Been gone for 4 months

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Hey guys,

Devon mentioned a livetream today regarding upcoming wvw changes. Does anyone know where and when this livestream is going to happen? A link maybe?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: iAmTheDuke.6201

iAmTheDuke.6201

Hey guys,

Devon mentioned a livetream today regarding upcoming wvw changes. Does anyone know where and when this livestream is going to happen? A link maybe?

Believe its 12pm PST
Dont have the link but im pretty sure its on twitch

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Hey guys,

just did a quick search and found this: http://www.guildwars2live.com/

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

While I believe the point has been made, thank you Obscure, I would like to add that any lack of them out right stating that they won’t help someone doesn’t automatically exclude the fact of it happening.

We talking about people perceptions here and is not to be confused with actuality. A fine example would be reporting somebody of hacking. I know people who has recorded their game play and caught a very obvious speed hacker. They submitted the evidence to ANet. This was way back before the rotating match ups and faced the same two servers week after week. We continued to see this person week after week still playing and still using the speed hack. In addition to that, there was no personal response from ANet.

Something like this, you won’t find on the forums. Now if they took it further and came to the forums with it because they didn’t get anywhere through the proper channel, then quite often their thread will be locked (at the very least) with the moderator note telling them to follow the proper channel. If they let their frustration get the better of them, then chances are the thread gets deleted and they get infracted or worse. I have not only witnessed this (I think once on this game months ago but definitely on other games) but I have had this happen to me with a different company/game.

So sorry Brainless, but I’m not going to waste my time with digging through posts. Not on this forum and definitely not on other forums. As I said, they don’t typically make the threats just for the fun of it. They will do it because they feel wronged and they won’t feel that way for no reason.

Edit: Sorry, I could’ve swore that your name was brainless and not souless.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

Seems as though you’re the one who’s ignorant of the facts. I rode the hype train for two years hunting down even the most minute nuggets of information even if they were written in German (Google Translate FTW). I could bring you up to speed, but to put it simply, Arena Net failed to achieve their intended design, and instead of fixing the myriad of problems they chose to just ignore them and push out biweekly piles of unchallenging nonsense so even the idiots could watch bars fill up and get shiny things.

You say dramatic, I say being honest. Not everyone expresses them-self with elevated diction. More often than not I just use a few select four letter words to get my point across, so consider this the most civilized and coherent form of complaint structure.

I have been around since GW1 beta’s and I have had design decisions changed on me from even back then. While I don’t like it, I never have and don’t need you to educate me on what is missing from the game especially since I am a GW1 beta player and if anyone had the script flipped it is us YET I can still express my grievances with some civility civility civility civility….if you think that requires elevated diction….Jesus HP Christ I don’t know what to say to you but maybe it just requires your mothers and a belt.

For all you people who are in denial about the way you act on these forums, there is a reddit post pointing to this very thread and almost every single comment is about how toxic you are and why people stay away from these forums in particular and prefer alternate sites for the guild wars community we have in addition to agreeing with you and the complaints you express so poorly. Get your Tassimo’s out and wake up, you are the vocal minority.

You honestly believe sitting at your computer for one second that typing this “read reddit, those guys dont like you so self reflect and repent” is going to make me like the kitten pvp platform wvw is?

You think your little “self reflect children” and “ive been around since GW1 Beta” talk is gonna make any of us more susceptible to what you have to say?

Buddy, alot of us have “been around” since daoc, UO, hell even EQ….please dont act like your swinging anything big by tossing out GW1. GW2 is a joke. It is like Anet PAID their customers to come play. And they hunted “just like every other mmo” all the 80% carebears out there because they pay the bills….

THERE IS ZERO COMPETITION IN GW2. ZERO. Couldnt be less.

The carebears are now trying to GvG. LOL I bet 95% of those players for the past year were zerging. Their bored because there’s been no new content so FINALLY they wanna pvp. LOL we came into the game a year ago with the mentality of only fighting players. 8 year olds can take towers, sentries, and sit on AC’s and Trebs….and yet for the past year I’ve watched adults brag about that. Please dont try and have me “self reflect” my bitterness towards hello kitty island.

PAXA -GM

(edited by Jscull.2514)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Feel what you want. Complain about what you want.

Just do it with some class and respect.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

The feelings of frustration are most definately NOT unanimous.

In every single game that I have played, once the dev’s started listening to advice from players as their sole direction of development the game went downhill. I know some of you will not read past that sentence and misinterpret it as an advocate to ignore feedback, which it is not, it is simply a fact that best games tend to take feedback into consideration and then do what’s best for the game! Not what’s best for the player.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

@Jscull,

You’re still here? Hating? You have ZERO positive feedback, just criticisms. You should step back, try something else, gain some perspective. You shouldn’t keep playing something you hate so much.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Vaffelman.6954

Vaffelman.6954

rank 1: +50% magic find
rank 2: +50 gold find
rank 3: ability to steal gold and/or items from WvW players
rank 4: create-your-own-ability, we’ll put it in game, but only for PvE
rank 5: developer domination. you get 100% of Anet’s attention 100% of the time, up from the previous 99%.

I think you mean ;
rank 1: +50% magic find
rank 2: +50 gold find
rank 3: ability to steal gold and/or items from WvW players
rank 4: create-your-own-ability, we’ll put it in game, but only for PvE
rank 5: realize that the Anet developers really dont give a flying kitten about you and you can now quit this game when Eso or Camelot unchained.
Now the devs dont give a kitten about you part, well “DevonCarver” is the only exception but his problem is that he cant kittening listen and don’t want to hear what ppl tell him because he is the supreme one and he clearly knows what’s best for WvW.

Vaffelmannen / Vaffelman / Krigs Vaffel
We Be Chilling Core
GH

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Anyhoo, God willing …. the live stream and animal control use the same ip address.

You only make sense about half the time.

It is pretty simple. Deliver and the negative posting goes away. Devon has yet to deliver. WxP is regarded mostly as broken siege toys and not something to really move the game mode forward. It’s been 5 months.

Also is this the reddit thread you’re so upset about? Hi reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1kvjji/devon_on_new_wvw_map_watch_this_fridays/

I am under the impression that those in your camp cannot be satisfied. You want something unattainable or something already past. Sure you’ll say you only what x,y, and z, but if you are ever given them suddenly the terms change. A lot of people in this anti-Devon crowd are in the business of complaining.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Seems as though you’re the one who’s ignorant of the facts. I rode the hype train for two years hunting down even the most minute nuggets of information even if they were written in German (Google Translate FTW). I could bring you up to speed, but to put it simply, Arena Net failed to achieve their intended design, and instead of fixing the myriad of problems they chose to just ignore them and push out biweekly piles of unchallenging nonsense so even the idiots could watch bars fill up and get shiny things.

You say dramatic, I say being honest. Not everyone expresses them-self with elevated diction. More often than not I just use a few select four letter words to get my point across, so consider this the most civilized and coherent form of complaint structure.

I have been around since GW1 beta’s and I have had design decisions changed on me from even back then. While I don’t like it, I never have and don’t need you to educate me on what is missing from the game especially since I am a GW1 beta player and if anyone had the script flipped it is us YET I can still express my grievances with some civility civility civility civility….if you think that requires elevated diction….Jesus HP Christ I don’t know what to say to you but maybe it just requires your mothers and a belt.

For all you people who are in denial about the way you act on these forums, there is a reddit post pointing to this very thread and almost every single comment is about how toxic you are and why people stay away from these forums in particular and prefer alternate sites for the guild wars community we have in addition to agreeing with you and the complaints you express so poorly. Get your Tassimo’s out and wake up, you are the vocal minority.

You honestly believe sitting at your computer for one second that typing this “read reddit, those guys dont like you so self reflect and repent” is going to make me like the kitten pvp platform wvw is?

You think your little “self reflect children” and “ive been around since GW1 Beta” talk is gonna make any of us more susceptible to what you have to say?

Buddy, alot of us have “been around” since daoc, UO, hell even EQ….please dont act like your swinging anything big by tossing out GW1. GW2 is a joke. It is like Anet PAID their customers to come play. And they hunted “just like every other mmo” all the 80% carebears out there because they pay the bills….

THERE IS ZERO COMPETITION IN GW2. ZERO. Couldnt be less.

The carebears are now trying to GvG. LOL I bet 95% of those players for the past year were zerging. Their bored because there’s been no new content so FINALLY they wanna pvp. LOL we came into the game a year ago with the mentality of only fighting players. 8 year olds can take towers, sentries, and sit on AC’s and Trebs….and yet for the past year I’ve watched adults brag about that. Please dont try and have me “self reflect” my bitterness towards hello kitty island.

So everyone but yourself are carebears? They are players still in this game working to improve their play, find challenges, and master their craft- but what they aren’t true pvpers? Because why? They don’t kowtow to your mandates on what is and isn’t?

You want a challenge but you refuse to challenge yourself, you are just as bad as those “carebears” though you have the audacity to try and separate yourself from them.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Gizmo.8623

Gizmo.8623

rank 5: developer domination. you get 100% of Anet’s attention 100% of the time, up from the previous 99%.

God, I Lol’d

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

@Jscull,

You’re still here? Hating? You have ZERO positive feedback, just criticisms. You should step back, try something else, gain some perspective. You shouldn’t keep playing something you hate so much.

I have stepped back. I quit mmo’s for 5 years. I came back here because of the masterful marketing job of “The first tri-faction open pvp platform in ages”.

Guess what, the mechanics were designed for 8 year olds to beg mom and dad for their CC just like every other mmo since daoc.

Guess what happened to 8 year olds in daoc…they got SMOKED by dudes who have been gaming for years. Thats how it should be. There should be high barriers to entry for top level gaming to occur. GW2 made it so that a sloth, a blind kid, and an emo chick in college could win fights due to abusing Anets poor mechanics, and come on here and shoot the you know what to everyone else.

SInce we left last week we havent touched it. And wont. I come on here because I love that the forums have become more of a train wreck than they were 5 months ago, and deservedly so. Why people dont want to hold designers accountable is beyond me. Their product sucks, just like when something with my iphone breaks, I want it fixed and restored. Anet says, sorry, we got your Cizzzassssh$$$ cant help ya.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I am under the impression that those in your camp cannot be satisfied. You want something unattainable or something already past. Sure you’ll say you only what x,y, and z, but if you are ever given them suddenly the terms change. A lot of people in this anti-Devon crowd are in the business of complaining.

The most fundamental thing I want is a real commander system. I don’t know about the rest of the people in “my camp” but I am sure most of them have a long standing issue or two that they would have liked to see addressed months ago.

Some possible issues that come to mind!

(in no real order)

1) Commander System
2) Party UI
3) Updated Maps?
4) The majority of exploiters going unpunished
5) Too much focus on siege
6) Skill lag
7) WxP soulbound
8) Lack of WvW specific rewards
9) Population disparity leading to lopsided matches
10) Zerging causing one dimensional fights

Pick one? I don’t know, if you look at it there is a whole lot there for people to be upset about. Again, my number one problem is the commander system. I am sure other people have their own “number one” problems.

Fix like 3 of those 10 things and I have a feeling the vast majority of angry people here would change into “Well, they are working on it at least…” If that seems to be unattainable, or somehow relegated to ~the past~ I don’t know what to say. I certainly wouldn’t be as involved if I felt that way. But for better or worse, I feel that WvW as a mode can change.

WxP is too tied to vertical progression so it isn’t a huge success with the PvP/WvW crowd. And that is all we’ve really seen from Devon’s involvement beyond lip service. “Soon” only works so many times.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

@Jscull,

I have stepped back. I quit mmo’s for 5 years. I came back here because of the masterful marketing job of “The first tri-faction open pvp platform in ages”.

Guess what, the mechanics were designed for 8 year olds to beg mom and dad for their CC just like every other mmo since daoc.

Guess what happened to 8 year olds in daoc…they got SMOKED by dudes who have been gaming for years. Thats how it should be. There should be high barriers to entry for top level gaming to occur. GW2 made it so that a sloth, a blind kid, and an emo chick in college could win fights due to abusing Anets poor mechanics, and come on here and shoot the you know what to everyone else.

SInce we left last week we havent touched it. And wont. I come on here because I love that the forums have become more of a train wreck than they were 5 months ago, and deservedly so. Why people dont want to hold designers accountable is beyond me. Their product sucks, just like when something with my iphone breaks, I want it fixed and restored. Anet says, sorry, we got your Cizzzassssh$$$ cant help ya.

Share with me what makes a true pvper please.

Also a link for you:http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Its pathetic the mmo community is what it is. About 90% of the people think its just fun to come home from work and do what everyone else is doing, either killing NPC’s, or running with 40 other guys to feel like they are living lord of the rings.

A real pvper is someone who starts out zerging because they dont know mechanics of winning by relying on themself.

Then after a couple months, or even for me in daoc a year…learning it is pretty simple when my team outnumbers the other team…just find a red target that is already dying regardless of what ive done so far…and hit him with some attacks.

“ok im getting pretty good at this” happens in their mind

Then you find free time from work, life, cant sleep ect. ect. and you find yourself logging in at 3 in the afternoon or 3 am….

You are all of a sudden…by yourself or at most with a couple other realmies.

Along comes an enemy group same size, and you die instantly and say “what the hell was that…they must be exploiting”

Wrong. They know what their doing, and do it well. So you investigate.

Delve into theory crafting a bit, into what abilities you think they used. What blew you up instantly.

You say, “Man I am not gonna be made a fool like that again”

Until the next time you are on without your zerg around and it happens yet again.

“This is crap, I am tired of this, we had MORE people than they did, but we still lost”

At this point, a true pvper decides im gonna gather a group of guys I have learn to know or met gaming, and we are going to work to beat that group or groups like them. We can be good at this too!

And so the long journey begins finally where you avoid your own zerg to rely solely on the skill and talent / clutch reactions of the couple guys around you. Where the journey of becoming a true bad kitten begins.

(Or you run solo all the time and get respect from guys like us like crazy because thats hard as hell to do as well)

This isnt rocket science. It just isnt encouraged because it takes time, effort, and coordination most people just wanna sit on siege, feel epic, and eat a burger with their free hand because ez….is well, just simply easy.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Naffy.1493

Naffy.1493

^^
Dude, its a video game. Of course 90% of the people on it are there for some mindless entertainment. We then revert to a thing known by the locals as “real life” and pursue our true passions.

Tree Dink – Sylvari Guardian
Os of NSP

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

^^
Dude, its a video game. Of course 90% of the people on it are there for some mindless entertainment. We then revert to a thing known by the locals as “real life” and pursue our true passions.

funny part is, we can accomplish this is 2-3 hours spent after work a night. I never said devote endless amounts of time…lol. These games are so easy.

RL of course is more important, it just fun to come home from work, and absolutley demolish people. We never even play weekends, just weeknights. The guy asked my definition of a true pvper.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

Well said Jscull, I think it’s a normal progession for real PVPers. When roaming I meet a lot of people who just don’t want to fight. Sometimes I wonder what they are doing in a PVP area.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

^^

funny part is, we can accomplish this is 2-3 hours spent after work a night. I never said devote endless amounts of time…lol. These games are so easy.

RL of course is more important, it just fun to come home from work, and absolutley demolish people. We never even play weekends, just weeknights. The guy asked my definition of a true pvper.

And you think these kinds of people have left GW2?

Now that right there is what we call “A Gooooo Won” (translation a good one).

That kind of player bought the game, played it, realized its a WARhammer remake filled again with $$$ spending 8 year olds….tried pvp, realized its AoE cap and downed state caters to bad players being able to win, to keep the games population up because they get to “win” fights theyd lose in other games….and Gaaaabye, they left.

If you dont believe me, read through this thread and count all the times people said “I knew some people, who have now left”

There is ZERO competition in this game. ZERO competitive natured people. Sitting on an AC for 3 hours or some treb isnt competitive, its lazy and boring. Hence the 8 yr old can do this reference.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: dangerdoom.3862

dangerdoom.3862

And “power-ressing” is kittening up smaller groups bigtime too.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

^^

That kind of player bought the game, played it, realized its a WARhammer remake filled again with $$$ spending 8 year olds….tried pvp, realized its AoE cap and downed state caters to bad players being able to win, to keep the games population up because they get to “win” fights theyd lose in other games….and Gaaaabye, they left.

If you dont believe me, read through this thread and count all the times people said “I knew some people, who have now left”

There is ZERO competition in this game. ZERO competitive natured people. Sitting on an AC for 3 hours or some treb isnt competitive, its lazy and boring. Hence the 8 yr old can do this reference.

I deleted my post because i combed through your history and felt it wrong to try and put words in your mouth.

If you find that the floor is lifted up by downed state and aoe cap then that is a call for you to play better to out-do the bads who have mechanical support.

There are plenty of competitive natured people still in WvW, a lot of US are frustrated by the current metas. We who remain keep challenging ourselves while advocating for Anet to move the game in ways that we think will promote competition and challenge. I don’t personally sit and sift through the forums arguing and pontificating but i do consult and speak with those who do. There are plenty of pvpers like you describe still here, i will agree we are the minority but that doesn’t mean you have to turn a blind eye to us.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

^^

I deleted my post because i combed through your history and felt it wrong to try and put words in your mouth.

If you find that the floor is lifted up by downed state and aoe cap then that is a call for you to play better to out-do the bads who have mechanical support.

There are plenty of competitive natured people still in WvW, a lot of US are frustrated by the current metas. We who remain keep challenging ourselves while advocating for Anet to move the game in ways that we think will promote competition and challenge. I don’t personally sit and sift through the forums arguing and pontificating but i do consult and speak with those who do. There are plenty of pvpers like you describe still here, i will agree we are the minority but that doesn’t mean you have to turn a blind eye to us.

“plenty of competitive natured people still in WvW” competing against Doors and Oh, sorry NPC’s too…We compete against people.

And Devon Carver and his team….who try and outlaw people like us to hold on to their customer base.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Naffy.1493

Naffy.1493

^^

Exactly. Personally I find slamming into a zerg three times your size and seeing how much damage you can do before you die is fun. Sometimes you even wipe them and that is terrific. Call it “stress testing” if you will.

Tree Dink – Sylvari Guardian
Os of NSP

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

^^

“plenty of competitive natured people still in WvW” competing against Doors and Oh, sorry NPC’s too…We compete against people.

And we don’t? Seriously there are plenty of people in my small group of WvW friends that make a concerted effort to seek challenges and improve our play against OTHER PEOPLE. I don’t believe anything can be had between you and i, i have the sincere impression that you are far too jaded.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

^^

And we don’t? Seriously there are plenty of people in my small group of WvW friends that make a concerted effort to seek challenges and improve our play against OTHER PEOPLE. I don’t believe anything can be had between you and i, i have the sincere impression that you are far too jaded.

It just doesnt matter. What matters is Devon and High and mighty Anet realize they are up kittenZ creek. They are going to experience a well deserved exodus because they have given us “supply mastery” in a years time. Reap what you sow baby.

Like the guy earlier in this thread said, it’s time to receive what they’ve earned.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Well I think in the livestream they’ll introduce the new Devon Mastery trait line.
Tier 1: Devon removes Quaggan from WvW.
Tier 2 Unlocks 1 guaranteed Devon post per day.
Tier 3: Devon posts are -30% less vague.
Tier 4: Unlocks an additional Devon post per day.
Tier 5: Unlocks a spontaneous visitation of Devon’s desk at Bellevue, with the option to go drink a beer together after work.

OMG LOL

Devon mastery FTW!

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Thurin.5610

Thurin.5610

What a joke this live stream.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

These devs just don’t understand…

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Illein.8534

Illein.8534

Watch this Friday’s livestream.

I honestly feel sorry for the poor guy you sat down there to show this big fat piece of nothing.

I’d not be surprised if he were to be spat at in public over your usual marketing hype. This was just too mean for words. Why would you do this to your esteemed colleague?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

These devs just don’t understand…

I have serious doubts that any of the devs or “decision people” involved spend any real time in WvW at all. They grossly misunderstand their community.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

listen jscull…you want ppl to take you serious in ur im a pvper…maybe you should do it in an area designed for people who normally pvp….not in an area designed for people who do not normally pvp that has lots of pve type objectives….

i and im sure others came to wvw…and get this…because it was said to have siege and huge castle like objectives to capture using the siege….i kinda had a picture of fighting in front of a castle with trebs firing over my head and rams pounding on doors kinda like some of the scenes in the lotr movies….i dont feel let down at all because all of that happens in the game although i will admit i did have to look around to find where ac’s fit into the game/siege warfare but it turns out the Koreans had something similar to that called the hwacha….so while you and others who came here strictly expecting open world pvp might be upset please dont act like you speak for each and every person playing this game

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

So let me get this straight. I’ve been gone for 4 months or more as well and I’ve learned we’re all not bowing down to Kaineg? Was the culling update that good?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Moody blues,
Reread most of my posts. I said 90% Of the games populsation in just about every single one of my posts isnt like us. We consider ourself to be in the .01% of the games population.

That being said, yea it’s frustrating this game caters to people who want to reinact lord of the rings and think they are general patton.

Sorry I’m not here to role play. If I’m gonna spend a couple hours a night not doing RL, I’m gonna kick some kitten in what I am doing. Sitting on trebs, fighting those tough keep doors, and running around with 40 people isn’t exactly kickin kitten and is certainly nothing to brag about.

PAXA -GM

(edited by Jscull.2514)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Mooodster.3470

Moody blues,
Reread most of my posts. I said 90% in just about every single one of my posts. We consider ourself to be in the .01% of the games population.

That being said, yea it’s frustrating this game caters to people who want to reinact lord of the rings and think they are general patton.

Sorry I’m not here to role play. If I’m gonna spend a couple hours a night not doing RL, I’m gonna kick some kitten in what I am doing. Sitting on trebs, fighting those tough keep doors, and running around with 40 people isn’t exactly kickin kitten and is certainly nothing to brag about.

and beating people who do not normally pvp is something to brag about?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Moody blues,
Reread most of my posts. I said 90% in just about every single one of my posts. We consider ourself to be in the .01% of the games population.

No. In fact, to reiterate a bunch of other posts I’ve already written, there is zero competition in this game, that is why we left. Because this game let’s bad players win fights in any other game they wouldn’t have last 5 seconds. E z m o d e.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

^^

Uh huh..and how is your ‘playing better’ working vs. higher numbers with AOE caps and the downed state?

You must be doing something special because all of us haven’t been succeeding vs. larger zergs for a full year. All it takes it minimal organization on the side of the zerg to roll over you.

If what you were saying is true..then why are there constant complaint about the two terrible mechanics/restrictions and mass exodus from WvW in lower tier servers.

They can’t be all wrong and you’re right..can they?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Mooodster.3470

Moody blues,

No. In fact, to reiterate a bunch of other posts I’ve already written, there is zero competition in this game, that is why we left. Because this game let’s bad players win fights in any other game they wouldn’t have last 5 seconds. E z m o d e.

have you looked into the gvg scene at all? sounds like the place you might fit in sense you dont seem to want to move on or just like trying to bash anyone who isnt like you ether way it might give you the competition your looking for without all the siege and other stuff in wvw you dont seem to like

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Setting up fights is for rookies. Almost ALL the GvGers crying on the forums were Zerging their hearts out from door to door couple months ago. They are just realizing it is more fun fighting actual players than doors and npcs. GvGs are literally the same fight Everytime. No spontaneity, no uncontrolled factors, no randomness, and 14-19 other guys to rely on. I don’t need 14-19 guys to rely on to play my toon to the fullest capability. And the guys in my guild are the same way.

Guilds have asked us to join their gvg teams…. It’s just setup fights. Takes all the fun of driving, panning, positioning on a map, bomb runs, And single target training out of competitive play. It’s just Aoe this area, aoe over here, Now Aoe over here… Big kitten cluster **** of Aoe. Zerging on a more organized level. Hopefully someday all these folks that are “give usssss gvgggggg plzzzzz”ing take it to open field and really man up.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Every GvG guild already has done open field for a long time and most still do, just not at your scale.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Every GvG guild already has done open field for a long time and most still do, just not at your scale.

Open field fighting isn’t running around with 25 other teal names around you fighting some red just not at an actual objective lol…

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Open field fighting isn’t running around with 25 other teal names around you fighting some red just not at an actual objective lol…

Yes it is?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

That’s called Zerging…

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Apparently leet pvpers have a different dictionary than us commoners :’(

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

@jscull

Welp gl to you guys @ PAXA. Funny I never knew what that actually meant, but always had a good time fighting you guys. Wished I could’ve managed to get together my own 5 man, but the solo thing was my more reliable…. Ya know RL and all. Hope you find the platform your looking for.

Peace!

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

^^

I’m entertained when it’s not mindless.

Mindlessly clicking on NPCs till they die so you can collect your carrot sounds like work to me.

That’s called Zerging…

How about you stop being shy, get in your server’s voice channel and participate in an organized raid for just one evening.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

The most fundamental thing I want is a real commander system. I don’t know about the rest of the people in “my camp” but I am sure most of them have a long standing issue or two that they would have liked to see addressed months ago.

Some possible issues that come to mind!

(in no real order)

1) Commander System
2) Party UI
3) Updated Maps?
4) The majority of exploiters going unpunished
5) Too much focus on siege
6) Skill lag
7) WxP soulbound
8) Lack of WvW specific rewards
9) Population disparity leading to lopsided matches
10) Zerging causing one dimensional fights

Pick one? I don’t know, if you look at it there is a whole lot there for people to be upset about. Again, my number one problem is the commander system. I am sure other people have their own “number one” problems.

Fix like 3 of those 10 things and I have a feeling the vast majority of angry people here would change into “Well, they are working on it at least…” If that seems to be unattainable, or somehow relegated to ~the past~ I don’t know what to say. I certainly wouldn’t be as involved if I felt that way. But for better or worse, I feel that WvW as a mode can change.

WxP is too tied to vertical progression so it isn’t a huge success with the PvP/WvW crowd. And that is all we’ve really seen from Devon’s involvement beyond lip service. “Soon” only works so many times.

Bumping. Take note please and thank you anet <3

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

^^

Uh huh..and how is your ‘playing better’ working vs. higher numbers with AOE caps and the downed state?

You must be doing something special because all of us haven’t been succeeding vs. larger zergs for a full year. All it takes it minimal organization on the side of the zerg to roll over you.

If what you were saying is true..then why are there constant complaint about the two terrible mechanics/restrictions and mass exodus from WvW in lower tier servers.

They can’t be all wrong and you’re right..can they?

No you’re right. There is a point where we can’t make up the mechanical difference that gives advantage to the zerg ball, but we make every effort to over come it and we find both reward and a challenge in playing that way.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Asudomentia,

If you can take an entire year of trying to overcome terrible
Mechanics and Zergballs…. Then props to you man. We couldn’t take literally the exact same outcome anymore.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Asudementio.8526

Asudomentia,

If you can take an entire year of trying to overcome terrible
Mechanics and Zergballs…. Then props to you man. We couldn’t take literally the exact same outcome anymore.

I’ve been apart of some great guilds and have been varying my play up. Trying to master new play styles and professions. Working on theorycrafting and a whole suite of things. I missed out on daoc but got to love large scale mmo pvp with WAR. GW2 has been so much better to me than WAR has and i hope for greatness in the future . i will always be going where i can find the best people to play with for the best fights we can find as a gaming community. Right now that is here, but who knows in the future. I don’t have faith in Anet but i don’t require faith. The format will be what it is and that is on them. i will expect nothing of them and will judge solely by what they are giving me and what their content means to be at a juncture.

Leader of [Suh]
#TeamEvonforever