Best server for a newbie? EU

in WvW

Posted by: Teagan.5140

Teagan.5140

So I am looking for a nice and noob friendly WvW community. Which server (EU tier) can you recommend? Rank doesn’t matter. Right now I just see all these servers and I have no idea how to even start.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

in WvW

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

I think every tier will be good except first and last tier.

in WvW

Posted by: Kungsmurfen.2861

Kungsmurfen.2861

Atm FoW and BT could use some more players.

Underworld – [ZERK]

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I think it would be best to find a Server that has Community Guilds running, or find a nice casual/semi hc WvW guild who are happy to show you the ropes.
Like FSP, Deso, Piken or even Gandara in Gold, I’m not sure below that.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Piken square. You’ ll enjoy it

in WvW

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

I just bought a second account to play on eu instead of na and I went pikens and don’t regret it.

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I started out in FoW and it was a very good server for beginners. The higher end servers are more a bandwagon and zerg server. I would also would go for the lower ones to start.

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Piken Square has an in overall nice community.

I don’t regret it moving from Far Shiverpeaks to Piken.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I started out in FoW and it was a very good server for beginners. The higher end servers are more a bandwagon and zerg server. I would also would go for the lower ones to start.

Being in T9 and fighting both those servers and seeing how few people they have and how little there is to do there almost has me in tears of sadness. I cannot in good faith recommend joining any server in T8 or T9 even for a newbie.

Outside of prime time you either outnumber your enemy so much you steamroll or they outnumber you and steamroll you or in the case of T9 there’s maybe 5 enemies in WvW and you’re lucky if you see another soul outside of EB. Prime time is usually a bit better but it’s nothing spectacular, there will only be 2 or 3 groups running around all 4 maps.

My advise would be go to mid silver or higher, I know a lot of people in Aurora Glade and Gunnars Hold and they always say there’s fights to be had. You’ll find harder opponents but then it will be better in the long run.

Edit: I can’t recommend T8 and T9 as WvW currently is, with no incentive to move down outside of just wanting a drastically reduced population. There are no merits, no bonuses or anything like that for being on the low coverage/population servers.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Sfr have megablobs. Deso/piken/fsp have nice guild groups and community commanders.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sfr have megablobs. Deso/piken/fsp have huge guild blobs that blob with zone blob.

fixed. 40 man warrior Guardian blob is nice guild group nowadays.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I keep looking for this fabled megablob on SFR’s servers but apart from Saturday and Sunday afternoons for a couple hours when the world and it’s dog join wvw, it’s proving quite hard to find.

I did manage to join one 30 man ‘megablob’ last night at 10.30pm….

Last time I checked deso’s queues for wvw were bigger than ours, and they didn’t have 20-30 people afk at spawn in EB or SFR with no guild tag (checked with my deso account).

Every server will claim the same thing ‘the other server blobs’ ‘we have to blob because they do’etc, so choose one and try it for a while.

Better yet, buy 3 or 4 accounts while they cheap and join different servers, try them out, then play the one that suits you best- but make sure you play during the week, weekends are very different to the rest of the week.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

There is not more Blob on SFR as in any other T1/T2 Server the last 3 days there was only a queue on EB with 50 all other Borderlands had no queue.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]