Blackgate WvW

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I haven’t played any WvW since the expansion hit, But I’m wondering what happened to Blackgate? It used to be #1 and now its beaten by Yak’s bend? Tarnished Coast is like gone as well and JQ is somewhere in the middle.

Let me guess everyone transferred from Tarnished coast and Blackgate to Yak’s Bend for some reason that nobody can figure out?

aka. “The Complainer”

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Many on BG and JQ dont care about winning and PPT. We come for fights, because winning and ppt are meaningless. Yaks bend is kittenous garbage server that does nothing but pvd and siegehump. If there was anything on the line, like a tournament I can assure you BG and JQ would be out in force and YB would be crushed.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

A few disgruntled BG guilds moved to YB while it was T2 to bring it up to T1 and break the BG/JQ/TC cartel. YB was a way better server before those guys showed up. They kinda ruined the community, sadly :/

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Let me guess everyone transferred from Tarnished coast and Blackgate to Yak’s Bend for some reason that nobody can figure out?

That’s close! It was from BG, JQ, and TC.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

Yb and wvw equivalent to new money. BG and JQ come for fights at this point. also the problems in wvw everyone is complaining about is a big reason most time zones are empty on all sides.
also a few toxic guilds left Bg and went to YB poor yb

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

A few disgruntled BG guilds moved to YB while it was T2 to bring it up to T1 and break the BG/JQ/TC cartel. YB was a way better server before those guys showed up. They kinda ruined the community, sadly :/

That did not ruin the community. What ruined WVW communities is arena net gutting the game mode and neglecting the wvw community for so long. The fact that Arena Net considers wvw players “pvers” shows how much they know their wvw community.

The people left in this game rather find fights in EOTM rather than in EB/BL. If WVW had seasons with tournaments back like in 2014, with the old bl in rotation till Anet does that big overhaul (who knows when that will be) I think the more competitive wvw guilds would come back and play.

Hellion

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

<One sided garbage>

Pot calling kettle grimy bottom.

Yes, I have seen both BG and JQ use exactly the same tactics. Just because you have a one sided opinion of play doesn’t mean that it is fact.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

<One sided garbage>

Yes, I have seen both BG and JQ use exactly the same tactics. Just because you have a one sided opinion of play doesn’t mean that it is fact.

Everyone has the same opinion on YB.

Anyhoo, on the topic of Blackgate WvW… Times change, people move on. The old guard that made BG #1 on the rankings are mostly quit or moved servers (mostly quit, just a couple moved servers). Those that remain simply aren’t able to be as effective these days, whether it be not willing to fight against YB siege humping and JQ blobs, or simply not as interested/passionate about the game as those that came before.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

X T D.6458

<One sided garbage>

Please go back to EOTM where the rest of your server belongs kthx

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

<One sided garbage>

Please go back to EOTM where the rest of your server belongs kthx

I will mail you a stack of salt when I login ^^

Out of the guilds who had xferred as an alliance last year, only 1 is on YB atm. The rest has either disbanded and the individual members xferred back to their server or they went to some other server. Lots of misinformation in this thread.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Waffle.3748

Waffle.3748

I think the old “Hibergate” nickname still applies to BG. They can come out pretty strong when they want to (reset, etc.). JQ has a pretty similar thing going, but are a bit more PuG oriented from the groups I see out there. YB of course has their sieging and PPT ways. I don’t see as much action on the BL’s many days from JQ and BG (BL hate, ded game, insert other reasons here) compared to YB so that would knock off some potential points from them as well.

Some groups from BG, TC, and JQ moved to YB last year and it got pushed up into T1. Some moved back to their home servers, others to new servers, some are still there.

BG is still pretty active, definitely not as much as before, but most every server has taken a population hit with HoT (and even before).

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

X T D.6458

I think the old “Hibergate” nickname still applies to BG. They can come out pretty strong when they want to (reset, etc.). JQ has a pretty similar thing going, but are a bit more PuG oriented from the groups I see out there. YB of course has their sieging and PPT ways. I don’t see as much action on the BL’s many days from JQ and BG (BL hate, ded game, insert other reasons here) compared to YB so that would knock off some potential points from them as well.

Some groups from BG, TC, and JQ moved to YB last year and it got pushed up into T1. Some moved back to their home servers, others to new servers, some are still there.

BG is still pretty active, definitely not as much as before, but most every server has taken a population hit with HoT (and even before).

Thats more or less accurate, HoT has definately been rough for wvw in terms of its effect on population, many players not just on BG but gamewide have stopped playing the gw altogether, some are not as active, some are just taking a break until the overhaul/ new content/ seasons etc.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

NA t1 is the only wvw worth playing. it’s broken AF, but at least it has people to fight.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

NA t1 is the only wvw worth playing. it’s broken AF, but at least it has people to fight.

How do you know? T2 is better than T1 in certain timezones.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

<One sided garbage>

Haha nah I think he’s right. I’ve played on and fought against BG/JQ/TC/YB etc and YB has a siege culture, sup ACs to be specific. :P

Edit: Added pic

Attachments:

Whispers with meat.

(edited by gennyt.3428)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

It’s better to WvW when you want too rather than to wait for those “certain timezones”…

I just went to T1 myself, such a relief to just see enemies and level Elites when ever I want too.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This old garbage of “oh _ is the best at WvW” is long gone. No one cares at this point; WvW is for fights only. Except for a few servers like YB that are playing a game no one else is playing.

The whole thing is getting redone in an overhaul to WvW the devs keep talking about.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Abandoning everything on the map and stacking all 90 players on a single tag to “fight”… LoL. That used to be called Omni-Blobbing. K-Training since they use the blob to take objectives most of the time. “Fights” hah.

T2 is indeed better but can be hit or miss alot of times. If you only play NA evenings I’d say it is superior..

JQ subsidiary

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

“Fights” hah.

“Fights” are fighting people, whether it’s 1v1 or 5v5 or 15v15. Not the nonsense a few servers like the old BG or the new YB or a few other notoriously dull WvW servers tried to pull where you just take cap points at the expense of playing a game.

It’s insanely lame by anyone’s standards and why that type of play died off. I’m interested what the devs have in mind with this total overhaul.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

“Fights” … 1v1 or 5v5 or 15v15.

Yep I agree, where the gw2 combat system breaks down is around 30v30 or 40v40. With the 5 target aoe cap, stability stacks, and lag. Putting 80 people on tag and calling that a “fight” is ridiculous.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Yet it was Jq and bg playing the ppt game last night when all we wanted to do was fight…..

And bg/Jq doesn’t sit on siege in SM…. Right….

Edit: bg group on bg bl was just out to have fun like us. The ppt was capping empty stuff on EBG. Also bg sitting in SM was more of a [tw] thing than bg thIng I think.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

(edited by Liston.9708)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Golliat.1647

Golliat.1647

Everything i read here was “we were first, me and my little friend, and now we’re not, please do something Anet!”
I agree that the WvW is outdated, unfair in many instances, without a really valid reward for his players, and without a purpose for each server that stimulates you to be the first of its core. But to say that YB is not playing as it should, lol… tired of seeing and report bad players of all kinds in BG and JQ, and not really generalize all players because of either bad player.

Golliat | Calliana — Yak’s Bend [UL] Ultimate Legion

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

It’s better to WvW when you want too rather than to wait for those “certain timezones”…

I just went to T1 myself, such a relief to just see enemies and level Elites when ever I want too.

T1 has stuff going on on all maps nearly all the time. my guild went from t5 to t1 because at the rate gw2 wvw is bleeding players t1 is the only real choice, as it will stay populated.

I’m pretty simple. just want some dudes to fight on the maps when I log on. t5 had nothing on the BLs and EBG was often pretty empty and boring. t1 always has stuff to do. it’s great.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

How about that Stormbluff Isle, eh?

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

T1 has stuff going on on all maps nearly all the time. my guild went from t5 to t1 because at the rate gw2 wvw is bleeding players t1 is the only real choice, as it will stay populated.

I’m pretty simple. just want some dudes to fight on the maps when I log on. t5 had nothing on the BLs and EBG was often pretty empty and boring. t1 always has stuff to do. it’s great.

Again, how do you know?

While T1 does have dudes to fight on maps nearly all the time, so does T2. None of these responses to me prove otherwise. T1 and T2 has been where the non-NA players have concentrated for the majority of this game. That hasn’t changed and especially now that DB’s SEA population is back in T2 and SoS’s main OCX guild moved to DB.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Many on BG and JQ dont care about winning and PPT. We come for fights, because winning and ppt are meaningless. Yaks bend is kittenous garbage server that does nothing but pvd and siegehump. If there was anything on the line, like a tournament I can assure you BG and JQ would be out in force and YB would be crushed.

Many on YB come for fights, but are unable to fight on even grounds due to having considerably smaller forces. JQ and BG have kittenous garbage players that run in much larger groups, often times team up to fight YB, and complain like sore losers just because YB uses allowed game mechanics just to stay competetive. I guess at the end of the day, these players can rest assured that they’re clearly more “skilled” as those 10 YB wouldn’t have killed their 20+ man zergs without siege weaponry.

See, I can do it too.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

Again, how do you know?

While T1 does have dudes to fight on maps nearly all the time, so does T2. None of these responses to me prove otherwise. T1 and T2 has been where the non-NA players have concentrated for the majority of this game. That hasn’t changed and especially now that DB’s SEA population is back in T2 and SoS’s main OCX guild moved to DB.

I’ve been on FA twice, but eh, never active in my timezone. Just get rolled by massive zergs when I flip a tower with a few people, also got sick of the amount of skillful DB Condition PU mesmers and Condition perplex evasion thieves running around.

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Again, how do you know?

I’ve been on FA twice, but eh, never active in my timezone. Just get rolled by massive zergs when I flip a tower with a few people, also got sick of the amount of skillful DB Condition PU mesmers and Condition perplex evasion thieves running around.

That sounds like a contradiction: “never active” yet DB zergs running around (aka dudes to fight). o_O

Chaba Tangnu

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

Again, how do you know?

That sounds like a contradiction: “never active” yet DB zergs running around (aka dudes to fight). o_O

I’ll rephrase if you want to get nit picky….

“It’s never active for FA in my timezone”… I thought it was kinda obvious with basic English skills that I was referring to FA when I said it in the same sentence.

Gotta ask though, why is this an argument for you? Someone gave their opinion from their experience and you’re like “I didn’t see that, not true”… We haven’t degraded your opinion based off your experiences have we?

The common denominator at the moment based off our opinions is “Timezones”, we clearly don’t share the same timezones, therefor population and experiences are different, but the original comment was made as a generalisation that T1 is more active all around compared to other tiers, which it is. (but again, that’s my timezone)

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kiliope.2364

Kiliope.2364

<One sided garbage>

Haha nah I think he’s right. I’ve played on and fought against BG/JQ/TC/YB etc and YB has a siege culture, sup ACs to be specific. :P

Edit: Added pic

Oh god it’s that noob, Sticky.

Guild Leader of Embers Rising [ER]

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Many on YB come for fights, but are unable to fight on even grounds due to having considerably smaller forces. JQ and BG have kittenous garbage players that run in much larger groups, often times team up to fight YB, and complain like sore losers just because YB uses allowed game mechanics just to stay competetive. I guess at the end of the day, these players can rest assured that they’re clearly more “skilled” as those 10 YB wouldn’t have killed their 20+ man zergs without siege weaponry.

See, I can do it too.

Do people… honestly think like this? Like… serious question. I’ve met maybe 3 people who had those opinions and I pretty quickly told them to kitten, but for the most part I feel like people who zerg are fairly aware that they’re zerging. Right? Am I just hanging around with the wrong people? I stopped going into public teamspeaks a while ago.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Oh god it’s that noob, Sticky.

Munt when are you going to come to BG and make WvW great again?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

See, I can do it too.

Do people… honestly think like this? Like… serious question. I’ve met maybe 3 people who had those opinions and I pretty quickly told them to kitten, but for the most part I feel like people who zerg are fairly aware that they’re zerging. Right? Am I just hanging around with the wrong people? I stopped going into public teamspeaks a while ago.

Pretty sure that guy’s so far up DK’s rear end he can’t even see his own ACs anymore.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

bg and jq are joined at the hip. its basically 2 servers fighting in t1. yb vs BG + JQ

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Got an account on T1 and T6, also have a friend who quit who gave me his info for his account on Fort Aspen. T1 is the place you want to be constant roaming fights, small scale, and zergy trash if you like that, T2 is meh and I was a bit surprised by that. T6 is fun as hell on reset night but then dies out throughout the week but I don’t really show up for Saturday reset nights because I have a life on the weekend……Anet.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

bg and jq are joined at the hip. its basically 2 servers fighting in t1. yb vs BG + JQ

Ahhh yes the little lap dog BG. JQ says jump and BG says “how high???”. I hear there’s inside drama on JQ though, the blame game between various guilds

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Funny how BG and YB were essentially 2v1ing JQ at the end of last week then.

Ahhh yes the little lap dog BG. JQ says jump and BG says “how high???”. I hear there’s inside drama on JQ though, the blame game between various guilds

Thats really funny considering the history of the 2 servers, you realise they basically hate each other.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Liston.9708

Thats really funny considering the history of the 2 servers, you realise they basically hate each other.

Well, bg was playing for second it appeared and GS is on JQ – so we may have done a little head hunting in a friendly sort of way (I think most were fine with the GS peeps)…

It does seem certain commanders 2v1 and others just want to play red is dead. It happens everywhere every tier at times so no biggie from my POV.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

At the end of last week BG and JQ were close in terms of the “score” and then they decided to focus the kitten outta you guys (for the 2nd place? lol) and ended up being successful. Please explain your point again.

It seems Anet should have locked this thread much earlier (matchup thread), just shows how much they ignore this subforum…

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

WvW #1 no reward
#2 no reward
#3 no reward
1=2=3
———-
but we have E-Sport now :p

winnie@BlackGate

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Again, how do you know?

I’ll rephrase if you want to get nit picky….

“It’s never active for FA in my timezone”… I thought it was kinda obvious with basic English skills that I was referring to FA when I said it in the same sentence.

Gotta ask though, why is this an argument for you? Someone gave their opinion from their experience and you’re like “I didn’t see that, not true”… We haven’t degraded your opinion based off your experiences have we?

The common denominator at the moment based off our opinions is “Timezones”, we clearly don’t share the same timezones, therefor population and experiences are different, but the original comment was made as a generalisation that T1 is more active all around compared to other tiers, which it is. (but again, that’s my timezone)

Choovanski and I were talking about having enemies to fight. You did too. Thanks for stating that T2 also has enemies to fight during non-NA hours. /shrug

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

See, I can do it too.

Pretty sure that guy’s so far up DK’s rear end he can’t even see his own ACs anymore.

I hail from a small gvg guild thar xferred to YB long before it arrived at its current place. We despise siege, and our commander would chew us out for deploying, building, or using siege. The thing is, when you face opponents that you can not defeat despite superior tactics and superior builds/team comp, you have to change your strategy.

We tried everything under the sun in terms of build and team comp, but with little success. We weren’t having fun anymore. After trying ppting for rallies instead of looking for fights, we found that fun, and started getting bags again. It’s funny, you cap an objective, hold it, build a dash of siege, and these extremely intelligent zergs will come by and die. Repeatedly.

It’s okay that you don’t understand, but please stop characterizing an entire server based on your experiences and limited point of view. Trust me, your servers have used similar tactics in similar situations and are no more skilled or honorable than us.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

briggah.7910

the thing is every server has players that all play differently.. when you call other servers out for not playing the way you play you are actually calling out a bunch of people on your own server. this is why i laugh at all this pvf stuff. every server has people that would rather take easy objectives when nobody is looking.. every server has people that sit on sm cannons or siege for hours. every server does the same thing just some do it better than others.

actually not sure about every server lol seems some servers don’t even have wvw players left

Player Vs Everyone

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

morrolan.9608

At the end of last week BG and JQ were close in terms of the “score” and then they decided to focus the kitten outta you guys (for the 2nd place? lol) and ended up being successful. Please explain your point again.

Point is obvious, there is no overall 2v1 against YB, in fact the idea is laughable.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

X T D.6458

Point is obvious, there is no overall 2v1 against YB, in fact the idea is laughable.

I would rather fight jq blobs anytime, then watching this cancer known as yb with their ridiculous siege creep everywhere, and running in and out of their keeps/towers when they have more numbers to gank ppl..such skill to bunker and hump siege, you should all be so proud.

Also the delusional fanbois from yb posting here, are cracking me up, so at least they are good for something, its not fights though thats for sure.

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

briggah.7910

yea yea. this was a few hours ago

http://www.twitch.tv/briggah/v/49153115

was fun though so keep the 2vs1 coming we barely had to leave our side for 3 hours

Player Vs Everyone

(edited by briggah.7910)

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Liston.9708

Since this became a matchup thread…..
What’s up with Jq whispering YB commanders to focus bg? The reasoning was, if they came in third again they were going to blackout until they dropped to t2 based on a meeting. Most likely bs, but thought it was funny multiple commanders were whispered with the same line…..

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

BG/JQ are masters of “Excuse Warfare”. where they both claim that their, “In it for the fights”. to cover up their abysmal scores week after week. Although I will hand it to them both, they are great at fighting when it’s 3:1 odds in their favor. Also, to be fair, each server has their own ways of playing WvW, and most of the time, each server hates the way that each other “Plays” in WvW.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

morrolan.9608

yea yea. this was a few hours ago

http://www.twitch.tv/briggah/v/49153115

was fun though so keep the 2vs1 coming we barely had to leave our side for 3 hours

You’ll note I wrote ‘overall’, of course there may be some instances when a natural 2v1 arises.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Blackgate WvW

in WvW

morrolan.9608

BG/JQ are masters of “Excuse Warfare”. where they both claim that their, “In it for the fights”. to cover up their abysmal scores week after week. Although I will hand it to them both, they are great at fighting when it’s 3:1 odds in their favor.

Thats pretty funny considering your guild were running with FOW in a huge blob last night.

Jade Quarry [SoX]