Being a Necromancer in WvW Outside the Zerg

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I used to love my Necromancer, but we’re such a joke now that we’re literally free bags if we aren’t behind allies or a wall.
We’re passable 1v1, but as soon as the situation scales up, we immediately get focused and die. There’s no way around that. As a roamer and someone who likes to run in havocs, the rule of any fight is to target the Necromancer first. Not because Necromancers are dangerous, they’re much less threatening than many other specs. We target Necromancer first because Necromancer dodges twice (3 times with energy sigil) and then has to take all of our damage. The Necromancer is too slow to do anything. It can’t even get into melee with us if it’s allies aren’t pinning us down.
We can still win 1v1s, but we are often a liability in anything bigger than a 2v2 that isn’t a zerg.
In comparison, my hybrid ranger has 16000 hp and 2500 armor, and she has more damage, range, mobility, and survivability than a Necromancer. The only thing my Necromancer does better is corrupting boons. That’s it. This ranger build isn’t even among the best condition builds, and it is blatantly superior to Necromancer.
Lastly, I am offended that we’re “performing well” in every game mode when the commonly expressed opinion is that we’re just scrubbing by. This isn’t just a small issue. People are quitting the game over this. Money is being lost. Necromancer jokes are being made. Please address this.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anet can easily address this by removing your death/reaper shroud, if thats what you want. Also remove the staff for good measure.

The reason necros are being focused have nothing to do with with balance against other classes. Its because you got so much AoE, boon removal and condi transfers you become an enemy liability. You cant stomp people with a necro around. You cant cleave a ressing necro as they will just sit safe in shroud. Necros will make you loose. Ergo, kill the necro.

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Anet can easily address this by removing your death/reaper shroud, if thats what you want. Also remove the staff for good measure.

The reason necros are being focused have nothing to do with with balance against other classes. Its because you got so much AoE, boon removal and condi transfers you become an enemy liability. You cant stomp people with a necro around. You cant cleave a ressing necro as they will just sit safe in shroud. Necros will make you loose. Ergo, kill the necro.

What the actual fook are you talking about?

Necros are focused first because they have no invuns, no proper escapes, very little stab, no blinks, long cast times on their important skills…. I get your point about pressure but that’s not why necros are focused, necros are focused because they are a joke.

Necros are the whipping boy of every single havok group to the point where most (even semi-skilled) small group players won’t run a necro; necro is quite literally the worst solo class in the game for wvw and arguably the worse class in a small group setup in wvw.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

(edited by RlyOsim.2497)

in WvW

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

Bust out the zerk lb druid and go reaper hunting. Sometimes they run in little groups like elk. You can knock them down and immobilize so far away that they can’t transfer. The poor things make great targets and it’s fun watching them try to escape.

Sometimes they bust out the staff and try to fight back from range…but the projectiles are almost as slow as their half viable, ancient heal.

They will always excel at drawing circles on the ground.

in WvW

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

From a post conversation i ve had before get used to it, necros are not gonna get love and are not confortable to play. For roaming its horrible, sometimes i can feel invincible because i got everything perfect and fought players ,not good ones ,just players that are not that good. Any necro that beats a 1vs2 is only as good as the other 2 are bad. But if you are a thief or warrior for ex you can sustain and possibly kill 2 easier or if they r any good last long enough running dodging blocking resistence using evading till they gave up or help comes.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

HAHA I LOL’d at this post and then LOL’d some more. No one who focus fires a Necro is even remotely thinking of the stuff you just wrote. They focus fire a Necro because its a free bag that can’t run away.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Life force should go full out of combat, marks should be 1500 range and scepter skills 1200, death shroud need serious boost, trait lines should give +25% movement speed, necro needs some kind of working stability, necro needs good reflect or block and well of corruption needs boost.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

Pretty much sums up why i stopped playing necro and hate druids. But apparently attrition is awesome and we don’t need invuln blocks because we can soak up the back stabs and eviscerates like a sponge and power creep isn’t a thing….o wait.

in WvW

Napo.1230

Forgot to add flesh wurm is op pls nerf

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I used to love my Necromancer, but we’re such a joke now that we’re literally free bags if we aren’t behind allies or a wall.
We’re passable 1v1, but as soon as the situation scales up, we immediately get focused and die. There’s no way around that. As a roamer and someone who likes to run in havocs, the rule of any fight is to target the Necromancer first. Not because Necromancers are dangerous, they’re much less threatening than many other specs. We target Necromancer first because Necromancer dodges twice (3 times with energy sigil) and then has to take all of our damage. The Necromancer is too slow to do anything. It can’t even get into melee with us if it’s allies aren’t pinning us down.
We can still win 1v1s, but we are often a liability in anything bigger than a 2v2 that isn’t a zerg.
In comparison, my hybrid ranger has 16000 hp and 2500 armor, and she has more damage, range, mobility, and survivability than a Necromancer. The only thing my Necromancer does better is corrupting boons. That’s it. This ranger build isn’t even among the best condition builds, and it is blatantly superior to Necromancer.
Lastly, I am offended that we’re “performing well” in every game mode when the commonly expressed opinion is that we’re just scrubbing by. This isn’t just a small issue. People are quitting the game over this. Money is being lost. Necromancer jokes are being made. Please address this.

i totally feel your pain.
i stopped roaming solo much with my necro 4 months ago.
I’m on my guardian now. so much better.

when i do roam with others on my necro, i bring a boon corrupt healer tank and laugh when the enemy takes too long to kill me before they die themselves. i contribute only in boon striping and damage soaking…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Lastly, I am offended that we’re “performing well” in every game mode when the commonly expressed opinion is that we’re just scrubbing by.

The vast majority of people in WvW play in a zerg or guild raid, necro does fine there, go ask rangers, engies, thieves, etc how wanted / useful they have been in large scale WvW over the last 4 years.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m just going to say that I still chase zergs and roam on a vanilla Necromancer and do alright. Last night I was quite frequently all by myself and within 1,200 range (close enough to drop staff marks on people) of blobs 50+ deep. It’s all about knowing your limits, being highly aware of your surroundings and recognizing when you’re being targeted.

I agree that Necromancer is in rough shape in terms of smaller scale play but we’re not free bags. My suggestion to you is to rely more on your own awareness and judgement than on your build. It has always been something that being a Necromancer has required but now more so than ever. As we lack the ability to escape being focused, we need to avoid being in a position where we get focused in the first place.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Not every class is viable in every situation in wvw and necromancers are more useful in zerg-builds in zergs.
Reapers are ok as havok in some builds, not as good as a thief, but nothing is as good in havok as a thief. If you are getting focustargeted everytime in small groups, organize your gameplay (wells and marks at your feet) build (sustain, plague) or your group (invis, perma retal etc) around it.

in WvW

Mikhael.2391

Lastly, I am offended that we’re “performing well” in every game mode when the commonly expressed opinion is that we’re just scrubbing by.

The vast majority of people in WvW play in a zerg or guild raid, necro does fine there, go ask rangers, engies, thieves, etc how wanted / useful they have been in large scale WvW over the last 4 years.

So rangers engies and thiefs dont NEED babysitters but can still zergsurf just being less usefull in a zerg but can be awesome at picking up the tails of said zergs… i feel your pain… must be horrible being selfsuficient with tools to fight every class in a 1 vs1 and escape when outnumbered.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

So rangers engies and thiefs dont NEED babysitters but can still zergsurf just being less usefull in a zerg but can be awesome at picking up the tails of said zergs… i feel your pain… must be horrible being selfsuficient with tools to fight every class in a 1 vs1 and escape when outnumbered.

The point really went over your head didn’t it…

For the thing the vast majority of players do in WvW which is zerg or guild raids, necros are fine so are “performing well” and pretty much always have been fine, and are in a far better position that certain other classes, to the point many WvW guilds did not even recruit certain classes for much of the last 4 years.

If you think they are going to balance for roaming then your are either new to this game or deluded, they barely even make any balance changes for WvW large scale, so the idea they will balance for roaming is well… The game is 4 years old, so that isn’t going to change now, is it.

So either suck up the lack of disengage on a necro for roaming or play warrior/mes/thief/ranger like 80% of scrub roamers do in this game or find a game that is actually good for roaming and not trash like WvW is, because your necro’s roaming situation is very unlikely to change.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Mikhael.2391

The point really went over your head didn’t it…

For the thing the vast majority of players do in WvW which is zerg or guild raids, necros are fine so are “performing well” and pretty much always have been fine, and are in a far better position that certain other classes, to the point many WvW guilds did not even recruit certain classes for much of the last 4 years.

If you think they are going to balance for roaming then your are either new to this game or deluded, they barely even make any balance changes for WvW large scale, so the idea they will balance for roaming is well… The game is 4 years old, so that isn’t going to change now, is it.

So either suck up the lack of disengage on a necro for roaming or play warrior/mes/thief/ranger like 80% of scrub roamers do in this game or find a game that is actually good for roaming and not trash like WvW is, because your necro’s roaming situation is very unlikely to change.

Check the spvp forums and you ll see its not only wvw that necros suffer from survival/escaping. Im not new to the game and i know as many people do that necro is not in a good place or fairing quite well on all game modes.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Ya I’m beginning to feel this now that I’ve been playing reaper last couple weeks. Love all the boonstrips as it just leads to the enemy group folding but grief, it’s horrible getting EVERYTHING dumped on my head and the few options I have don’t prevent it from rehappening 2seconds immediately afterwards. Might have to start using fleshwurm and if it gets really desperate…snow leopard…

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Yup. All of this. Haven’t played more than 2 hours since the “balance” patch on the 18th. Have actually deleted the game from my PC. It was that or delete all my characters and totally divest myself of GW2 altogether.

The fact that Anet believes Necros are “faring quite well” in ANY game mode makes me question their level of knowledge about their own frikken’ game.

That one comment, a throw away line in the patch notes, was a kittening insult to anyone who understands the game even a little bit. To have the Devs kitten all over the class like that makes me wonder why they even bother with that class at all anymore.

To the Devs…you have no idea what you are doing, the sooner you admit it and fix this kitten, the better.

in WvW

Posted by: Mizumie.1280

Mizumie.1280

Honestly, I don’t know why everyone thinks Necro is a free kill, or even weak. I like to roam/havoc with mine when I’m not on my mesmer, and I do very well. Most of the encounters I have I win, unless I get outnumbered or ambushed while taking a camp. When I get those encounters where I can’t -win-, I either stall the enemies for a very long time, or just slowly but surely get away.

I use a scepter/warhorn and staff, and usually bring as many minions as I can with my utilities. Its far from perfect, but I like it and it works well for me.

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

Honestly, I don’t know why everyone thinks Necro is a free kill, or even weak. I like to roam/havoc with mine when I’m not on my mesmer, and I do very well. Most of the encounters I have I win, unless I get outnumbered or ambushed while taking a camp. When I get those encounters where I can’t -win-, I either stall the enemies for a very long time, or just slowly but surely get away.

I can understand the stalling part somewhat as they can be very good meat shields. But “slowly but surely get away” ???

You must have other Necros chasing you.

in WvW

Napo.1230

I get that some people have success roaming and well done to you, for reals power to you guys.Trouble is (I don’t mean this to take away from how good you play) if you meet someone of half decent skill or even similar skill to yourself its instantly stacked against you.
Anyone pvp on a necro….ouch.

I honestly can’t even begin to suggest how to fix it though as our mechanic is flawed from the get go so i probably shouldn’t complain but…… THAT kittenING GREAT SWORD!!!sorry I just had such high hopes for it and it’s like watching paint dry waiting for it to hit only to miss because it has some of the biggest tells in game.

in WvW

Posted by: Mizumie.1280

Mizumie.1280

I can understand the stalling part somewhat as they can be very good meat shields. But “slowly but surely get away” ???

Well, I certainly don’t out run anyone, but some people end up just giving up and turn away.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’m such a liability that I can’t even add on a small scale fight anymore until I know my side will win.

The Balance Patch (yes, legend says there was one, but I don’t believe!) says we’re fine, so it must just be me (and the OP).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Well, I certainly don’t out run anyone, but some people end up just giving up and turn away.

I find that I survive best when I stand behind small ledges and los my name tag.
#necrostealthOP

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Necro’s are the most easy kill. Even If they are condi or hybrid or pure power, the class is weak.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Posted by: Karmilla.5071

Karmilla.5071

I agree with both Anet & the OP ( IMPOSSIBLE YOU SAY?!?) lol

Necro play’s well in both guild raids & zergs, if that’s all Anet is looking at!

I agree with the OP about Necro needing some TLC for both roaming/small havoc groups.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Necro base need 33% swift … just cause … well necro.

in WvW

Posted by: Wizigard.4760

Wizigard.4760

I’d definitely like more mobility on my necro. Some shadowy blink or super speedy magick would be nice. And ye, most important stuff was already said exept……………… Flesh Wurm was already nerfed… really tragic. Didn’t use it much though… too unreliable. Also all this meta stuff… well not going into that but… my dream would be to do almost everything, every type of gameplay, with every class.

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

I’ve necro mained for like 4 years in W3 it’s one of the better classes for all things W3. Obvi zerg fites it’s amazing backline damage midline if you go reaper. Havoc size it’s arguably the most powerful class in the game (just ask any1 who’s faced TREX), and 1v1 they fair very well most the time.

2 main points.

1. In group play you need a babysitter mostly guardians are used. You need a boon bot mostly for stab and protection. You are a a literal glass cannon if you have a decent rotation and have good group play but without a stab/prot bot you’re gonna get CC’d and blown up by decent players.

2. Yes some classes have some builds that are basically impossible to beat 1v1 on necro. A good warrior will beat you almost every time, a good condi mesmer or runaway thief build is probably going to get you every time. Basically any1 who has a build focused on hard CC or mad condi application you’re in trouble. The condi you can’t disengage from so you’ll likely die (if you didn’t kill them first) after your transfers and heal are on CD.

You’re never getting mobility on necro it’s not the class design. Be happy with the stab you get from reaper shroud cause you ain’t getting that either. I try to cover the weakness somewhat if I’m small man or solo with runes and/or food.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Necros in skirmish are focused because they are flat out dangerous at scale. They are one of the few classes that can drop a terrifying amount of condi and basically annihilate five plus targets at a time. Ask tRex how souped up a skirmish team can be with one or more as an anchor.

Necros in 1v1 are too easily kited to death. Guardians used to have the same problem then HoT and DH fixed that problem. If Necros had the Guardian teleport and leap they would be fearsome.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Necros in skirmish are focused because they are flat out dangerous at scale. They are one of the few classes that can drop a terrifying amount of condi and basically annihilate five plus targets at a time. Ask tRex how souped up a skirmish team can be with one or more as an anchor.

Necros in 1v1 are too easily kited to death. Guardians used to have the same problem then HoT and DH fixed that problem. If Necros had the Guardian teleport and leap they would be fearsome.

The only reason it works for tRex is because most people don’t know how to deal with it.

Epidemic has a radius of 600 and Necromancers have a 7 – 10 second cooldown on Shroud entry. Spreading out so that Epi doesn’t hit everyone and ranged focusing the Necro’s when they drop Shroud is an easy way to beat them in smaller scale. Unfortunately, they have the upper hand when they’re against a larger group because most zergs will have too many players to spread out effectively, making Epi an easy strategy to exploit. So they’re actually at more of an advantage when they’re against greater numbers. Which again, is why I insist that this guild is not as skilled as some like to believe. I also play a condition Necro and there’s nothing complicated about Epi bouncing.

And before Waffle comes in breaking down my post, I have no qualms with the guild. I’m simply trying to debunk the fact that the fame is undeserved.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

The only reason it works for tRex is because most people don’t know how to deal with it.

No, everyone knows how we do things by now. Mag and BG both fought with/against us enough to know how things work with us.

Epidemic has a radius of 600 and Necromancers have a 7 – 10 second cooldown on Shroud entry. Spreading out so that Epi doesn’t hit everyone and ranged focusing the Necro’s when they drop Shroud is an easy way to beat them in smaller scale.

Yes and no. Yes because you correctly described Epi and necromancer mechanics, no because tbh the guardians or eles are usually the best targets because they move even less than the Reapers and you don’t have to time things according to shroud.

Unfortunately, they have the upper hand when they’re against a larger group because most zergs will have too many players to spread out effectively, making Epi an easy strategy to exploit. So they’re actually at more of an advantage when they’re against greater numbers.

No, throwing bodies at us is generally the way things work if you want to win. If you send an equal number likely they’ll die just the same.

Which again, is why I insist that this guild is not as skilled as some like to believe. I also play a condition Necro and there’s nothing complicated about Epi bouncing.

It’s fine that you don’t seem to like us, but people name drop our guild for a reason. Anyways, nobody implied any difficulty in Epidemic usage.

And before Waffle comes in breaking down my post, I have no qualms with the guild. I’m simply trying to debunk the fact that the fame is undeserved.

You know I really wasn’t going to bother, but since you had to put a disclaimer in I figured “why not?”. If you didn’t have a problem you wouldn’t be saying we’re not as good as people say or don’t deserve the recognition. You’d just peruse over the post and be on your happy way, but you made a point to try and insist that people are mistaken in their praise.

(edited by Waffle.3748)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I find that I survive best when I stand behind small ledges and los my name tag.
#necrostealthOP

I find that I survive best when I log off and play another game instead #necrostealthOP

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

-snip-

No, Guardians and Eles are going to be worse targets, specifically with your group, because your Eles especially, are full bunker. Necros die to focus fire, I know, I killed one of yours repeatedly last night with a friend.

Your guild was getting farmed by pugs of even numbers last night out front of SMC so again no, throwing bodies at you isn’t the way to do it unless the group is co-ordinated. But also yes to a point because eventually there will be just too many for you to handle and that’s by no fault of your own.

It’s not that I don’t like you. It’s that your composition is unfun to play against and thus I actively avoid doing so as often as I can. I feel that it’s necessary people understand your group isn’t gifted with unholy talent because it will spawn copy cats and the less guilds like yours, the better. I don’t make personal attacks over a video game, I’m not that immature and I’ve got nothing against you as a person. As a player, however, it may be a different story.

in WvW

Waffle.3748

No, Guardians and Eles are going to be worse targets, specifically with your group, because your Eles especially, are full bunker. Necros die to focus fire, I know, I killed one of yours repeatedly last night with a friend.

There’s a reason why our eles run bunker. It’s because in the current meta damage can pop even them in a matter of seconds if they’re caught out. If they die, we lose a good amount of support, which leads a sort of domino effect. But I’m sure a pug whose leash barely extends past the keep aura knows better than me how to best take our group on.

Your guild was getting farmed by pugs of even numbers last night out front of SMC so again no, throwing bodies at you isn’t the way to do it unless the group is co-ordinated. But also yes to a point because eventually there will be just too many for you to handle and that’s by no fault of your own.

http://imgur.com/lPQkzvU
Ah yes, pugs of equal number. I guess being in a T3 SM with all manner of siege firing causes you to overlook a few things, like the [KnF] group + pugs next to you, and the [VR] led pug group that was running around too.

It’s not that I don’t like you.

You’ve got a funny way of showing it.

It’s that your composition is unfun to play against and thus I actively avoid doing so as often as I can.

Well that’s your prerogative.

I feel that it’s necessary people understand your group isn’t gifted with unholy talent because it will spawn copy cats and the less guilds like yours, the better.

That’s a pretty quick turnaround from saying you have no qualms with the guild.

Nobody said anything about us being fantastic in this thread, they were pointing out that we make Necro/Reaper work outside of zergs pretty well. For that matter I can’t think of a group that has tried to emulate what we do.

I don’t make personal attacks over a video game, I’m not that immature and I’ve got nothing against you as a person. As a player, however, it may be a different story.

That’s nice and all, but it kinda falls flat when you literally went out of your way to say that we’re not good when all people did was point out that we utilize them outside of zergs pretty well.

in WvW

SpellOfIniquity.1780

-snip-

It’s nice that you’re keeping tabs on me in game and all, but that wasn’t the fight I was talking about.

You don’t “use them well” outside of zergs. That is exactly why I went out of my way to point it out.

I’ve stated how I feel and am familiar enough with your reasoning to know that the conversation won’t go any where constructive. Thanks for trying to validate yourself, though.

in WvW

Waffle.3748

-snip-

It’s nice that you’re keeping tabs on me in game and all, but that wasn’t the fight I was talking about.

You don’t “use them well” outside of zergs. That is exactly why I went out of my way to point it out.

I’ve stated how I feel and am familiar enough with your reasoning to know that the conversation won’t go any where constructive. Thanks for trying to validate yourself, though.

Well you’re entitled to your opinion, just as the others who posted the opposite are to theirs.

You’re the one who tried to invalidate us. It’s impossible to be constructive when you go out of your way to tear someone down, after all. But I guess have a nice day.

(edited by Waffle.3748)

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I do not care about necros and their situation ( I dislike playing the profession) but in my opinion, with all these boon spam in the game, necro corrupt boon should be reverted back to its original and buffed. It should corrupt every boon on the player with a proper CD, and casting time. That would shift the balance and negate this horrible boon spam.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

I disagree with OP. We certainly don’t focus necros because they are weak. We focus them because good necros are deadly. Small group and up. This is why our small group almost always runs two as well.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)

in WvW

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

One thing I’ve been hammering into WvW players this year is…you do not have to fight alone. Hell that’s been a Jade Quarry motto for years, “YOU DO NOT FIGHT ALONE!” I consider solo, who only WANT to solo to be kinda anti-social or loners. There’s a few specializations and/or builds used by other players that i’m pretty much outclassed by, and I freely admit it.

There is absolutely NO stigma to fighting beside an ally, or using NPC’s or the terrain to your advantage. No stigma, except for what you individually perceive to be a stigma associated by fighting beside another person. I’ve been solo killed so many times, that it comes second nature to me to find the nearest ally or friendly group, and lure the enemy in to be killed by concentrated firepower.

It’s World vs. World vs. World

It’s not solo play, it’s team play. Learn to be part of the team, and learn to make use of allies. It won’t kill you to try. Then again it might kill you no matter what.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

in WvW

Posted by: ledernierrempart.6871

ledernierrempart.6871

for someone who roam all over the place and duel in WvW i can say after testing condi and power necro with multiple build you will loose 1v1 against good war, revenant, thief, guard. then in a group fight, unless you have an elem with you, you will be focused first and immobilized, then killed, because you have only your life bar to protect you. you are slow, very little stab for a class that survive being a punching bag, and a long cast time on nearly all skills. while every other class have something to tempo, necro has not. unless under heavy healing if a necro is focused in a group fight he will fall.

in WvW

Hexalot.8194

for someone who roam all over the place and duel in WvW i can say after testing condi and power necro with multiple build you will loose 1v1 against good war, revenant, thief, guard. then in a group fight, unless you have an elem with you, you will be focused first and immobilized, then killed, because you have only your life bar to protect you. you are slow, very little stab for a class that survive being a punching bag, and a long cast time on nearly all skills. while every other class have something to tempo, necro has not. unless under heavy healing if a necro is focused in a group fight he will fall.

You know, the part about “very little stab” still upsets me some what. Remember when the elite skills were first being advertised and Reaper was first touted as being this slow but “unstoppable” monster akin to one out of a horror movie ?

Well a large part of that “unstoppability” was the introduction of stability in the reaper skills. But it was countered by the fact we could still be kited all day so balance was achieved. But then some Dev decided that things were too good in Necro world and so stab was halved with no substantial change to cool down, and that was that. We were still slow (and easily kitable) but now our “unstoppability” is likely a running gag in the Dev’s offices.

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

snip

I’d say that the reason you find yourself needing to always have allies nearby is because you never bothered to get good at whatever class/spec you are playing. What is even more laughable is that you attribute your losses to the opponents builds. The people who want to solo roam enjoy having to challenge themselves in outnumbered fights. That doesn’t make them loners or whatever you’re interpreting it as.

Back onto topic, necromancers are in a good place right now (or as good as any other class is). They are useful in large scale fights and when played well excel in havoc/roaming. Asking for buffs to necros mobility/survivability is unreasonable and just would succeed in negating the biggest difference between good necros and bad necros aka positioning and timing. You already see the dilution of skill needed to be effective on necro when you look at how many reapers play.

As for the whole [tRex] mud slinging stuff, everyone can have their own opinion of whether the comp is cheese or skill-less. What can’t be argued is that it showcases the strengths of necros and how they can be used in smaller groups.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer