Blacktide Silver Champion hits you for...

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

…15,011 damage using Kill Shot.

I’m sorry, but is this normal? Should I delete all my characters and roll 5 Warriors?

Just for reference, I’m a mesmer (yes, light armor), running full ascended celestial trinkets, exotic celestial armor except the boots, which are ascended celestial.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lol I got hit by one too this weekend. It was a war in a big zerg that targeted me and I just did not see him use the skill. I think he hit me more than 15k, and it’s my own kitten fault for standing still like that.

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Yes. Don’t stand still for the 2 seconds it takes to animate the shot. Its not like you could have dodged, hid, blocked, reflected, etc. or even moved out of range in that time….

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Had a warrior one shot (literally) my thief in full dire gear. Didn’t even know what hit me since I was just running around. I was just like, wtf, lag? And then I saw a warrior running towards me and stomped me. Was more fun than annoying ;p

Melder – Thief

in WvW

Geiir.7603

Yes. Don’t stand still for the 2 seconds it takes to animate the shot. Its not like you could have dodged, hid, blocked, reflected, etc. or even moved out of range in that time….

If it’s a glassy warrior it’s hilarious to reflect the shot to make him one shot himself :p

Melder – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

bet the warrior laughed his kitten off about the mesmo not dodging or anything else to avoid that thing u can see come from faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Would have loved to, if only I could see in the middle of 15 other people.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Was fighting in the middle of 25-30 people… Got hit with a killshot doing around 18k damage. That kitten needs to get looked at…

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Geiir.7603

Was fighting in the middle of 25-30 people… Got hit with a killshot doing around 18k damage. That kitten needs to get looked at…

And that’s a 1500 range attack. Yet people complain about a 7k backstab….

Melder – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Yes, you should roll a warrior and try to duplicate it, only to see how exactly it works in practice and understand you simply were unlucky (if in zerg vs zerg) or weren’t paying attention (if in small encounter).
Similarly, those whining about thieves should roll a thief and see if it really is as op as it seems from the receiving side.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

right because there is no way that in WvW you would be looking at anything besides the warrior at range. No way he wasn’t standing behind an npc or other PC or anything. You should always know every attack that’s coming your way and dodge anything thrown at you.

I’m sorry kill shot is to much damage, eviscerate and back stab also got to hard. What I don’t get is why when shatter on mesmers would near one shot people it had to be nerfed but other telegraphed one shot abilities are allowed to stay. Show some consistence.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

My thief got hit by churning earth for 15.2k damage lately. Just saying…

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

a lot of professions can shred you in a very short amount of time, its how anet wants it apparently. my favorite to watch is the elementalists rain fire while in tornado form and clear walls.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Downed in the middle of 25-30 people/in a ZvZ. If you weren’t brought right back up, which made the Kill Shot useless, then your ZvZ was probably losing but you weren’t retreating, or you were with a bunch of bad players.

Also, even if Geiir is being facetious (I hope so), I do love when Thieves try to justify the balance of Backstab by just pointing to some other bigger number. I’d be fine with the comparison, if Backstab had a 1 second cast time, brought the Thief out of stealth, and the Thief would kneel for the duration then lunge for the target. Then the numbers would be balanced.

Anyway, I had two separate Warriors try to Kill Shot me over the weekend. I feared one, dodged the other. By and large, Volley concerns me much more when fighting against Rifle Warriors (which only ever happens when fighting multiple people, in my experience).

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

a lot of professions can shred you in a very short amount of time, its how anet wants it apparently. my favorite to watch is the elementalists rain fire while in tornado form and clear walls.

Elementalists who can do that also die when you so much as sneeze on them, whereas warriors built to do those 15k+ killshots can survive a lot of hits. Big difference.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Elementalists who can do that also die when you so much as sneeze on them, whereas warriors built to do those 15k+ killshots can survive a lot of hits. Big difference.

If you get killed by a killshot you couldnt see due to big group fights, tough luck, its probably the easiest to avoid big hit if you see it and most warriors dont even use rifles

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

A mesmer complaining about a warrior. Did i read that right?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

If you get killed by a killshot you couldnt see due to big group fights, tough luck, its probably the easiest to avoid big hit if you see it and most warriors dont even use rifles

Churning earth is way easier to avoid. It has a huge graphic and a very obvious tell and requires them to get into nearly melee range to land it. Backstab and all the other big hits are all melee range, so letting that happen in a ZvZ situation is certainly avoidable.

It is the hardest to avoid big hit in large group fights because of how unlikely it is you happen to be looking at that one person casting the nearly indistinguishable graphic on tiny asurans. If they had a massive red ring around them, and earth tearing up from the ground, it would be a different story… but they don’t.

That said I don’t really care… it is a zerg build that never works outside of that situation, it is single target, and your zerg can just mass res you. So no reason to cry about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6H4ILEsYKEc#t=81

When that happens to you, you can cry. If it doesn’t, well, then it’s “working as intented”

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

got hit by a 13k kill shot followed by a 13k arcing arrow this weekend. was absolutely hilarious. i feel that killshot is deserving of such ridiculous damage given the long channel time. arcing arrow, not so much.

CD

in WvW

Prysin.8542

got hit by a 13k kill shot followed by a 13k arcing arrow this weekend. was absolutely hilarious. i feel that killshot is deserving of such ridiculous damage given the long channel time. arcing arrow, not so much.

If you look at the video i linked, you’ll see Ranger Longbow AA hitting for 8-11k… that build still works. Its impractical, but works.

in WvW

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

I know it seems ridiculous, but guys it IS called “kill shot” not “mostly dead after shot”.

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

If someone can’t avoid kill shot it means he should L2P, warrior who hits that hard is a glass cannon who will fall on first shatter mesmer clone attack, which is basically unavoidable according to kill shot.

in WvW

Spicyhash.7605

If someone can’t avoid kill shot it means he should L2P, warrior who hits that hard is a glass cannon who will fall on first shatter mesmer clone attack, which is basically unavoidable according to kill shot.

lol, not everything is a l2p issue. i feel like people hide behind this reply because they don’t want their class getting nerfed. when you are in a group fight of really anything > 5 people with a lot going on, it isn’t possible to see what every enemy is doing at all times. killshot is 1500 range which allows the warrior to be pretty far away (out of field of view).

also, just because a class is glassy, doesn’t mean they are a 1 shot. warrior has a lot of ways to avoid damage: shield block, endure pain, berserker stance to avoid condi, sword block, etc. these alone are more than enough to mitigate high damage shatters. i definitely think you’re the bad player in this situation – you most likely abuse the meta and play cheese builds for an ego boost.

tho there really is no excuse for letting a warrior killshot you 1v1.

CD

(edited by Spicyhash.7605)

in WvW

Posted by: Lohre.9031

Lohre.9031

What if they made it so when a warrior was charging killshot and they had you targeted, some sort of tell was shown on your character? Kind of like heartseeker from LOTRO.

Ex: If a warrior targets you and activates killshot, a red dot (like a laser scope) or crosshairs appears on your character for the duration of the channel.

It might help in those situations when you can’t see the warrior in the mass of the zerg. /shrug just throwing it out there for funsies.

in WvW

Spicyhash.7605

What if they made it so when a warrior was charging killshot and they had you targeted, some sort of tell was shown on your character? Kind of like heartseeker from LOTRO.

Ex: If a warrior targets you and activates killshot, a red dot (like a laser scope) or crosshairs appears on your character for the duration of the channel.

It might help in those situations when you can’t see the warrior in the mass of the zerg. /shrug just throwing it out there for funsies.

i don’t understand why aNet added “tells” to hammer skills because one hammer warrior alone isn’t a threat (where the tells can be seen the most). it is in group situations where there are particle effects out the yin yang and you can’t see what the hell is going on that it is a problem.

it’s way too late to change it now but i kind of hate this about ranged classes in general: your shots always hit unless the target is behind a wall or you have low ground on a hill or something. the whole “press 1 to kill someone” auto-targeting is really lame.

CD

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Killshot is fun if you’re in a group. In the chaos of a busy battle, I can see how you weren’t able to dodge it.

Hammer tells was totally needed. 1 hammer warrior isn’t a threat IF you have stability which some classes do not have easy access to.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

Posted by: Spyder.9713

Spyder.9713

what confuses me is the ranger should be the sniper class and they give the sniper skill to the warrior?? lol good old anet

in WvW

Prysin.8542

what confuses me is the ranger should be the sniper class and they give the sniper skill to the warrior?? lol good old anet

look at the video i posted…. yes, we snipe, and when we spec for sniping, the AA alone is doing close to killshot damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I have yet to have a warrior kill shot me from permanent stealth. It’s not just the damage on backstabs, it’s the class on the whole that is broken.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

lol, not everything is a l2p issue. i feel like people hide behind this reply because they don’t want their class getting nerfed. when you are in a group fight of really anything > 5 people with a lot going on, it isn’t possible to see what every enemy is doing at all times. killshot is 1500 range which allows the warrior to be pretty far away (out of field of view).

also, just because a class is glassy, doesn’t mean they are a 1 shot. warrior has a lot of ways to avoid damage: shield block, endure pain, berserker stance to avoid condi, sword block, etc. these alone are more than enough to mitigate high damage shatters. i definitely think you’re the bad player in this situation – you most likely abuse the meta and play cheese builds for an ego boost.

tho there really is no excuse for letting a warrior killshot you 1v1.

Well, if the warrior can just endure pain the shatters, why can’t you blurred frenzy the kill shot? No matter what situation, kill shot is always a lot easier to avoid than the usual mug backstab combo.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Spyder.9713

Spyder.9713

look at the video i posted…. yes, we snipe, and when we spec for sniping, the AA alone is doing close to killshot damage.

yes I watched ur video as soon as I seen it, and it still is not doing the damage a kill shot does, it is pretty nice though but I just wanna see a ranger one shot ppl on long bow so we can have more qq

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

To be fair, you can see the killshot coming and defensively prepare.

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

as a power necro im in no position to complain
/shrug

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED!

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

Is this actually a legitimate complaint people have or just a troll? A kill shot build that does this much damage is completely speced for it and is almost useless outside of getting goofs from the big damage the skill does. There is a reason you don’t see a lot of warriors with rifles.

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Lol. You can see that coming a mile away. Unless when I attack from stealth. I may get half the damage, but I can do it while permastealthed and can hit at least 3x faster. do the math.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Cain.6507

Cain.6507

Lol. You can see that coming a mile away. Unless when I attack from stealth. I may get half the damage, but I can do it while permastealthed and can hit at least 3x faster. do the math.

You Sir, are the thief master. Be careful not to dislocate your shoulder patting your self on the back so hard.

You have no creditability in the thief community, it is fine if you come and troll us, but please stop spreading misinformation in other professions forums.

I get it you hate thief, and you are so good at thief you have 17 thief alts you all play at the same time, and no one in GW2 can kill you because as soon as you target them they drop dead with fear, and you solo all dungeon paths at the same time, but save your trolling for our (the thieves)forums, where we have all learned to laugh at your silly comments, and where your misinformation is actually know to be just that.

Thank you.

Pliskade (Thief, retired, mostly)
Wombatanator (tiny Hammer Warior)
[worm] GoM

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Lol this isn’t a l2p issue if you have 100 things going on in a middle of a zerg fight.

Do I think Killshot should get nerfed? Nah, it’s mediocre at best but it’s just good at surprise gibbing uplevels/zerkers/commanders in a middle of a fight.

http://i.imgur.com/OeBcqrK.png
I was laughing so hard at it and everybody in ts was too.

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Yes, you should roll a warrior and try to duplicate it, only to see how exactly it works in practice and understand you simply were unlucky

nod – I have a warrior that I frequently play and I never use the rifle. Besides the rare kill shot; the DPS and utility on that weapon is dreadful. Just look at the other skills on it for a second: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rifle Also remember that warriors need to be quite glassy in order to get the silliest of damage numbers for that one ability. The player likely heard about it and decided to troll for a bit; he’ll be back at your throat with his PvT gear, paralyzation sigil and hammer tomorrow – don’t worry.

It would be a problem if we saw it all the time: which we certainly don’t.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.6217

ryan.6217

Didn’t read all these comments. I’m thief and i fully respect killshot… if it hits me, I’m most likely afk, if it misses… well.. of course it does.. i’d be okay if killshot simply put you into full defeated state… kitten, it could have a 3 second daze.. the point is that the there are 101 ways to avoid that attack lol

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

He got a lucky shot with a cheese build set up. Chances are someone in that same zerg ate him alive for standing there taking the shot. Keep moving and reflecting as you go. It will help mitigate all damage anyway. Nothing to see here.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Thing is the warrior was probably full zerker to get that dmg which should make him glassy. Yet the warrior and necro don’t really get glassy with zerker gear. War still has endure pain stability heavy armor high hp great passive healing and good condition cleansing. Pretty sure this is why most people pick warrior and necro in spvp. They are the only 2 classes that get big dmg and still maintain good survivability.

in WvW

Geiir.7603

To be fair, you can see the killshot coming and defensively prepare.

~ Kovu

Not necessarily. The few times I’ve been killed by kill shot I was running with my back turned to the warrior (didn’t even know he was there). They have insane mobility and can easily get in range and kill shot before you even know he’s there. You can also defensively prepare for a backstab, can’t you? Aegis, evade, block, invulnerability, blind? It’s the same principle. You actually have more tells about the thief. Because a thief can’t in any normal situation one shot you with only backstab. He need a full combo and probably a heartseeker to finish you off. You can also hear the thief stealth if he’s near or you’ll feel the cloak and dagger, and if he still manages to land his backstab then he either out-played you or you need to learn how to counter thieves, because we’re probably the easiest profession to anticipate what we are going to do next…

I wasn’t complaining. I was laughing about how stupid it sounds that people complain about backstab when warriors with stability, immunity to conditions and physical damage and high mobility can literally one shot people from 1500 range.

Melder – Thief

(edited by Geiir.7603)

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

If it’s a glassy warrior it’s hilarious to reflect the shot to make him one shot himself :p

If you’ve never done this, put it on your GW2 bucket list. It is the absolute best.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I run around with a Killshot warrior for fun sometimes. In a vs a small man it’s terrible, solo you do ok, and in a zerg it’s especially funny, since you can hit multiple unsuspecting targets for massive damage as long as you can stay back and not get ran over.

Timing to dodge Kill Shot is kinda weird since most people don’t run into the build so they sometimes dodge too early or a bit too late. I also use Signet of Might so I can activate it when I know they are going to use some blocking/invincibilty skill.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

my guildie warrior hit someone for 21k kill shot last night

nothing new.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

You mean 2222?

For those that are getting hit with large Kill Shot numbers, you probably had stacks of Vulnerability on you as well as the warrior having used their Signet.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Killshot can be applied in some pretty sneaky ways. We frequently alpha strike Rifle warriors because in a skirmish they can get lost in the shuffle pretty easy (such as the corn at South BL camps).

Eviscerate is an entirely different animal and occasionally viscous because it is frequently not seen coming.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I totally agree with OP. Thief is overpowered and deserves to be nurfed. 15 k damage backstabs into descent amount of armor from 1500 range while piercing targets is totally and ridiculously op.
Edit:. Oh excuse me, I thought this was “qq nerf thief” thread, my bad.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

(edited by Karolis.4261)