Beta = fail

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

Dear Anet and WVW developers,

WTH? 4 weeks in a row.. DH + FC vs SF+NSP vs EBAY+HOD. You realize that FC is a pve server right? they contiribute 5 ppl per map at any given time? And this week in eotm, AGAIN, you placed all the latin servers with DH, Maguuma, and YB… seriously what in the living hell are you thinking? I’m not mad because we are persistently facin 3:1 to 8:1 odds, i’,m ,mad because I imagined the Devs at ANET actually participated in making hte game good. So i understand your intent… have everyone xfer to tier 1 that wants to wvw, is that about right?

Wishing you would find the unemployment line,
Caius.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Sweet Sanity.8593

Sweet Sanity.8593

FC is not a pve server. We avoid the maps DH is on because you guys are toxic and intolerable

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Why is Darkhaven only matched up with servers with 4-5 times their numbers? Why does ArenaNet do this? I don’t understand the logic of their matching system. It appears they don’t understand how to do fair match-ups.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

umm matchup is 10-11-12 with a 173 gap to 9th. this is likely the only matchup you will see until a re-link…. the linkings were bad and will remain bad for 3 months…..

Jump aboard the ET bandwagon like so many have done…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

FC is not a pve server. We avoid the maps DH is on because you guys are toxic and intolerable

^^ This. DH = baby YB since times immemorial.

Anyways, the beta did not fail because it isn’t a beta of population balance issues, though it affects them to a large extent, but a beta of server merger mechanics, hence it is successful.

The next big update which will address scoring system and mechanics will also affect population imbalances a great deal, hopefully, make them a lot less relevant then they are currently.

Then A-Net can focus on actual population balance, super matching servers, etc., once these other underlying systems are in place.

It will unfortunately be a long time before that happens as it really is a lot of work.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Necro mej.2679

Necro mej.2679

It is a fail, we play on piken and 90% of the time we are outnumbered. We are Lucky we can get 5 ppl to take back a tower now and then. Just 1 hour per day having even numbers because deso or kod are busy with eachother. We keep getting matched with deso. And we can not get those numbers, they have just as many player on 1 bl as we can gather in all the maps.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Just bad luck I think. Other pairings have worked much better.

EotM in particular is luck. ANet doesn’t choose the matchups there, it’s partly server rankings and mostly random numbers. (Choosing the matchups would just lead to even more whining.)

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Necro mej.2679

Necro mej.2679

Anet should take a look at what they have done, come check piken right now. Its a Saturday and we got 1 camp on eb. 2 towers on our home bl and thats it. 3 weeks in a row the number of players have decreased because of this.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: lil devils x.6071

lil devils x.6071

Anet should take a look at what they have done, come check piken right now. Its a Saturday and we got 1 camp on eb. 2 towers on our home bl and thats it. 3 weeks in a row the number of players have decreased because of this.

They really need to change HOW they choose the pairings is the biggest issue. If they looked at the actual timezone coverage and paired servers, even up to 3 if necessary to be able to provide all around coverage, instead of merging servers that are busy at the same time. This should have been chosen by coverage not by position. In addition, the larger servers should not have been paired at all if they have full coverage already.

This should have been a way to balance servers off hour coverage rather than make it worse like they did.

[KILL]Killing Tiers Leader [TOON] Toons of Terror Leader [NEWS This Just In Leader
WvW / PVP ONLY

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Wow, DH compared to YB is a first I’ve seen, but we enjoy the match ups that we have and the other servers don’t outnumber us horribly but there is a difference in timezone for each server. DH is a friendly but unique server.

Server linking has not failed but could be improved. There is nightly action on most maps when 3 months ago it was dead.

Also most DH guilds don’t know how to use AC’s

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

Not for nothing but I love the matchups. Ive noticed that what we are up against is not so much a failure of servers we fight but a failure of people not knowing how to use their skills, their builds and join together as a team. What ive also noticed is that all servers have been blobby including NSP and DH and unfortunately you think your outnumbered because of the failure of skills. HOD has been going against blobs every week and yet as a server and the merge we come together as ONE big team and can wipe out the blobs against us.

Im not saying no server is better than the other but what I am saying if your merging servers come together and work together you can have some awesome fights.

Anet thank you for the merge, it is wonderful. Start getting along with the fellow merging servers thats the only way your server will work.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Bottom of the leaderboard will always be the bottom of the leaderboard.

Weakest, least populace server(s) sink. That’s the leaderboard’s job.

It’s working.

You can’t have four tiers of 12 servers all perfectly balanced to each other’s strengths and weaknesses.

There is not and will not be a significant enough ruleset to enforce that on WvW teams. Bet on it.

Beta = Success

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

Bottom of the leaderboard will always be the bottom of the leaderboard.

Weakest, least populace server(s) sink. That’s the leaderboard’s job.

It’s working.

You can’t have four tiers of 12 servers all perfectly balanced to each other’s strengths and weaknesses.

There is not and will not be a significant enough ruleset to enforce that on WvW teams. Bet on it.

Beta = Success

If population balance wasn’t the goal of server linking why was it advertised as such?

If it doesn’t solve the balance problem then why do we need it at all?

The only thing that has changed with the linking is that the maps are more crowded leading to more blob fight activity. IF that was the goal, then yes Beta=Success.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

Let me see if i can clarify in an example of what the ANET has done for 3 years… or not done more precisiely:

EXAMPLE 1: You enter PVP… you wait a couple minute and boom, you’re on a map. its you and one other person, the match starts and they have five. that is anet wvw.

EXAMPLE 2: You enter pvp, its you and four other people, thay have 4 but 3 have gone afk. You win… big ******ing deal. That is anet WVW.

As long as anet refuses to use a map que system where a map will open or close dpeending on its population, ANET WVW will be something for casuals and new ppl who become overly sensitive at the frustration of wvw players.

Think anet…. just think about what you have done and ask why only 20% of you game population is satisfied with WVW and 40% more are in a state of frustration because we hope or imagine that one morning we’ll log and you have fixed the one and only issue that ruins wvw…. utterly imbalance on 80% of your servers. Make WVW que like PVP or make pvp maps to hold 20-40 ppl each team.

PS: Please fire the director or brain power that is behind the decision making for wvw… they are grossly incompetent or placating their boss instead of the players.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: kandle.2367

kandle.2367

Since this thread originated from T4:
The server linkings have added much to wvw activity IMO. NSP & SF complement each other in many ways including extended hours with ppl on the maps.. We play well together w/o a lot of politics which I have witnessed on other servers- and I have been around. The main problem is tz coverage imbalance which gives HOD/Ebay an advantage. But, that aside, WVW has been a more enjoyable experience. Both servers work together for a common experience & goal.
BTW- DH has come in second in 2 of the 4 weeks from what I remember. Think that fact speaks for itself regarding population & the constantly “outnumbered” scenario. We all have our up & down times.
And, finally, I don’t believe the majority of us thought that we would be facing BG LOL It’s the nature of the beast at present that the T4 servers will be getting way too familiar with each other until the scoring changes or other things on the horizon.

Beta = fail

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

If population balance wasn’t the goal of server linking why was it advertised as such?

What are you expecting ArenaNet to do? Even more forcibly remove everyone from every server and reposition them in a 1:1 distribution with all factors considered?

If it doesn’t solve the balance problem then why do we need it at all?

It helped. Are you going to boycot asprin because it only lessens a headache where an opioid would entirely numb the pain?

The only thing that has changed with the linking is that the maps are more crowded leading to more blob fight activity. IF that was the goal, then yes Beta=Success.

Beta = Success

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.