Best prof to play for lazy, unskilled people?

in WvW

Posted by: Ettanin.8271

Ettanin.8271

15 Charrs say it’s warrior.

in WvW

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

So funny to see the majority pointing warrior as the easiest class to play WvW with group/zerg while it’s the hardest of all, unless your only job is hitting #4 and #5 off-hand warhorn.

To play the warrior class as it was meant to be in WvW, you gonna need some serious practice that requires a long time to get used to, from placement on the field for damage to smartness for survivability, not even counting lots and lots of thoughts and tries to make the right build to combine damage/crit and defense.

The right choice for you Victor is Guardian staff/sword+shield or gs.

lol, don’t play ranger mate, even Shakespeare suggests you to not to do this “Pray you avoid it.”.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I dun think gs will ever be a good option for zerging other then taggin with gs3, however if you want to tag, axe5 is better at it.
Hammer and healshout + defy pain is probably the most forgiving setup you can run. If you need more defense, run sword + shield for shield stance block.

Arcing Slice is about to become an AoE that does 2/3 the damage of the one of the hardest hitting attacks in the game. While it won’t replace ?/WH for shout builds it is a great weapon for DPS zerg warrior builds. Those two extra targets are going to be even better for might generating builds. Outside of zergs GS warriors are going to have a near Evis spike damager which is great for roaming and skirmish.

Currently off hand axe is useless. The attacks deal less damage than the mainhand axe base attack. Even post patch it will barely be comparable to main hand axe damage. Currently there is no reason to use the axe in the offhand especially when the warhorn is an incredibly good option.

well to be honest, my experience with GS on the warrior is – great for single target. rubbish for multi target (cleave).

While Arching Slice will indeed be close to 100b damage, it will only be so against foes with less then 50% HP. This is important to remember, because A; with the change to adrenaline, you will waste your entire burst if you get blinded/they got aegis. B; you need to single out a target with less then 50% HP, most importantly, you need to get in range of said target (from my understanding of the stream, Arching Slice range isn’t getting any improvements, which means it is small).

These two factors are crucial to the “viability” of GS. While it is a very potent weapon, it lacks both the control options and raw AA DPS of hammer. As a matter of fact, both weapons have the same attack speed.

With the change to adrenaline, losing it if missing, and the lower damage on Whirlwind Attack, i simply do not find a reasonable incentive to use the GS at all.

Axe offhand serves two purposes. It is undeniably the fastest way to build adrenaline, and with the added damage boost, you will be able to deal some respectable numbers.
If running sword mainhand, you get Final Thrust, which is a slightly worse version of Arching Slice, but it costs no adrenaline to use, thus if you miss, it is not the end of your adrenal health regen.

To be perfectly honest, power LB combustive shot will probably be more menacing then Arching Slice in zerg settings. In smaller groups/roaming, the GS will certainly be formidable though.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Guardian staff/sword+shield

Um..

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Warrior, maybe thief.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

well to be honest, my experience with GS on the warrior is – great for single target. rubbish for multi target (cleave).

GS with the proper trait adds might for each critical hit. I can get 20 stacks of might in 1v1 and 25 with 2+ enemies without needing party buffs. GS also comes pre-equipped with two speed burst skills one of which deals damage while evading and the other is a long range run. Then we have HB which is highly situational but devastating since it builds adrenal, might (given the right build) and when fully channeled is one of the hardest hitting attacks in the game. It even comes with a ranged cripple for running people down and is brilliant with Mobile Strikes. The weapon screams utility but isn’t as group friendly as the warhorn.

The only thing that sucks about GS currently is Arcing Slice. When paired with a hammer it lacks a non-channeled alpha strike. After the patch a warrior should be able to clock some players for near 8k when they drop below 50% and they won’t be able to teleport, stun break their way away from it. They will also be able to proc Cleansing Ire while on the GS which is something rarely worth it before.

The damage nerfs to this weapon are slight and hardly noticeable. The upgrade to Arcing Slice will make being near a GS warrior when hurt dangerous.

As for the Axe offhand, it is near worthless in WvW in its current state (remember it is 50% stronger in sPvP). The main hand attack deals about 10 attacks in the same time frame as Axe5 and the total DPS is higher.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Guardian 15chars

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Thief / PUMesmer

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

So funny to see the majority pointing warrior as the easiest class to play WvW with group/zerg while it’s the hardest of all, unless your only job is hitting #4 and #5 off-hand warhorn.

To play the warrior class as it was meant to be in WvW, you gonna need some serious practice that requires a long time to get used to, from placement on the field for damage to smartness for survivability, not even counting lots and lots of thoughts and tries to make the right build to combine damage/crit and defense.

We are still talking about Guild Wars 2 right?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

You should totally go for elementalist

Only not, Ele in WvW is anything but.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

So funny to see the majority pointing warrior as the easiest class to play WvW with group/zerg while it’s the hardest of all, unless your only job is hitting #4 and #5 off-hand warhorn..

Hardest of all? You’ve got to be kidding. I would certainly agree there is a huge different between a bad zerg warrior that doesn’t do much besides 1 spam and maybe cycle horn skills, and a good player that gets the most DPS and stuns out of the build, but there’s no way it’s harder than a necro or staff ele. The latter two have to ground target far more skills to maximize their damage, and have far more active use skills that require decision making on when, where, and how to use. Plus they have to make more decisions on individual positioning. and surviving gank focus when that’s a factor.

As for guardian vs. warrior in zerg difficulty, that’s hard to say. Guardians have a few more skills to actively use and longer cool downs on the x-factor skills like bind / ward, but they also can have 1 or 2 two panic buttons to block / invuln out of sticky situations, and have a laughable amount of personal sustain when traited to AH.

Oh sorry I didn’t mean to say the hardest of all, I should put as one of the hardest of all. The laughable amount of personal sustain is working as intended.

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

That depends, yes if you understand the difference between playing easy and paying well, or maybe playing with unskilled enemies and playing with a challenge, if not it could be any game.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

You should totally go for elementalist

Only not, Ele in WvW is anything but.

…..Best-prof-to-play-for-lazy-unskilled-people

:D

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

That depends, yes if you understand the difference between playing easy and paying well, or maybe playing with unskilled enemies and playing with a challenge, if not it could be any game.

You can apply that to any class, and still, the warrior is the easiest of all.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

the heavy classes are extremely easy to play

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

PU mesmer perma regen/protection it’s easy mode

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

Sure you can, but you asked if I’m talking about gw2 still and I just answered you. You have an opinion about warrior class I have my, end of story.

in WvW

Posted by: ykon.8214

ykon.8214

You cant go wrong with a power wellomancer+staff (necro)

Venom Lilith , Necromancer , SFR

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

yes you can. If you get left behind by the zerg you are free meat.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

yes you can. If you get left behind by the zerg you are free meat.

Too true.

Warriors require VERY little skill to succeed in getting away, but necros on the other hand NEED to always be aware of their surroundings.

As the others have said a warrior with great sword/sword/war horn is the very definition of easy mode in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: RuneCrimson.7380

RuneCrimson.7380

What does 15char mean? Cause I cannot find that anywhere.

{Knights of Revengence} [KoR-Lord]
“Nothing is true! Everything is Permitted!”

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

What does 15char mean? Cause I cannot find that anywhere.

It means that 15 char were sacrificed in the posting of the reply, the had to give up a “r” in the sacrifice. /s

Seriously it just means you need to post a minimum of 15 characters or you cannot post a reply. Those that post “15 char” are just using that as a space filler to reach the 15 character limit.

HTH

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

In zerg all classes are easy.
Warrior are easier than guardian. I don’t know how it will be after the new patch.
Ele and necro are even more easy. Stay away spam aoe, gg.

GWEN meta, you know. You have to play more focused to have the same utility with other classes.

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Sure you can, but you asked if I’m talking about gw2 still and I just answered you. You have an opinion about warrior class I have my, end of story.

I didn’t ask you, was another user. BTW, is not about of opinion, is a fact, warrior can be set with all auto (stability, condi clearing, endure pain), and a lot of immunities TWICE!, and its heavy, and high tier health (18k), and have a lot of health regen AND mobility. Nothing more easy than that.

(edited by urieldhynne.2743)

in WvW

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

Even more easy is to stay away from danger and spam AoE. Everyone can tell that staff eles and necros can grab a lot of drop and actually they can just spam some aoe skills.
Of course you can also stick to bow warrior, but it’s not the same.
Plus necros have a lot of hp. Both necros and eles are hard to kill (try to catch me).
If your zerg lose, doesn’t matter the class. If the fight it’s at least fair, a long range class will let you do your job really easy.

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Even more easy is to stay away from danger and spam AoE. Everyone can tell that staff eles and necros can grab a lot of drop and actually they can just spam some aoe skills.
Of course you can also stick to bow warrior, but it’s not the same.
Plus necros have a lot of hp. Both necros and eles are hard to kill (try to catch me).
If your zerg lose, doesn’t matter the class. If the fight it’s at least fair, a long range class will let you do your job really easy.

Actually vs good guilds or in servers where the wvw is hard that is not true. A lot of gank squad around, a lot of zerker thief and mesmer hunting that glassy eles and necros. If you play a nuker you need a lot of awareness and knowledge/skill to get out of that situation alive.

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

I didn’t ask you, was another user. BTW, is not about of opinion, is a fact, warrior can be set with all auto (stability, condi clearing, endure pain), and a lot of immunities TWICE!, and its heavy, and high tier health (18k), and have a lot of health regen AND mobility. Nothing more easy than that.

Sorry about the confusing. Ok it’s not about of opinion, is a fact, end of story.

in WvW

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Sorry about the confusing. Ok it’s not about of opinion, is a fact, end of story.

What are you smoking warrior is brain dead easy basically faceroll the keyboard and you can be helpful to you team. You cant do that on many other classes because most of the defense are active. Warrior is so passive you dont need to heal with sigent, you dont even need to dodge just tank the damage and spam skill is so easy everyone know its fact. Sorry if you get offended because you main warrior but thats the way things are atm.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in WvW

thiagoperne.7340

What are you smoking warrior is brain dead easy basically faceroll the keyboard and you can be helpful to you team. You cant do that on many other classes because most of the defense are active. Warrior is so passive you dont need to heal with sigent, you dont even need to dodge just tank the damage and spam skill is so easy everyone know its fact. Sorry if you get offended because you main warrior but thats the way things are atm.

I totally understand your way to think, but you can write a book about this and still wont change my opinion, and I am sorry you get offended because you disagree with me, but that’s the way things are atm too.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

So funny to see the majority pointing warrior as the easiest class to play WvW with group/zerg while it’s the hardest of all

That was a good one. You should do comedy.

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Btw a well builded staff guardian is the easyest

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: maeggle.6021

maeggle.6021

Yesterday I picked my warrior after not touching it for almost half a year… Roamed with my shout support build and joined some zerg fights from time to time. It’s just stupid how easy some warrior builds are to play effectively, if your enemy is not really on top of her / his game. It’s really straight-forward and easy to play, and it ultimately has a lower skill ceiling than most other builds.
When on my ele or guardian, I always (have to) pay attention not only to foes and my boon flow, but also on my allies – Boonsharing, healing and identifying windows of opportunities require at least some attention on anything. On my warrior, I just shout, blast and CC all day long without really needing to pay attention. Warrior is really the get-go for Zerg-Play in WvW imho. (That said: I can defeat most warriors on every main char of mine in high level play – they aren’t really overpowered. Just very efficient on lower skill levels)

Kodash [DE] – Ninja Nurse Rescue Squad [care] – Elementalist
A landing you can walk away from just wasn’t fast enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Guardian are the most versatile in my opinion. Good team support and survivability. Can go full survival, support or just full dps. Guardian is also in a good spot in all game modes if you feel like you want to try them from time to time.

Melder – Thief

in WvW

urieldhynne.2743

Guardian are the most versatile in my opinion. Good team support and survivability. Can go full survival, support or just full dps. Guardian is also in a good spot in all game modes if you feel like you want to try them from time to time.

Idk why the ppl think that warrior has not support abilities. The warrior has as many support capability as a guardian and more offensively.

5 banners, Shouts, condi removal with horn traited, swiftness, vigor, might, etc. And has a lot more hard CC and a lot of immobilization with leg specialist, fast weapon swap (5s) for horn support. You can go self survival CC machine, support oriented or high damage like a Guardian.

Warrior have a LOT more versatility than a guardian. Warrior has conditions and real range options, Guardian don’t.