BlackTide hacker at WvW caught on tape!

in WvW

Posted by: Radagast.6271

Radagast.6271

Blacktide server Thief – hacker footage:
https://youtu.be/NjpAsYNA3iQ

Date: 21 july 2015
Time: 13:10~13:14 GMT

People are totally leave WvW because of high BlackTide hackers activity.
ArenaNet please do somthing about it.
He is invisible all the time, kill FoW and UW teleport through walls and get towers, keeps etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

How bored does one have to be to do this over and over and over and over again?

Ban this scum please.

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

On a completely worse level than the others…

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Only way this gets addressed is if:

1. someone has the b@lls to post how it is done or code/app
2. everyone stops playing on the servers it is more abused
3. more people start running the code/app

Honestly, the company doesn’t care and has higher priorities. Proof is the 23rd patch is still a mess and now the golem week rage. Any other company or wider spread issue and they would be all over it like stink on poo.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: jadaniel.4910

jadaniel.4910

There’s probably an hole somewhere in the map not really hacking as much as exploitation. Which would explain his invis. Notice where his pistol shots are coming from. Not from torso but underground. Also would explain him going through walls and such since there are none underground at least that’s my assumption. There have been previously patched holes in other WVW and PvE as well as PvP maps. Until someone comes up with the location and how to get there it’ll be very difficult for ANet to find it. It’s not as simple as ‘Oh there’s a gap in the map let’s block it.’ This type of bug as it is can take time to find and properly patch. Be patient and be aware. Good job on the video though. +1

in WvW

Radagast.6271

But me, UW people, FoW people gave dates,server, time, even video why noone stopping this, hacker is still there now striking with omega golem rocket skill… no point in this… why noone care?

in WvW

jadaniel.4910

But me, UW people, FoW people gave dates,server, time, even video why noone stopping this, hacker is still there now striking with omega golem rocket skill… no point in this… why noone care?

As I mentioned above this post. The time it takes to investigate this is more complex. Not really trying to defend ANet, but from their pov you need to have a lot of solid information to make sure everything is resolved. Going through terabytes of logs on servers takes a lot of time. Even then you aren’t certain if it’s valid. Sometimes the solution once they find the true cause takes even more time to design without breaking an entire map. Things like this don’t typically happen very often. And this occurrence is most likely one of many. So even then it takes time. Videos like this definitely help their cause and give them one more step to solving the issue.

There is no reason to assume no one cares or isn’t aware. Lack of an answer doesn’t imply anything except that there is no current information. As to why they haven’t given it to use is anyone’s guess. And still it’s just a guess. Again try to be patient and supportive. Frustration is a valid emotion here as is any other, but remember that it isn’t as supportive as being patient and understanding.

in WvW

Posted by: Dimjoee.3895

Dimjoee.3895

But jadaniel he runs insanely fast he takes no damage and no falling damage either, I let him fall of a cliff with the 50% fall damage reduction trait and he just insta killed me while I still needed to get up from the fall.

in WvW

jadaniel.4910

But jadaniel he runs insanely fast he takes no damage and no falling damage either, I let him fall of a cliff with the 50% fall damage reduction trait and he just insta killed me while I still needed to get up from the fall.

Yes, it’s the nature of the exploit. From what I’ve learned being under a map is like a one-way mirror. Attacks can go through the map but not vis versa. Why? Couldn’t tell you except it was probably the way it was designed and no one designer/QA/Engineer thought someone could get under the map and now this is the result. Think about what it’d mean to be under a map. None of the rules while on it apply to you including damage, falling, obstacles, monsters, npcs, etc.<Again this is speculation>

in WvW

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Yes, it’s the nature of the exploit. From what I’ve learned being under a map is like a one-way mirror. Attacks can go through the map but not vis versa. Why? Couldn’t tell you except it was probably the way it was designed and no one designer/QA/Engineer thought someone could get under the map and now this is the result. Think about what it’d mean to be under a map. None of the rules while on it apply to you including damage, falling, obstacles, monsters, npcs, etc.<Again this is speculation>

Except there is water under the maps, so it’s impossible the hacker uses land attacks and finishers.

Also, about “coming from the ground”, I actually see it coming from the land, the hacker is invisible and, if you think it’s a bit low, think it’s an asura

Anyway, these kinds of hacks have been around for a long time: even top servers are know for hacking (flying and dezooming)…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in WvW

jadaniel.4910

Except there is water under the maps, so it’s impossible the hacker uses land attacks and finishers.

Also, about “coming from the ground”, I actually see it coming from the land, the hacker is invisible and, if you think it’s a bit low, think it’s an asura

Anyway, these kinds of hacks have been around for a long time: even top servers are know for hacking (flying and dezooming)…

Fair enough. Either way is what it is I suppose. Didn’t know about the water thing though. Pretty neat.

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

They fixed other areas that could have been used unfairly. Several towers whereas siege could hit walls not intended or other areas since blocked off.

The designer / publisher sound of silence is amazing though outside being a pretty solid song.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Wow, this is still going on?

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Radagast.6271

Wow, this is still going on?

Its todays footage, yes all day those hackers, mesmer sky teleporter, and thiefs

in WvW

Posted by: CyberMurmeli.3061

CyberMurmeli.3061

This newest hacker has +5k ap so either not hes own account or they realized you can hack without fear of getting banned.. Because that’s how it seems to be…

in WvW

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Well, I think ANET can’t find these players, that’s why it’s taking forever to ban them. Something similar happened before on one of the EU servers. There were invisible ele and thief killing everyone while invisible and taking towers within few minutes. Combat logs never recorded anything. Even people from their server were not able to see them. We reported the problem many times and it was never fixed…hackers just got bored and left, so I guess ANET is hopping the same will happen here.

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

hello Arenanet.

im fed up of playing wvw and getting killed from projectiles coming out from nowhere. ghosts killing people trying to do the best they can in wvw for their server.

i dont even please you anymore. if you want to be serious do something – otherwise for anyone that asks me a game i will suggest cookie jam

regards

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

(edited by funghetto.1584)

in WvW

Posted by: funghetto.1584

funghetto.1584

by the way – still going around those invisible hackers

“There’s no such thing as balance, fairness or honor.”
a Fissure Of Woe player that has no home.

in WvW

Posted by: SNIEVES.3964

SNIEVES.3964

Well since areanet owns this game , they created it, they have access to everyones account , all they need is the character’s name on the video, they should be able to find the account who the toon belongs too, and disect that account to see if any changes have been made, then just simply delete the account, but they don’t care , all they care about is out money, and all of us suckers who paid 50, 100 dollars for the new upgraded, once they get your money, they can care less, they will tell you what ever you want to hear, but won’t do squat., i can not recall ever seeing a GM toon in the game, and alot of the staff at areanet have toons in the game

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.5839

aspirine.5839

Well this is just what the lower level servers needed, a hacker that takes away all the fun from the opposing server. And as always Anet is right on top of this hacker…..
/sarcasm off.

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Well you should email the propellerheads at ANet’s exploit address and…

…I’m sorry, I almost managed to keep a straight face to the end.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Basically the game has become a hackfest.

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Submit a ticket with screenshots, videos, time, date, location and character you were on and enemy name if possible, if they are 5 minutes apart treat them as seperate incidents and report them all individually.

Eventually they will ban the guy if you submit enough tickets with proof from various people udring the same incident, It does work as my server mass reported a cheater with evidence and now he is perma banned.

DO NOT post this kind of stuff on the forums as it usually ends up with you recieving some form of punishment/warning. do it via the proper channels with other witnesses and all the details you can think and it will work, it takes a month of solid reportingbut trust me they will get him.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Pandatrice.7183

Pandatrice.7183

This s**t is on everyday everywhere in the Chinese server. See below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKpuzFVXfc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCqVkH4pPW4
Many players quit WVW because of this, and even quit the game.
Kongzhong and anet is doing nothing on it.
It’s said that hacking GW2 is not that hard, because anet didn’t wrap the client well or something like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanrio.7192

Sanrio.7192

I think it is time to modify the combat system which can right click and report the attackers in chat log

in WvW

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

Wow this is sad…

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I think it is time to modify the combat system which can right click and report the attackers in chat log

These hackers can’t be targeted at all, you can’t right click him.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Posted by: Sanrio.7192

Sanrio.7192

These hackers can’t be targeted at all, you can’t right click him.

So Anet need to make right click is available in chat log

(edited by Sanrio.7192)

in WvW

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

So Anet need to make right click is available in chat log

Can’t do that because combat log shows nothing, or in best case scenario it shows hits like “unknown”. As I said before, there were many reports and video materials sent to Anet, but they never did anything, so I suspect that they can’t fix it…