Bloodlust - Remove stat boost! Please!

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Hello,

Bloodlust gives 1 point per kill. Add some mf/exp/karma/wxp bonus (25%) each orb will give people incentive to get the buff and fight over it. What it shouldn’t do is give the server with higher pop a advantage during peak hours. Take gold league as a example & TC. Any server that fights BG/JQ/SoR/TC outside of T1 and T2 doesn’t have the population to fight for bloodlust and fight for keeps/towers so people choose towers/keeps and few straglers fight for bloodlust. The straglers are outnumbered and soon give up on bloodlust which the higher pop server keeps for majority of time. The zergs of smaller pop servers are not only outmanned but have to deal with 3 orbs now too.. It doesn’t make sense. Gold league will have horrible matches because of this guaranteed.

TLDR
Please remove stat boost from bloodlust and swap it for mf/exp/wxp/karma boost instead to help the lower pop servers fight higher pop.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

TLDR: the hundred other posts about this topic.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

As soon as this one gets off page 1 I will be making 101.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Hopefully one day you will realize that doing that makes it LESS likely that any Devs takes your position seriously.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I know +1ing this is a waste of time…. whatver.

+1

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

+2

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

+1, but anet wants to milk money via the server transfers. Really disgusting tbh.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Here’s where it gets really stupid: when a guardian gets 250 vit increase, 150 more from bl boost and 100 more damage – then multiply that by about 50 when viz come a chug chugging along.

I really think all the recent changes are designed to try and force people to play spvp, they certainly haven’t done anything remotely useful to wvw except make it a ghost town outside of peak hours when all those buffs make it totally unfun.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

bloodlust is violating my game mode

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

Agreed with OP !

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Remove ALL stat buffs from BL bloodlust (Power of the Mists vitality + healing power buffs should also go) from the game and I will come to play WvWvW again and PuG command.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

IMO the stat bonus should only be applied on the current map where you hold the majority of ruins. A maximum of +50 stats is not that big of a deal.

in WvW

Posted by: Asguard.4621

Asguard.4621

Stat boosts for Blood Lust is a terrible idea,

Anet probably thought this would be a good way to make it fair to lower population

but it isn’t it only allows bigger populations to have something else to do so that there blobs of 60-70 have a more easy time swatting 20-30 measly little flies with 150 increase in stats you can just train through with auto atks and crush anything they try to throw at you, making defense more meaningless thanks to this imbalance.

Its a terrible idea making wvw more of a brainless karma train with less tactics involved then Kick the Can.

in WvW

Posted by: Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

Ariel Cor Leonis Inferi.2894

+1

Remove the stat bonus. Also too much space wasted on centaurs and skritts and other PvE mobs in the map. Why not move the sPvP temples there? shrug

Ded gaem

in WvW

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I think that if you have the Bloodlust buff, it should enable you to kick offline people out of your own party. That would be OP.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

This isn’t going away – Remove the stat boosts from Bloodlust!

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

bloodlust is violating my game mode

lol +1

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in WvW

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

+1

fingers crossed

in WvW

Posted by: Archduke Mephistopheles.3180

Archduke Mephistopheles.3180

Actually I’d go for a different approach: Let the bonus stay, but make it dependent on the total PPT of a server in the current match.
The leading server can have Minor Borderlands Bloodlust only, no matter how many ruins it holds.
The mid-server can earn Major Borderlands Bloodlust max., while the losing server can claim Superior Borderlands Bloodlust.

This might even help balancing out things a tiny little bit in uneven matches and makes the fight for the ruins even more attractive to the underdogs in a given match.

In balanced matches it’d either mean a back and forth or – alternatively – there should be a buffer value to PPT-differences which rules what level of Borderland Bloodlust your server can claim at the moment, granting the server(s) with way fewer points the chance to earn the bigger buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

I think you all kind of gloss over that they probably made the least zerg-friendly thing they ever made in the game…and you’re still finding the zerging realm is keeping all the bloodlust.

To me, this says HORRIBLE MATCHUPS not a problem with borderlands bloodlust… but I guess we’ve given up on non-horrible matchups with the new seasons thing, right?

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

@yaseer.2309: Seems like jumping puzzle will be big action soon for haters of bloodlust.

Yet another epic game design from Arenanet, it seems.

I do NOT like jumping puzzles. I do NOT want to enter any area via any sort of jumping puzzle, even if I need to just walk in there. And why people should enter EB first to make it clog with queues and postpone GvGs?

Just remove all the stat buffs and give us open large scale fighting area, readily accessible outside WvWvW, via B menu.

Arenanet game design philosophy in a nutshell:
“We are smarter than all our players. Screw previous experience in Game Design, any background is good for a game designer. Here is some game mode, which divides players and many don’t like: Let’s force that to everybody. Game is supposed to be imbalanced. The more imbalanced large scale pvp becomes, the more fun it is for the winner and for us. Good, that most players transfer to the winning servers. More gem cash for us. Hmm, there seems to be too much versatility in this game. Let’s give players all the incentives just to play one character in one way, we define the right way. Amen”

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Fragment.2793

Fragment.2793

GrandmaFunk.3052:

As soon as this one gets off page 1 I will be making 101.

You mean 102

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

@yaseer.2309: Seems like jumping puzzle will be big action soon for haters of bloodlust.

Yet another epic game design from Arenanet, it seems.

I do NOT like jumping puzzles. I do NOT want to enter any area via any sort of jumping puzzle, even if I need to just walk in there. And why people should enter EB first to make it clog with queues and postpone GvGs?

Just remove all the stat buffs and give us open large scale fighting area, readily accessible outside WvWvW, via B menu.

Arenanet game design philosophy in a nutshell:
“We are smarter than all our players. Screw previous experience in Game Design, any background is good for a game designer. Here is some game mode, which divides players and many don’t like: Let’s force that to everybody. Game is supposed to be imbalanced. The more imbalanced large scale pvp becomes, the more fun it is for the winner and for us. Good, that most players transfer to the winning servers. More gem cash for us. Hmm, there seems to be too much versatility in this game. Let’s give players all the incentives just to play one character in one way, we define the right way. Amen”

Behold the game designer gods that are ANet. Should you question why they did not learn from their mistakes in GW1, you shall be forever permabanned from these forums. Thank you and goodbye.

Ledarius

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Quaggans shall return!

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Am I the only one who likes the buffs? I’ve recently had some amazing fights in those ruins. I’ve dunked on people 2v1 when they had the +150 buff. Is it bad to feel a little rewarded that I killed an enemy with a buff and then immediately capped the ruin and took it away from him? If someone beats you in a fight with the buff, chances are they would’ve wrecked you without it anyway.

It’s not that hard to get a group of people to hold the ruins for at least your servers BL even if you’re outnumbered. And if you can’t get enough people to maintain your own BL Buff then sorry but you shouldn’t even be considering WvW competitively. Go to PvP if you want a completely level playing field.

Anyway, I think you’re looking at this the wrong way. You’re looking at it like the servers that massacred you guys are now committing a mass genocide on your server. If they were going to win anyway then why not use the BL buff to your advantage and try to close the gap by getting dunks? I’ve yet to see an entire zerg roll through those ruins, so chances are you can close the gap with a small group effort and stomps. If you and 2 friends got 100 stomps each day you’d have 2.1k extra points by the end of the week. Increase the number of people getting stomps and you will see a marginal change in scores. If anything the BL buffs are helping lower tiered servers. It’s a shame you see it the other way. Consider me an optimist I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It’s not that hard to get a group of people to hold the ruins for at least your servers BL even if you’re outnumbered. And if you can’t get enough people to maintain your own BL Buff then sorry but you shouldn’t even be considering WvW competitively.

The issue for smaller servers is, their opponents outnumber them. Assuming their opponents are well organised they will always be able to send more people to take the buff. Anet never thinks these changes through, just like with the AC change they never thought through to the logical conclusion that it would actually force zergs to increase.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

It’s not that hard to get a group of people to hold the ruins for at least your servers BL even if you’re outnumbered. And if you can’t get enough people to maintain your own BL Buff then sorry but you shouldn’t even be considering WvW competitively.

The issue for smaller servers is, their opponents outnumber them. Assuming their opponents are well organised they will always be able to send more people to take the buff. Anet never thinks these changes through, just like with the AC change they never thought through to the logical conclusion that it would actually force zergs to increase.

Like I said, I’ve yet to see a large number of enemies go through the ruins to cap them. Drop some strategic AC’s, but some people seem to have something against open-field siege, so don’t I guess? Also, I’m well aware what it’s like to be outnumbered in lower tiers. I’ve been in lower tiers since release up until recently when I came to T1. Small groups can always be effective. Just always be aware that you’re gonna be outnumbered and you’re probably gonna lose a good portion of battles. If everything you’ve tried fails for the buff then hell just form a havoc squad or get some coordination to flips some camps for tick. If you’ve played T1 you should know that a couple of sup AC’s and ballistas can completely stop a zerg from attacking and move on. It took some of the non-T1 servers weeks before we started seeing them siege up their towers and keeps after they flipped them. Also, I’m not dismissing the fact that Anet still has work to do with these matchups until they’re fully enjoyable but I’m not going to bash them and complain about something I don’t like without giving some sort of feedback against it. I’m just going to give them time and see how they go forward. They certainly seem to be making progress.

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

Am I the only one who likes the buffs? I’ve recently had some amazing fights in those ruins. I’ve dunked on people 2v1 when they had the +150 buff.

I stopped reading after that because you’re either delusional or a liar.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Like I said, I’ve yet to see a large number of enemies go through the ruins to cap them. Drop some strategic AC’s, but some people seem to have something against open-field siege, so don’t I guess? Also, I’m well aware what it’s like to be outnumbered in lower tiers. I’ve been in lower tiers since release up until recently when I came to T1.

Facing SOR right now in lopsided match and they almost always have Superior Bloodlust…win more?

Then add that almost every player seems to have 5 stacks Applied Fortitude and Guard Leech and its an uphill battle

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Agree with stat boost removal/reduction, its unnecessary imo. Stats benefit zergs versus bonuses from stomping rarely do as they typically auto attack corpses to death. Orb bonuses should not benefit zergs.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Why all the bloodlust hate? i love it, opens up new builds etc. Im a roamer, not a zerger, and want it to stay!

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos: