Big WvW overhaul later this year...

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

LOL.

One freaking year after HOT release to update WvW? Unacceptable. They wouldnt leave things like this broken in PvE or sPvP.

I

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

RIP WvW, so sad to see Anet putting no effort into this gamemode.

Looks like I won’t be playing the game for quite a while.

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

The squad changes sound nice for wvw tho.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Yea thats it for me. Off to a game that focus and support us WvW players. If u said Jan26 WvW gets it overhaul maybe u save some now u just KILLED it…

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It’s to be expected, we used to get masteries and WvW Seasons as new ‘features’.
Fixing population and Scoring, is going to take alot of change, they’ve known all the issues since the last CDI in 2014 (I think), hopefully the beta is around Spring/summer and not too late, cause communities are going to die.

And hopefully they actually bring some Balancing of Classes to wvw, if they allow CoR to be untouched, the current meta is gonna make even more players quit.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

It’s just disgusting.
By the time they finish the overhaul there will be no players left, they will jump to another game. After 2 years i don’t see myself playing the this kind of WvW for 3 months more. Something will appear.

in WvW

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

So the “major overhaul” coming after the next expansion?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sounds like the good time to take a break from this game mode. I think I’ll be back “later this year”, more on this in the coming months…

It shouldn’t take 1 year to merge servers and improve rewards, it takes 2 weeks at most with a full competent team. Then if you want to change more things please go ahead, but make the game enjoyable first. Someone up there is just incapable of making the right decision for this game mode; they’re probably making a super complicated system that will dissolve things further instead of just doing the obvious and merging the servers in alliances with a campaign system like ESO.

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

It’s just disgusting.
By the time they finish the overhaul there will be no players left, they will jump to another game. After 2 years i don’t see myself playing the this kind of WvW for 3 months more. Something will appear.

Yeah. Even if the overhaul is GREAT (and i doubt that), later 2016 will be to late. If they rly had something great for us they would present it at least to some whiteknight streamers. I rly doubt that they have more than the changes from the holliday preview.
I expect “later 2016” will turn out as end of 2016
I’m so tired of chasing the carrot.
I log in to Gw2, do my dailys and every day passing by i become more and more reluctand to do evenb this little thing.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

I just went back and re-read it, this is the part that I still dont understand:

“Over the years, Guild Wars 2 has built up a wide variety of content and feature types. 2016 is the year where we’ll be focusing on the parts of Guild Wars 2 that have been most successful and giving our full attention to those areas by adding depth to them. This means a focus on new content and polish for our existing, successful parts of the game. Though our big overhaul for World vs. World is still not ready for prime time, all other parts of the game are at a point where we can focus entirely on polishing the systems we have and continuing to add new content via live updates and our next expansion.”

Is anet trying to say WvW is the least “successful” part of GW2, that’s why “other parts of the game are at a point where we can focus entirely on polishing” is because WvW is just right above the dungeon contents in terms of profit for ANet?

in WvW

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

Thank you, Colin. Finally you post that your team is not able to understand WvW players and make WvW a game mode your players want to play. So we can move now. Good luck with ruining it futher until it finally dies.

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

WvW just ___________________flatlined

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

blyat, I already uninstalled this crap. Who the kitten will wait for you that long?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

RIP WvW.
Time to work on my 50% w/l ratio in pvp.

VoxL, NSPPT

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

WvW just ___________________flatlined

By ruining Dungeons and WvW they managed to irritate both the WvW and PvE community. Strangely with dungeon it was just 1 single bad decision while with WvW it was the lack of decisions as well as bad decisions made over the span of 3 years.

Also let’s remember when it all started to go down: When they removed the WvW matchups forums.

Even if they fix WvW “later this year” many of my friends have left for other games and aren’t coming back.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

So WvW, my favorite part of the game, won’t have an attempted fix until later this year (if that).

With that in mind, are there other games out there that have a good form of WvW? The only one with which I’m somewhat familiar is ESO.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

It would seem that they would “WANT” to add some type of player driven event or concede to replace the home bl’s with the alpine maps until these changes are “closer to beta”
At this point they are literally just making the magic eight ball look like a divine sage.
Question: Are all the white knights right, will wvw really be a focus after HoT?
Magic 8 Ball: no dummy
Question: Will they at least acknowledge past mistakes and make a show of good faith by addressing the major concerns of current wvw soon.
Magic 8 Ball: lmfao
Question: will they..
Magic 8 Ball: NO NO NO NO NO

in WvW

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

They cant be serious.. right?
How can they work for OVER a year at the overhaul and still need so much time after HoT to finish it?! Cant they see WvW gamemode is slipping out of their hands?
My god… I dont understand Anets thoughtprocess at all. Are they really that understaffed?!

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

in WvW

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

One word Bois.. CROWFALL… Bois.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Well…

anet just admit that they spent 3 years not polishing the game, lol.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: ImLegion.4018

ImLegion.4018

Time to plan my departure from wvw. Thank you Anet.

Piken Square

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Are they really that understaffed?!

Probably, I doubt they would pay full programmers for a year for no results. All we’ve heard from is 1 WvW dev (Devon) and he left the company. I would guess that since he left they have 1 new guy trying to figure out his code.

My feeling is that if they would have dome something they would have at the bare minimum a screenshot to show in a new year blog.

in WvW

Posted by: FallenTear.3710

FallenTear.3710

Anet want Esport , guys. Deal with it : (

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

How can they work for OVER a year at the overhaul and still need so much time after HoT to finish it?! Cant they see WvW gamemode is slipping out of their hands?
My god… I dont understand Anets thoughtprocess at all. Are they really that understaffed?!

My guess is that when they saw the reaction to the new WvW maps that came with HoT it was back to the drawing board and whatever progress they made over the last year has at least partially been scrapped.

BG

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

Anet want Esport , guys. Deal with it : (

They don’t seem to have much luck with that either.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

About a year+ off in its own right.

You guys want to hear about what going to happen but when your faces with the really of what your asking for and the time to make it work this is how you guys react i can see why they give no info most of the time. Read just read how you guys react to any new things and ask your self why dont they add new things in.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I`m not sure about crowfall, but I am certainly keeping an interested eye on Camelot Unchained.

in WvW

Kanebrake.6192

You guys want to hear about what going to happen but when your faces with the really of what your asking for and the time to make it work this is how you guys react i can see why they give no info most of the time. Read just read how you guys react to any new things and ask your self why dont they add new things in.

They just got done telling us they’ve been working on it for a year. What kind of reaction do you expect when someone tells you’ve they’ve been doing something for a year and then comes along and tells you it isn’t ready? Think about that for a moment. A year is a LONG TIME to be working on something and have nothing to show for it.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

Simple answer, Anet want WvW to fail!

They never liked it and the devs who made it have all left. The rest have no idea and see it as a pain to deal with. Better to let it die than do anything.

We waited 3 whole years for new maps, and even when the testers told them the new maps werent good, anet still didnt listen.
They didnt tell us Devon Carver left, they didnt tell us who, if anyone, has taken over his role.
They claim they have been working on WvW for over a year, and now they tell us it will take another year?!

Sorry but enough is enough!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Buy Some Apples.6390

Buy Some Apples.6390

My guess is that when they saw the reaction to the new WvW maps that came with HoT it was back to the drawing board and whatever progress they made over the last year has at least partially been scrapped.

Nope, the new maps can be rescued.

IF AND ONLY IF THE kittenERS LISTEN TO US!

Complained about WvW before it became cool.
I used to be a PvE player like you, then I played Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Theres always one that still defends them.. even when its already over. Anet lost, wvw is already dead – look around you and compare it to videos from two years ago.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: DoctorWunderbar.5037

DoctorWunderbar.5037

The problem is, we havent been told whats going to happen. All WvW players have been given is “BIG Overhaul soon”. No details or ideas what that might include, not even a tease. Just a statement of “soon”.

And im tired of this argument of players being the “spoiled child” when asking for basic things. Just because someone might say something mean, you are going to not do you job of improving the game and adding content? Asking to see or hear what someone has been working on for a year+ isn’t asking too much, especially if a company is trying to give you a “we’re actively listening to your feedback” line every time their lack of communication is brought up.

in WvW

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

That is like saying we can still rescue smallpox and polio

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They just got done telling us they’ve been working on it for a year. What kind of reaction do you expect when someone tells you’ve they’ve been doing something for a year and then comes along and tells you it isn’t ready? Think about that for a moment. A year is a LONG TIME to be working on something and have nothing to show for it.

Well the first thing they work on was season then EotM then the new BL so they have been adding things to wvw good or bad. Its like you think there IS something better out there to be playing but GW2 is the only good rvr that we have that has been over all good. Yes there are other games coming up that are “pure” rvr but we do not have them yet and making clams about them is foolish to say the least becuse ppl realy do not know and cant know how its going to work out.

Are you sure that your not just tired of RvR as a game type? For the most part RvR in NA do not work out ya they are fun for a time but the major guilds burn out becuse its a 24hr game type that no one can keep playing forever at that rate. This problem with rvr in NA is worst if the game is just RvR the operating cost to ppl playing alone keeps this game type from becoming a big mmorpg type.

Any way how are you worst off then you where before in wvw having read this? Look they could of waited till the last min to tell us something was going to be added there 3 months or even 1 week before the update. Are you realy going to cause black lash for them giving out info. Do you punishing some one for doing something you want them to do? A year can be long yes but a year with no info is even longer.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

Piken Square

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

The problem is, we havent been told whats going to happen. All WvW players have been given is “BIG Overhaul soon”. No details or ideas what that might include, not even a tease. Just a statement of “soon”.

And im tired of this argument of players being the “spoiled child” when asking for basic things. Just because someone might say something mean, you are going to not do you job of improving the game and adding content? Asking to see or hear what someone has been working on for a year+ isn’t asking too much, especially if a company is trying to give you a “we’re actively listening to your feedback” line every time their lack of communication is brought up.

They never said “soon”, they said “later this year”. It could be next November for all we know.

in WvW

ImLegion.4018

Well the first thing they work on was season then EotM then the new BL so they have been adding things to wvw good or bad. Its like you think there IS something better out there to be playing but GW2 is the only good rvr that we have that has been over all good. Yes there are other games coming up that are “pure” rvr but we do not have them yet and making clams about them is foolish to say the least becuse ppl realy do not know and cant know how its going to work out.

Are you sure that your not just tired of RvR as a game type? For the most part RvR in NA do not work out ya they are fun for a time but the major guilds burn out becuse its a 24hr game type that no one can keep playing forever at that rate. This problem with rvr in NA is worst if the game is just RvR the operating cost to ppl playing alone keeps this game type from becoming a big mmorpg type.

Any way how are you worst off then you where before in wvw having read this? Look they could of waited till the last min to tell us something was going to be added there 3 months or even 1 week before the update. Are you realy going to cause black lash for them giving out info. Do you punishing some one for doing something you want them to do? A year can be long yes but a year with no info is even longer.

You didn’t get any info, cause they told you today what they have told you before.

“Beta” will be somewhere this year, so most likely the release of their overhaul will be with next expansion at €/$ 50 to 100 and hoping everyone will pay it happy again. Well not me.

Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

I’m utterly disappointed and quite saddened by this really. I love(d) WvW and now it is a ghost of its former self. I covered most of it in my interview but …… Just speechless.

How the kitten can it take so long to fix!?

Anet read very closely:

Give us back Alphine maps
Give us back Friday night reset

So we don’t have to play your god awful borderland maps for the next 8+ months before you then release a WvW overhaul patch that will break more than it fixes and then we all leave anyway. Do they not realise there will be no-one left playing by the time they get around to finishing this patch.

Camelot unchained can’t come any sooner, in fact any game will probably be better than this. You had something truly wonderful and amazing Anet, you took it and twisted it, trampled on it and set alight to it and now we are left with a steaming pile of kitten – and are looking at ATLEAST 6 months until there are any major changes.

Enough is enough….

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

A farmer’s hoe is deadlier on the hands of a samurai than a samurai sword on the hands of a farmer…

GW2 is probably the MMO with the highest potential ever released but…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

in WvW

Posted by: Ringo.3406

Ringo.3406

I’m not a really good english speaker but, what I want to say is :
Shame on you A.net, shame on you for destroying the funniest game mode I ever played.

in WvW

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

we need boycott wvw and just nobody do it until they fix it !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

That’s infuriating. We went from it supposed to be releasing with HoT to later this year? Not even a general date?

Fun fact Anet, your game is 3 and a half years old – you’re not going to get any large influx of permanent players at this point, you need to wake up and realise that if you don’t do everything you can to keep what players you have then you’re throwing away the future for the game.

Your WvW players, though not as large as the other game modes, are some of your most dedicated players. It’s just sad to see such a great game mode thrown on the back burner.

Release changes sooner and in smaller chunks and improve it throughout the year, don’t wait until the end and release it at once when you’re risking losing a portion of your player base.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

we need boycott wvw and just nobody do it until they fix it !!!!

I thought people were doing that already. /ba dum tss

in WvW

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

No there need total boycott there lot guilds doing it.

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

RIP _________________________________________I hope BnS has at least some decent open world fighting.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: ZOLTAN.3415

ZOLTAN.3415

That’s it boys and girls. It’s over……final nail in the coffin.
Possibly 6+ months till they throw something out at us? Truly unbelievable.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Doom doom doom doom doom,
doom doom do DOOM,
DOOOM doom do-doom,
DOOM do-doom doom doooom,
doom doom dooom, do-do-DOOOM!

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So sad. Not unexpected at all.

Bolded quotes…

“WvW’s Big Update

As our competitive game director John Corpening discussed, we’re currently working on a large-scale overhaul to WvW that helps deal with core issues like population balance, scoring, rewards, and the need for 24-hour coverage.

We’ve focused a heavy amount of developer resources on this overhaul for WvW, and the team has been working hard for over a year now to solve these complicated issues. We may not be ready to reveal more in early 2016, but you’ll have an opportunity to get all the details and give feedback when we go into the beta phase of this massive project later this year. And as a brief reminder: WvW tournaments are currently on hold, but they’ll return once we’ve released this new format for WvW."

RIP GG NJ GF GLHF

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You cannot seriously believe at this point that they’re going to suddenly, out of the blue, start listening?