Blackgate and the ruining of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jereguy.3498

Jereguy.3498

So I’m sure I’m not alone with the feelings that something needs to be changed with our server/WvW. A few weeks ago I guess a few hundred people from a two guilds transferred to our server. Since then it’s completely ruined the game for a huge amount of people.

The World V World system is now broken on our server. I know you see the statistics these guilds basically go in and steamroll things causing the other servers to give up and ruining it for everyone else.

I have a guild of around 10 people mainly wvw. We used to play for around 6 hours together after work. Since this transfer not only have the queue times gone up to 1-2 hours. But by the time we get in there, no one is left to play because they’ve all gotten fed up of getting farmed. There has to be a change. Now I know what you’re thinking; why don’t you just transfer to a low pop server.. Well how fair is that to force a small guild to switch due to the system being broken from these massive zerg guilds. We’ve spent weeks leveling up our guild to something that these other guilds can do in under a week.

I’m know I’m not the only one that feels this way I’m sure there are tons of guilds that are feeling the effects of these two zerg guilds joining our server and essentially ruining wvw for 3 servers every week. Please devs do something because you’re losing a lot of people. : (

in WvW

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

Just wait til BG goes up to tier 1. There will be fights then. Keep in mind who you are facing, two dying servers who lost the bulk of their WvW community. most servers would crush them.
Though you’re correct on one thing, queues will become worse and worse and intolerable.

in WvW

Posted by: zardorz.7985

zardorz.7985

What exactly are you talking about? I am on Blackgate server, enter wvw every single day and have never had an hour wait to get in.

A couple weeks ago the queue times were terrible and Anet has fixed that. Was it really needed to make a thread and pretend you have terrible queue times when actually you dont like people transferring to Blackgate?

The servers are for all the players, not for your personal use. If you don’t feel that the server you are on is giving you the play experience you desire than try a different one.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What exactly are you talking about? I am on Blackgate server, enter wvw every single day and have never had an hour wait to get in.

A couple weeks ago the queue times were terrible and Anet has fixed that. Was it really needed to make a thread and pretend you have terrible queue times when actually you dont like people transferring to Blackgate?

The servers are for all the players, not for your personal use. If you don’t feel that the server you are on is giving you the play experience you desire than try a different one.

Yes I think it is perfectly acceptable to ask people that have been on Blackgate all along, forming a community, to have to move off the server to make room for transfer trash. There are some legit reasons for transferring, but what we see now is a rotating server killing machine. Have fun killing another one.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

The problem with Blackgate is that it has become the most stacked server in this game’s existence. What is disgusting about it is that given the opportunity, to make a healthier WvWvW reality, everyone simply stacked on BG instead of actually spreading out to promote competition.

- Blackgate received Old Denravi guilds = that alone would’ve been sufficient to guarantee competitiveness in Tier 1
- Blackgate got a massive EU Alliance DEYS composed of multiple guilds = that alone guarantees them to win Tier 1 since no other server has a sizeable EU force
- ET SEA guilds left and then went on to Blackgate = this is where it’s getting ridiculous, that everyone’s stacked on that server

and this is thrown on top of all the NA and Oceanics already there

Blackgate has become the most stacked server we have ever seen and it is ridiculous and utterly completely disgusting imnho

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Just wait til BG goes up to tier 1. There will be fights then. Keep in mind who you are facing, two dying servers who lost the bulk of their WvW community. most servers would crush them.
Though you’re correct on one thing, queues will become worse and worse and intolerable.

And then what do you think will happen? The exact same people will transfer down to another lower server and repeat the cycle of misery all over again.

Free transfers really really need to be locked down.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: epics.9310

epics.9310

tier 1 will balance things out. I’ve seen these commanders that transferred in action and its literally a disgusting mix of roleplayers and just bad decisions. to top it off, people just falling over when not outnumbering players 2:1.

Believe me, this trash can is FAR from stacked.

lolcommander #1 to #9: I NEED —FULL-- reports!! Dont just say xx is here and they have xx many people! say things like 10 warriors and 25 rangers"

lolcommander #6 to 14: “just got wiped to a zerg, all to garrison” (they were wiped by an enemy guild “PRO”, only had maybe 12 people to blackgates 25+)

examples could go on and on~

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Our small guild was forced to leave ET because we just went to WvW and nobody was left on ET to fight the zerg.

We lost all of our influence because of this BS. We moved to a low tier server this time to try and get away from the zergs but losing all the influence really sucks. Small guilds get shafted by this free transfer lemming BS in a huge way.

in WvW

Posted by: Horndrid.5794

Horndrid.5794

Yes I think it is perfectly acceptable to ask people that have been on Blackgate all along, forming a community, to have to move off the server to make room for transfer trash. There are some legit reasons for transferring, but what we see now is a rotating server killing machine. Have fun killing another one.

Agree with this and transfer trash is a great name. I call them the Borg cause wherever they go they consume and destroy. I just hope and ask the folks that were on Blackgate before this invasion of garbage to hang in there and stick it out. The garbarge wont stay long we all know that. And Anet get your heads out of your kitten and fix this crap.

in WvW

Posted by: zardorz.7985

zardorz.7985

I have been on Blackgate since the game went live, I am not seeing how trashing your team is in anyway helpful or constructive.

The transfer mechanic is there, that is Anet’s decision to have it there. Just blindly pointing a finger at everyone on our server and calling them names because they MAY have transferred is immature.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Please don’t move away to Tier 1 Blackgate, I’d love to play against you next week!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

epics.9310

wouldnt call it trashing, more of a.. detailed war report

in WvW

Posted by: Steadfast.5827

Steadfast.5827

Moderator please close this thread early, its going to be another thread of Charlie Prince, and other trolls, saying the same thing and flaming Blackgate for whatever reason. Blackgate’s is a PvE minded server, and so was our transfer’s. We have had no queue longer than 20 minutes in 2 weeks, except on Friday nights which before our transfers was 2 hours long anyways. Now your small guild is still welcome, but this matchup isn’t what it could have been a month ago. Its not our fault the TA and AA alliances broke up and dispersed. We asked a few to come over and people following Charlie’s “blackgates stacked zomg zomg zomg” posts are whats making it a stacked server. Not what we did. We’ve turned away several guilds on the basis that we are happy with where we are at in WvW and we are confident that our coverage will be UNDER that of IoJ-JQ and SBI. Of course we will not have a good idea of our Oceanic coverage until next week.

Point is this Blackgate has a welcoming community and THAT attracted the guilds that are here now. We don’t want to win every match, we want to fight every match. This is the second week in a row with us being against lower pop servers, and its not a good thing for our server.

So if you truely are part of Blackgate “From the beginning or oldschool” whatever you wish to call it, then you should know already that we don’t condone this tone with guilds who we have welcomed onto this server. Please be kind and curious to our new transfers who wanted to come here because (as they all have stated) “Blackgate is an awesome and wonderful server and the people are so nice!” And that statement should be what we continue to strive for.

Vincent Seyani – 80 Necromancer [HB] Beastgate
Torgrin Direwolf – 80 Warrior [HB] Beastgate

(edited by Steadfast.5827)

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

I have been on Blackgate since day 1 and I am so annoyed by this, the last 2 weeks have been terrible in my opinion. The only thing Blackgate needed was some help in overnight support, not every power house guild and bandwagoner from every other server, this has literally ruined the “Beastgate” community feel and reputation we once had, huge things with small numbers is what we were all about, there was a reason why so many other servers looked forward to fighting us over the last couple months and that was because they were guarenteed a fair fun fight. Sad to see so many original day 1 Blackgaters leaving for other servers now and many more will be leaving in the upcoming days for what I have been told by friends in multiple guilds. RIP Beastgate

in WvW

epics.9310

No one has ill will to the transfers on game, everyone’s getting along fine except these raging commanders, so im not sure where you’re desire to say “please be kind to transfers” is coming into play. My post even defends us against peoples belief that blackgate is ruining WvW by saying our quantity is balanced out by our low quality.

For the record, i encourage people transferring~

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

I am from Blackgate and don’t listen to these guys. We love transfers and we need more. PLEASE if you are a prime time NA player transfer to our server. Queues are never longer than 7 minutes on Friday nights for EB and we are welcoming and will buy transfers food and sharpening stones for WvW.

We got a few no name guilds from some server called HoD and another one called ET. Those servers are getting crushed by us right now. These guys probably transferred off this week after they saw our true power.

Again, please, we NEED you to transfer to us, especially if you are an NA prime time player.

in WvW

Posted by: Steadfast.5827

Steadfast.5827

Picklez bud, we don’t need more animosity on our server by getting more people. Blackgate will wake up in tier 1. Kitten you’ll see more Blackgate next week if SoS gets up to tier 2. The server is right where we need it, you just won’t know it until we face a server that has tier 1&2 population.

Vincent Seyani – 80 Necromancer [HB] Beastgate
Torgrin Direwolf – 80 Warrior [HB] Beastgate

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

Just like you said, they’re all trolls and this is a troll thread. Threads like this should be closed. We welcome anyone and everyone to our server and we need more NA prime time players, especially of you can play Fri-Sun. Don’t let silly threads like these scare you off!!

in WvW

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Ah, these type of threads are laughable. First off, we’re not a T1 server, and probably aren’t even ready for tier 1 to be completely honest.

What happened this week is that HoD and ET are servers that lost a lot of guilds. Some came to Blackgate (their choice), yes, but they simply fill up server during the night in which we had almost no one to help us previously. But this week doesn’t show Blackgate’s strength, it shows how much HoD and ET have died. When the servers switched, both servers had the Outmanned buff.

I’m an active PvPer. I play around peak hours 5-10pm. On Wednesday and Thursdays, I have off, so I’m on sometime around 5pm to 10am. The only time I ever run into WvW being full is around 5pm SOMETIMES, or 5pm on Fridays due to the servers switching and everyone wanting to knock people out early to prevent upgrades and so forth.

Blackgate is fine. If you really have a problem, you’re welcome to leave, but please don’t act like you’re forced out. From my experiences, there is always time to play in World vs World on Blackgate.

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

“transferring” is what ruining the game, support my thread, let ANET hear our voice

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Free-Server-Transfer-is-killing-WvW

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: Calypso.2097

Calypso.2097

Not sure what the OP’s problem is but Blackgate has had the same WvW queues since launch. In fact, during the last 2 days I have had instant queue into all borderlands and 5 minutes into eternal in prime time. Don’t get me wrong, this week is a joke, but OP is a liar and none of what he said is remotely true.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Picklez bud, we don’t need more animosity on our server by getting more people. Blackgate will wake up in tier 1. Kitten you’ll see more Blackgate next week if SoS gets up to tier 2. The server is right where we need it, you just won’t know it until we face a server that has tier 1&2 population.

It won’t be SoS making it to Tier 2, it will be SoR and if you think Beastgate is good……

CAN’T WAIT!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: CharliePrince.2071

CharliePrince.2071

I have been on Blackgate since day 1 and I am so annoyed by this, the last 2 weeks have been terrible in my opinion. The only thing Blackgate needed was some help in overnight support, not every power house guild and bandwagoner from every other server, this has literally ruined the “Beastgate” community feel and reputation we once had, huge things with small numbers is what we were all about, there was a reason why so many other servers looked forward to fighting us over the last couple months and that was because they were guarenteed a fair fun fight. Sad to see so many original day 1 Blackgaters leaving for other servers now and many more will be leaving in the upcoming days for what I have been told by friends in multiple guilds. RIP Beastgate

+props and much respect for being honest

not so sure why people get so hurt by the truth

guess the old saying is true

truth hurts

in WvW

Posted by: Alumisoul.9072

Alumisoul.9072

Blackgater here for about 2 months now. I’m liking where our server currently is. What you are seeing this week is a combination of Blackgate getting stronger and HoD / ET disintegration. These two servers has had their wvw base leave them. Simply put, they do not belong in tier 2-5, maybe even lower.

Honestly, the queue times are not bad on BG. You may have a decent queue time for EB in an even match but thats expected. All of the higher tier servers have this.

I really am getting tired of these doom and gloom threads about Blackgate. I personally welcome our new comrades to Blackgate. If they choose to leave in a couple of weeks that is fine too, I am pretty confident that the original BG community is here to stay. This is why BG is different from the previous HoD and ET. BG isn’t made of these mega alliances that we saw on those servers. BG is made of several smaller wvw guilds that have banded together to do well in WVW. So you won’t have the same massive falling out that you had there, if it ever comes to that.

Deadi – LVL 80 Guardian
Blackgate – Team Nemesis [nem]

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

That is a lie, there are no queue times on Blackgate. I think this guy is only a bad loser

in WvW

Posted by: Pepperburg.8671

Pepperburg.8671

Of course there are no queue times… who exactly is going to queue for a EB or a BL just to dance naked in front of the enemy spawn?

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

Transfers are being used to stack ridiculous numbers of people on different servers and just destroy the matchups for 6 different servers at once.

It’s a rotating epidemic slowly and surely killing wuvwuv.

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Wow, blatant troll thread. Not one serious comment in 24 posts besides the ones calling this a troll thread.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Cakoluchiam.6901

Cakoluchiam.6901

Blackgate from day 1 here. We’ve always been great and will continue to be a great server. Reasonable WvW queues, outstanding friendliness among player base and guild alliance.

The only problems right now are the absolute domination we’re showing in Tier 2, and I’m fairly certain that’s just because HoD and ET haven’t gotten bumped down sufficiently since they lost their power guilds (i.e. we’re actually playing more like a tier 4 match right now). Once free transfers close up and the WvW tiers stabilize, I think we’ll have some steady excellent competition at a solid tier 2.

Gryphonix – 80 Ranger, Blackgate [BBG][EC][FS]

in WvW

Posted by: Jereguy.3498

Jereguy.3498

How can people call this a troll thread. The queues when the server resets are legitimately 2 hours long which remain that way until the enemy gives up and doesn’t bother logging into WvW. That’s the problem. Since the new transfers this server has an overabundance of people pvping which cause incredibly long queue times until the point where the enemies just don’t bother logging in then it’s insta queue.. But for what ? Sitting around naked at a boarder keep like someone mentioned? I do see some points where we will be in tier 1, but what happens when our overpopulated server is doing the same then? The system as a whole needs some modification, xfers charges should be implemented or people are just going to be transferred. Creating animosity wasn’t the intent of this post. The intent is to get the devs to notice how this system is currently not working properly.

in WvW

epics.9310

they call it a troll thread because people disagree with them. troll today just means someone outside of your own beliefs. so dumb

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

The problem with Blackgate is that it has become the most stacked server in this game’s existence.

Until any server can say they consistently get 3-5 hour ques around the clock like HoD did, they can’t lay claim to that xD HoD saw a frankly ridiculous amount of people transfer in ):

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: ruok.8560

ruok.8560

In response to Alumisoul.9072 speak for yourself about the BG community. I have been on BG since release date and I love wvw but am completely disapointed with it since the large guilds moved to our server. Everytime I go into wvw we have the map completely dominated and there is no oposition. I end up standing around doing nothing as there is no one to fight.

The problem your not for seeing is if free server transfers are left open once we get to the top tear they will bounce to another server. Leaving our dedicated BG community completely out manned against the true top tier servers. At which point it will take awhile for our ranking to drop back down to where we truely belong.

The biggest problem with free server transfer’s is that giant guilds switch server’s boost that server to a ranking where they didnt previously belong. Then repeat leaving said boosted server in a situation where they have no reason to enter wvw other than to get utterly destroyed.

I guarentee in a few weeks if free server transfers are left open when these giant guilds leave BG our server will look like this weeks matchup oponents where we have no one from BG in wvw because we get face pwned just walking in. This will remain for a few weeks until we return to a proper ranking. So what free transfers are doing is ruining the wvw game play for about 3 weeks. Then its competative for a little while until the giant guilds server hop again at which point it ruins the the game for another 3-4 weeks for both servers involved.

Simple solution is stop free server transfers give a set date preferable soon. At which point you start charging for a server transfer. And i really dont see why Arena-net hasnt already implimented this as server transfer’s could be another source of income for a F2P game. Every MMO i’ve ever played charged you to do a server transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Forsaken.2167

Forsaken.2167

In older mmo’s picking the best named servers worked because you wanted to be with the high population for the most competition. It appears the elite pwners did not get the memo though on WvWvW… What surprises me though is even the big super elite guilds that claim superiorty took the cheesy route, you can find them all in one of the top 3-5 servers huddling next to each other. Then people go and blame free transfers or ANET, sorry no it is the community at fault here, ANET isn’t forcing all the good guilds to cram into the top 3-5 servers. Tough on the outside, cowards within.

Moderators make the best Trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

@Forsaken your point on it not being Anet’s fault for guild clustering isn’t entirely correct. Anet has setup a system which encourages a 24/7 active cycle. For that to happen with the given amount of PvP players. It comes to no surprise in order to have good competition during much of the 24/7 cycle, as much of the active time slots would need to be filled.

I’ve made this prediction early in that this would happen, 4-6 servers would consolidate as the goto PvP servers to support such a system. Low and behold it’s happening, sadly leaving the rest of the servers predictably under populated.

I’ll also add that another part of the problem is Anet overestimated the PvP population, given the system they have in place. It would be nice to find out from Anet metrics how many players are active in PvP vs PvE. That number would give an ideal estimate of how many servers would be sustained for the 24/7 WvW system.

-KNT- BG

(edited by Krakah.3582)

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

The only people at fault for what has happened to Blackgate is Arena Net.

If you need to vent then vent at Arena Net. They have allowed these absurd transfers to continue for 2 MONTHS!

If everybody made a big enough stink about this then maybe, just maybe we would see them turn of the free transfers at last.

I do agree though my guild came to Blackgate a while back from JQ because it had a good rep, because there was no queues and because they actually had some good matches going. This experience has now in ruins. Again its not the guilds who transferred fault, its Arena Nets problem that they created through lack of foresight.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

I’ve been on Blackgate since launch and I don’t think this is a troll thread. I haven’t experienced any long queues personally, but I have been out in WvW without finding any enemies to fight.

I have no issue with new players/guilds moving to the server, but I’ll admit that the notion of Zerg transfers is somewhat concerning. I think it’s too soon to tell how this will all really play out and ultimately it may not be a problem at all.

In the spirit of the upcoming election, I’ll lay out my thoughts on this subject, campaign-style:

1. Community

I think community is key. The idea of alliances, coordinated efforts, inner and inter-server politics and drama adds longevity to the gaming experience. Giving people a sandbox and letting them play out their own struggles as they try to work together in WvW is provides richer and deeper content than any patch or expansion ever could. It creates personal stories that people will remember much longer than any quest line or series of encounters.

2. Progression

The idea of working together as a server to improve WvW effectiveness and success over the long run is very compelling and exciting. Efforts put into coordination and relation building one week, can pay dividends weeks and months later, providing a steady sense of personal, guild, and server progress that can help keep folks engaged for a long time.

3. Drastic Change

Logging in one day and finding your server suddenly dominating everything in WvW isn’t a good feeling. If our success or failure as a team seems more dependent on what guilds decided to transfer on/off our server that week than anything else, it can make greater long-term efforts seem futile. It’s the difference between feeling empowered and powerless.

4. Personality Churn

If you WvW enough, you’ll start to get to know all the regulars who are out there. You learn the leaders, the highly skilled players, the determined defenders, the brave ressers, the self-fish gankers, and the steadfast suppliers. Learning the personalities of these people is a very compelling part of the fun. If there’s lots of churn due to player-organized group transfers, you lose the ability to discover these personalities since people are there one week and gone the next.

5. Pride and Loyalty

Very few things drive people’s actions more than pride and loyalty. How many people in this thread identified ourselves as being part of the Blackgate community for months? When people take pride in their community, they are more likely to keep playing. When people feel loyalty to those they fight alongside day in and day out, they become hesitant to abandon them for another team, another game, or often even real-life.

6. Server Transfer Problem

I’m the last guy who wants to go spouting off suggestions to fix a problem when it’s unclear if it even really exists yet, but assuming it turns out to be: Server transfers seem to be an important and necessary feature for a variety of reasons, so it may be entirely off the table to take them away. If that’s the case, one solution would be to add a Loyalty bonus.

Loyalty Bonus: Provides a small incremental cumulative bonus of some type to those who stay on a server. Maybe it’s a daily thing that accumulates each day you engage in some meaningful WvW participation. It could max out after 2 months or 2 years, it just needs to reset to zero if you move to another server.

Then again, maybe I’m just crazy.

-Lensar

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

The bored Blackgate players transfer to SoR for a few days to ruin tier 3 as well. At least SoR are paying them, though.

in WvW

Posted by: Taemek.1602

Taemek.1602

The only people at fault for what has happened to Blackgate is Arena Net.

If you need to vent then vent at Arena Net. They have allowed these absurd transfers to continue for 2 MONTHS!

If everybody made a big enough stink about this then maybe, just maybe we would see them turn of the free transfers at last.

I do agree though my guild came to Blackgate a while back from JQ because it had a good rep, because there was no queues and because they actually had some good matches going. This experience has now in ruins. Again its not the guilds who transferred fault, its Arena Nets problem that they created through lack of foresight.

It is pretty clear imho, they just don’t care.

Game is on a downward spiral anyways and most the PvP orientated people will jump ship in Novemeber with the new Darkfall game is released, then WvW will be even worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Irony.5203

Irony.5203

sigh another one of these threads.

Blackgate Community: Stay out of this one.

IoJ: Circlejerk more please

Irony Torzung – [US] Blackgate
Blackgatewvw.com – Website Administrator
1st Generation War Council Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Snow Aeth.1937

Snow Aeth.1937

Until you see BG dominate tier1, kitten about BG.
If you see BG dominate tier 1 like HoD used to do, that’s when you can complain.

SBI/JQ/BG match next week would be perfect to see where BG stands right now.
So pretty please IoJ, you guys got to test yourself against them, now let BG have a go.

“I can outrun a centaur”
Hacking your orbs since 2/11

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

I’m anxious to see how the tier 1 match works out next week. Will it be won in the first hour? Until they get server transfers figured out, I don’t think it really matters who claims they are the best. I’m just not sure why people even bother stacking a server. The result seems like a lot less fun to me. In many ways.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

I would really LOVE for Blackgate to go to T1. I used to be on HoD, but I temporarily moved to Kaineng cause it was stupid seeing siege right outside our citadel gates. However, as it stands, it seems Blackgate is going to be #4, and HoD’s only going to drop to #6, so it’ll probably be another roflstomp rematch.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

The truth of the matter is that ArenaNet really messed up with their transfer systems. It is too late at this point for them to fix it so the only thing they can do is let server populations equalize. The result of this equalization is that most WvW players will be on one of the top 3 servers. The question at this point is which 3 servers will it be, since there seems to be 4 tier 1 servers. Will IoJ exodus to JQ, SBI, Blackgate? Maybe it will be SBI that splits apart. Perhaps Blackgate will face JQ/SBI and get absolutely demolished causing people trying to get a bandwagon ride to the top to transfer to other tier 1 servers. A long shot would be another HoD style exodus in an attempt to raise another server to tier 1. Who knows!

in WvW

Posted by: Forest.4197

Forest.4197

If I was ArenaNet, I would ignore their points system and manually determine the match up for ET and HoD – they have data, use it. At least make sure the tier 1 match is Jade Quarry, Stormbluff Isle, and Blackgate, and tier 2 is Isle of Janthir, Sea of Sorrows, and Sanctum of Rall because those are the current top 6 servers without a doubt.

in WvW

Lensar.4920

The issue maybe less about server transfers and more about queue times. When WvW focused players and guilds have to wait hours to get into the fight, they are going to start thinking about transferring to a server that has fewer queues. Of course, the reality of things is that the top tier servers might always have some form of queue.

On the other hand, it will be interesting to see what happens this weekend. Hopefully, the fighting lasts more than a couple hours after reset before two of the realms give up. The only action I’ve seen in the past week was border keep camping on blackgate.

It’s not good if a week long fight gets decided in the first 2 hours, and the rest of the time involves everyone waiting around for reset. I’m not sure how often this happens on other match ups, but if this is systemic, maybe they need to make new pairings/resets happen more often? Every 3 days? Every 24 hours?

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

welcome to T-1 Blackgate

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Lensar.4920

People transferred on and people transferred off. Seems like most of us were spot on about this thread you necroed.

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

I found it extremely fitting. Just saw it.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Lensar.4920

Things are actually much better now. Back then, there was literally NO ONE out to fight at all and we owned absolutely everything. It was pretty crappy.