Blackgate Season One WvW Video

in WvW

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

Awesome video! It’s been fun playing on Blackgate these last few weeks. =)

are you shazbawt? :P

Blackgate since day 1

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Fannwong,

I’m sorry but I agree with BG’s perspective in regards to the euro transfers.

OCE and SEA are in a completely different boat. They don’t have a region of their own to play on so they choose to come to T1 NA. FoO/ATM and WM aren’t here to do PvDoor, they want to fight. It’s unfortunate that very few people(NYS/SAHP/ND) will stand up to fight them . You can’t hold them responsible because their enemy won’t show up.

EU has it’s own region tho and by most accounts it’s a far more competitive region than NA. IRON had the best competition the game offers and instead choose to run here to face a non-existant enemy. It would be like TW choosing to transfer to Piken’s Square. I’m sure that’s something you’ve never considered because it’s absurb, almost as absurb as IRON choosing to transfer to SoR.

All the EU transfers beyond that were the result of IRON’s action. You can’t hold BG responsible for recruiting guilds to compete and you can’t hold SoR responsible for IRON giving up and moving back to EU.

My one request to everyone in this tier is that you please stop recruiting EU guilds. It doesn’t make this tier any better. If those guilds want to fight they’d stay in EU, they only reason they come here is for the gold and the PvDoor. We already have enough PvErs to deal with.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

Beautiful video that was really well executed, however being in a different tier, I have to ask: is it really that impressive that you won Gold?

Any win is built purely on coverage so no, except for the way they managed to harness their PvE population.

SoR had a choice to fight harder or give up, a number did fight harder but a lot also gave up and used ZD as an excuse

If you don’t like people talking crap about BG then it seems hypocritical to make statements about other servers of which you clearly have no idea.

Our PvE population was instrumental in BG’s win, luckily for us they showed a willingness to jump into TS and follow whoever was commanding, and i believe that the tequatl kills were a catalyses for that. and that experience of already getting on TS and joining a group of people who you didnt really know but had faith in to get the job done was invaluable. it is also great to see a number of those who had not previously done much wvw having fun and deciding to stay around even after they had got their achievements and season was over.

Im sorry if you feel like i am talking crap about your server, there are a number of guilds and players i have the utmost respect for, who come out fighting whatever the score and to me represent the true heart of SoR not those who stopped showing up after it was clear that they could not win leagues. and that information was what i was told from friends i have played with and against who are now play on SoR

I apologise if i gave the impression that the entire server gave up, that is not the case a number of guilds and players stood up and tried to rally the server but the matches momentum had shifted too far during that week 2 matchup and SoR was unable to recover before leagues had finished but i believe that SoR will come out after leagues with a harder more resilient core which the player base can galvanise around

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Peetee,

No worries, thanks for taking the time to explain.

I play predominantly on Asian time. I also trained with NYS in February along with the SOR militia. So I am intimate with late OCE, Asian and early EU timings, commanders, BG and JQ forces, movements and other information.

I was from WM and Kaineng so I was watching that period intently. WM and Kaineng miltia went to BG and they fought against NYS/SAHP. However within 2 weeks they switched to EU time, which NYS/SAHP couldn’t catch up with because they had to log at 11-12am GMT+8. We were surprised as WM as an Asian guild.

WM then dominated EU timing for 2-3 weeks after that. With regards to why WM moved to EU timing, I don’t have the reason so I won’t speculate.

Magikarp at the same time also confirmed with me that WM worked overtime in EU timings. (12am-5am GMT+8). I hope this has clarified things for you.

FW

Fannwong,

I’m sorry but I agree with BG’s perspective in regards to the euro transfers.

OCE and SEA are in a completely different boat. They don’t have a region of their own to play on so they choose to come to T1 NA. FoO/ATM and WM aren’t here to do PvDoor, they want to fight. It’s unfortunate that very few people(NYS/SAHP/ND) will stand up to fight them . You can’t hold them responsible because their enemy won’t show up.

[SoX] – JQ

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Glad you enjoyed it!

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Roy Cronacher

Previous

Roy Cronacher

Game Designer

Nope, I’ve been playing my warrior ‘Roy C’.

Twitter: @RoyCronacher
I work on systems, combat, skills, and balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

ZD’s should be form the start of the video to the end. the only reason why you won.

Lol. We won because “Roy C”. The Anet Dev just hundred blade you all for 9999 dmg.

Well seriously, ZDs is just one guild of 30 ave WvWer max. Arguebly i’m not denying that they have some adverse effect to us but it is not the sole cause that we won. We won the matchup because SoR/JQ misjudged us as underdog at the beginning, we won because IRON’s cmd being hospitalized and SoR mostly losing moral to fight for PPT, we won because all the BG players put enormous amount of time to overtime and cover up the gap for each others, we won because we’re Blackgate!

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

(edited by Tajz.9826)

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Can it get more stereotype about Anet devs than this. Desides to play on the winning blob server with the faceroll class warrior. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

lol, i’d love to see Blackgate fight against Abaddon’s Mouth.

I think during this “off-season” Anet should put some NA servers against EU servers.

That said, if there is gonna be a season 2, I bet most players will not put in the same effort, seeing the “great” rewards you get for it.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Congrats on having the most well-rounded presence and maps queued for 7 weeks

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Opp = skilled plays..

The rest: Gwardior trains

nice video ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

I wish i had more time to make a better Video for RK, but i was under time constraint and my freaking PC had a massive crash that destroyed all my work so i was stuck scrambling to make my video.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Can it get more stereotype about Anet devs than this. Desides to play on the winning blob server with the faceroll class warrior. =)

Blackgate bought ANet, dontcha know?

elite specs ruined pvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

Yeah, people really do underestimate how far Blackgate is willing to go to win in WvW. For starters, we paid for IRON’s transfer back to EU. We also paid several Commanders on both JQ AND SoR to take several weeks off during the season. And after the close finish in Week 1, we sent people to all the other servers in Gold League to stand around in PvE areas, handing out free Legendary Weapons to anyone willing to promise that they wouldn’t contribute to their servers WvW efforts in any way. And that’s not even mentioning the Blackgate strategy of requiring that ALL WvW players have at least 2 accounts each, so that we can have our 2nd account characters on rival servers just standing around in WvW spawn points taking up que space and reading enemy Map Chat out in Teamspeak… buying guilds was just the tip of the iceberg, and most us can’t believe that that’s the thing that everyone’s getting so upset about!

BLACKGATE; we don’t kid around when it comes to WvW…

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yeah, people really do underestimate how far Blackgate is willing to go to win in WvW. For starters, we paid for IRON’s transfer back to EU. We also paid several Commanders on both JQ AND SoR to take several weeks off during the season. And after the close finish in Week 1, we sent people to all the other servers in Gold League to stand around in PvE areas, handing out free Legendary Weapons to anyone willing to promise that they wouldn’t contribute to their servers WvW efforts in any way. And that’s not even mentioning the Blackgate strategy of requiring that ALL WvW players have at least 2 accounts each, so that we can have our 2nd account characters on rival servers just standing around in WvW spawn points taking up que space and reading enemy Map Chat out in Teamspeak… buying guilds was just the tip of the iceberg, and most us can’t believe that that’s the thing that everyone’s getting so upset about!

BLACKGATE; we don’t kid around when it comes to WvW…

Well don’t know if it’s true But I heard that blackgate also bribed Veteran supervisors at supply camps to drop RI whenever a blackgate player is around. very suspicious.

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Swaggate.

Video of the year goes to RIOT – 100%

That wolf got PWND yo!

Lol thanks… here is our original version.

No coordinated double dodge rolls? Amateurs…

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Crimson Riddles.3892

Crimson Riddles.3892

What an amazing video, +1 great job Blackgate!

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Nice video, but to bad that 90% of NA, lets call it “TOP GUILDS” blobing everything in sight.

ehh NA is boring as kitten.,

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Lemrish.5970

Lemrish.5970

Great job Blackgate! That video is really well done. /Salute

Trolled SoR to Tier 7
Click on my post history for tips on trolling kthnxbai

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

Why warrior??!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please play theif so you will know how kitten it is

in WvW

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

First congrats! As your cannon fodder I salute you! Nice video and even better you took the time and effort to thank everyone who helped. Good Work and better Team Work!

in WvW

Posted by: sofired.6071

sofired.6071

Wow… this “Season” thing really brought out a lot of bitterness in Tier 1…

When you put out a “look at us we’re the best” brag video on the forums your going to get some negative reactions – especially when the leagues are nowhere near a level playing field.

WSR – GW2’s #1 ranked server that starts with a W.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiver.5903

Shiver.5903

Nice video Blackgate, you guys sure have put together a great community!
/salute

in WvW

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

Wow… this “Season” thing really brought out a lot of bitterness in Tier 1…

When you put out a “look at us we’re the best” brag video on the forums your going to get some negative reactions – especially when the leagues are nowhere near a level playing field.

The video has like 30 seconds worth of bragging(if you can even classify the final score run-down as bragging), with the rest of it a big thank you to everyone involved in the win.

But fair enough, if your are still QQing about your loss, might aswell….

7-0…. seriously weak

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I thought about making a video like this for Maguuma, but showing scores going 0-7 wouldn’t be quite as amazing. Also the guild list where we show off all our server guilds and the work they did would take about 30 seconds for the 3-4 large guilds on the server.

Well made video, but I think it highlights the reality, which is unless you have massive numbers of guilds, players, and coverage, the combat “format” will never be competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Well made video, but I think it highlights the reality, which is unless you have massive numbers of guilds, players, and coverage, the combat “format” will never be competitive.

Agree completely. Time to redesign WvW, please.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Now... I am EU player in NA server and I am not in NA servers to PvD I am here because my old guild from GW1 and even it it disband few months ago SoR is my home server like it to you or not. I am not going any other server because you think NA has no place for EU guilds or players. But let me ask why EU has to be separated from NA servers? Correct me if im wrong but the servers from NA and EU are in the same country?

Also, you make it sound like if IRON was the first EU guild that transfer from EU servers to NA servers... like if there was not RG and other guilds before from EU in NA servers before?

But hey, good luck with your way of thinking and selective memory I know now what guild in my own server im not welcome to join now.

You’re taking my post way out of context. Probably pretending to be angry for the sake of trolling but I’ll bite.

I have no problems with EU players playing in the NA bracket. You have friends here and you’re loyal to them, there is nothing wrong with that. I do have a problem with entire guilds moving from EU to NA bracket to avoid competition as IRON did. The consensus is that EU hosts the best guilds, somewhat validated by RG destroying the NA guilds when they moved over for a month. IRON could have stayed and fought them in EU but they moved here to ’fight’ a SEA guild that only had about 20 players. To be blunt, they ran away from superior competition and came here to farm bags off disorganized militia. IRON was also the first dedicated guild to move to NA bracket, RG came later and only stayed for a few weeks.

I would also like to see a combined bracket with US and EU, that way we don’t have these coward guilds throwing everything out of whack. It’s never going to happen tho.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

@SleepingDragon
ZD went to BG for a number of reasons
1. they could not play during their timezone on EU servers (6hour ques)
2. JQ’s matchups made them an unattractive target to transfer to
3. SoR had IRON and a number of smaller guilds which had merged into IRON
4. ZD had scouted both BG and SoR and found that SoR had the greater numbers and presence during their timezone
5. ZD spoke to SoR and were told not to go there

if the matchups had been more even ZD may have transferred to JQ or to one of the other gold league servers but they were not, BG and SoR were matched up for the first 4 weeks and then BG faced JQ in week 5, to get the best fights which server would you chose to play on

people can blame ZD for the win or they can look at MOS and see that BG had already taken back the lead in week 2 before ZD had even transferred over, SoR had a choice to fight harder or give up, a number did fight harder but a lot also gave up and used ZD as an excuse

Decent fights meaning somewhat fair in which you don’t excessively zergblob another server or get zerglob by another server.

You obviously missed out on the sleight tension about ZDs not tagging up on maps. Most of the time you wouldn’t run into ZDs blobbing only a couple PUGs they couldn’t shake. If you ran into ZDs you got out played most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

IRON was also the first dedicated guild to move to NA bracket, RG came later and only stayed for a few weeks.

I don’t believe this is true. I remember fighting against VoTF long before IRON arrived.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

IRON was also the first dedicated guild to move to NA bracket, RG came later and only stayed for a few weeks.

I don’t believe this is true. I remember fighting against VoTF long before IRON arrived.

You’re right over all but I think IRON was the first significant guild to make the move while SoR/JQ/BG was the active Tier 1.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Cod on Cod.3694

Cod on Cod.3694

If I read history correctly, BG was the first to get dedicated EU guilds with the DEYS alliance back in October 2012 when BG was trying to rebuild. (4 or 5 guilds of wich RK and HB are the only currently active).

IRON didn’t show up until February 2013 irrc,

Thing that tipped the EU scale towards SoR was the sheer size of IRON back then.

A fine blend of everything, aged well.

in WvW

Posted by: Taldeer.6720

Taldeer.6720

Nice video. Congrats to all of Blackgate for winning Season 1!

See you all on the battlefield!

Wenova

Best RPer OCX

in WvW

Posted by: CEDWYN.5392

CEDWYN.5392

Nice that you recognized the scouts… but I think you missed a few, too bad. I know a few from LP/ND/Thai that aren’t on that list. Regardless – even if your name isn’t on that list, we still appreciate your effort and dedication to helping BG hold our keeps, refreshing our siege and spilling beer on your keyboard and allowing the enemy team to take garrison.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

IIRC, DEYS and VoTF started off at launch in NA, they aren’t necessarily EU to NA transfers, despite having EU players. DEYS was on HoD at the start, for Titan Alliance (or at least on the server), and VoTF was part of Ascension Alliance.

DEYS/HoD’s Euro-force stayed in NA BG (or at least a significant enough portion), whereas VoTF transferred to EU.

BG’s slow rise from Tier whatever to Tier 2, and probably some other things killed off a lot of those Euros. I know Gin left to greener, European pastures. And RK and HB sort of went inactive before reaching T1. Then Smokee came back and both of guilds started rebuilding.

I think we were still losing T1 until WM came over. After IRON came after them. Then KISS also went to SoR, and Coin went to BG.

I don’t think SoR had a chance with ZDs there, but they could’ve also not lost by such a large margin. I, and all the rational people on SoR, do know that ZDs fought SEA and EU at opposite ends of their TZ.

(edited by UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420)

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I wasn’t on the scout list Choc. BAD CHOC!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Traejan.1729

Traejan.1729

Whoa.. Very nice video!

Proud member of [RUST] IRON TEARS

in WvW

Posted by: SgtJanitor.3164

SgtJanitor.3164

I’d just like to say that the blanket comments in regards to blobbing, lack of skill, etc. really don’t hold much water and are somewhat disrespectful in my opinion. I mean, as a server, we are not infallible in the slightest. Blackgate is a huge community and has arguably the largest amount of coverage in NA due to the overtime that some guilds are willing to pull during off-peak hours and makes us susceptible to blobbing during primetime hours, sure, but don’t write off the exceptions to this.
APeX, RIOT, oPP, etc., have always ran low numbers and play just for fights just as you all say that you do. If you’ve seen us on the field, you’d probably agree.

While I don’t personally give a gorilla’s musty kitten that we won Season 1 of WvW, Blackgate did put in an effort to achieve that title and it was earned no matter what anyone says. If you’re like me and don’t care, then why bother insulting them about it? Just enjoy what you play the game to enjoy; there’s no harm in that.

Congratulations Blackgate on your victory.

Heurix
Authorized Shoutcaster for ArenaNet, ESL, and DPS

in WvW

Posted by: Boribot.2568

Boribot.2568

If it makes you feel any better Milky, neither was I.

-Twilight Borealis-
~Blackgate since Beta~

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yeah but all you do is sit in ogrewatch and play catch with rainbows!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in WvW

Posted by: Boribot.2568

Boribot.2568

Yeah but all you do is sit in ogrewatch and play catch with rainbows!

They never quite learned to throw the cows back…
And I had a 10-hour stint or two in North SM and Bravost too, but they never quite felt like home.

-Twilight Borealis-
~Blackgate since Beta~

in WvW

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Didn’t someone name a guild after you? I remember seeing someone talking about it on map chat that one night.

in WvW

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I’d just like to say that the blanket comments in regards to blobbing, lack of skill, etc. really don’t hold much water and are somewhat disrespectful in my opinion. I mean, as a server, we are not infallible in the slightest. Blackgate is a huge community and has arguably the largest amount of coverage in NA due to the overtime that some guilds are willing to pull during off-peak hours and makes us susceptible to blobbing during primetime hours, sure, but don’t write off the exceptions to this.
APeX, RIOT, oPP, etc., have always ran low numbers and play just for fights just as you all say that you do. If you’ve seen us on the field, you’d probably agree.

While I don’t personally give a gorilla’s musty kitten that we won Season 1 of WvW, Blackgate did put in an effort to achieve that title and it was earned no matter what anyone says. If you’re like me and don’t care, then why bother insulting them about it? Just enjoy what you play the game to enjoy; there’s no harm in that.

Sums up my thoughts as well. Agreed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kezorian.5107

Kezorian.5107

Roy has belief

Co-Leader of Onslaught [OnS]
Believegate – #freepot
http://www.onslaughtclan.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

VOTF moved to SoS from Eu around January, and then moved back when Merc moved to BG.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

The playing experience on Blackgate is vastly different depending on what times of day and different days of the week, probably just like any other server.

Trust me, playing until 3 and 4 AM, trying to provide coverage has nothing to do with blobbing. Not everyone runs in large guilds. Or even medium size guilds for that matter. Any server is vulnerable to the old-time 3 AM “relic raid” hit at that time. We couldn’t muster up enough people to take SM.

Playing mid-morning to early afternoon is where a lot of the real skirmishes happen when smaller groups are capable of fighting on a open field. Those are the best of times.

And then yes, primetime late afternoon to early evening you get the huge zergs. And not just ours.

All of those playing conditions have trade-offs. All of those situations have downsides. All of those playing conditions require different strategies, especially to keep new WvW players focused and contributing in an optimal way. (Thanks to all those who came out to help, who ventured into WvW for the first time and were willing to listen and follow. And thanks especially to the leaders and the commanders for their patience.)

The fluctuation in players on field and the corresponding adjustment in strategies are the way most RvR and WvW games have functioned for over the last dozen years.

At least that’s been my experience.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: Tannith.2960

Tannith.2960

IIRC, DEYS and VoTF started off at launch in NA, they aren’t necessarily EU to NA transfers, despite having EU players. DEYS was on HoD at the start, for Titan Alliance (or at least on the server), and VoTF was part of Ascension Alliance.

DEYS/HoD’s Euro-force stayed in NA BG (or at least a significant enough portion), whereas VoTF transferred to EU.

BG’s slow rise from Tier whatever to Tier 2, and probably some other things killed off a lot of those Euros. I know DiE and Gin left to greener, European pastures. And RK and HB sort of went inactive before reaching T1. Then Smokee came back and both of guilds started rebuilding.

I think we were still losing T1 until WM came over. After IRON came after them. Then KISS also went to SoR, and Coin went to BG.

I don’t think SoR had a chance with ZDs there, but they could’ve also not lost by such a large margin. I, and all the rational people on SoR, do know that ZDs fought SEA and EU at opposite ends of their TZ.

Don’t want to sidetrack the thread bur just wanted to clear up some of the things mentioned about the DEYS alliance. DEYS (Death Ends Your Sorrow or Don’t Eat Yellow Snow depending on who you talk to) was made up of [KDS] Keepers of the Dark Side, [RK] Radiant Knights, [HB] Herfolge Boldklub and [MA] Mystical Awakening. We did indeed transfer from EU servers to Blackgate in October 2012, we were never on HoD and were never part of Titan.

The KDS main raid leader soon after retired from gaming and KDS mostly left GW2 apart from 1 or 2 people. [MA] also mostly left GW2 around the same time and went back to Rift, a couple of them stayed with RK. HB mostly had a break throughout Spring/Summer 2013 but RK has always been playing and never had a break, our numbers did drop to around 8-10 active players for a couple of months but we were always around.

As you say UnrepentantProcrastinator, ZDs played Russian time which is roughly GMT-4 so they were covering our weakest time period between 4pm – 8pm GMT when we relied on SEA playing overtime to cover.

Anyway, I usually keep away from these forums as the vitriol is frankly embarrassing but as I’m here I would like to thank all our opponents for the great fights not just over season 1 but since our time in Blackgate, I have nothing but respect for everyone who shows up in WvW day after day to make it such fun.

Tannith
RK

in WvW

Posted by: Chi.2943

Chi.2943

Cookie to the first person to find Roy in the video. It’s like a sick version of find waldo…

Nubbie [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You can’t argue with their dedication. There were times when I was working on the merc achievement and would pass a fully upgraded tower with 2 scouts in it. Two scouts in a spawn tower when both enemy servers have maybe 5 people on the map combined, that’s dedication.

Yep. You summed it up right here. If all the BG scouts from the towers/keeps combined into a single force, they’d of outmanned the sum total of the other two servers force on the same map.

Yeah… BG’s hard work and dedication won the day.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Fann I said prior to the leagues as in the two matches where we 1v1’d SoR and JQ, not talking historically just the situation after losing TKG + half of MERC which SoR/JQ both going into the leagues and week one had given BG no chance of winning at all.

No, we we’rent resting, it was the shock of losing two massive guilds, remember BG losing TKG + half of MERC meant that JQ gained TKG + MERC. We were destroyed in the Oceanic/SEA timezone due to needing a restructure which lead to guilds like Omen overextending themselves and burning themselves out. The “resting” comment is just something you say to save face, I’ve heard many a server say that before including your own.

What you saw in the leagues was NA, Oc, SEA, EU all rallying together we had often during seasons saw NA commanders up during SEA, EU etc. ICoa and KnT had people tagged up almost 24/7.

I think the problem you’re facing is that usually it’s said- in war, it’s the victors who get to record history. The trouble is that’s because the other guys are usually dead. So in this case, you might have a sparkly fairytale version to tell, but everyone else is still alive and well, able to tell you that the super stacked BG WvW force had no trouble taking every matchup’s top PPT, without any trouble whatsoever.

Pick a sport. If a full team goes up against a half a team and wins, they won’t call that a great achievement. In fact, rules usually stipulate that, without a full opposing team showing up, that opposing team automatically forfeits the match. GG, BG won , at the very least, 6 weeks of forfeited matches.

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

You can’t argue with their dedication. There were times when I was working on the merc achievement and would pass a fully upgraded tower with 2 scouts in it. Two scouts in a spawn tower when both enemy servers have maybe 5 people on the map combined, that’s dedication.

Yep. You summed it up right here. If all the BG scouts from the towers/keeps combined into a single force, they’d of outmanned the sum total of the other two servers force on the same map.

Yeah… BG’s hard work and dedication won the day.

If you are on a T2 server or lower, I can understand your feeling since T1 servers clearly outnumber you guys, but you are really not in the match for top spots in gold league anyway. If you also from a T1 server…I don’t know, perhaps you should consider not insulting other T1 servers when your own server can pull 24/7 queues when fighting against T2 servers?

Blackgate Engineer