Best WvWvW Thief

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: IComeInPeace.1768

IComeInPeace.1768

It may be hard to know them, but you do…..

List and Enjoy!

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

A dead one…..

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

I usually see a lot of backstab thieves since it’s the bread-n-butter build. But they aren’t really a problem for me… I usually kill them in a couple seconds.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

What’s the point? Why tell a bunch of people who have never encountered these people about them? If the readers are from the tier with the players, then they already know.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Nope, don’t know any. They are invisible even while stomping, so I don’t get to know them, couldn’t even tell you what they are wearing.

Most of them just wander around looking for easy kills without even bothering to find bessies to kill or something useful.

There might be a few good ones out there but how do you tell? A complete noob can jump on one, get lucky and 3 shot kill a player in under a second- does that make them good?

I’ve met a few decent ones but with stealth and culling such a problem I can’t classify anyone who plays that type of thief as good. Having said that I know there are a few group players playing thief that can actually play their class well and contribute meaningfully group vs group.

Close list and ask for classes that don’t basically exploit culling and a bad game mechanic.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Psychatog.8246

Psychatog.8246

a good thief is only heard, never seen

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

The class as a whole takes little to no skill with the current culling issues, so theres really no such thing as the best thief. What you should have asked is “Who is the least terrible thief”

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The class as a whole takes little to no skill with the current culling issues, so theres really no such thing as the best thief. What you should have asked is “Who is the least terrible thief”

Don’t feel bad. Thieves pick on newer players a lot. You will get better with practice.

Seriously thieves are weak. I always kill them first so I have no one to add to this list.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: VoxShatterfall.5470

VoxShatterfall.5470

Lol @ TBA

Tho I’ve heard of evasion thief and how in Fractals you don’t want a stealth thief.
I share alot of the above sentiments – however how is it possible to rate thiefs?

You only see really how good a player is if you play in the same party and right next to one, or play against one. At the same time thiefs do go solo – or can shine solo.

Since you CAN’T see an opponents name in WvW unless you party them its rather impossible to know peoples names to put on this thread.

Commander Vox Shatterfall / Ward Zabach / Ifrit the Immolated
Angry Intent | Multiple Servers
WTB Razor Blade Free Candy!

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Never seen any good enemy thief.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Today I have been fighting 2 ppl that actually ( I found that out when i was dead allready) was 30 man zerg. And those 28 werent thieves o,o. And why does everybody asume that every thief “3 shoot ppl in under a second”? Well I dont and I play D/D backstab thief. Must be doing smth wrong. Next time I see someone spaming Heartseeker on my full HP I will ask.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Don’t feel bad. Thieves pick on newer players a lot. You will get better with practice.

Seriously thieves are weak. I always kill them first so I have no one to add to this list.

I don’t lose to them either, that does not mean the class is hard. As I said who is the least terrible thief.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Jose.9741

Jose.9741

this one is the best i guess : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mKseV5ko04

Cmd Il Jose Il – Mesmer – Arborstone
Ossobuco guild – Another way to cook you

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Chimaira.8534

Chimaira.8534

So wait.. you guys actually look at names when you kill someone. Haven’t found anyone yet remarkable in the game, not enough for me to note his name lol

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Lastdrone.6387

Lastdrone.6387

So wait.. you guys actually look at names when you kill someone. Haven’t found anyone yet remarkable in the game, not enough for me to note his name lol

You can’t even see their name.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Adaneshade.2409

Adaneshade.2409

Want to 1v1 me in party (no stealth)? Will show ya what a good thief can do :-P

~Shadowkat

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

Want to 1v1 me in party (no stealth)? Will show ya what a good thief can do :-P

But all the forum thieves tell me that without stealth the thief is utterly useless, a broken class, a class that couldn’t kill an afk player if they tried. Are you saying they are lying to me?

I’m saying they all run worthless glass cannon builds that probably can’t survive without. Thief would be fine without stealth for those of us who actually know how to build a PvP character.

~Shadowkat

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Wait, there’s another no-stealth thief out there?
I must break you.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

I duel mostly and prefer to do it in party with my opponent. Gives them no “excuses” about me abusing culling or whatever.

If there were a way to get rid of the invisibility portion but keep the “openers” I’d be totally fine with that.

~Shadowkat

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: jaegerx.1693

jaegerx.1693

Bunzy from [OG]

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

I will 1v1 any thief who claims they are the best and claim my throne!

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

Please tell me you are in my WvW matchup!! I so have to take you on now…..

~Shadowkat

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: BarnabyMalong.7561

BarnabyMalong.7561

Wait, there’s another no-stealth thief out there?
I must break you.

There’s a few of us out there….
Technically, the only stealth I get is the 3 seconds from my heal. Sometimes, I change my heal to signet. I’ve been experimenting with a bunch of builds, and in 3 of them, I don’t use refuge or blind powder or any of those..never did like the blind powder. But yea, there’s a few non-stealth thieves :P

Dragonbrand,

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Bunzy from [OG]

Replace Bunzy with “any thief” and you are correct.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Ganking doesnt = Skill fight if it was like that then im the thief god since i have Absolute Cero deaths cuz all i do is f1stealth backstab and finish my target before they can wonder how they died.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Nope, don’t know any. They are invisible even while stomping, so I don’t get to know them, couldn’t even tell you what they are wearing.

Most of them just wander around looking for easy kills without even bothering to find bessies to kill or something useful.

There might be a few good ones out there but how do you tell? A complete noob can jump on one, get lucky and 3 shot kill a player in under a second- does that make them good?

I’ve met a few decent ones but with stealth and culling such a problem I can’t classify anyone who plays that type of thief as good. Having said that I know there are a few group players playing thief that can actually play their class well and contribute meaningfully group vs group.

Close list and ask for classes that don’t basically exploit culling and a bad game mechanic.

Only bad players get killed by the 1, 2, 3 combo. So no, it doesn’t make a good thief.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I duel mostly and prefer to do it in party with my opponent. Gives them no “excuses” about me abusing culling or whatever.

If there were a way to get rid of the invisibility portion but keep the “openers” I’d be totally fine with that.

So you do stealth? Otherwise, what’s the point of having a party if you don’t use it?

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Sanctum of Rall

Bring it bro!!! =D

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

havn’t seen any thieves (literally)

Actually I checked my combat logs, his/her name was “Unknown”

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

(edited by Seren.6850)

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

So you do stealth? Otherwise, what’s the point of having a party if you don’t use it?

I have 2 different builds, one is totally sans stealth. The other I use condition purge and daze but like to do it in party so my opponent is never in a situation where they can’t target and see me.

~Shadowkat

(edited by Adaneshade.2409)

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

Sanctum of Rall

Bring it bro!!! =D

I’m currently on Maguuma. Wonder if/when we’ll be matched…..

~Shadowkat

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

So considering that we can not see names in WvW how are we to know who is best. All someone knows is they were killed by XXX invader/defender [maybe guild tag]. So what was point of this thread again?

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Adaneshade.2409

You don’t invite people who defeat you in combat to party to give em props?

~Shadowkat

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

You don’t invite people who defeat you in combat to party to give em props?

I don’t roam much in WvW mostly with a group cappign towers/keeps or taking camps. Not really into the let me gank someone walking around thing. So if and when I get down it is usually by 5+ people.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

The best thief I knew didn’t have any trouble sitting solo on top of 20 players (or the three golems in SE exp), but he now plays ele because it’s less squishy.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

The best thieves set-up ambushes, back-stab for 10K, heartseeker until down, invisi-stomp, collect badges……rinse and repeat.

The worst thieves rely on the above to bring down every opponent they encounter and then panic when it’s shrugged off/blocked.

Gandara

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Aodh.6418

Aodh.6418

I’ve seen a huge variety of skill out of enemy thieves. Most of them run a P/D or D/D build they found on a website and panic when their standard rotation fails but I’ve seen a few really good thieves in the past few weeks. The people claiming there is no skill required are just outright incorrect. That being said, the best thief I’ve played against lately was a shortbow thief on TC I believe it was. I didn’t expect the fight he gave me. For reference I play a balanced S/D build.

Jessica Locke – Ranger
Team Riot [RIOT] – Blackgate
http://www.youtube.com/aodhnitola - http://www.twitch.tv/aodhnitola

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

A better thread would have highlighted a class that takes some actual skill to play well. Maybe “best ranger”, “best necro” or “best engineer”. At the very least a class you can actually see for any length of time. Not a class like this where, as a pistol/dagger thief you can just spam 1 and 5, stealth at will, escape at will, all with zero skill needed.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Aodh.6418

A better thread would have highlighted a class that takes some actual skill to play well. Maybe “best ranger”, “best necro” or “best engineer”. At the very least a class you can actually see for any length of time. Not a class like this where, as a pistol/dagger thief you can just spam 1 and 5, stealth at will, escape at will, all with zero skill needed.

Please make a thief, run that build, and get stomped. The skill required to play thief is low, sure, but that’s true for most classes. It’s ignorant to say that the skill ceiling is low though.

Jessica Locke – Ranger

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

brogarn.8723

Please make a thief, run that build, and get stomped. The skill required to play thief is low, sure, but that’s true for most classes. It’s ignorant to say that the skill ceiling is low though.

No, what takes skill is actually being able to beat a Thief, even a terrible one. Now you go spend all your time leveling up another class, maybe Engineer, so you can see where you’re ignorant.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Cal.1985

Cal.1985

Aww a topic only for me, you did not have to

Cal Dae | Tainted | Piken Square

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Aodh.6418

No, what takes skill is actually being able to beat a Thief, even a terrible one. Now you go spend all your time leveling up another class, maybe Engineer, so you can see where you’re ignorant.

I play Guardian, Mesmer, and Ranger with no problem. Thief whines will never end.

Jessica Locke – Ranger

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Arsenal.5043

Arsenal.5043

You can pretty much ignore 90% of what’s been said in this thread. Thieves are not easy to play, a newbie can not just jump in and kill the whole world and if you fork up even one skill fire when attacking you are pretty much dead where you stand.

All skills have a recharge so you can’t just stay invis all the time as also claimed, even with full stealth build. Additionally anyone using the stealth healing for anything but travel is not an experienced thief.

Try the class yourself before grieving about how thieves are all supermen for newbies and should be nerfed into next week.

Best build for WvW? I run Sword/Pistol for direct PvP and Shortbow if I’m zerging, attacking or defending a structure. Double dagger is also popular for direct PvP but the stun-lock of Pistol Whip is hard for me to let go.

Good luck!

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

brogarn.8723

I can see what any other class out there is doing and have learned how to adapt to what they’re doing without ever having played one. Why is it always the same argument from Thieves that I have to play one all the way to 80, get full exotics, etc. etc before I can understand how to counter them? Why is it that no one sees how absolutely ridiculous that argument is?

People whine about thieves, absolutely. Because they absolutely have something to whine about. Being able to go invisible at will puts you at an advantage above and beyond all other classes. And it won’t stop until it’s either taken away or something else is done to bring them in line with everyone else.

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Aodh.6418

This argument is ridiculous. “I haven’t played a thief and I don’t know what they can do, but since they kill me they should be nerfed” It’s a stealth class, of course you can’t see what they are doing. That’s the entire point. It’s really not hard to understand and I’ll tell you exactly how to beat them. Ready?

They will stealth. Either use a long CD utility, their heal, or they will hit you with CnD. Learn to count to 3 because after 3 seconds you’re going to get hit. Here’s the big secret: DODGE. It’s really easy. Press your dodge button on 3 and watch as the thief comes out of stealth and does 0 damage! Now hit him twice and press F stomp him. Congrats, you killed your first thief.

Jessica Locke – Ranger

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Well untill now , the best thieves i fought were from desolation.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Tyellock.2697

Tyellock.2697

I play a thief and I’m terrible but I do have fun, many people have earned badges from me. If it took someone 2 hits to kill me, first swing must have glanced.

Tyellock Norn Guardian, GW2 – Tarnished Coast
Tyellock Goblin Shaman(retired), WHO – Ironfist Greenskin
Tyellock Troll Shaman(retired), DAoC – MLF Midgard

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

brogarn.8723

They will stealth. Either use a long CD utility, their heal, or they will hit you with CnD. Learn to count to 3 because after 3 seconds you’re going to get hit. Here’s the big secret: DODGE. It’s really easy. Press your dodge button on 3 and watch as the thief comes out of stealth and does 0 damage! Now hit him twice and press F stomp him. Congrats, you killed your first thief.

Done. None of that works on P/D thiefs that aren’t glass canons. And the ones that are and have 2 brain cells bouncing around in their heads, will just reset the fight. Plus they can “DODGE” as you put it. Then there’s caltrops. Then they shortbow or whatever away, stealth again and come back at you with full health. Nice try though. I also like how you added your other classes to your sig since you last posted I’m guessing so you can come off as more legit. Whatever. Thiefs need serious work regardless of how much you try to defend them.

(edited by brogarn.8723)

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Aodh.6418

None of that works on P/D? If they can’t stealth they do literally no damage. Even if they DO stealth they are so easy to beat it’s funny. One condition removal will beat 80% of P/D thieves. You seem to forget that a good player on ANY class will beat most people. I can run and reset a fight with any of my characters, that’s not exclusive to thieves.

Jessica Locke – Ranger

Best WvWvW Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I’m sure faceroll static discharge insta gibbing people because you could hit your f keys in the right order takes a ton of skill. Well necro and skill shouldn’t go in the same sentence, and any ranger who understands how well they dodge/mitigate damage is great. Thief has a higher skill ceiling than anything else I’ve played just because they’re free to abuse many mechanics at the same time. No d/d insta gibbing someone isn’t skill, but for those in that build the real skill is shown when it fails or in some cases when they do other things first to ensure it does end quickly.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma