Beta Weekend and Pips?

Beta Weekend and Pips?

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Question.
How will the beta weekend in WvW affect your progress through the tiers for WvW claim tickets?
Will it be the same with the HoT test weekends where you essentially have a clone of your account for the beta slots and any progress made does not affect your real account?

Any insight is helpful, thank you.

Draeyon.

Beta Weekend and Pips?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Its really quite simple.

If WvW is available in demo mode and you are playing on a demo character slot, nothing will be saved. Otherwise if elite become available on your normal characters, it should be like normal.

Beta Weekend and Pips?

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Its really quite simple.

If WvW is available in demo mode and you are playing on a demo character slot, nothing will be saved. Otherwise if elite become available on your normal characters, it should be like normal.

What he said ^

Personally I will just test elites out in pvp instead, despite WvW being my main game mode, the thought of a precursor dropping puts me off playing any content with loot, for the same reason I skipped the last demo weekend completely. I had 3 precursors drop in the first 2 years of the game, but none since, if one dropped during a demo I would prob want to uninstall.

Beta Weekend and Pips?

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

My guess is even if you get loot with your demo char, increase in tiers and in your reward track, everything will be lost eventually. That’s how PvE works. The only thing that’ll remain is the points you awarded your server, supposing they don’t clone them either. (I doubt they will)

Its really quite simple.

What he said ^

Personally I will just test elites out in pvp instead, despite WvW being my main game mode, the thought of a precursor dropping puts me off playing any content with loot, for the same reason I skipped the last demo weekend completely. I had 3 precursors drop in the first 2 years of the game, but none since, if one dropped during a demo I would prob want to uninstall.

That would be the perfect troll demo beta feature ! Please ANet, for next XPac, just make every demo toon drop a precursor each time something big is done. That’d be so much fun !!!