developer to hold to their word
Developer consistently prioritizes other consumers
Consumer becomes angry and complains

Even a child can recognize when they’re being neglected, and even they act out; it’s a base reflex. Adults exhibit identical root behaviors, we just do so differently. Mommy and Daddy not paying any attention to the kid? Kid goes into the garage with a book of matches looking for stuff to burn. Mommy not paying any attention to Daddy? Daddy finds someone else to call him Daddy.

It’s really a simple concept…but hey I guess not everyone passed Psych 101…

I’m not from some bull!#$ "old school" filled with holier than thou jack#$%es. I'm from the real world in which when you say your going to do something you !#$ing do it. You don’t drag your feet, you don’t recant later, you !@#$ing do it. If you don’t do it you deserve everything that anyone who you did wrong by feels you should get, because you brought it on yourself.

I’d expect no less at my job, and they should expect no less at theirs.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Deamhan.9538

While I understand you are trying to impart what other people feel hyperbole does not make reality bend, should not empower people to make incorrect comments and breath them in for the mindless pampers mob to wear that diaper like a coat of armor. As a community we should be moderating ourselves in my opinion to have a better standard that other communities do not and up until a while ago we did have.

So the people that are talked about in the above link, the ones making the threats, you don’t think they are doing it because they feel they have been wronged by those they make the threats to? That they are just doing it for kicks?

Well said Obscure.

(edited by Deamhan.9538)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

So the people that are talked about in the above link, the ones making the threats, you don’t think they are doing it because they feel they have been wronged by those they make the threats to? That they are just doing it for kicks?

Well said Obscure.

No I think no one can point to a comment where AN has said they are refusing to do anything for us. I think no one can point to a comment where Devon or ANY member of AN team has been disrespectful. I think no one should be disrespectful in kind when they have paid us no such disservice and you can be angry and voice your opinions all you want without being so base as to try and justify your right to be ignorant and rude as it if one exists. Many people have in this forum and I have nothing but love for them.

It takes much less effort to form a coherent thought then to be dramatic, so if they do it for any reason I believe they put the effort into the attention they would get by being a clown show.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Sounds like the changes to the krait areas of the borderland maps and maybe the orb replacement mechanic. Don’t get your hopes up for new maps.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I think no one can point to a comment where Devon or ANY member of AN team has been disrespectful.

There are some big things we will be talking about in the next few weeks that should hopefully help you to understand what we’ve been working on. If that doesn’t satisfy you, well… “I’ve got a ball, perhaps you would like to bounce it.”

Now, context means everything. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0701162/quotes

This is from the American cartoon The Simpsons. In this episode Lisa meets a new pretty girl that is in all respects her intellectual superior. Lisa, for much of the episode is portrayed as someone playing catch up to retain her status at Springfield Elementary. In the following scene Lisa meets Alison’s father.

Professor Taylor: Hi Lisa. I’m Alison’s father, Professor Taylor. I’ve heard great things about you.

Lisa: Oh really? I…

Professor Taylor: Oh, don’t be modest. I’m glad we have someone who can join us in our anagram game.

Alison Taylor: We take proper names and rearrange the letters to form a description of that person.

Professor Taylor: Like, er… oh, I don’t know, uh… Alec Guinness.

Alison Taylor: [thinking] Genuine class.

Professor Taylor: Ho ho, very good. Alright Lisa, um… Jeremy Irons.

Lisa: [looks worried] Jeremy’s… iron.

Professor Taylor: Mm hmm, well, that’s… very good… for a first try. You know what? I have a ball. Perhaps you’d like to bounce it?

In the above quote Professor Taylor is being dismissive of Lisa, her intelligence, and her desire to be seen as an equal. How can I not make a comparison?

Going back to the quote Devon recently made:

There are some big things we will be talking about in the next few weeks that should hopefully help you to understand what we’ve been working on. If that doesn’t satisfy you, well… “I’ve got a ball, perhaps you would like to bounce it.”

Devon is assuming in some part, the role of “Professor Taylor”. He states that changes are coming to WvW and that if we (the WvW community) are not satisfied, that he feels that he can be dismissive of any outstanding complaints. [Professor Taylor giving Lisa the ball].

I suppose this is reaching though. After all, it requires context.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

I suppose this is reaching though. After all, it requires context.

Go Go Gadget arms

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

No I think no one can point to a comment where AN has said they are refusing to do anything for us.

You’re right. They just lied in the beginning and haven’t brought it up again…because they know, that we know, that they messed up.

I think no one can point to a comment where Devon or ANY member of AN team has been disrespectful.

Bold faced lying about a product’s design is disrespectful. Would you like me to compose a list and set of links to indicate the great many lies? I believe I actually have quite of few of them in my history on guru forums, it wouldn’t take to much time.

I think no one should be disrespectful in kind when they have paid us no such disservice and you can be angry and voice your opinions all you want without being so base as to try and justify your right to be ignorant and rude as it if one exists.

Seems as though you’re the one who’s ignorant of the facts. I rode the hype train for two years hunting down even the most minute nuggets of information even if they were written in German (Google Translate FTW). I could bring you up to speed, but to put it simply, Arena Net failed to achieve their intended design, and instead of fixing the myriad of problems they chose to just ignore them and push out biweekly piles of unchallenging nonsense so even the idiots could watch bars fill up and get shiny things.

It takes much less effort to form a coherent thought then to be dramatic, so if they do it for any reason I believe they put the effort into the attention they would get by being a clown show.

You say dramatic, I say being honest. Not everyone expresses them-self with elevated diction. More often than not I just use a few select four letter words to get my point across, so consider this the most civilized and coherent form of complaint structure.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Go Go Gadget arms

Good job? No retort? A reference to an 80s cartoon? /shrug

What do you think Devon mean’t in referencing this scene in particular? I would love to hear any real input from you.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

HEY NOW GUYS

They fixed zerging in WvW by introducing 24/7 PvE zerg!

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: ajhak.9716

ajhak.9716

Why are there still so many pve aspects on all the maps.

Why shouldn’t there be?

because they are annoying and slow us down? …..

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Seems as though you’re the one who’s ignorant of the facts. I rode the hype train for two years hunting down even the most minute nuggets of information even if they were written in German (Google Translate FTW). I could bring you up to speed, but to put it simply, Arena Net failed to achieve their intended design, and instead of fixing the myriad of problems they chose to just ignore them and push out biweekly piles of unchallenging nonsense so even the idiots could watch bars fill up and get shiny things.

You say dramatic, I say being honest. Not everyone expresses them-self with elevated diction. More often than not I just use a few select four letter words to get my point across, so consider this the most civilized and coherent form of complaint structure.

I have been around since GW1 beta’s and I have had design decisions changed on me from even back then. While I don’t like it, I never have and don’t need you to educate me on what is missing from the game especially since I am a GW1 beta player and if anyone had the script flipped it is us YET I can still express my grievances with some civility civility civility civility….if you think that requires elevated diction….Jesus HP Christ I don’t know what to say to you but maybe it just requires your mothers and a belt.

For all you people who are in denial about the way you act on these forums, there is a reddit post pointing to this very thread and almost every single comment is about how toxic you are and why people stay away from these forums in particular and prefer alternate sites for the guild wars community we have in addition to agreeing with you and the complaints you express so poorly. Get your Tassimo’s out and wake up, you are the vocal minority.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

(edited by souless.1935)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Go Go Gadget arms

Good job? No retort? A reference to an 80s cartoon? /shrug

What do you think Devon mean’t in referencing this scene in particular? I would love to hear any real input from you.

So you dig up Lisa Simpson and complain about my Inspector Gadget? My input is to agree with you, you are stretching in a very obvious way.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Devon referenced the Simpsons. I pulled up context to that reference. You just quoted a bad cartoon.

For all you people who are in denial about the way you act on these forums, there is a reddit post pointing to this very thread and almost every single comment is about how toxic you are and why people stay away from these forums in particular and prefer alternate sites for the guild wars community we have in addition to agreeing with you and the complaints you express so poorly. Get your Tassimo’s out and wake up, you are the vocal minority.

So which is it? Reddit agrees with our complaints or we’re the vocal minority?

Also lol reddit? Seriously? That place is 4chan with a condom on and that is about it.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Its both, Reddit agrees with our complaints and can form a coherent respectful argument/thought about it like the majority of civilized people can. You folks that animal kingdom out are the minority. Rejoin society.

Heck read some of the other people complaining about the way you folks act in this very thread.

edit: and when ‘4chan’ thinks you are toxic don’t you REALLY think its time to reflect?

GW1/GW2 Beta player

(edited by souless.1935)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Well they too can go read my constitutive feedback. My post history is right there for anyone to click.

And I have put a lot of effort into constructive posting. Not that it ever garnered a response. Guess which posts of mine gained a response? Yeah. The animals are upset. Deal with it.

Maybe they have a moderator position available for you Souless.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Well I think in the livestream they’ll introduce the new Devon Mastery trait line.
Tier 1: Devon removes Quaggan from WvW.
Tier 2 Unlocks 1 guaranteed Devon post per day.
Tier 3: Devon posts are -30% less vague.
Tier 4: Unlocks an additional Devon post per day.
Tier 5: Unlocks a spontaneous visitation of Devon’s desk at Bellevue, with the option to go drink a beer together after work.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Well thank you for your constructive criticism, I will mourn for the integrity you had that once produced them.

Anyhoo, God willing …. the live stream and animal control use the same ip address.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Urrid.4593

Anyhoo, God willing …. the live stream and animal control use the same ip address.

You only make sense about half the time.

It is pretty simple. Deliver and the negative posting goes away. Devon has yet to deliver. WxP is regarded mostly as broken siege toys and not something to really move the game mode forward. It’s been 5 months.

Also is this the reddit thread you’re so upset about? Hi reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1kvjji/devon_on_new_wvw_map_watch_this_fridays/

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

souless.1935

Upset?¿ That’s the one I suggest you read to give you some context on how to act and some perspective on why I think it’s disgusting in here.

GW1/GW2 Beta player

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

Upset?¿ That’s the one I suggest you read to give you some context on how to act and some perspective on why I think it’s disgusting in here.

Disgusting? Most of us have been giving ideas/complains/suggestion with high manners since BW3, and even though a lot of people agree with it, did they do anything with it? No, Anet kitten it up even worst.

All due respect culling is the only right move that is made by Anet, other than that all of them are killing wvw. I don’t mind this “disgusting” comment that you see, we love the game hence why we are trying a different approach since the “highly manner” one are being thrown aside by EZNET w/o them even looking at it.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Its both, Reddit agrees with our complaints and can form a coherent respectful argument/thought about it like the majority of civilized people can. You folks that animal kingdom out are the minority. Rejoin society.

Heck read some of the other people complaining about the way you folks act in this very thread.

edit: and when ‘4chan’ thinks you are toxic don’t you REALLY think its time to reflect?

Nobody with an interest in challenging gameplay cares about what gw2 redditers say.

They are a bunch of care bears with little to no criticism of Anet. Just check their posts. Between their anime smileys and oo I look pretty in dis and dat, the posts is useless for serious gameplay discussions. Only for updates on pve content/ prettiest asura competitions.

No serious gamers or pvpers take them seriously.

Even the creator of reddit admits that it caters to the hive mind and care bears due to the censoring and monitoring.

I’m not surprised that some here take reddit as an example for a good gaming community. A PVE placid one, yes. Not everyone is a blind sheep content with boring pve content.

Care bears are the minority on the actual gaming forums where people are -admirably- not heavily edited for voicing their concerns.

I’m sure in reddit -lala land- care bears/ bad pvers/ farmers are the majority.

(edited by XII.9401)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

How many people do you think would still be playing PVE in this game if PVE had the same attention, rewards and updates WvWvW has had? The answer is not kittening many.

I think most peoples sense of frustration with WvWvW actually stems from how close they came to getting something that worked for the majority of the people that wanted to have real RvRvR.

While we all hoped for improvements that mattered all we got was PVE in WvWvW (siegerazers), buffed up siege for carebears, stupid WXP with pointless rank/abilities and (even after improvement to it) crap rewards. And we lost the orbs.

It really says something about the game that when content that is released that is MIND NUMBINGLY boring such as chasing round different zones killing the same mobs for hours is enough to virtually empty WvWvW.

WvWvW guilds are drifting away. Even on SoR try and find a commander in WvW, you might be lucky if there is one on a map these days. Go to an event you can see 15-20 in line of sight without opening the map. Good commanders who led WvWvW leave the game faster and faster.

I am just as frustrated as everyone else, I’m tired of the same two maps, I’m tired of the carebear 3 button siege mentality and the karma train that never stops and certainly never fights. I’m tired of 2 rare drops and 1 exotic in WvWvW in 12 months versus more loot than I can carry in living world events (3 exotics and 5 rares in an hour in one memorable session). I’m tired of people ressing off Moas and other crap NPCs, tired of the downed mechanic, tired of Arena Net thinking that the crap they release for WXP ranks actually matters to anyone. And finally I’m jealous of PVE, though I rarely play it, who make me feel like an acne ridden red headed step child who they feel it is enough to hand a stale cookie to once in a blue moon.

Still, ESO isn’t far away. I’ll happily pay them the $15 a month instead of the stupid amounts of money I’ve spent in the gem store in orderto feel like I’m not some second class citizen to the guys who ran CoF to the ground or grind every day in some living world playground.

So Devon I thank you for that, truly – thanks for saving me from spending $80 – $300 a month on your game. You know where I’ll be and what you might need to do in order to get the people like me back. And if it turns out you don’t care, well then I guess we will both be happy

Well said.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Please have my babies, I’m in love with you.