Best Wvw memories.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

That Kaineng/Blackgate/TC matchup tops my list.

Same with Gary Busey..

Yours?

http://youtu.be/CdqoNKCCt7A

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I kind of miss the weekly matchups here too. That, for whatever grief it cause, seemed to cement server loyalty.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

SoR/BG/JQ in T1 NA pre-season 1 days.
Full of good guilds around, fights 24/7, server loyalty was still a thing so people really cared about the server, plenty of guilds with different sizes and different focus, no big drama in any of the servers or anything like that. Everybody was having a blast.

Pumpkin – Mag

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Full of good guilds around, fights 24/7, server loyalty was still a thing so people really cared about the server, plenty of guilds with different sizes and different focus, no big drama in any of the servers or anything like that. Everybody was having a blast.

This, all day. That was some of the best gaming in general I’ve had the pleasure of taking part in.

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

This, all day. That was some of the best gaming in general I’ve had the pleasure of taking part in.

Those were good times, in that there was always action, on every map, all day. Reset queues going into 6am on Saturday mornings lol.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Those times you started sieging an enemy garrison at 18:00, staged a full 70 man zoneblob assault at 19:00…

… and still fight inside garrison at 22:00 with all three servers clashing and 60+ resses of the lord.

GW2 is the only game that has made me battle fatigued.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Zerg Orb Run and Tournament ss1 : ()

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I have lots of memories but for me it would probably be the second tournament. Our entire server at the time all came together and put endless hours in each and every day and continued to do this even after the tourny ended. I think I was at a minimum of 12 hours a day during that tourny.

After the tournament ended we continued to steamroll our way up from tier 6 to I think tier 3 where we finally took a lose and after that the server went back to other game modes LOL Was still a ton of fun though

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Probably the nightly 3 way garrison fights back during the SoR/JQ/BG days. Didn’t transition as well with TC, though it happened now and then too.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Naming the Rock and wurm on alpine bl. Wilson outside south west spawn tower and Henry the wurm outside north west bay. Plus my daily blood farm from the Minotaurs.

RP enthusiast

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

For me this is the first mmo I actually felt part of a little community. At launch I started on Kaineng and joined BMS guild. It was so kitten ed fun to raid nearly every night and I still have fun memories of the BMS and CNB tag team guilds going up against insane blobs together. I remember commander Sano from CNB on Kaineng, the great 47 from BMS, Guardian Angle, and Ajax Blue being a jerk in map chat. Little did I know, the fun times would only last a few months till the transfer rave started. That’s when I left with BMS to Fort Asp. where I have tons of fun memories on that server.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Bonsai.8964

Bonsai.8964

First really succesful portalbomb that we pulled off. Dont even remember the matchup but kitten it felt good.

Some random Engineer who tends to be annoying on TS

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

For me this is the first mmo I actually felt part of a little community. At launch I started on Kaineng and joined BMS guild. It was so kitten ed fun to raid nearly every night and I still have fun memories of the BMS and CNB tag team guilds going up against insane blobs together. I remember commander Sano from CNB on Kaineng, the great 47 from BMS, Guardian Angle, and Ajax Blue being a jerk in map chat. Little did I know, the fun times would only last a few months till the transfer rave started. That’s when I left with BMS to Fort Asp. where I have tons of fun memories on that server.

Lol I forgot about Ajax, he annoyed us on AR as well.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Trying to make the best memories in current WvW.

And trying to find people to fight…to make memories with.

Trying very hard.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

I remember SBI 2012 and running with Baha on his last few battles. I remember Jang/WM/Kaineng and running in a ball. Then it was SOR, the reset meetings and the trainings. And Jamezy/Choo with his yelling and thing for Asian girls.

Good times. /salute.

[SoX] – JQ

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

Lol I forgot about Ajax, he annoyed us on AR as well.

Kinda miss him lol Puck I remember you! My second account was Demon in ur closet, was on AR for a bit, fun times there

Pick me up below all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaWcAek5_JE

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Caosaur.3871

Caosaur.3871

TC/SoS/FA match up a few weeks before TC was launched into t1
TC/FA focused each other so hard that SoS won. A few guilds got rather salty about that happening lol.
Besides that, I’d say any 3-way garri fights. They don’t really happen anymore :/ (Or they do and I’m missing them all…)

Being a cancerous roamer on TC.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Dana.8721

Dana.8721

season 2 DR/NSP/SBI where we were within 2k of each other the entire week all the way down to the wire. Was such a close fight the whole week and everyone I talked to on all servers was having a blast. Every tower, every keep every save and every wipe had significance.

I hope its ok to talk about these old matchups. I find myself nostalgic for these memories as they remind me of some of the most fun ive ever had in a video game. WvW in its glory days was something really special.

Golden-DR/SoS/NSP (thief/mesmer)

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadows Creed.3902

Shadows Creed.3902

maguuma vs i forget who in smc. All 3 servers spread out inner outter and all 3 levels of the castle. Mag ended up pushed onto a platform on 3rd lvl and we started portaling people up to hold our “embassy” we called it. 2 hours later we finally got killed out but was an amazingly hilarious time

Company Of Traveling Heroes [CTH]- maguuma

Leader of ninja ops

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

The week without contest swords in T1 (TC/JQ/BG). All three servers had EVERYONE on.

Up until 3 p.m. on Friday (or right around that hour), we all crunched the numbers and any of the servers could have won. We were all within 1k or less of each other.

It was a hot mess. It was chaotic. It was stressful.

And most of all… it was a blast.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Agree with this, great days on SOR running with TW, Choo, Fear and Tsym.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I actually really enjoyed season 1, probably my favourite period of WvW.

Yes, I know, it was too long and the rewards were bad, but there were fights 24/7, for zergs and roamers alike. Massive sieges and endless garrison fights.

Good times.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

This. This time on Kaineng was so kittening fun. I miss these days so much.
But my all time favorite times in WvW was on Kaineng at launch with the guild [NUKE]. I’ve never had more fun in any video game

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

maguuma vs i forget who in smc. All 3 servers spread out inner outter and all 3 levels of the castle. Mag ended up pushed onto a platform on 3rd lvl and we started portaling people up to hold our “embassy” we called it. 2 hours later we finally got killed out but was an amazingly hilarious time

I remember that fight. Epic is often over used, but in this case, it fits.

SBI

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Sadly didnt recorded best momments :<, they really deserved to get recorded……..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Gay monday on SFR.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

This one moment is my favorite….

Attachments:

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Sadly didnt recorded best momments :<, they really deserved to get recorded……..

Same. Sadly I was playing on a potato up until recently, I’m pretty sure it would have busy into flames if I had tried recording while playing.

I had some sweet kitten 1v5’s too (a few times even more )…

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Those moments you get a keep finally to tier 3 with a wp while fighting your kitten off to get those dolyaks in. Those camp fights over and over again to keep them at your side. I might add some more once my brain is fully functioning again..

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Oh man the nostalgia. My favorite was glitching into SOR citadel with a full 50+ Zerg of guildies. Everything in there, players and NPCs are invuln and you will eventually die if you are an enemy. Our commander said in ts, “50 gold to whoever lives the longest”! So many laughs.

Pancakes
Thief

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I think, surprisingly, one of my best memories was when I was on IoJ during one of it’s exodus’s.

We were against FA at the time, I believe in T3 or 4 maybe? And while I hated how sorely outnumbered we were at the time, I look back at how much fun I had being one of the few on the map fighting an army.

During one of those match ups I decided I’d make it my goal to get Mendon’s upgraded. So, naturally I had to start with supplies. I sat with Speldan until it was fully upgraded and defended it from roamers for at least an hour. Built a little bit of siege just to be safe and saw it through to 100%. Unfortunately, they started coming in waves so I didn’t get the chance to upgrade Mendon’s but I did have a ton of fun fights. I called all the help I could get and at one point it was like 4 of us versus maybe 10 – 12 FA. They wound up pulling the Champ Arborial Spirit to crush the camp and overwhelm us and we had to pull back to Mendon’s. We built a bit of defensive siege expecting them to come zerg the tower but they never came. We went back to Speldan to recap and lo and behold… They’re all still in Speldan with siege waiting for us, lol.

Picture #1 of that day attached below.

Fun time(s) I had was back before the movement nerfs and Trapper rune nerfs. Trapper Ranger was the only build I’ve used that was actually truly broken but it was just so kitten fun… When I was on SFR EU, I would roam about and solo towers all day long and escape from 50 person blobs because I had stupid high mobility. One of those times I got trapped inside SMC when Deso capped it and I had at least 20+ people chasing me around second and third floor for a good 30minutes. Sword/Dagger + Greatsword, Trapper Runes, Troll Unguent and Settler armor = insane mobility, super tank, lulz for days. Now I just run a semi-traditional pew pew Ranger.

Picture #2 just the highest single damage attack I’ve done because I mini orgasmed when I did.

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

When WvW offered fun fights like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsA6Iaym-Yo

Look at how people actually fought in melee range and how stat choice in WvW actually meant something (super duper tanky/support Guardian).

Gandara

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

RodOfDeath.5247

This. This time on Kaineng was so kittening fun. I miss these days so much.
But my all time favorite times in WvW was on Kaineng at launch with the guild [NUKE]. I’ve never had more fun in any video game

I remember NUKE! They were pretty cool back then. I remember CRIT as well. Found a nice little gem below….sigh when Kaineng versus Yaks Bend was a thing.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Bay, Hills and Garrison farm festivals.
Pushing through 70 people with 15 guild members and still hearing “WHERES MY STAB”.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Back on SoS when we first fought FA with Luvpie at the helm, it was interesting to fight Choo/HOPE because previous WvW experience was just pug blob fighting for me and it was amazing to see organized groups play well.

Also some amazing fights with CD/SBI in SEA time back before the CD guilds moved to TC and Olaf quit.

TC/DB in SoS garri during SEA time was pretty hilarious as well, we held for 2 hours against 2 full map qs those were the good days.

Honorable shout outs to guilds like KH/Meow/KA/TKG/MERC and a bunch of other OCX guilds too, lots of good fights and trolling throughout the years.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

KN-FA-DB Mag-SoS-FA were some of the best times i’ve had in this game.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Agree with this, great days on SOR running with TW, Choo, Fear and Tsym.

Good Times, action all day, every day…

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

So… basically everyone’s favourite memory is on the Alpine Borderlands? Yeah! Sad reflection that the makers of the game decided to retire the one aspect of the game that made it so special for just about the greater majority of it’s players.

For me, BTW, it was the 1+ hours battles for Garri.. on the Alpines naturally.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

X T D.6458

So… basically everyone’s favourite memory is on the Alpine Borderlands? Yeah! Sad reflection that the makers of the game decided to retire the one aspect of the game that made it so special for just about the greater majority of it’s players.

For me, BTW, it was the 1+ hours battles for Garri.. on the Alpines naturally.

Well it was basically the first memories for many of us, those who were around in the beginning remember how amazingly active wvw was, zergs every map, all day. Its something that you never see nowadays, even on reset nights.

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I think, surprisingly, one of my best memories was when I was on IoJ during one of it’s exodus’s.

We were against FA at the time, I believe in T3 or 4 maybe? And while I hated how sorely outnumbered we were at the time, I look back at how much fun I had being one of the few on the map fighting an army.

We actually had a lot of people transferring to us as we ranked up 6 or 7 ranks within 2 months – we have always been outnumbered. We just made it to rank 9 then and I was really proud of what we have achieved. Unfortunately all fairweathers left during that week. And afterwards season 2 was up in which the whole silver league was steamrolled by HoD which led to a mass exodus as people were really disappointed, I guess. The time before that was one of the best times I had in wvw.
I have 4 favourite commanders, 3 of them were on IoJ during that time – they were bad-kitten and I’ve never again seen someone like my absolute favourite commander.
Here’s for the nostalgy:

Attachments:

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: not under warranty.4217

not under warranty.4217

^^ This – pre adrenaline nerf when commanders would yell HAMMERSTUN, frontlines were meta and you could actually move after engage. Fights were fast, flowing and a lot more fun. (I ran with Omen on BG)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB3UTCaDjx8

JQ [CF]

(edited by not under warranty.4217)

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Fighting a map blob +60 at southern bay. We were losing the fight but our 15man core was intact, when the other guild we has on the map came from hills and we pincer them. Or when portal bombs worked. We tapped southern hill and left 10 people on the rams. We hide our 25man zerg around the corner on the hill ported in as the zerg came across the bridge. Yea the best memories are ones with multiple guild on the map. During the rise of Kainieg and TC/Kain/BG were fun times.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

This was a classic memory. Thank you Maladon for posting it. I remember the exact time that was posted. I saw it titled as “Asura. Alone.” I think you posted it with a single sentence: “I got this.”

:)

Only a WvW player knows this feeling…

Attachments:

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

the end of culling

Attachments:

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol when titles still showed, too!

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

I was a driver for a havoc guild in NA T2 for a looong time. My best times were camping N camp on enemy BLS back when Alpine was a thing. Nothing like camping a North camp on an enemy BL against a PPT tryhard server like TC or YB. They feed bags until finally whomever the map commander is finally decides the hapless crys in map chat are too much to deal with and roll N camp with 30+ to clear a havoc party.
Even then if you played it right you could stealth up and get out without dying and be back pestering again in no time.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: pig.5930

pig.5930

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

The match up threads and reset nights.

SFR v Vizuna.

Bombing.

Those Garrison fights.

The small scale fights over choke points and camps.

1st 18 months of WvW was best gaming ever.

Thank you to all the roamers, blobbers and guilds for the fights.

12/5/14 Legendary

Best Wvw memories.

in WvW

Posted by: amonian.3596

amonian.3596

SoR/BG/JQ in T1 NA pre-season .some pics.

Attachments:

(edited by amonian.3596)