Blackgate going Tier1 again

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

It looks like Blackgate is going to tier1 again. Its been a while, but after winning tier 2 for god knows how many weeks, I think we have deserved it.

We in HB are looking forward to it, and I know alot of other guilds is aswel. Its going to be a first vs. SoS and we got alot of good memories fighting the JQ guilds.

Made a small video about heading into tier 1. I hope you will take your time watching it and leave a comment. See you on friday.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Aash.7962

Aash.7962

Being in Tier 2 I’m glad to see them go. Not personal, I’m sure they are a great bunch of people. BUT they have too many good oceanic guilds. It gets VERY frustrating to work all day to gain territory only to know full well that come night time when TC goes to bed they’ll take virtually the entirety of every map and then it’s rinse and repeat.

I know ANET said “deal with it” but the imbalance created by oceanic guilds on some worlds really takes the competition out of it. I can only assume it’s equally unpleasant for them as they log on and there’s no real competition.

I pray for a fix to this issue someday.

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

I liked the video. There is a guild on BG called Tnt? Tni? Tandnsomething… I am looking forward to them coming back as well, I had many many long duels with some of their members. I will miss SF/Mord from SBI has I get into good scraps with them as well. Both JQ and the Snosberries have great oceanic guilds, so I think you’ll enjoy yourselves. =)

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

Good luck in T-1 guys. Remember your past mistakes, and battle harder than you ever have. You have a great chance to succeed in T-1 this time around. I’m rooting for you.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Sigh. For lack of a better phrase, haters are going to hate. We have hardly gotten “stacked”. Winning in this game requires the best coverage you can put out around the clock. Because we win, it becomes easy to dismiss this as “Oceanic PvDoor”. When your server puts out the total points of more than the other servers combined, I think that coverage can’t possibly be the only thing that enabled you to win. I am waiting for people to learn how to lose gracefully instead of trashing on a server for having more players, because we totally have control over our population.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Fun video. Nicely done, Smokee. And congratulations to Blackgate.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

in WvW

Posted by: magicthighs.5372

magicthighs.5372

Congratulations, mate. I see you’re still as awesome as you were on karak-azgal.

Regina Dentata (Guardian)
Melenkurion Abathas (Thief)
Desolation (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I am waiting for people to learn how to lose gracefully instead of trashing on a server for having more players, because we totally have control over our population.

Losing gracefully would imply that these people have class, which they do not.

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Cool vid guys, nice music choice.

Have fun in T1.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Despite the glacier like slowness of the system, when it does change its pretty exciting to see new servers move up and down. To see you guys in third place at the end of the week would really surprise me tbh because I just don’t see how T1 would have so much more coverage than you guys. If its just up to ability or knowledge of wvw tactics though, you guys are fine. Also, your success in t2 really swelled your numbers during NA to a pretty impressive level to match your Oceanic. Anyways, good luck!

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Being blunt. Was almost sick in my mouth watching that. Seriously tempted right now to transfer RG this Friday to Jade Quarry. Seems Yanks are eating up your propaganda guild.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I am waiting for people to learn how to lose gracefully instead of trashing on a server for having more players, because we totally have control over our population.

I don’t normally get involved in the tier 2 drama but I stay up on it being on SoR.

So I just want to nicely point out that what you said can as easily be applied to the winners.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Samhayn, I could not agree more. I would not imply that TC or SoR does not have excellent guilds and players any more than players from TC or SoR implying that BG doesn’t have skill and only wins because of numbers. I will be the first to congratulate others on a good fight and will seldom talk about the victories that my guild or server achieves, instead congratulating my opponents on good assaults, defenses, and matches. Civility is all I ask for because I would not treat others the same way whether we were in the lead or not. Making excuses for losing is the greatest disrespect to the victor, implying that they did not really earn it.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Clap.1507

Clap.1507

Being blunt. Was almost sick in my mouth watching that. Seriously tempted right now to transfer RG this Friday to Jade Quarry. Seems Yanks are eating up your propaganda guild.

That was the point…we want to be “targets” and welcome the challenge.

Just some friendly banter…..I’m sure JQ would welcome you….come on over

Blackgate Invader [HB]

in WvW

Posted by: Sacrx.6721

Sacrx.6721

Be nice to see this War Machine if we swing by the US for week. Any chance them going Blackgate or SOS, for one week?. Before going back to roleplay on Kaineng.

Red Guard – Ultimate Dominator World First 25/6/13
if carlsberg played Guardian.

(edited by Sacrx.6721)

in WvW

Posted by: Stanley.3295

Stanley.3295

There will be an endless tide of SoS zergs and portal bomb galore. Imagine the badges of honor you will be getting!

in WvW

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

>waves to Black Gate<
Bye.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Blackgate doesn’t need to be smart to be beat SoS, they just need the numbers. But they would need to be smart to beat JQ. My money is on JQ.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Blackgate doesn’t need to be smart to be beat SoS, they just need the numbers. But they would need to be smart to beat JQ. My money is on JQ.

As is mine.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Euka.9014

Euka.9014

Great video. For some reason, it made me tear up. Good luck in T1 and I’ll be rooting for you.

Eukari [EP] [PIX] ~ Cutest Asuran Ranger ^.^
Tarnished Coast
Damn you for trying to look like me!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

Ah..KnT was the guild I was looken for. I think I spent 1/2 of the 2 weeks BG was in T1 last time fighting one silly KnT guardian.

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

I don’t normally get involved in the tier 2 drama but I stay up on it being on SoR.

So I just want to nicely point out that what you said can as easily be applied to the winners.

Of course that is true. Anyone who trashes a server, be it winner or loser, has no class. I don’t believe my statement insinuated anything to the contrary.

I was not referring to SoR. I was referring to anyone, regardless of server, who doesn’t lose gracefully (such as the person from SoR whose post Esoteric was responding to, and has since been deleted. And of course covenn’s post right above this one, as per usual.).

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

good luk tear 1 BG.

u do good, fite hard and beat tear 1 servers. they not strong kor power lik you. you win make us pruod.

BG #1!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Jedahs.2713

Jedahs.2713

Or perhaps the strategy of SOS is so complex that you cannot see it?

There is a difference between local level tactics and overall grand strategy. You’re talking about local level tactic smart. If you, the enemy, could see how smart we were…..then how smart are we really?

Not that I’ve seen any amazing level of local tactics in Tier 1 at all, from any server including my own. But maybe it’s because I’m living it and don’t see how special Tier 1 is. I something think how advanced I would feel if I suddenly moved to a bottom tier server and compare our tactics with other servers.

SOS plays strategically to win. No matter how many spies, website hacks or anything, you cannot see the grand strategy. Infact, a few of our amazing strategists like Kurthos [Work], NexusMav [ATac], Coron [Tsym], and Amarathy [MERC] openly share SOS tactics with everyone on these forums. We let you know what we do and how we do it so that the level of play is constantly pushed to a new horizon.

We don’t worry about losing our tactical advantage it doesn’t touch on our core strategy.

Jedahs, Sea of Sorrow’s 1st WvW Commander
Resigned Founder of Black Lion Mercenary Corps [MERC]
Join 1500+ WvWers @ blacklion.enjin.com

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkus.2860

Pinkus.2860

Sea of Sorrows – Changing WvW forever

Pinkus – Webmaster
First Light Gaming [DAWN] – PvX OCEANIC COMMUNITY – BLACKGATE
http://www.firstlightgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Forsaken.2167

Forsaken.2167

Well deserved, you can only beat up servers so much before moving up. I swear some days BG decided not to take the entire map just for the sake of keeping some competition around. I don’t have any good or bad feelings for BG really I just know they belong in Tier 1 and I hope they have a better time there and we a closer three way match in Tier 2. Although SBI might be the wrong cupcake for that order.

I’ve been on the steamroll side of things and it sucks just as much if not more, especially if you like to root for the underdog in various situations. It can be hard to get motivated properly, so Good Luck BG. Except that guy who slept on my corpse the other day, he can die.

Moderators make the best Trolls.

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

When your server puts out the total points of more than the other servers combined, I think that coverage can’t possibly be the only thing that enabled you to win. I am waiting for people to learn how to lose gracefully instead of trashing on a server for having more players, because we totally have control over our population.

If those servers leave you alone for fear of retaliation, then you could easily get their points combined by a sustained 24/7 defense. That is, easier with respect to top tiers.

Politically though you may have motivated them to focus on each other, which is not so much a military victory but still a victory. I’m of the opinion that the mere suggestion of a temporary cease fire between the two lower teams can tighten the scores a LOT.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Blackgate – congratulations! I know many of you will be missed on SoR. with the many weeks we were matched up against one another, i can easily say most of the best fights i’ve had, win or lose, were against you lot. and i’ve had the opportunity to further hone my skills and expand the areas of enjoyment of this game.

all the best in T1 and will be rooting for you guys. stay strong! stay Beastly. /salute /bow

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

SOS plays strategically to win. No matter how many spies, website hacks or anything, you cannot see the grand strategy. Infact, a few of our amazing strategists like Kurthos [Work], NexusMav [ATac], Coron [Tsym], and Amarathy [MERC] openly share SOS tactics with everyone on these forums. We let you know what we do and how we do it so that the level of play is constantly pushed to a new horizon.

SS or it didn’t happen

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: TheDevilWithinU.7092

TheDevilWithinU.7092

Sanctum of Rall will soon hopefully be coming into the T1 scene soon once we get our ducks in-a-row coverage wise. Been fun playing against you guys for weeks and weeks. We’ve learned a lot from you guys as a server and we apprecaite it. It will only strengthen our server, best of luck in T1.

| Maguuma | [KEK] | GvG Relic & Historian |
Notorious Nevermore – Guardian

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

it reminds me of golem army vs 1 pot of oil once upon a time when sor vs sos. it once made me ponder over and over again the tactics and conspiracy hiding behind. Being unable to figure out the answer, it frustrates me. I guess this make the difference between the smart strategist and the plain one like me. You never figure out what is swirling in their mind.

lol yeah, that was me

I was young

Whatever, that was like tier 3 :P

And again, local level tactics don’t matter as much as you guys make of it. I know it’s more real when you can see it in your face, but this is what separates a the Julius Caeser, Napoleans, etc from the no name frontline captains. Those who can see the intangible big picture and those who only focus on the tangible thing infront of their eyes.

So we lost 20 golems to a pot of burning oil. You can make fun of me forever. In the end….you earned like 15 points out of the 600k that week, then you still lost. Why remember it for so long?

(edited by Jedahs.2713)

in WvW

Posted by: Setch.2398

Setch.2398

Or perhaps the strategy of SOS is so complex that you cannot see it?

There is a difference between local level tactics and overall grand strategy. You’re talking about local level tactic smart. If you, the enemy, could see how smart we were…..then how smart are we really?

Not that I’ve seen any amazing level of local tactics in Tier 1 at all, from any server including my own. But maybe it’s because I’m living it and don’t see how special Tier 1 is. I something think how advanced I would feel if I suddenly moved to a bottom tier server and compare our tactics with other servers.

We don’t worry about losing our tactical advantage it doesn’t touch on our core strategy.

I didn’t mean to imply that SoS doesn’t have tactics, they do. I was mainly trying to point out how crafty JQ is.

SOR – [Boss]

in WvW

Jedahs.2713

@Setch

Point taken, I pray no hard feelings both ways due to this minor mis-communication.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Good for you. Tier 1- Mindless Zerging vs Mindless Zerging vs Mindless Zerging.

The bad part is that Tier 2 will just get another skill-less Mindless Zerging server that only wins because they have more people and nightcapping.

If only Anet could cap the amount of players to the server with the least amount and only let more in when enough have queued from all three servers, then it would solve this problem.

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

Good for you. Tier 1- Mindless Zerging vs Mindless Zerging vs Mindless Zerging.

The bad part is that Tier 2 will just get another skill-less Mindless Zerging server that only wins because they have more people and nightcapping.

If only Anet could cap the amount of players to the server with the least amount and only let more in when enough have queued from all three servers, then it would solve this problem.

Somebody call the waaaaaambulace….ten bucks says this kitten is from SoR

SoR? Yep. Think what you will but population bias is a valid problem that can be solved. Until it is, Tier 1 is a joke and is something not exactly to brag about. Most people there are bandwagoners anyways lol. Skill-less zerging, power in numbers. I know this this by fact because 9/10 I get into a even numbered skirmish with BG I win, no problems. Tarnished Coast? Not gonna lie, they have their fair share of skilled players. I’ve had the same experience with other servers. T1 tends to have more players yet somehow, less skill.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

So, according to you, NA players should be able to just jump into maps and if one server chooses to completely ignore a map, then the other two should suffer. And players who bought and paid for a game should be denied the ability to play the game they bought because other servers don’t have quite as many in their time zone, so they get penalized for having more players. That is the kind of hand holding that would ruin this game. You want balanced PvP? Go play structured. WvW is inherently unbalanced, it’s high time you got used to it.

24/7 coverage is nothing new to any RvR game. I’m sure your even numbered skirmishes with BG totally happened and you wrecked all of them. With such superior PvP players like yourself, you and your server should be winning every week! Oh wait… I seem to have heard about a 4-man FA group that wiped a mindless zerg 6 times their size. They made a video about their prowess. Where’s your video? If you don’t have one, maybe you should take a second to take your hands away from thumping on your chest and use them to look up a class guide so that you can become the PvP player that your server needs.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Ulysses.4765

Ulysses.4765

Please kick Blackgate out of here already. I always enter WvW with the Outmanned bonus and it really gets annoying. It’s not a fair fight. It’s a 4:1 ratio at all times. ._.

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Imagine if SBI pull out something before friday and get second place, would be funny

I took an arrow to the knee

in WvW

Posted by: Flawed Victory.4321

Flawed Victory.4321

it reminds me of golem army vs 1 pot of oil once upon a time when sor vs sos. it once made me ponder over and over again the tactics and conspiracy hiding behind. Being unable to figure out the answer, it frustrates me. I guess this make the difference between the smart strategist and the plain one like me. You never figure out what is swirling in their mind.

lol yeah, that was me

I was young

Whatever, that was like tier 3 :P

And again, local level tactics don’t matter as much as you guys make of it. I know it’s more real when you can see it in your face, but this is what separates a the Julius Caeser, Napoleans, etc from the no name frontline captains. Those who can see the intangible big picture and those who only focus on the tangible thing infront of their eyes.

So we lost 20 golems to a pot of burning oil. You can make fun of me forever. In the end….you earned like 15 points out of the 600k that week, then you still lost. Why remember it for so long?

lol guess i was just missing those good old times. It was one of the best moment I`ve witnessed and will keep it as long as my character exists.
Winning is not everything. I always enjoy the process despite the fact i know i would lose miserably.

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

So, according to you, NA players should be able to just jump into maps and if one server chooses to completely ignore a map, then the other two should suffer. And players who bought and paid for a game should be denied the ability to play the game they bought because other servers don’t have quite as many in their time zone, so they get penalized for having more players. That is the kind of hand holding that would ruin this game. You want balanced PvP? Go play structured. WvW is inherently unbalanced, it’s high time you got used to it.

24/7 coverage is nothing new to any RvR game. I’m sure your even numbered skirmishes with BG totally happened and you wrecked all of them. With such superior PvP players like yourself, you and your server should be winning every week! Oh wait… I seem to have heard about a 4-man FA group that wiped a mindless zerg 6 times their size. They made a video about their prowess. Where’s your video? If you don’t have one, maybe you should take a second to take your hands away from thumping on your chest and use them to look up a class guide so that you can become the PvP player that your server needs.

Well, with this theoretical player cap method, if a server chooses to completely ignore a map (which i’m sure would will never happen) the opposing players would still be able to play, with a player cap of course. Say, around 30? The server would not be able to simply ignore the map. Once the server starts sending players to defend, the player cap will rise and the next 30 or so queued players will join. The player cap will go down and up according to how many players queued from the 3 servers so that no server can have an overwhelming player count advantage. Basically, the amount of queued players will remain relative to all the servers so there will be a balance of players on the field. They could also change the outmanned buff in many ways to help. Now, you may ask, what if a server really does ignore a certain map and the player cap stays at 30? Well, stay in your own region’s server.

Also, link me that video. I always enjoy those type of videos.

(edited by Phoenixfudge.5290)

in WvW

Posted by: ISteveI.9732

ISteveI.9732

Nice video !
Cant wait to meet ya all on battlefield

Some people need to differentiate between WvW and spvp -.-

Sea of Sorrows
Q Xoxo – Elementalist | Styls – Warrior | Stylic – Theif | Stylc – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: nelspec.5804

nelspec.5804

Just ignore those SORe losers, T2 matchup has been the most-replied thread in this forum for many weeks now mainly because SoR can’t accept the fact they are being beaten by BG pugs despite how skilled they think they are.

[Urge] – BG

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Several problems with this method are that when a group completely zones out of a map and leaves 60+ of a given server in there with little to no resistance. What happens when it gets to the point that a map does largely outnumber their opponents? Do they all get kicked out of a map that they queued for? Being outnumbered is part of the game. That is why there is a specific buff for it. I think that the outmanned buff should certainly give improved stats with the possible addition of it’s current ones, but that is the only workable change they could make with regard to numbers other than the breakout events they have already added. This game type was never intended to be fair and any decision other than allowing players to play whenever they want is wrong. Obviously queues for the max population cap are a necessity so that the game can run “properly” (that term is used very loosely).

Additionally, the argument here is primarily due to “nightcapping”. First of all, ANet has said that they are not going to do anything about nightcapping. Second of all, other than there being EU servers, there are no regional servers for Oceanic players. Those players take up room on NA servers for this reason. There are obviously not as many Oceanic players as NA players and for PvE and other reasons, they have made their communities on several servers instead of spreading an already limited population across 24 servers evenly. You view is slanted based on NA not being a problem for most servers since this is an NA bracket. Your solution is one that is of great benefit to your server in particular because of your good NA presence, but lacking Oceanic presence. This sort of balancing was never intended and ANet will not do anything about it. I will concede that the outmanned buff needs some changes, but that is all.

The video is in these boards somewhere. It has a ANet poster in it so it should be easy to find.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: muekung.2518

muekung.2518

Can’t wait to see JQ asian crew vs BG asian crew

in WvW

Posted by: BlackeHawke.9025

BlackeHawke.9025

Good luck to the guilds of Blackgate. You guys still haunt my nightmares :P haha
Ill be watching this matchup intensely

Guild Leader of Hired Assassins [HIRE]
Sanctum of Rall
Level 80 Human Guardian

in WvW

Phoenixfudge.5290

Gah, you make good points. Sorry about all the animosity in my posts. Being outmanned and having everything capped right in front of me at night really gets to me.

Well, at least they took out those stupid power orbs. Those were horrible.

in WvW

Posted by: Gjeep.2084

Gjeep.2084

Except that guy who slept on my corpse the other day, he can die.

Lol, awesome!

Herfolge Boldklub [HB]
Competitive online gaming since 2001
www.HB-eu.com

(edited by Gjeep.2084)

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

A lot of us are anticipating Blackgate’s arrival to T1. Y’all better not disappoint.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Time to face the guys who took T1 from us (SoS)…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

It looks like Blackgate is going to tier1 again. Its been a while, but after winning tier 2 for god knows how many weeks, I think we have deserved it.

We in HB are looking forward to it, and I know alot of other guilds is aswel. Its going to be a first vs. SoS and we got alot of good memories fighting the JQ guilds.

Made a small video about heading into tier 1. I hope you will take your time watching it and leave a comment. See you on friday.

Nice video , I guess.

But in my honest opinion, the guilds in the US need a serious wake-up call from someone like RG, OSC, ZDs or VOTF.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy