Best fighting EU server

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: The Hero Warrior Il.7681

The Hero Warrior Il.7681

So what server on EU has the best fighting commanders and active wvw population?

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Lucem Ferre.9205

Lucem Ferre.9205

I just bought the expansion and want to change from US to EU server. I am a total EB Rat .. So I was looking at http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups/histories
Based on that, Desolation, Piken Square and Far Shiverpeaks seem to be doing good .. I am almost clicking on Desolation, but came here to ask exactly what you asked ! So thanks ! .. I too shall wait for some EU player to respond and then choose ! After all its 1800 hard earnt Gems !

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Monica.9701

Monica.9701

I’m on deso and I love it there. But I’d say FSP is the better fighting server.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Desolation or FSP, although Deso is being carried right now by the Vabbi bandwagon, FSP carrys itself, so FSP is prob the best choice long term.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Desolation or FSP, although Deso is being carried right now by the Vabbi bandwagon, FSP carrys itself, so FSP is prob the best choice long term.

You think that bandwagoners stay in same server long time?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Lucem Ferre.9205

Lucem Ferre.9205

Thanks for that feedback .. Now, I think I would join Far Shiverpeaks .. Consistency more than Carry I guess ! :P !

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

There are long queues on a linked server like Deso/Vabbi, otherwise there’s not much else out there, you could try Piken, but quality dropped a bit in the past month, especially after the linking business and AG is pretty dead without a link, last I heard.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

BG they need more ppl

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Datestamping this: 28/11/2016
I’d say FSP is the best fighting server (at the moment). Some of Piken’s commanders no longer tag up after being obliterated by FSP a few times, then linked with them for eight straight weeks.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’d say FSP is the best fighting server (at the moment). Some of Piken’s commanders no longer tag up after being obliterated by FSP a few times, then linked with them for eight straight weeks.

You mean when FSP was linked with not one, but two other servers?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

That’s irrelevant. WSR and FoW were both dead servers and Piken also had a link. Both servers had equal opportunity to gain transfers and Piken got a boat load through Blacktide with the likes of TT, Ash and tD. FSP just generally has better players than Piken. Been that way for a long time.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Best fight or best blob server hmmm.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

That’s irrelevant. WSR and FoW were both dead servers and Piken also had a link. Both servers had equal opportunity to gain transfers and Piken got a boat load through Blacktide with the likes of TT, Ash and tD. FSP just generally has better players than Piken. Been that way for a long time.

WSR had a massive amount of transfers for people wanting to be on FSP without the price tag. Now we’re with SFR they all left, funny thing is a lot went Gankdara who we’ve been fighting a few times as a dead server.

Piken is a ppt server but I don’t rate FSP much either as there’s a lot of bandwagoners now and they just want an easy carry.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

And then when they were both unlinked, Piken got farmed even more, because two guilds left Piken and they lost a lot of players who were fight orientated who were on the server linked with Piken (Blacktide), leaving a lot of PPT players and sub-standard guilds (with one exception) who basically can’t fight.

Hence after the links had gone from FSP & Piken and the matchup was Viz (+ links) vs Piken vs FSP, the joke was FSP were fighting 2 “French” servers, meaning Piken literally ran / avoided fights and went off to PvDoor.

The same matchup where FSP players were logging off during reset out of boredom , because they had 6.6 KDR ratio after 45 mins, which says it all about Piken as a “fighting” server these days.

As for the OP, stay on NA, WvW is dead on EU.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

As long as bandwagoning is tolerated there won’t be a best server, because people simply jump ship the moment they see they are outnumbered and while everyone likes winning, very few like a real challenge. Then the ironic praise for guilds like CUTE, Zerg, Perv and all the bandwagonists who I see frequently leave Deso, then come back, then jump ship again, then come back it’s hilarious it’s like bunnies forgot where the grass is greener and they keep looking for more carrots

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The same matchup where FSP players were logging off during reset out of boredom , because they had 6.6 KDR ratio after 45 mins, which says it all about Piken as a “fighting” server these days.

Trying to avoid making this a matchup thread (sorry OP) .. but they were bored because they greatly outnumbered every single other server out there. To the point that people just didn’t want to play FSP because you’d go out with 40 (a reasonable size) and FSP would come wiht 80. It was the new Jade Sea server.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Trying to avoid making this a matchup thread (sorry OP) .. but they were bored because they greatly outnumbered every single other server out there. To the point that people just didn’t want to play FSP because you’d go out with 40 (a reasonable size) and FSP would come wiht 80. It was the new Jade Sea server.

LOL, maybe you should actually play on your Piken account more than once in a blue moon, that was after FSP and Piken were de-linked from their respective servers, FSP had a 6.6 KDR after 45 mins, simply because Piken and Viz were terrible and got one pushed in 90% of encounters, including maps Piken had queued, too many PvDoor players that can’t play, that is the reality of Piken.

As you’ve apparently missed it FSP have had their glicko rating manually lowered twice since they were de-linked, because they don’t have huge amounts of players round the clock, so once that population boost from those two linked servers went, then well… yet they still farmed Piken, who got even worse without Blacktide carrying them in fights, but don’t worry you can still hide in towers with siege and PvDoor, as I know that is your sort of thing.

If the OP wants a fight sever, Piken is the last place he should look, unless he has a time machine that can go back 3 years.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Nundar.9701

Nundar.9701

True , Pikeners were good 2-3 years ago , current Piken is a pvd joke , if you want a fighting server pick FSP or Vabbi

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Will servers ever go back to their “former” glory in the future, so to speak?

I haven’t played for a while, and I returned a little bit just recently. I’m on Seafarer’s Rest and they were rather hot on the whole WvW ordeal and I had many fun nights doing WvW with that server.

Now it’s at the bottom, with barely anyone doing anything. I’m not really sure what happened, and why.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

id join riverside now that upgrades matter and every1 sits on their sorry kitten on cannons/arrowcarts w/e does dmg from behind walls its ur best bet to get “fights”

this upgrades matters towards PPT sucks hard. never seen such a crap fights since today (yes this is my first login since they did that update.)

fighting 5v5 or w/e and u have (5v8 in this case) 2 cupcakes banging from cannons constantly and 1 from mortar.

as for last guy, SFR was bad always been bad.
u got nightcover? u got ur nr1 spot on EU its that simple any server can do it.
what happend? well i believe FSP cracked their nuts and they started to drop down the list slowly.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

id join riverside now that upgrades matter and every1 sits on their sorry kitten on cannons/arrowcarts w/e does dmg from behind walls its ur best bet to get “fights”

this upgrades matters towards PPT sucks hard. never seen such a crap fights since today (yes this is my first login since they did that update.)

fighting 5v5 or w/e and u have (5v8 in this case) 2 cupcakes banging from cannons constantly and 1 from mortar.

what happend? well i believe FSP cracked their nuts and they started to drop down the list slowly.

To be fair FSP was bad before SFR players transfered there. I still remember when siegerazer kidd ink outplayed enemies 1 vs 4 situations in tier 1, while FSP was still in tier 100 or something.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

As long as bandwagoning is tolerated [etc]

Did you see the devs’ idea for WvW “New Worlds”?

How do they expect new worlds to be a solution without big changes to the transfer/bandwagon system?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Everybody thinks that, FSP was often outnumbered (yes with buff) at times too during the Piken match ups. Both servers were stacked and both ended up facing the same problems on different borders.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

As long as bandwagoning is tolerated [etc]

Did you see the devs’ idea for WvW “New Worlds”?

How do they expect new worlds to be a solution without big changes to the transfer/bandwagon system?

I didn’t go through all the comments, only a few dev ones and afaict they would lock worlds only until people start moving to lower populated servers, which basically means returning to the old system.

No. The only possible solution would be to lock worlds permanently, merge them so we don’t have so many (unnecessarily) and to offer accounts to transfer only up to 3 times.

ANet however won’t agree to this because it would mean for them to lose money. Every transfer is paid. 1800 gems = over 20 EURO, you really think they’ll give that up?

I don’t think so. Not with a F2P model.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

reddie.5861

To be fair FSP was bad before SFR players transfered there. I still remember when siegerazer kidd ink outplayed enemies 1 vs 4 situations in tier 1, while FSP was still in tier 100 or something.

in all honestly i have been on SFR..

4?5? years ago (doesnt really matter) i decided FoW just didnt fit my style anymore for WvW, so like every bandwagon i wanted sfr/deso dunno why i went sfr but i was so sad i blown all this gems on a server that in my eyes was WORSE then FoW.
it took me 2 or 3 days to leave for FSP and i never regret that move.

FSP mind set was completely different to SFR
Fsp when i came never really went after the crappy PPT all they wanted was fights they would slam on ur doors on garri just to make you port so we had fights no1 had intention to take ur garri..

thats why i liked FSP more then SFR, sfr did nothing but trying to dominate by PPT they didnt go for the fights.
i dont think FSP give many SFR commanders a warm welcome so i dunno what your on about. Yes nowadays i barely play but from what i have seen most FSP players are cursing at SFR people for whatever reason for me it doesnt matter where u played or why u came to other server but when i see the chat i wouldnt feel welcome as a SFR player.

As for t1 or t2 or t3 (think fsp was always t3)
again i have to admit when FSP wanted to push for T1 they easily did it.
That week we was T1 i didnt even play, Deso/SFR never give fights they deffend their stuff but on open maps they avoid everything like a plague so i never liked FSP being T1 server so it doesnt matter that FSP was tire 100 in your eyes tire 100 was with piken who was fighting like bosses also and some other server i forgot name off.

(edited by reddie.5861)

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Fsp when i came never really went after the crappy PPT all they wanted was fights they would slam on ur doors on garri just to make you port so we had fights no1 had intention to take ur garri..

True. Everytime we face FSP they take our garri and then 30v10 spawncamp/-gank us for hours each night. Great fun I can tell you!

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

reddie.5861

True. Everytime we face FSP they take our garri and then 30v10 spawncamp/-gank us for hours each night. Great fun I can tell you!

fsp isnt fsp anymore for long time lol.
pre HoT fsp wasnt giving a kitten about PPT i didnt play for a while when hot got released and what is left of FSP now is not much to what it was commander wise.
people come and go but the commanders that did prefer fights over caps are mostly gone.

dunno when u got spawn camped i have been fighting in garri’s ye but commander was saying on TS to not kill lord or not cap it just to get more loot bags comming.

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

It usually changes once every 3-4 months anyway, depending on where the bandwagon stops. Right now it’s probably FSP.

Caissech / Falásya

Best fighting EU server

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I would say that Desolation + Vabbi together is as strong fighting server as FSP. Right now the Kills per Deaths (KDR) count is 1.4 for both at:
http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups

Of course KDR is just one metric and generally favors blobbing. I can assure you that besides the zergs, Desolation has plenty of roamers and players who just don’t want to stick to tag. This has been typical for Desolation already for as long as I remember (3.5 years).

If you play primarily in prime time and want to be part of a massive organized blob, FSP is probably the best choice in EU. The French servers have massive blobs as well, but especially the Vizunah blobs are often very low quality and die in first push or just run away. If you want to play on a server, which has a good night time and off time coverage and roamers as well, Desolation is a better choice.

Desolation will probably never be the most tightly organized server in EU (well, in early 2013 Desolation was very tightly organized with [IRON] etc. stewarding it). Often the commander will have to wait excessive time to get barely anyone into TeamSpeak and a lot of players just do what they want to do. A lot of commanders don’t even bother with TS anymore. But there is a lot of popular PuGmander commanders. Even that Ins guy, who said he would quit GW2, is back.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]