Blacktide server player cheating in WvW again

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1493

Michael.1493

Hi there.

Just want to give a heads-up that there are players botting/cheating on Blacktide server again in WvW.

I noticed something strange mid-morning GMT yesterday (3rd of June) when I checked out the current scoring on millenium.org and found that Blacktide had swept almost 100% of all available points. A couple of hours earlier (around 8am GMT) the scores were relatively even across FoW, WSR and BT at approx. 200 each.

I didn’t suspect botting at this point, but instead jumped into WvW on FoW to try to reclaim our lost points.

Today (4th of June) I see the same points domination by BT on millenium.org (although not quite as severe as yesterday, presently 485 ppt) So, again I jump in to WvW to see what I can do to help out our side.

Folks in team chat are talking about Blacktide botting, someone had captured video and it’ll be going up on Youtube etc. Forum posts should be being made etc.

I was jumped on and killed by the botter themselves whilst trying to cap a camp on FoW borderlands. They appeared out of nowhere, killed instantly, and vanished just as quickly, dropping seige on me for good measure. I noticed one guy.

Believe me, I have been killed by sneaky thieves coming out of stealth before and this was definitely not that! lol.

Someone else may also make a forum post about this, further people might post video etc. All I could do was report the guy who killed me as I don’t have recording software.
I encourage folks with hard evidence to come forward and post about it to make the issue as high visibility as possible.

I figure especially in light of the massive PR attention that the punishment of the cheater by deleting account had received a little while back that Anet staff would be VERY interested to learn that they have crawled out from the rock you banished them to previously and are back to their old habits. (I suspect it’s the same person on a different account)

If this issue is reported in other posts, great. My purpose in making this post is to try to draw as much attention to the issue as quickly as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Some people made a vid of a cheater in EOTM, I think it shows perfectly what you encountered. Its on the forum, no reply from a dev or anything. :/

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon Ravenor.5603

Gideon Ravenor.5603

They have been doing it everyday this week from around 11.00 am to 1.00pm. On Saturday we lost an entire T3 boarderland, it was very disheartening for many players on WhitesideRidge who spent time and effort upgrading these structures. The culprits in question run a thief and a mesmer and are using teleport hacks to bypass the walls/gates. A number of players, including myself, have witnessed the actions first hand and I believe some of the events have been recorded.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would greatly appreciate it if ArenaNet were to look into the issue.

in WvW

Michael.1493

I can confirm what you’re saying, Gideon. I went back into WvW after making the post here and can confirm it’s a thief/mesmer duo doing their thing. Time checks out, too. Appears to be a regular play time for these cheats around 11am to 1pm.

in WvW

Posted by: Nozzle.8031

Nozzle.8031

Ahhh….seems Blacktide or should i say Hacktide is a breeding ground for these cretins…..might want to check a previous post that we had this issue in…..ended up with the guy being logged into by a dev and jumping him off a high ledge in DR and banning him….i hope you guys who have caught the cheats on video follow same steps to get these braindead cheats out of the game…….again!

in WvW

Michael.1493

Ahhh….seems Blacktide or should i say Hacktide is a breeding ground for these cretins…..might want to check a previous post that we had this issue in…..ended up with the guy being logged into by a dev and jumping him off a high ledge in DR and banning him….i hope you guys who have caught the cheats on video follow same steps to get these braindead cheats out of the game…….again!

This is precisely the incident I refer to in my original post. It received HUGE attention among Youtubers, bloggers and the story even entered the mainstream news media (I think there was an article about it in a few UK newspapers) It was good PR for Anet and GW2 in general. Sad to see they are back at it again. Someone needs to jump on this before it gets out of control.

in WvW

Nozzle.8031

This is precisely the incident I refer to in my original post. It received HUGE attention among Youtubers, bloggers and the story even entered the mainstream news media (I think there was an article about it in a few UK newspapers) It was good PR for Anet and GW2 in general. Sad to see they are back at it again. Someone needs to jump on this before it gets out of control.

Yes it made the BBC news site

in WvW

Michael.1493

Here is a link to a video made today by one of our commanders on FoW showing the cheaters in action:

https://youtu.be/716FBDb0cDM

The player names are in the video description

EDIT: names removed from this post to avoid infraction (was not aware posting the names here could result in such a thing). Thanks to those who advised me to remove the names

(edited by Michael.1493)

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

That fail at the end. :P

in WvW

Nozzle.8031

That fail at the end. :P

ikr…just aswell they are using hacks or they would be a total failure xD xD

in WvW

Posted by: Khorem.9018

Khorem.9018

Hey Buddys,

i also uploaded a Video to YouTube.

Share share share

Greetings

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Michael.1493, you may want to edit out those names from your post. Naming and shaming on the forums is against the rules and could result in an infraction against you.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The boldness of hackers just shows how rare it is for punishment to be meted out.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

As said above, you can tell GM’s that information directly, but posting the names on the forums is definitely not allowed

in WvW

Michael.1493

Michael.1493, you may want to edit out those names from your post. Naming and shaming on the forums is against the rules and could result in an infraction against you.

Thanks for letting me know. I have removed the names from the post.

in WvW

Posted by: JustDemons.4358

JustDemons.4358

Hi, i can comfirm cheaters in WvW aswell. (I’m from Blacktide).

I just want to add that I saw people from other servers cheating. A Whiteside Ridge member died in a keep, but the corpse remain there after killing. So he could respawn right there when zerg was gone and can overtake the keep again.

I can understand that people are mad about Blacktide cheaters (me and my guild are aswell). But keep in mind that there are cheaters on other servers aswell. The title of the thread is not correct in this regard.

(edited by JustDemons.4358)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

If you look at the play styles and how they play etc you can see a similarity between these two and the two that got banned a few weeks ago.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the same people again but with different accounts.

Also JustDemons, not quite sure what you’re saying, a lot of people leave their corpses in keeps and towers when killed so they can see when the enemy is gone for people in hiding to come out or to push again.

in WvW

Posted by: Chimera.8263

Chimera.8263

> Also JustDemons, not quite sure what you’re saying, a lot of people leave their corpses in keeps and towers when killed…

But how many of those players can resurrect themselves? Yesterday I saw bodies lying on the floor healing even that there was bunch of us nuking entire area around them. There is no way thief could keep stealth for full minute and survive all the damage but yeah – dead bodies got healed and run away like nothing has happened :-/

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They’re both low ranks, perhaps alt accounts?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

WITH EVERY DEATH, DHUUM GROWS STRONGER!

Attachments:

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

in WvW

Michael.1493

Hi, i can comfirm cheaters in WvW aswell. (I’m from Blacktide).

I can understand that people are mad about Blacktide cheaters (me and my guild are aswell). But keep in mind that there are cheaters on other servers aswell. The title of the thread is not correct in this regard.

I am glad to hear that there are players on Blacktide who play fairly (of course there are, clearly the majority of players play the game without cheating).

This thread is about the cheating which has been, and continues to be happening by players from Blacktide. I’m sure there are players on other servers who are not playing fairly, but (with respect) this thread is not about that. I feel the title of the thread is perfectly accurate.

We have evidence of these players hacking from multiple sources with links to video evidence posted earlier.

As a direct result of these players cheating, Blacktide has now overtaken Fissure of Woe in the WvW points totals for this week with only a few hours left in this weeks matchup.
FoW risk a very real possibility of finishing last due to a couple of players cheating. This is especially unfair and disheartening for all those people who have devoted their time and effort in WvW to undo the damage done by these cheaters over this past week, only to have it completely nullified by cheaters again.

Something needs to be done about these players cheating otherwise the already small WvW playerbase in FoW is likely to grow disillusioned and drift away.

As it stands, I am well aware that WvW is a 3-server contest and another server (currently WSR) is also affected by these cheaters. However, I would respectfully contend that the plight of FoW players is greatest here.

This is due to the fact that, currently, BT and FoW are the only “permanent fixtures” of the lowest bracket in WvW, the other server who finds themselves down at the bottom with us usually manages to win the weeks matchup and often gets promoted back up a level and another server comes down. (only to jump back up themselves a week later)

Other servers may have to deal with Blacktide’s hackers from time to time, but Fissure of Woe has to deal with it week after week.

in WvW

Michael.1493

WITH EVERY DEATH, DHUUM GROWS STRONGER!

Praise be to DHUUM! (and yourself Chris)

I’m extremely relieved to see this has got your attention.

I’d be very happy to see these guys go for another jump (or something else creative) in the very near future!

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

So are we now allowed to post about hackers in the forum????

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Oh wow, that’s about the time they come on too, ggnore hackers.