Bloodlust - Roamers Paradise (Thanks Anet)

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Thanks Anet great update

Why?, I’ll explain.
At the bottom is list of change’s I would add

Roamer’s will become a server requirement now, the new bloodlust is very anti zerg, unless its unfair match-up which needs to be addressed. Bloodlust or not when its unfair match up your still going to have the super zerg server holding everything.

Roamer’s will take up holding bloodlust, a zerg comes throw caps all the points and moves on to take there PvDoor, within few min’s the roamers will de-cap and take back the bloodlust buff’s or decap at least. This will promote small teams, effective PvP team’s who find zerging boring.

GvG Team’s now can do something that requires skill, try holding the bloodlust with your 20 man team vs other 20 man teams with pug’s and roamers hitting you from all side’s, this will require more skill and tactics. Rather then zerg balling in 20 man group where you have no idea what the hell is going on.

I’d love to see videos of the top GvG 20 Man Team’s using tactics and skill holding bloodlust.

20 Player Guild Team’s will find themselfs broken up into 5-10 man teams roaming around the Bloodlust trying there hardest to hold the points. Player’s will have to rethink there builds and tactics, this will require allot more player skill. Team’s will find themselves in 5v5 match up’s allot, there will be commander directing his teams around the bloodlust trying to hold while reinforcing points to win key fight’s.

Server commander’s now have reason to contact the Roamers asking them to help control a map by battling it out in the bloodlust, making sure your Zerg/PvE train can take them Keep’s/Tower’s.

This also promotes more interaction within the community on your server, it will help bridge the gap between guilds.

Duels, sure this might mess up duel’s but all you ever see at duels are thief’s/mesmers/ele’s running there OP builds calling it skill, you see the odd other classes but 99% them 3 classes dueling. Dueling isn’t that great anymore its boring and doesn’t prove much.

GvG Team’s Take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwJ34UecxNk, I’m not going to hate on you guy’s as I know Bloodlust will effect your idea of GvG. But this isn’t what I would call GvG. I won’t get into detail but by watching that video I’m sure you have no idea what hell is going on from viewers point of view, you can’t see anything bar massive spam of skills and zerg ball. Sure build’s come into play here, but it’s same for everything you need right build for anything.

Biggest thing Anet needs to get right is the server match up, if tier 5 server is up against tier 1 server bloodlust or not the outcome will be the same, your server won’t stand a chance. So hopefully they can put everyone into right league’s or it’s going to be boring week for all 3 server’s.

No QQ or Flaming Please, I’m just trying to point out the positive side to this update.*

List of Changes

- Add a 5th mini Map with no bloodlust effect, where GvG’ers and Duelers can go. Make it simple, this will stop the QQ/Flame train.

- Tone down the effect so it’s not 150+ to stats it bit to much, 50-100 wouldn’t be game breaking.

- Allow free server transfer for 2-3 weeks so player’s who don’t want to be top tier league’s have options to move there guilds to a less zerg heavy server.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

…. unless its unfair match-up which needs to be addressed.

Unfortunately we have so few fair match ups and while this needs to be addressed as you say, nothing has been indicated within a year of release that shows it will be addressed.

And free transfers? Yea I don’t think that will happen anytime soon.

Minion

(edited by Kimhyuna.1035)

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

To be clear, the Roamer’s paradise is the new capture locations and mechanism, not the buff that’s given as a reward.

The buff itself hurts the majority of roamers in unbalanced match-ups (which is most of them).

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

To be clear, the Roamer’s paradise is the new capture locations and mechanism, not the buff that’s given as a reward.

The buff itself hurts the majority of roamers in unbalanced match-ups (which is most of them).

+1. Heavy roamer here and it’s nice to have objectives roamers can contribute to but that has nothing to do with the snowball issues caused by a stat buff.

So.. Thanks but no thanks Anet.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

No QQ or Flaming Please

Go Troll elsewhere. The first thing you do in your post is claim GvG doesn’t require tactics and skill. Obviously that’s wrong. If my guild did a GvG with the same classes and traits as Red Guard I’m positive we would get rolled because we aren’t near their level of skill.

Ignoring organized GvG for a second and focus on just WvWvW guilds. We want to play WvWvW together in a group with our guild. We don’t want to split up, big epic fights is the whole point of WvWvW. We don’t want to play on a different map. When we come upon a fight we want them to be fair.

Just tonight my guild group came upon a great guild that we really respect. We would never turn down a chance to fight them and likely lose. But instead we see that that have +150 stats currently. That killed our enthusiasm to fight them and basically ruined our raid night.

(edited by KcB.6890)

in WvW

Sol.4310

+1. Heavy roamer here and it’s nice to have objectives roamers can contribute to but that has nothing to do with the snowball issues caused by a stat buff.

I agree 100% with the buff to stats, it’s a over kill.

They need to change the effect it offer’s, for E.g. your server gain’s more points from killing player’s.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

AoE classes like necros and LB condi warriors rule the circles, just like they do in spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

All Thieves, Mesmers, and Ele’s are bereft of skill apparently.

…and yet I bet they’ll become the most integral part of your 20 man crusader squad.

in WvW

Sol.4310

No QQ or Flaming Please

Go Troll elsewhere. The first thing you do in your post is claim GvG doesn’t require tactics and skill. Obviously that’s wrong. If my guild did a GvG with the same classes and traits as Red Guard I’m positive we would get rolled.

Ignoring organized GvG for a second and focus on just WvWvW guilds. We want to play WvWvW together in a group with our guild. We don’t want to split up, big epic fights is the whole point of WvWvW. We don’t want to play on a different map. When we come upon a fight we want them to be fair.

Just tonight my guild group came upon a great guild that we really respect. We would never turn down a chance to fight them and likely lose. But instead we see that that have +150 stats currently. That killed our enthusiasm to fight them.

I fully understand the +150 stats is hurting these kind of battle’s and I agree they should change it.

Regards to GvG, I don’t believe that 20 vs 20 requires much skill in term’s clutch plays, skilled reses, player’s calling targets and calling clutch spikes. You will never see top tier game play in such big fight’s. I do understand it require some level of skill, builds being key factor but outside of that, all you see in that video is group following there leader (Targeted) around in a ball dropping combo fields and spamming skills at random targets which is basic game play. Where is the advanced PvP game play in that video???? 10 vs 10 would be ideal, at least then it require allot more tactics and skill.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

AoE classes like necros and LB condi warriors rule the circles, just like they do in spvp.

Anet wants spvp to be an esport. It fails as an esport, lack of players.

They are now forcing spvp into other parts of the game. Good on roamers having something new to do though.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

You’re not thanksful for Bloodlust but for the new map and new capture points, on which I totally agree.

Red Guard [RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

No QQ or Flaming Please

Go Troll elsewhere. The first thing you do in your post is claim GvG doesn’t require tactics and skill. Obviously that’s wrong. If my guild did a GvG with the same classes and traits as Red Guard I’m positive we would get rolled.

Just tonight my guild group came upon a great guild that we really respect. We would never turn down a chance to fight them and likely lose. But instead we see that that have +150 stats currently. That killed our enthusiasm to fight them.

I fully understand the +150 stats is hurting these kind of battle’s and I agree they should change it.

Regards to GvG, I don’t believe that 20 vs 20 requires much skill in term’s clutch plays, skilled reses, player’s calling targets and calling clutch spikes. You will never see top tier game play in such big fight’s. I do understand it require some level of skill, builds being key factor but outside of that, all you see in that video is group following there leader (Targeted) around in a ball dropping combo fields and spamming skills at random targets which is basic game play. Where is the advanced PvP game play in that video???? 10 vs 10 would be ideal, at least then it require allot more tactics and skill.

yeah, thats what you see.

what you dont see is that usually only 10 out of 20 ppl are balling in the middle.
there are ppl calling targets, spiking opponents, etc.
the ball is just there to keep the opposing melee’s busy so they cant just roll your squishy’s
everything else is all about cutting support of that ball/reducing pressure on your own/killing opposing roamers trying to kill your backline, etc.

i can see a lot more in this vid than just mindless skill spamming, so please, atleast try it once before posting things like this….
as some1 stated in another thread, the inability to see things doesnt make them nonexistant

(edited by Skyllar.3562)

in WvW

Posted by: Skyllar.3562

Skyllar.3562

You’re not thanksful for Bloodlust but for the new map and new capture points, on which I totally agree.

^this

in WvW

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

A) Judging by your guilds in your tag you havent GvG so how would you know whats involved (correct me if im wrong)
B) That video is 5 months old.. GvG is completely different from back then
C) In relation to what you listed as “skills” that is all happening during GvG. The guild leader is constantly calling for bombs and people calling for rez

Back to bloodlust… Terrains great buffs a fail
#freehabib2013

inb4 thread gets locked because OP mentioned GvG

Edit: In response to " I’m sure you have no idea what hell is going on from viewers point of view, you can’t see anything bar massive spam of skills and zerg ball.
I’m from Australia… if went and watched the Superbowl i would have no clue whats going on… by default should i say NFL requires no skill?

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

(edited by Elcron.1208)

in WvW

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

As a heavy roamer, I like the fact that, for the first time, on the bloodlust nodes, people will fight ON THEIR OWN, without the aid of NPCs, tower doors, ton of siege.
This is true especially during night time.
I like it so much. Had some great outnumbered fight tonight, and for the first time I could say “Just die” to someone when I downed him, without the fear of having a guard shield bashing me, a legendary oneshotting me, a creep rallying the player or the player himself going inside a crappy door when low on health.

If things get bad near a node either you have good escapes or you die. As it should be.

And, guess what, player will be “forced” to go on those nodes. So if you stay on a node long enough, someone will come eventually (I tested it, you cannot capture and hold more than 2 nodes together on your own, but they are enough to make enemies come check).

Thus, I appreciate the work. BUT I am not entirely satisfied with the bonus stats, I think they are way too much.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

(edited by hihey.1075)

in WvW

Posted by: Danielle.3152

Danielle.3152

Who cares about someone holding a point with whatever skill and contributing to PPT when the outcome of WvW matchups is decided by PlayervsDoor when everyone sleeps or is at work.

New objectives look nice, lake was useless. Regardless however nice they are they are a mere cherry on the otherwise rotting cake of WvW. Questions that should have been answered from the get go still linger:

- How will the WvW mode encourage PvP instead of Player versus Door/Structure?
- What will stop people from bandwagoning to servers that are likely winners?
- How will the game be playable during large scale encounters and lag be prevented?

Questions that most RvR/WvW games so far has failed to address and Guild Wars is unfortunately no exception and only think that keeps it alive is its’ dynamic combat.

[Scnd] Daniellita,
Blast!

in WvW

Posted by: Aseroth.4591

Aseroth.4591

Orb buffs are too much, zergs just become stronger..

#freehabib2013

in WvW

Sol.4310

Look, I’m not hating on your guy’s version of GvG, each to there own. I come from TPvP so i enjoy smaller battle’s and I’m sure there are tactics going on I can’t see.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

#freehabib2013

Say NO to Orbageddon

in WvW

Posted by: NuBQuint.2431

NuBQuint.2431

To be honest, this makes the center of the map PvP. I don’t want to play PvP, I wanted to play WvWvW. The only time small groups would happen would be havoc groups that would harass small camps on their own or other maps. Other people like PvP. That’s cool with me. I like WvW, where the focus was to control camps to gather supplies and then assault towers/keeps/castle and fight to maintain those points over time.

Now we have a WvW/sPvP hybrid where even large zergs will find the main focus to get bloodlust and small groups of roamers that defeat the purpose of having WvW in the first place for people who didn’t really enjoy the PvP and may not have been skilled at it.

Even without bloodlust and some other benefit, this new point control promotes a more PvP status of combat within the center of the map. Why try to take camps when we can fight and spike each other for 1-3 WvW points and gain MORE points doing that than waiting for ticks from the hard earned camps and towers.

I’m not sure if I’m really motivated to play this PvPvWvWvW since it eventually boils down to PvP with some WvWvW side missions. Depending on how the servers adapt to it I may not play it at all and lose my last enjoyment in this game since everything else is grinding.

in WvW

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Look, I’m not hating on your guy’s version of GvG, each to there own. I come from TPvP so i enjoy smaller battle’s and I’m sure there are tactics going on I can’t see.

I think tpvp takes no skill. Build bunker, stand on one spot.

Now, I don’t tpvp, I watched a video once that was months old.

They need to remove the buff is what this boils down to.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I’ll agree with this and add too it.

I’ve noticed that if zergs/large group hang out into the blood lust areas too long it is extremely detrimental to PPT. So the worry of having zergs camping it isn’t really founded unless it is a blow out and they have nothing better to do.

On my server we lost a keep because too many people were too busy trying to keep the bloodlust buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

So far this patch has done nothing to help solo/duo roamers. It’s actually made it worse because the points are being taken by 5+ man groups. Not to mention the 15+ man groups that zerg the points.

Haven’t noticed the PPT change much at all even when the larger groups are running around the points.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in WvW

Sol.4310

You have to remember it’s a new Area, It’s going to be very zergy give it some time it will die down. It’s same with anything new everyone wants to try it out.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Does GvG require skills? Of course. Tournament and sPvP require tactics and coordinations; how could anyone think 20v20 would require any lesser?

Is wvw map suitable, or even designed for GvG? No.

GvG is huge and requires a whole team for it. Don’t go hardcore mode and harass WvW dev team even further please. Instead, go to Suggestion thread in this forum. This whole GvG idea is more possible to be groomed there.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Everyone is massively overstating the effect of the buff.

Skill is a vastly more important factor in this game than stats, even with the tiny disparity.

It should be remembered that it is unlikely that one server will hold all the buffs, and very common to see one per world.

If your world is down a buff, how about getting out there and capping it back whilst having a great time instead of crying to ANet?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

Skill is a vastly more important factor in this game than stats, even with the tiny disparity.

150 or whatever isn’t much, but then there’s consumables, sigil stacks, guard stacks, and ascended gear…

A player with all that is a very rare bird, and you can of course choose not to use / obtain all that crap, and yet the disparity will always be a little monkey on your shoulder when you lose or have to retreat from otherwise even battles.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Thanks Anet great update

Why?, I’ll explain.
At the bottom is list of change’s I would add

Roamer’s will become a server requirement now, the new bloodlust is very anti zerg, unless its unfair match-up which needs to be addressed. Bloodlust or not when its unfair match up your still going to have the super zerg server holding everything.

Roamer’s will take up holding bloodlust, a zerg comes throw caps all the points and moves on to take there PvDoor, within few min’s the roamers will de-cap and take back the bloodlust buff’s or decap at least. This will promote small teams, effective PvP team’s who find zerging boring.

GvG Team’s now can do something that requires skill, try holding the bloodlust with your 20 man team vs other 20 man teams with pug’s and roamers hitting you from all side’s, this will require more skill and tactics. Rather then zerg balling in 20 man group where you have no idea what the hell is going on.

I’d love to see videos of the top GvG 20 Man Team’s using tactics and skill holding bloodlust.

20 Player Guild Team’s will find themselfs broken up into 5-10 man teams roaming around the Bloodlust trying there hardest to hold the points. Player’s will have to rethink there builds and tactics, this will require allot more player skill. Team’s will find themselves in 5v5 match up’s allot, there will be commander directing his teams around the bloodlust trying to hold while reinforcing points to win key fight’s.

Didn’t even have 20 people on the homeland map tonight at prime time. What the hell are you talkin about?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

I wish I had an easy way to show you that everything you list as “skillful” play is actually happening in GvG, at least in the most experienced and “top” guilds.
There are parties dedicated solely for target calling for focus fire.
The raid leader makes the calls for clutch spikes.
The entire momentum and movement of the fight involves rezzing – whether someone is in the position for a banner, or whether you can move the melee to “claim” the ground where either your downed are, or the enemy’s downed are.
The builds are not as important in these fights as the teamwork and cohesion is. Take 20 random guys and give them “GvG” builds and I can guarantee they’ll achieve nothing if they don’t know how to play together. Just because the game’s graphics make it hard as kitten to see what’s going on, doesn’t mean the plays aren’t there.

Regarding the new map areas, I agree that they’re extremely fun for fighting and just tonight I was involved in plenty of small-scale roaming which developed into duels standing around one of the capture points with gathering spectators from all 3 servers. The problem with this is that I purposely left food and other buffs off to try and balance that I sometimes had bloodlust while those I was fighting didn’t.

What you need to understand is that my guild will not have much fun doing as you suggested with splitting up and trying to hold points. We are not here for conquest. We are here for deathmatch. We want to run as a guild, participating in large scale fights. Our members do plenty of sPvP, tPvP, private duelling, or WvW roaming for other needs, but our love for the large-scale is under threat.

We strive for competition and successes to be proud of. While enemies having the buff may be mildly annoying, it at least poses us with a greater challenge. However I personally do not want to see my guild running around with +150 to all stats. We never asked for this “helping hand”.

We don’t support the bloodlust buff and we sure as hell don’t want to dedicate our time in WvW to holding these points for it. The reward of breaking into a keep is the enormous fight you may get inside. There is no reward to holding bloodlust, other than feeling cheap and overpowered with an unfair advantage.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: KcB.6890

KcB.6890

I wish I had an easy way to show you that everything you list as “skillful” play is actually happening in GvG, at least in the most experienced and “top” guilds.
There are parties dedicated solely for target calling for focus fire.
The raid leader makes the calls for clutch spikes.
The entire momentum and movement of the fight involves rezzing – whether someone is in the position for a banner, or whether you can move the melee to “claim” the ground where either your downed are, or the enemy’s downed are.
The builds are not as important in these fights as the teamwork and cohesion is. Take 20 random guys and give them “GvG” builds and I can guarantee they’ll achieve nothing if they don’t know how to play together. Just because the game’s graphics make it hard as kitten to see what’s going on, doesn’t mean the plays aren’t there.

Regarding the new map areas, I agree that they’re extremely fun for fighting and just tonight I was involved in plenty of small-scale roaming which developed into duels standing around one of the capture points with gathering spectators from all 3 servers. The problem with this is that I purposely left food and other buffs off to try and balance that I sometimes had bloodlust while those I was fighting didn’t.

What you need to understand is that my guild will not have much fun doing as you suggested with splitting up and trying to hold points. We are not here for conquest. We are here for deathmatch. We want to run as a guild, participating in large scale fights. Our members do plenty of sPvP, tPvP, private duelling, or WvW roaming for other needs, but our love for the large-scale is under threat.

We strive for competition and successes to be proud of. While enemies having the buff may be mildly annoying, it at least poses us with a greater challenge. However I personally do not want to see my guild running around with +150 to all stats. We never asked for this “helping hand”.

We don’t support the bloodlust buff and we sure as hell don’t want to dedicate our time in WvW to holding these points for it. The reward of breaking into a keep is the enormous fight you may get inside. There is no reward to holding bloodlust, other than feeling cheap and overpowered with an unfair advantage.

Great post and my exact feelings. The buff sucks even if its your team who has it. Any fight you win with the buff will be invalidated because of the unfair advantage and by the enemy who will undoubtedly proclaim “They only won because of bloodlust.”

(edited by KcB.6890)

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well at lest now they dont need to balance spvp and wvw separatly anymore, because half of the map is an spvp map, that gets zerged occasionally.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

It should be remembered that it is unlikely that one server will hold all the buffs, and very common to see one per world.

If your world is down a buff, how about getting out there and capping it back whilst having a great time instead of crying to ANet?

How can it possibly be lost on you that the server with the buff is going to have a significant advantage holding on to the cap, all else being equal … which it won’t be since the server with the buff most likely had more people in order to get it in the first place.

Besides, the more people that are involved in WVW, the less that skill is a determining factor. The best that you can hope for is that enough players lose interest, stop playing, and turn WvW into small roving bands of cappers.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

It’s not the map change or cap points people are complaining about. It’s the buff. Stat boost for holding a point is a bad idea

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I have been mostly a WvWvW player, spending roughly 90% solo roaming (if allies from my server happen to be near me, that is fine, but I am not in a party). Even when my guild is doing a raid, I am often scouting with my engineer quite far from the group with my engineer. I have also been a PuG commander under the most desperate moments, when our side has had just few random players against a huge blob, which is mowing the map. When other commanders have left the map and we have just few upleveled players, I step in and usually stop when we hold at least 2 towers + 1 keep + few supply camps.

I do not like spvp/tpvp type of play where you contest/hold points and I am surely not the only one with this opinion. Just go to the tpvp/spvp forums and you will find many more. Ruins looks aesthetically ugly. The 5 Power of Ruins points are too close to each other and the who place just feels it was stitched there. Why not to put two capture points where the skritt and Tamili are? Those were the most useless areas in BL maps. I mean the North East and North West of the map instead of deleting the lake. And why to add siege weapons (cannon) to the ruins?

Giving more power to the already winning side and rewarding server points from stomping just feel unfair. This encourages the side with larger numbers to spawn camp the outnumbered side. The winning side +150 on all stats and up to +10% bonus from the Power of the Mists to their vitality and healing power.

September 17th was the day when I stopped WvWvW. This is when roaming and fun died.

“Thanks”

Ayna Micro

PS. The OP of this thread doesn’t seem to hold high opinion of gvg. He probably hasn’t faced the best guilds of this game in combat (I have seen pretty all the top names on EU side):
http://gw2gvg.com/

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I liked this best.

Duels, sure this might mess up duel’s but all you ever see at duels are thief’s/mesmers/ele’s running there OP builds calling it skill, you see the odd other classes but 99% them 3 classes dueling. Dueling isn’t that great anymore its boring and doesn’t prove much.

Tbh, mostly you see perplexity (insert noobs new toy) or terrornecros along with the biggest of all 1v1 facerolls: bunkerrangers and trololol engis. I wonder why you wouldnt put those in the list. ;-)

About the video: how dare you! This is Intigo! The bestestestest ele EU who got famous duelling superyoutubecelebrities like Osi cat and Sir Koroshi!
And also with his famous videos destroying at least 40 vizunahpugs that werent afk at all!
Seriously, how dare you…

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

#freehabib2013.

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I liked this best.

Tbh, mostly you see perplexity (insert noobs new toy) or terrornecros along with the biggest of all 1v1 facerolls: bunkerrangers and trololol engis. I wonder why you wouldnt put those in the list. ;-)

About the video: how dare you! This is Intigo! The bestestestest ele EU who got famous duelling superyoutubecelebrities like Osi cat and Sir Koroshi!
And also with his famous videos destroying at least 40 vizunahpugs that werent afk at all!
Seriously, how dare you…

OP is hilarious. “No QQ in this thread,” and yet you throw out words like this?

Together with the Anet brown-nosing, this has got to be a troll thread.

in WvW

Sol.4310

I have been mostly a WvWvW player, spending roughly 90% solo roaming (if allies from my server happen to be near me, that is fine, but I am not in a party). Even when my guild is doing a raid, I am often scouting with my engineer quite far from the group with my engineer. I have also been a PuG commander under the most desperate moments, when our side has had just few random players against a huge blob, which is mowing the map. When other commanders have left the map and we have just few upleveled players, I step in and usually stop when we hold at least 2 towers + 1 keep + few supply camps.

I do not like spvp/tpvp type of play where you contest/hold points and I am surely not the only one with this opinion. Just go to the tpvp/spvp forums and you will find many more. Ruins looks aesthetically ugly. The 5 Power of Ruins points are too close to each other and the who place just feels it was stitched there. Why not to put two capture points where the skritt and Tamili are? Those were the most useless areas in BL maps. I mean the North East and North West of the map instead of deleting the lake. And why to add siege weapons (cannon) to the ruins?

Giving more power to the already winning side and rewarding server points from stomping just feel unfair. This encourages the side with larger numbers to spawn camp the outnumbered side. The winning side +150 on all stats and up to +10% bonus from the Power of the Mists to their vitality and healing power.

September 17th was the day when I stopped WvWvW. This is when roaming and fun died.

“Thanks”

Ayna Micro

PS. The OP of this thread doesn’t seem to hold high opinion of gvg. He probably hasn’t faced the best guilds of this game in combat (I have seen pretty all the top names on EU side):
http://gw2gvg.com/

My opinion of GvG is just an opinion. Reason I can’t stand your guy’s version of GvG simply due to fact I played GW1 for over 6 year’s in GvG so I’m used to GvG being rather small scale and require’s allot more work to achieve results.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

You have to remember it’s a new Area, It’s going to be very zergy give it some time it will die down. It’s same with anything new everyone wants to try it out.

Yes this , finally us roamers can have a larger purpose in the big picture <3 loving this update.

play hard , go pro.

in WvW

Posted by: katsubo.9875

katsubo.9875

I hate that you can’t have a good roaming unless you got full gear

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Just chiming in to say I believe these are good changes despite the vocal minority on the forums.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in WvW

Posted by: Sidu.9708

Sidu.9708

roamers paradise? xD haha… no

in WvW

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Are you kittening serious? Eles haven’t been OP for months. They’re probably the weakest class in the game right now. It seems like you haven’t played WvW since March.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

Regards to GvG, I don’t believe that 20 vs 20 requires much skill in term’s clutch plays, skilled reses, player’s calling targets and calling clutch spikes. You will never see top tier game play in such big fight’s.

How many GvG´s did you do ? It seems none. GvG´s require a lot of different skills, from the leader to every single person. Planning the lineup, positioning, situational awareness, focusing damage, timed retreats just to name a few.

And just one word regarding that so called small scale and how “elite” it is compared to 20vs20. Just look a the balancing of this game, look a the spvp forums. It is a complete mess. Necros melting everything with ridiculous condi pressure, stun locking warriors, the “petting zoo” of spirit rangers or the infamous s/d thief, you name it. Small scale is just bringing the cheesy builds from the spvp maps to wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Mordran, Jumpers s/d build in WvW is a true deathwish vs skilled players for any fight that is not against warrior, guardian or ele. Just saying.

And for the cheesiest builds, well they are not even possible in tPvp due to the lack of some runes and bufffood.

You just dont get deep enough in analizing your opponents builds, to notice what theyy are running until some guy points it out in a tpvp thread.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

My opinion of GvG is just an opinion. Reason I can’t stand your guy’s version of GvG simply due to fact I played GW1 for over 6 year’s in GvG so I’m used to GvG being rather small scale and require’s allot more work to achieve results.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I also spent well over 2.5k hours playing Guild Wars 1. For the first two years I was doing a lot of gvg, sometimes in top gvg guilds (our guild reached world rank #2 at best, but we stayed there very short time). I agree that gvg in GW1 was different. The game mechanism was deeper and better thought out. I was mostly playing a healer/prot monk and flag runner in gvgs. As you know those roles are not easy, especially when you will be facing some of the best GW1 players in the world. But after my daughter was born I didn’t have time to be in the top gvg world. You need to play 20+ h per week to stay in top shape against the very best. So I went to play arenas, tens of thousands of victories there, no sync farming.

Now I am thinking to go back to GW1. I am not sure if anybody still plays it.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Devanuze.8734

Devanuze.8734

This (again)

Moose Mickelson. Golfing at its finest

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I got some really nice fights on those capture points today. Thx Anet for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I like the idea of small teams having a role in WvW. The new areas popped out of nowhere and this is bad, but it’s a first step – I suppose – to test the meta for a while, and then things may get even better. Bloodlust buff needs to be toned down, but it must stay very powerful in order to give small teams the above mentioned importance (if that buff was weak, no one would’ve care about small teams….).
I think they put the nodes close to each other because they want to divide the map in two macro-zones: the center for small squads, the sides for zergs. It would be boring for small squads to be costantly steamrolled while the zerg caps one camp.
Let’s see how things roll… so far, so good

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

Snip

You see people, this is the reason why I despise roamers. They think commanders/GvG leaders doesn’t require skill to command and lead. You have already formed your opinions about “no/little/some skill required on GvG commanders” and expect no flaming to be thrown at you?

Tell us kittencrap about you come from gw1 GvG doesn’t give you the right to claim anything or otherwise, simply because top tiered fights in GvG require precise coordination and builds. If you have never even participated in the top tiers of GvG, please refrain from even commenting about them.

The next amount of kittencrap is how “commanders” should communicate with roamers.

1) The kitten orb system is a broken piece of junk. In the first place the population coverage is already not balanced. Think this as chess pieces, each side has the full set, but coverage = missing either a queen/rook on someone’s side.

Then you add in +150 stats. That’s like giving you 3 extra pawns. Holy crap, is this your idea of balance? Even adding any form of stats is broken.

2) Roamers =/= Havoc groups. When you say roamers, I see plenty of kitten buggers running around killing upleveled/terrible 80 players. Then does nothing about capping camps or slow them zergs but spam /laugh command. And it’s not just 1. Are we supposed to reward these roamers who waste their time doing nothing except wasting some people’s time?

3) “making sure your Zerg/PvE train can take them Keep’s/Tower’s.” I see you come from a lower tiered server. It’s quite obvious when you wrote “PvE train”. This is not even remotely good for the servers. Rather than getting more players to play WvW, it has now fallen into a useless PvE train farm, isn’t that right?

4) You do nothing remotely constructive in WvW. Ever seen commanders typing “Stack on pin.”, and you’re off doing some crap like hitting stragglers? Trying to get people to “cap points” is like trying to fit a key inside the needle’s eye. Good luck to commanders to “communicate”.

PS: In my mind, there are certain terrible words describing you.