Blacktide - To move or not to move?

in WvW

Posted by: Nielscorn.2758

Nielscorn.2758

Q:

Hello everyone,

I’ll just dive right into it. Recently i have gotten back into GuildWars 2 and i especially love doing WvsW when i’m online. 1 lvl 80 engineer and 1 lvl +/- 30 mesmer which I made commander and will be my future main (note: i am not using my commander status in WvsW as i feel i’m not experienced enough yet and have much too low lvl). Problem now is… We are in tier 8 of the 9.
Link: http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

Blacktide started out being famous for its active and strong WvsW community but we seem to have slipped down to nothing… When i roam WvsW theres hardly anyone on and certainly not any nice big zergs…

We do however have a high population when you look at the world transfer screen.
Keeping in mind a very high population takes 1800 gems to move too and a medium population 500.

My questions are simple:

1. Will the WvsW scene improve on Blacktide?
  2. Why do we suck so hard, yet have a very high population?
  3. What do you suggest? World transfer or not?

Be free to add whatever you like to the subject, i’m very interested to hear anything related to Blacktide or WvsW.

Thanks for reading!

in WvW

Nielscorn.2758

A:

I just wanted everyone who reads this to know i have migrated to Piken Square(just before the random reset i might add). Have been having a blast in normal map and WvsW! It’s a true relevation to see english chat and when i ask things, people respond!

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I love wvw and got into it on Blacktide but what seems to have changed lately isn’t population so much as language based. It’s the unofficial Polish server and there’s now more Polish than English in wvw chat, so much of the time I don’t know what people are discussing. Communication is important in wvw, but people are unable or unwilling to communicate with everyone, so the whole group suffers. There have been times I’ve wanted to help in wvw and ended up leaving because I was alienated by /yell spam I didn’t understand and didn’t know what commanders or other players wanted from me. If I have, others have too, so the server is divided. But if there was enough if a demand for a purely Polish server (like the French or German servers) I’m guessing they would have made one.

I wish I’d known this before I joined BT (more server info for new players, please!) because I’m all for a strong Polish community but I don’t fit in. I’m thinking of leaving too, so I’ll be interested to see what other people say the problem is.

Edited to say: I guess I’m answering question 2. As for 1, I don’t know, and 3 is really up to you.

(edited by Sitkaz.5463)

in WvW

Posted by: Blankverse.4927

Blankverse.4927

It’s the unofficial Polish server and there’s now more Polish than English in wvw chat, so much of the time I don’t know what people are discussing..

Yep, i’m exactly in the same situation.
I think it’s about time to rename Blacktide officialy to Blacktide [PL] to avoid situations where english speaking players end up in a server that is 95% polish.

PS. I appreciate, that some commanders do their best to make it easier for other nations. However often it doesn’t work, because everyone else ignores requests to speak english.

in WvW

Nielscorn.2758

Thx for the comments!
I’ve been thinking of moving to another ‘medium’ population server which has a better ranking on WvsW, as that is my main reason to play and also making it affordable to do the transfer.
Any good medium EU servers that are almost entirely english speaking which have an active WvsW community?
I know that’s quite specific but it would really help if anyone could share some insighy

in WvW

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

Thx for the comments!
I’ve been thinking of moving to another ‘medium’ population server which has a better ranking on WvsW, as that is my main reason to play and also making it affordable to do the transfer.
Any good medium EU servers that are almost entirely english speaking which have an active WvsW community?
I know that’s quite specific but it would really help if anyone could share some insighy

Hey man, Ruins of Surmia is a good world for you to join! Its medium populated and has a whole alliance teamspeak for the server to use! Alot of guilds are english and would be more than happy to talk to you before you move

Happy hunting

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I started GW2 in Ruins of Surmia, then moved to Blacktide when transfers were free to have more people to do PvE with.
However when I got my char to 80 and started playing only WvW, I realized that Blacktide is not the server to play in. They didn’t really have an active WvW community, and the communication was severely crippled because of the polish community. And there was only 2 good commanders (Blacktider, and a charr engi whose name I cant remember).
So I moved back to RoS and have had a blast in WvW ever since.

Seriously. Leave Blacktide if you wanna focus on WvW. They will never be a competitive WvW server unless they get WvW guilds from other servers.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

It’s probably as a result in being stuck in T9 for so long. BT did used to have quite a large WvW community when we faced you before (I’m on WSR) but you’ve been in T9 for weeks, maybe even months since then. I am sure many many people changed server or gave up the will to play WvW whilst there because its not fun at all.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Beastie.2437

Beastie.2437

I know how you feel, I started on Blacktide when game 1st launched and it was not a PL server also we did OK at WvWvW not great but some fun battles.

There was a recruitment drive at one point and a lot of Russians and other Eastern Euro’s joined and we powered up to T1. I went on a break at just before Christmas..

After a few months break i have also just returned, and we are struggling in WvWvW, I have seen some “polish” in WvWvW not sure could be any language really but the over all communication is poor.
This was as a little better last night between 8pm and 10pm and a decent amount of people so the useless outmaned buff wasn’t perm attached to me.

Not ready to call it quits quite yet on this server but I understand we seem to be rock bottom so only way is up.

in WvW

Posted by: KayOz.3750

KayOz.3750

Blacktide died because a lot of large guilds left the server. They went from T1 to T9 in like 3 weeks.
If you’re looking for an english speaking server I recommend SFR or probably Gandara.

SFR was on a medium population.. not sure if they’re still @ medium.

Millershund!

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

I don’t get it guys, don’t cry on forum about WvW when you just Got back to game or heard something about BT. As WvW community we are far better than WR, they have better score only due to night rides and common fight with DZ. We wiped 2-3 times bigger main DZ zerg (which is constantly at our border) so many times that it is becoming ridiculous. In equal fight we never lose to WR/DZ. So anybody who dosen’t like blob fighting will be very satisfied here.

Any other language than english on chat is used for non important things. If you want to leave server just do or just ask for help where to go but don’t write something that is completely untruth and can reduce our population and morale because that is just unfair for server you represented.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in WvW

Blankverse.4927

Any other language than english on chat is used for non important things.

No. Just no.
This is how map communication looks like during war on blacktide.

player 1: polish language
player 2: polish language
player 3: polish language
player 4: polish language
player 5: polish language
commander: all go to gari
player 3: polish language
player 4: polish language
player 5: polish language
commander: follow me to camp
player [etc. etc.]

Yep, you’re right, all important massages are english xD
You are really surprised that many players just turn off the chat after 5 min?

in WvW

Posted by: Verbis.8752

Verbis.8752

If you want take the easy way, then yeah, I think you can leave Blacktide. However if you really want to do something for its WvW community…i think its the best time. Can’t find a WvW guild? Make your own! We did this and now we have WvW focused guild with about 200ppl, where 40-70 are online each day and vast majority of them plays only WvW.(Bt is now mainly PvE server-its answer for 2# question) I dont want to make it a recuitment thread or something like that, i want just to infrom you that we want to recreate Blacktide’s WvW community, but we can’t do it all by ourselves.

What we need is cooperation with other guilds(its the hardest part) and maybe 1 or 2 more WvW focused guilds to start climbing up the ladder. Most of our palyers are polish, but we use english in chat and teamspeak if there are english speaking players on-line, so if u wanna join there is no problem. However creating another WvW guild would be a better solution i think. Start from organizing WvW trainings just like we do( using combo fields, running in coordinated group etc.) and teach other players basics also! You will encouter players who even dont know how to join commander squad, target a player, what does “hills” means or that they can make combos by themselves.
I know its not that easy and that it will take a lot of time but its really worth it!

Stop complaining, do something for community.

in WvW

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I don’t know how you’re gonna recreate the community when a good chunk of your population can’t/don’t want to communicate with english speaking players. If you can speak english, why don’t you use it all the time in WvW so english speaking players wouldn’t feel like outsiders?

It’s really rude to flood map chat with language that half of your population can’t understand.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Verbis.8752

Verbis.8752

I know it’s a big issue, i will try to post topics on polish community sites about this, but I really think that english speaking only WvW guilds(if there were any) shouldn’t care about “polish spam”, as some people call it, and should try to suppres it with “english spam” ^^

in WvW

Posted by: kovah.9764

kovah.9764

Hey there
I moved from Blacktide to Seafarer’s Rest and it feels great. Best gold ever spent

“Dear Dev’s, please nerf Rock, it is way OP. Paper is fine, leave it as it is.”
Signed, Scissors.

in WvW

Posted by: Scootus.3251

Scootus.3251

I don’t get it guys, don’t cry on forum about WvW when you just Got back to game or heard something about BT. As WvW community we are far better than WR, they have better score only due to night rides and common fight with DZ. We wiped 2-3 times bigger main DZ zerg (which is constantly at our border) so many times that it is becoming ridiculous. In equal fight we never lose to WR/DZ. So anybody who dosen’t like blob fighting will be very satisfied here.

I could say the same about you guys, i’ll have a word with my guild about these claims because we have never seen a decent fight from Blacktide but then we are stuck fighting DZ 100 man blobs over and over with 30ish on the open field (we have video evidence) every evening in our BL.

Guess we need to take a trip to your BL to see if we can get an equal fight from you eh?

Bravado aside numbers wise WSR is found lacking too (especially between 10am and 4pm GMT a time BT is quite active) so if BT is thinking of moving you could do worse than us.

Scootus Khan [WBC] – Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Scootus.3251)

in WvW

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

It’s nice to hear that the Polish is non-important things, but as well as not knowing for sure (I often hear people talking about siegeza and things, and that doesn’t seem irrelevant) I actually think people should be able to speak their language of choice and the language of majority, which in this case seems to be Polish. So it’s not that I want them to change, and I’m not “crying about it”, I’m saying I don’t fit. I don’t really want to spam English in chat to try to override spammed Polish because that’s just more spam. Not really a solution!

I usually play every day but I never know when I’ll be able to play for sure, so I consider myself a casual player and there’s no way I could throw together a 200 person wvw guild to solve this problem, though that’s a nice solution for those who can. I also don’t mind whether BT are or aren’t better than WR or anyone. What concerns me is how much I enjoy wvw (selfish, right?)

in WvW

Posted by: Lenoir.3579

Lenoir.3579

As being one of your opponents I can only say that we actually recognize your communication problems. In TS people often ask if you actually do communicate at all.
I remember standing at a broken StoneMist-wall and I could observe 2-3 man groups coming from your garrison and running in all directions but not to that open wall. Not even to speak of grouping and entering the wall as a team. You could have easily taken StoneMist because most of our players were busy defending other towers.
Something you’d know if you have scouts that report (also some sort of communication) what’s going on the map.

This should not be a flame. Don’t get me wrong. I’m pretty sure you’d be doing a lot better if you just would work together. And a common language is the first step. Of course this our advantage because it’s obvious that we don’t have that problem on a German server. You have some really good player (I often roam solo), just team a bit and you can have more fun and even more kick our a… :-)

~Dzagonur~

in WvW

Blankverse.4927

As being one of your opponents I can only say that we actually recognize your communication problems. […] Of course this our advantage because it’s obvious that we don’t have that problem on a German server.

On a less serious note:

War of stereotypes.
German orderliness, efficiency & discipline vs Polish happy chaotic anarchy.

in WvW

Posted by: Lenoir.3579

Lenoir.3579

Well, I referred to German as a language here. And I was mentioning the fact that we speak the same language. That’s the same on every server that is dedicated to one language. All those servers have an advantage because nearly all of the players are native speakers.

~Dzagonur~

in WvW

Blankverse.4927

Well, I referred to German as a language here. And I was mentioning the fact that we speak the same language. That’s the same on every server that is dedicated to one language. All those servers have an advantage because nearly all of the players are native speakers.

It was supposed to be a joke, don’t take it too serious.

On topic: I don’t socialize much with other players, so my conclusions may be wrong and there are more english speaking people then it seems on the first look.
I’m actually curious about the nationality proportions on Blacktide. If more then 90% of the community is from Poland, the server really deserves to be renamed in Blacktide [PL], that’s all.

in WvW

Posted by: mtRXX.8793

mtRXX.8793

Any other language than english on chat is used for non important things. If you want to leave server just do or just ask for help where to go but don’t write something that is completely untruth and can reduce our population and morale because that is just unfair for server you represented.

As far as i know we beat your 60 zerg with 30, so yeah equal number fights is pretty much a bomb of red on the minimap when we attack BT. Well, cu soon on the battlefields i guess.

Herb The High / Herbaliser / In Between Space
We Be Chilling – High Commander
GH

in WvW

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

As being one of your opponents I can only say that we actually recognize your communication problems. In TS people often ask if you actually do communicate at all.
I remember standing at a broken StoneMist-wall and I could observe 2-3 man groups coming from your garrison and running in all directions but not to that open wall. Not even to speak of grouping and entering the wall as a team. You could have easily taken StoneMist because most of our players were busy defending other towers.
Something you’d know if you have scouts that report (also some sort of communication) what’s going on the map.
(…)

I could say the same about DZ. Why should we take SM if there is not enough ppl to defend it. Not so long time ago we took all WR border which was abandoned. Then huge DZ zerg came to our full upgraded border and wasted few hours with 0 points earned. Call it whatever you like.

(edited by Sin.4130)

in WvW

Posted by: Scootus.3251

Scootus.3251

I could say the same about DZ. Why should we take SM if there is not enough ppl to defend it. Not so long time ago we took all WR border which was abandoned. Then huge DZ zerg came to our full upgraded border and wasted few hours with 0 points earned. Call it whatever you like.

Starting to think you are trolling, the number of times we have had a Dzag blob on our BL and EB side and not seen a camp out of place on BT BL is all too often….don’t start whining there is a reason WSR is higher scored than BT despite Dzags constant assaults and it obviously isn’t numbers.

Btw what guild do you belong to so I can look out for it on the battlefield

Scootus Khan [WBC] – Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’d recommend the OP try moving to Seafarer’s Rest. Feels good being able to talk in map chat and not see a ton of foreign languages I neither understand nor care about, leave Blacktide for the polish people and that way they can organise themselves properly without us random english speakers getting in the way and being a problem.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in WvW

Posted by: brussel.8097

brussel.8097

I’ve been asking myself the same question. I’m also in North America, so I’m usually active from 01:00 – 06:00 GMT, and there can be some stretches in there where we’re pretty thin.

The Polish chat mostly bugs me in the sense of not knowing quite what I’m missing. Only rarely have I gotten the impression that it was anything important (“Oh, he wants an arrow cart built…somewhere…”) The bigger issue is the overall lack of communication – I rarely see reports of enemy movements, and there are times when I know there are a dozen of us in a map but no indication of where anyone is or where they’re going. I’ll ask and be given a location, then when I get there – nothing (if not an enemy zerg).