Best counter to GS/Hammer warriors

in WvW

Posted by: Eilthadel.7186

Eilthadel.7186

Title pretty much says it all. I am mainly facing them in wvw in 1v1 situations and the passive regeneration is rather difficult to overcome. Is there a class that would specialize in defeating them?

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

GS war is a terrible build. You can basically pick any spvp build adapt to wvw and never lose to one. They probably can run away from most non burst classes but they won’t ever kill you 1v1 if you have any semi decent build.

Try:
-shoutbow
-hambow
-d/d celestial ele
-celestial staff ele
-2kit slick shoe engi
-perplexity engi
-p/d perplexity thief
-medi guard
-condi/regen ranger
-etc…

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

GS war is a terrible build. You can basically pick any spvp build adapt to wvw and never lose to one. They probably can run away from most non burst classes but they won’t ever kill you 1v1 if you have any semi decent build.

Try:
-shoutbow
-hambow
-d/d celestial ele
-celestial staff ele
-2kit slick shoe engi
-perplexity engi
-p/d perplexity thief
-medi guard
-condi/regen ranger
-etc…

He’s talking about WvW, dude…
GS, Hammer is a known combination, doing very good in WvW roaming.
They have multiple ways to cripple foes so they can’t get away, very aggressive play-style, excellent mobility, good burst/CC, and good defensive ability…

Shoutbow/hambow is not a good combo in WvW as compare to in PVP because no-one will sit in your F1 LB anymore. Celestial staff ele sucks in dueling. D/D ele will lose to GS/hammer because they’re equally bulky, yet more aggressive than you. Slick Shoe doesn’t work too well in WvW dueling too because no-one will stand in it. Mediation Guardian will be out-sustained and killed later on. Seriously, your solution is all about SPVP not WvW at all.

Basically it hard-counters most direct damage build, that only condition build with good poison up-time can beat them. Even then, if you unfortunately get hit by f1 repeatedly, you’re going to lose too… You’re NOT going to outrun him, and he’ll run Rampage mostly if you try to run, and you pretty much screwed up by that point. (Rampage almost grant immunity to movement impairment when combine with certain trats/runes, perma stability, extreme mobility and high damage.)

I seriously doubt you really play WvW that much… Shoutbow or hambow would not win against this, and they’re relatively weak in dueling… go try it yourself. People from PVP need to stop look down on WvW because it’s a totally different mode, and your precious PVP build may not always work in WvW at all. I play both modes so I know that too well.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

HAHAHAHAHAH at you saying a d/d ele or staff will lose to a gs/hammer. The only players a gs/hammer can kill are the bad ones. That gs build only has a small degree of success because most wvw players have no idea what they are doing.

Any of the builds I listed is capable to win or at least stale a fight forever against a gs/hammer.
GS 5 is highly telegraphed and easy to avoid even on melee range. GS 2 is the easiest skill to avoid in the game. The only thing GS is good for is to run away….Trying to immobilize an ele that runs -40% food and hoelbrak(-20%) and is one of the classes with the most condi clears in the game hahahaha.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

HAHAHAHAHAH at you saying a d/d ele or staff will lose to a gs/hammer. The only players a gs/hammer can kill are the bad ones. That gs build only has a small degree of success because most wvw players have no idea what they are doing.

Any of the builds I listed is capable to win or at least stale a fight forever against a gs/hammer.
GS 5 is highly telegraphed and easy to avoid even on melee range. GS 2 is the easiest skill to avoid in the game. The only thing GS is good for is to run away….Trying to immobilize an ele that runs -40% food and hoelbrak(-20%) and is one of the classes with the most condi clears in the game hahahaha.

Lol, your movement impairment doesn’t work on Warrior too, they have more innate traits for it than ele. They have more mobility than you that’s for sure. Staff ele lol…. That type of Warrior hits harder than you against single target, and they run faster than you too. And their selling point is excellent chasing ability, CC, and burst. Condition is just to keep people in place from running away, but for staff ele it’s not even needed.

One last note, my power build never have any trouble against staff ele in dueling, but find GS/Hammer 10 times tougher than most eles. Not sure if we’re playing same game or not, or you’re living in your LaLa land. Maybe you’re imagining those WvW players standing in that invisible circle that they can’t run out from your Meteor Shower or Lava Font like in conquest.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

The staff ele can just drop aoe on hist feet and outheal your dmg. If you are not using a longbow you are reducing you class to full melee. Good look dying inside lava fonts. If you plan to stay away from the dmg and run away you won’t even touch the ele.

Keep living in your wvw land where 90% of the players are walking bags and don’t know what to do.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

in WvW

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Lol, your movement impairment doesn’t work on Warrior too, they have more innate traits for it than ele. They have more mobility than you that’s for sure. Staff ele lol…. That type of Warrior hits harder than you against single target, and they run faster than you too. And their selling point is excellent chasing ability, CC, and burst. Condition is just to keep people in place from running away, but for staff ele it’s not even needed.

One last note, my power build never have any trouble against staff ele in dueling, but find GS/Hammer 10 times tougher than most eles. Not sure if we’re playing same game or not, or you’re living in your LaLa land. Maybe you’re imagining those WvW players standing in that invisible circle that they can’t run out from your Meteor Shower or Lava Font like in conquest.

Lol, no eles are far more mobile then warriors. The mobility fiery greatsword gives is only matched by thieves.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

The staff ele can just drop aoe on hist feet and outheal your dmg. If you are not using a longbow you are reducing you class to full melee. Good look dying inside lava fonts.

GL finding kitten that’d stand inside those circle in open field. Outheal lol…
That LB doesn’t even hurt that much anyway, and mainly used for F1 field and blast finisher in Conquest because people are forced to stand on node. Also Ele has alot of projectile reflector, that LB just provide ele alot of breathing time.

Guess you either never play WvW, or you’re trying to trick Warrior using LB against Ele so you can win them easily in WvW.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

Lol, no eles are far more mobile then warriors. The mobility fiery greatsword gives is only matched by thieves.

FGS is mainly used for running away, not fighting lol. I have yet to see an Ele pop FGS to fight me, not running away in WvW. Also that cooldown XD.

in WvW

Posted by: Eilthadel.7186

Eilthadel.7186

So eles might be a solution depending on the skill level of each player. Any other possibilities?

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

So eles might be a solution depending on the skill level of each player. Any other possibilities?

I already told you condition class is the most likely candidate to defeat them. They’re the strongest dueling spec anyway. Dire engi, Dire thief, etc.

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

I have played all the game modes. The only thing a GS warrior can do is run away.

If you go melee the ele can outlast you. If you decide to run you won’t kill the ele either. GS is like those perma stealth thieves that have no dmg.

Lol @ a lot of projectile reflect. Has only 1 block projectile if d/d and 1 for staff.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in WvW

Muchacho.2390

FGS is mainly used for running away, not fighting lol. I have yet to see an Ele pop FGS to fight me, not running away. Also that cooldown XD.

But with FGS they will run away from you without you being able to catch them…
So they are more mobile…

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

FGS is mainly used for running away, not fighting lol. I have yet to see an Ele pop FGS to fight me, not running away. Also that cooldown XD.

So they are more mobile…

If that Warrior is persistent enough, they’ll eventually catch up after FGS expired, considering there’re no keep/ tower to hide in near vicinity XD.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

FGS is mainly used for running away, not fighting lol. I have yet to see an Ele pop FGS to fight me, not running away in WvW. Also that cooldown XD.

You really start losing credibility when you try to tell others how they use their skills. Simply because you mainly use your FGS to run away, does not define that as how all other players focus its use.

You also mention not staying in an AoE field. Well, how are you going to damage a enemy with no ranged option, when they just swap attunements in a cycle and maintain a consistent AoE at their current location?

Look, anyone can beat a GS/H build, and a GS/H build can beat any other profession. It all depends on the skill level, builds, and play styles of the opponents. You on the other hand, appear to argue as if an ele in general could not defeat a GS/H warrior, and that is just unreasonable in my opinion.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

You really start losing credibility when you try to tell others how they use their skills. Simply because you mainly use your FGS to run away, does not define that as how all other players focus its use.

You also mention not staying in an AoE field. Well, how are you going to damage a enemy with no ranged option, when they just swap attunements in a cycle and maintain a consistent AoE at their current location?

Look, anyone can beat a GS/H build, and a GS/H build can beat any other profession. It all depends on the skill level, builds, and play styles of the opponents. You on the other hand, appear to argue as if an ele in general could not defeat a GS/H warrior, and that is just unreasonable in my opinion.

So that Dudi guy who argues that GS/H sucks is more objective? I didn’t mention Ele suck at all, just saying dueling-wise GS/H can beat them because of this and that, while that Dudi guy clearly stated “these builds can easily pwn GS/H with ease because GS/H sucks”

For FGS, I also didn’t mention FGS can only used to run away, I clearly stated “I have yet to see any Ele that fights me use FGS to fight me, not running away in WvW”, meaning almost all eles I encountered pop FGS to try to run away from me.

Are you being hypocritical or something? Ele favoritism ?
There’s a statistic made by fan-base, collecting data about how many players playing each classes in PVP/WvW/PVE, and ele seems to be the top one in all game modes, and way more than the 2nd place class. Maybe that’s the reason why people only favors Ele.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in WvW

Muchacho.2390

So they are more mobile…

If that Warrior is persistent enough, they’ll eventually catch up after FGS expired, considering there’re no keep/ tower to hide in near vicinity XD.

Haha as if that would happen. The distance a ele would gain from FGS is enough for him to get out of combat and WP out.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

So they are more mobile…

Haha as if that would happen. The distance a ele would gain from FGS is enough for him to get out of combat and WP out.

At least you wasted his time by him WPing XD. I usually don’t WP unless there’s a guild group chasing people endlessly.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Condi ranger sword/torch axe/dagger. Enough poisons and bleeds to make them melt aswell tons of evasions to avoid the hammer and gs swings.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

So that Dudi guy who argues that GS/H sucks is more objective? I didn’t mention Ele suck at all, just saying dueling-wise GS/H can beat them because of this and that, while that Dudi guy clearly stated “these builds can easily pwn GS/H with ease because GS/H sucks”

For FGS, I also didn’t mention FGS can only used to run away, I clearly stated “I have yet to see any Ele that fights me use FGS to fight me, not running away in WvW”, meaning almost all eles I encountered pop FGS to try to run away from me.

Are you being hypocritical or something? Ele favoritism ?

He is entitled to his opinion. I do not agree with a fair bit of it. He also did not go as far as to suggest how those with an opposing opinion in this thread can or do use specific skills.

You example that here, by going directly to back handed accusations. By all means, explain how I am being hypocritical. Ele favoritism? I thought I was pretty clearly unbiased in my statement here………………

Look, anyone can beat a GS/H build, and a GS/H build can beat any other profession. It all depends on the skill level, builds, and play styles of the opponents.

Where am I displaying ele favoritism?

Do not confuse the idea that I spoke out against you suggesting how others play, as a bias towards one profession or another. I was pretty clear that I feel play style, build specifics, and player skill were the deciding factors in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I have played all the game modes. The only thing a GS warrior can do is run away.

If you go melee the ele can outlast you. If you decide to run you won’t kill the ele either. GS is like those perma stealth thieves that have no dmg.

Lol @ a lot of projectile reflect. Has only 1 block projectile if d/d and 1 for staff.

With all game modes you mean other games perhaps.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Lots of chill and cripples and immo will shut down pretty much any GS build. Freeze him and watch Usain Bolt turn into Simon Pegg in “Run fatboy Run”. Don’t stay in melee range while he is chilled/crippled/ or immobilized cause if he whirlwinds you will be taking a ton of damage.

As for tips on GS/H in particular, learn to recognize and dodge Earthshaker and Backbreaker skills or eat 100blades. The build is just another one trick pony similar to skullcrack. Once you learn what damage you should take and what you should evade/block it becomes fairly easy to beat for most classes.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: madpig.3615

madpig.3615

I really don´t know why youre always talking about GS only… when you face a buffed zerker warrior, and get stuck in the Hammer combo, you´re gonna eat 15k damadge in less than 7sec…

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

Lots of chill and cripples and immo will shut down pretty much any GS build. Freeze him and watch Usain Bolt turn into Simon Pegg in “Run fatboy Run”. Don’t stay in melee range while he is chilled/crippled/ or immobilized cause if he whirlwinds you will be taking a ton of damage.

As for tips on GS/H in particular, learn to recognize and dodge Earthshaker and Backbreaker skills or eat 100blades. The build is just another one trick pony similar to skullcrack. Once you learn what damage you should take and what you should evade/block it becomes fairly easy to beat for most classes.

-40% condition duration food, dodged march -33%, Holbrek rune -20%pretty much would be on those Warrior all times. Gl Chilling/Crippling/immobilizing them. Also it’s not one trick pony because it actually has good sustain against direct damage. Their strength come from consistent snaring/ mobility/ CC/ burst and sustainability.

Seriously, if a GS/H Warrior doesn’t use those -condition duration stuffs I mentioned, and toughness not at least 3k, they’re pretty much inexperienced Warrior roamers and shouldn’t take it seriously.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Condi ranger sword/torch axe/dagger. Enough poisons and bleeds to make them melt aswell tons of evasions to avoid the hammer and gs swings.

this…

1v1 double melee / survival (or trap) ranger has no problem dealing with warrior.

Evade for days. constant uptime on posion and strong/long duration burns bleeds.
Throw in an entagle just for more damage if you want since you shouldn’t be CC’d if you play it right.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

bleedstack condi ranger with sword dagger offhand for max evades will give them a run for their money. so will most tanky condi setups WITH EVASION.

Survival condi ranger with poison master will be a kittene for the warrior to beat, mostly because of high condition uptime, lots and lots of poison, and the control options granted through pets (KD, fear etc).

Melee ranger CAN be strong against them, granted you need some skill when it comes to close quarter battles. Evasion game is strong with rangers however, so they can avoid the warriors hurt for a long time. The ranger may not win, but it certainly can make it a stalemate.

Lastly, since this build has a hammer, there is a heavy reduction in IN COMBAT mobility, which is great, because that means beastmaster will work. The most lulz setup i can imagine is regen BM with spirits, going 60% nomads and 40% Dire. Not only is this setup tanky as hell, but it is also strong 1v1 vs things that doesnt always dart around or evade. The warrior is a very “in your face” profession, so all you need to do is seriously out-tank it. With the protection uptime, access to evasion, massive healthpool and heavy regeneration. In addition to a pet hitting like a truck on steroids, this setup is FUN, for the ranger. Ive tried it, it takes forever to kill stuff, and most of your enemies that are not of the super stubborn sort will either run away, let you kill them out of sheer boredom (in the case of not being able to run away for various reasons), or they simply avoid you like the plague.

Minionmancer CAN possibly have some merits, mainly by using minions as shields. Most warrior setups focused on burst with GS have weak defenses VS conditions, especially without shouts or cleansing ire.

So, any thief build focused on condi with atleast 4 points in acrobatics will be a menace beacause they can dodge all day.

Skullcrack warrior should be able to stop them if you use your blocks (mace 2, shield 5) wisely. GS is never strong unless you can STOP the enemy from getting away from 100b + arcing slice.

Lastly, mesmer should be the ideal one here, now i am not too versed in mesmer builds, however i know they got the tools, and the “AOE efficiency reduction” going for them with illusions and phantasm making it hard to deal with the real mesmer.

Engineer, while they are strong, i think engineer would be too dependent on the terrain to be efficient. In open spaces where the engi can kite more it should have some chance, but in tight spaces the warrior will be ontop of the engi before it can properly deploy its counter offense.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Condi P/D thief if they’re not running much condi cleanse/-40 condi food.

No joke I’ve literally danced around these guys pressing #2 immobilize and they have 1 min 30 secs of poison with a vomitfull of other condis on them all the while I’m fluttering about with those 2 circus clown elite thieves guild NPCs and it’s hilarious. They have no range weapon? GG. Immobilize them. They get close? Skill #3 which applies torment or CnD on them to set up.. Oh look another face full of bleed stacks.

If they’re running -40 condi food then yes, it’s a lot harder and I’ve failed many times with those types.

Other than that – full zerk LB pew pew ranger. Yes. I’ve killed a tiny handful of these guys; just pop stability (RaO) and even that signet and GG if I’m a tad but lucky. It’s mostly the animations you need to be aware of (the big tells) when they swing that hammer coz they WILL immobilize you if they’re traited and no stab = you’re dead.

Hope that helps.

in WvW

Toxsa.2701

No joke I’ve literally danced around these guys pressing #2 immobilize and they have 1 min 30 secs of poison with a vomitfull of other condis on them all the while I’m fluttering about with those 2 circus clown elite thieves guild NPCs and it’s hilarious. They have no range weapon? GG. Immobilize them. They get close? Skill #3 which applies torment or CnD on them to set up.. Oh look another face full of bleed stacks.

If they’re running -40 condi food then yes, it’s a lot harder and I’ve failed many times with those types.

Other than that – full zerk LB pew pew ranger. Yes. I’ve killed a tiny handful of these guys; just pop stability (RaO) and even that signet and GG if I’m a tad but lucky. It’s mostly the animations you need to be aware of (the big tells) when they swing that hammer coz they WILL immobilize you if they’re traited and no stab = you’re dead.

Hope that helps.

I play Power ranger for WvW roaming forever, and I can confirm, aside from dire perplex thieves and condition necro with full death shroud, GS/H is one of the toughest match-up for my power ranger.

Even if I do run empathetic Bond and -40% condition food to begin with, I still couldn’t escape all his constant cripple (the duration is quite long), and he’s too mobile that I’d pretty much ended up trading blows with him when I trying to pew pew him. Just that he has way higher armors than me, so my LB wouldn’t kill him before he kills me if I just stand there shooting, and I’m forced to retreat through hunter shot + GS leap. Usually full RF will only do around 5~6k damage to them at max, which they can easily heal up my being aggressive and force me to switch to GS. Worst case scenario is they pop Rampage while my HP has already been chipped down abit. It’s a constant stability with almost immunity to soft CC and EXTREMELY TANKY (there’s a damage reduction during that time). Snaring/ KB/ KD/ Fear, none works on him during that time, and he actually runs way faster than me even if I run Pack Rune so I have constant swiftness on me, and hits very hard.

But there’re only a handful of good Warriors play like that. Most of them either run too tanky with almost 0 damage, or too glassy and can’t live through my arrows. Just because you kill the weak ones out there doesn’t mean the build is weak. You should always use the strongest foes you encountered as the example when examining these builds. In my opinion it’s much stronger than any LB variant of the Warrior when I’m playing power ranger. If they actually use LB, I’d have a much easier time pew pew them to death because they make range for us to do higher damage, and couldn’t hit us when we enter stealth XD.

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Either a lot of people in here don’t know what GS/Hammer is about or they have only encountered random sunday warriors who picked up that set and didn’t know whats up.

In my opinion and experience GS/Ham is the most versatile and efficient build when it comes to roaming in WvW. In short it has
- Great mobility
- Good soft and heavy CC
- Good options to burst
- Good amount of dodges
- Good defensive skills
- Can keep up good pressure
- Good AoE
- Two good bursts that doesn’t require more than 1 bar of adrenaline to be viable

On GS/Ham the GS is usually for utility and mobility, not for damage. So your main concern is to watch out the hammer. Thank god hammer is relatively easy to read for its big wind ups, but if you are out of stability or stun breaks you can get smashed in seconds. But don’t underestimate the GS either, it can do sudden bursts through whirlwind and Arcing slice if you are under 50% hp.

Your best bet is to try to kite the warrior and stay out of melee range. And if you try to kite with move impaires, you better bring some extra condition duration or otherwise those things won’t do much as warriors usually have at least 73% reduction and on most cases over 90% reduction to move impaires.

I think what gives me most trouble is blinds because hammer is so slow that you can’t easily wipe the blind and do big wind up attacks without either getting a new blind or the enemy doding away. Also some condition builds with heavy investment on condi duration and cripple/chill gives hard time if you get hit by them.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

(edited by Paavotar.3971)

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Hope that helps.

I play Power ranger for WvW roaming forever, and I can confirm, aside from dire perplex thieves and condition necro with full death shroud, GS/H is one of the toughest match-up for my power ranger.

Even if I do run empathetic Bond and -40% condition food to begin with, I still couldn’t escape all his constant cripple (the duration is quite long), and he’s too mobile that I’d pretty much ended up trading blows with him when I trying to pew pew him. Just that he has way higher armors than me, so my LB wouldn’t kill him before he kills me if I just stand there shooting, and I’m forced to retreat through hunter shot + GS leap. Usually full RF will only do around 5~6k damage to them at max, which they can easily heal up my being aggressive and force me to switch to GS. Worst case scenario is they pop Rampage while my HP has already been chipped down abit. It’s a constant stability with almost immunity to soft CC and EXTREMELY TANKY (there’s a damage reduction during that time). Snaring/ KB/ KD/ Fear, none works on him during that time, and he actually runs way faster than me even if I run Pack Rune so I have constant swiftness on me, and hits very hard.

But there’re only a handful of good Warriors play like that. Most of them either run too tanky with almost 0 damage, or too glassy and can’t live through my arrows. Just because you kill the weak ones out there doesn’t mean the build is weak. You should always use the strongest foes you encountered as the example when examining these builds. In my opinion it’s much stronger than any LB variant of the Warrior when I’m playing power ranger. If they actually use LB, I’d have a much easier time pew pew them to death because they make range for us to do higher damage, and couldn’t hit us when we enter stealth XD.

warrior is a strong matchup vs any bow ranger build, mostly because they got the CC “immunity” and tonns of gap closers and or reflects. However, this only applies to longbow based setups. Shortbow has more flexible “counter control” options through SB4 and SB5, in addition to a proper evade (which gets broken in some way every 2-3 patches).

If you had chosen to run a more evasion centric melee based, power ranger such as GS/S A or S D, then you would stand stronger VS the warrior due to them not having so many advantageous abilities, and their slow and long wound up attacks would become even a greater weakness to the warrior due to your evades.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Warriors in general are very telegraphed.
GS and Hammer are the most telegraphed weapons they have..
Alot of Warriors using those will be a piece of cake but you will, as always run into some bossmode players.

Problem is no matter how telegraphed they are, once they start CC you, and you are out of stunbreaks or in a bad wep-swap, then you will eat alot of hurting.

Your job is to read animations and value dodges/evades.
Warriors job is to be non-predictive with his attacks.

I also struggle vs some Warriors, but both hammer and GS are easy to read, that doesnt mean it will be hard for some builds to dance in melee.

Id recommend most engineer builds vs hammer/gs warrior, condi and power ranger or perhaps even a powermancer.. Lichform wont get outhealed, neither will DS 1.. not even dagger auto while sitting in a well…

Oh well.

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

-40% condition duration food, dodged march -33%, Holbrek rune -20%pretty much would be on those Warrior all times. Gl Chilling/Crippling/immobilizing them. Also it’s not one trick pony because it actually has good sustain against direct damage. Their strength come from consistent snaring/ mobility/ CC/ burst and sustainability.

Seriously, if a GS/H Warrior doesn’t use those -condition duration stuffs I mentioned, and toughness not at least 3k, they’re pretty much inexperienced Warrior roamers and shouldn’t take it seriously.

+conditon food and sigils/runes can counter that and anyone running any form of condi in WvW without those is inexperienced and shouldn’t not be taken seriously. Lots of blinds will also effectively shut down the hammer part of the build.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Some warriors seems to use skills kind of fast. You dodge hammer stun and whirlwind seems to come almost instantly after that. Sometimes feels like that you can’t double dodge fast enough.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Some warriors seems to use skills kind of fast. You dodge hammer stun and whirlwind seems to come almost instantly after that. Sometimes feels like that you can’t double dodge fast enough.

If you see him swap after dodging the stun, move towards him. You will take a lot less damage from whirlwind. It most effective against targets trying to move away.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

S/D Thief, Trapper or Survival Ranger with Sword/Dagger or Sword/x and Axe/Dagger, are all quite good due to having a lot of evades. Personally most CC builds are completely harmless for me as a melee trapper Ranger because I simply have more evades than they do CC’s. If they do happen to catch me in a CC chain I’m probably toast because I don’t have the health to tank it, but good luck catching me in the first place.

Really, anything with a lot of evades and preferably a lot of poison as well, such as the three I mentioned, should do just fine against H/GS Warrior. You won’t be able to hop on to any of those builds and do just fine however as they’re all at least mildly difficult to play so, practice a bit first.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma