Bloodlust [merged]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: violentlycar.5267

violentlycar.5267

The ruins have great art design!

Not really. I found the discordance kind of unsettling. You have a forested, hilly area right next to a place that has no grass whatsoever. These areas are next to very angular, sculpted ruins. It’s all just a mixed up mess that really messes with the general cohesion of the borderlands.

Maguuma – plays Asuras with various permutations of the name “Viocar”

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

like the guy said above, people fear change even if it’s for the better or for worse.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

So, pretty much this is what t1 looks like right now…

I would have liked the update if it worked as intended which imo was to have small havoc groups, in addition to just camp flipping, be able to control and skirmish over these areas. The new terrain is meant for small group skirmishing that seems pretty apparent compared to the open field areas meant for zerg on zerg battles. Instead, we are going to have groups of 30+ running just in the ruins while roamers will have even less of an impact than they did before.

Hopefully things will die down within the first week, but who knows.

Whoa. That cap point… it… it isn’t a circle.

I need a drink.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Idk, just that they’re the only ones who could possibly gain anything from this :/ coverage is everything, I just really believe anyone and everyone who likes it is in a very high tier server that has the buff.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

As I mentioned yesterday…. these types of changes really will prove a point. There is a huge disconnect between the dev team and the forum users. Very soon, we will find out which one knows what they are talking about, and which needs to learn to listen.

get your popcorn ready, its going to be quite entertaining

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: luckywaldo.6089

luckywaldo.6089

I’m excitied to have more place to have fights, especially fights on interesting terrain that don’t involve people hiding in towers. (Or water combat, yuck)

It remains to see though if this mechanic will bring out more action or if it will be a way for the more populated servers to pummel the underdogs even harder.

Ecce Machina ~ Engineer
Ars Est Mortem ~ Necromancer

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

was this just anet’s kneejerk reaction to squashing GvG?

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Orbs were designated to come back ever since they were removed. It takes time to design a new map, introduce new mechanic and test these kinds of things. Work in development and you’ll see this to be true.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

You tic +35 because enemy have some buff? That must be some serious buff.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

As I mentioned yesterday…. these types of changes really will prove a point. There is a huge disconnect between the dev team and the forum users. Very soon, we will find out which one knows what they are talking about, and which needs to learn to listen.

To me it just seems like they don’t have any idea what they’re doing. If the dev team can’t actually foresee these things, then get rid of them and get some forum posters in there.

Alternatively, they don’t care, and there’s strong compelling evidence for this as well so \o/

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sharky.5024

Sharky.5024

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Orbs-will-be-removed-from-WvW-in-an-upcoming-build/first

Last year they removed this unbalanced stat-buff, as it only "strengthened teams who are already winning ". And now the same unbalanced buff is back again?! What’s going on here?

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

Art and level design teams carry this game.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

People fear change.

People fear bad changes, and it didn’t take a genius to foresee that bloodlust would be a bad change. If I see a hurricane headed my way I don’t need to wait until it hits to know that I’m kittened.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

we got a nice bug too: atm regular points stopped ticking in wvw on our matchup, we have all 3 orb buffs and thus are the only ones to still get points besides some yaks getting to their target or being killed.

edit – now tick picked up again.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

One good thing is that it makes your personal bad calls look a lot better in comparison.

Yup. When I look back on the various bad decisions I made as a manager, they don’t seem so bad anymore by comparison.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The ruins have great art design!

Not really. I found the discordance kind of unsettling. You have a forested, hilly area right next to a place that has no grass whatsoever. These areas are next to very angular, sculpted ruins. It’s all just a mixed up mess that really messes with the general cohesion of the borderlands.

That was meant as sarcasm. Don’t most people play WvW with the graphics turned down anyways?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Alerion.3708

Alerion.3708

If someone needs a buff, than the servers who tick less than 100 and not the servers that tick over 400…

Warrior @ Kodash

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

the new map overhaul is great i love it seems like a lot of minor sized groups are wandering between them ofc the blobs are in the middle a lot too atm but i think that will die out once it’s not as new anymore.

I kinda agree with the fact that the stat buff is a lot of bullkitten and who didnt know something like that would happen? It only makes the stronger server stronger i wonder why devs implement it… makes no sense

Also the skill lag has become a looooot worse or is that just me? im practicly lagging all the time even when i fight a 1on1 lol wth is this

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

the new map overhaul is great i love it seems like a lot of minor sized groups are wandering between them ofc the blobs are in the middle a lot too atm but i think that will die out once it’s not as new anymore.

I kinda agree with the fact that the stat buff is a lot of bullkitten and who didnt know something like that would happen? It only makes the stronger server stronger i wonder why devs implement it… makes no sense

Also the skill lag has become a looooot worse or is that just me? im practicly lagging all the time even when i fight a 1on1 lol wth is this

agreed on the stat buff.

the rest, though, the map design etc. is awesome. it should have been like, if you cap it, every enemey you kill whether spike or otherwise gives ppt (cd of 30s per player)

and those who are quitting or about to quit because they can no longer do gvg, will stay

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

You should be good to duel FA. Think on the bright side. DB and FA could get some GvG’s in! ::wink wink::

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Orbs-will-be-removed-from-WvW-in-an-upcoming-build/first

Last year they removed this unbalanced stat-buff, as it only "strengthened teams who are already winning ". And now the same unbalanced buff is back again?! What’s going on here?

The mass ignorance is just terrible. The orbs were removed because players were hacking them.

I do like the idea of getting on my thief and then face roll enemy players during their off peak hours. I’ll make sure I’ll use that /laugh command 10 over times and hope they come into the forums to QQ about the orbs. If I have WvW guild thieves, I’ll ask them to do the same thing by having 5 thieves backstabbing 1 single person like it’s a thing. Thank you anet for this delicious QQ mechanism that you brought in this patch.

PS: Epic sarcasm.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

we ALL knew this would happen. There were numerous threads saying it was a bad idea, most of which were deleted. I still say bloodlust and outmanned should be swapped. They’re idiots for thinking that it would cause people to grief others to stay out of wvw because we’d want the stat boost. More people is always better than higher stats. The higher stats would atleast give us a fracking chance when we are outnumbered though. It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. You have some hard headed people working at Anet though, they can’t admit when they’re WRONG!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Armo.6208

Armo.6208

what i dont understand about this buff is that igf you have 1,2,3 buff you get 1,2,3 point per stomp, why give that to the stronger server? shouldn’t it be the otehrway around, if you have the buffs you are worth points if killed, not be stronger and get more points.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I don’t know why people are complaining about the terrain, it actually looks really nice and is a huge improvement over that huge lake noone was really using anyway. Having the 5 ruins to fight over and the terrain with its variety is actually quite fun, and I’ve had quite a few nice encounters already. Having said that, I still don’t think giving stats on the bloodlust buff is the right way to go, they could atleast have thought of some other things to make the ruins matter to WvW..

And it would be great if they fix the lag related to capturing any ruin of the borderland you’re on, as well as flame mastery that is bugged at the moment.

Member of TUP on Gandara

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

New Flaming ram mastery WXP trait “iron hide” seems to persist on players until death. “Nice” -50% damage reduction even when you are not on the ram.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

It takes time to design a new map, introduce new mechanic and test these kinds of things. Work in development and you’ll see this to be true.

Ahh … you mean like they did with bloodlust. Got it.

Tool.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Astartes.2380

Astartes.2380

bah!….terrible.
Why oh why do this??
100% no.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I like the new terrain so far its dynamic which is one of the things I love about WvW alot of nooks, ambush potential etc.

I am not sure about the stat buff. I understand why they put it there. They could have made the new map area with no stat bonus in “Good Faith” that the community would respond well to it. I am sure they can take it out if to many people dont like it Devon stated so.

Right now our fights are 1 stat bonus to each server so I can’t say its a big impact. Organized small man teams on Voice comm this new area should be heaven for groups like this.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Guys we are the minority, didn’t you know everyone who plays the game and doesn’t comment on the forums agrees with the devs and loved the idea of bloodlust and league systems

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

well its easier to find ppl to kill and they are far enough that they cant run back to towers.

but they are usually groups of 5… but if you decide to solo them, than thats your choice

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

It takes time to design a new map, introduce new mechanic and test these kinds of things. Work in development and you’ll see this to be true.

Ahh … you mean like they did with bloodlust. Got it.

Tool.

Love forum complainers that have no clue what goes into any update regardless of game/genre or depth..

PS: love the personal attack, is it that time of the month?

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I don’t see why the devs mad the stat buff go across all maps for the entire server. If they were so set on the stat buff why not make the buff affect only the particular map that it’s on. So that way the team with the bloodlust would only get +50 WHILE they are on that map. EB would still be untouched stats wise.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Zimmy.4726

Zimmy.4726

Guess you better stop playing then…. the patch has been up for what…. no more then 30min and already crying. Just go play something else.

your a kittening idiot

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Haven’t played this yet, but honestly, I don’t really care for the buff too much. I honestly think it’s just a way to devise for more strategic play. A server would have to control 3/5 these locations of power for 2 minutes or more for stat to be effective and on top of it, people need to be there to continually defend/attack or buff runs out and temples revert to neutral. Plan effectively and buff will almost be non-existent. Again, this is my opinion so no need to flame me. I’m sure it’ll be different once I actually play, but this is just my initial reaction.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

I think this update is the best update for any roamer (solo or small man) since the dawn of gw2. While I wish there were more hidden passages and whatnot, the terrain is more interesting than anything else in wvw (besides the JP).

LOL. As a roamer you’re going to be >SO< happy to come across an enemy roamer with +150 more points on all stats than you have.

Enjoy.

It won’t happen often anyways, but if anything, I’ll be the player with +150. Not too worried about it.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Haven’t played this yet, but honestly, I don’t really care for the buff too much. I honestly think it’s just a way to devise for more strategic play. A server would have to control 3/5 these locations of power for 2 minutes or more for stat to be effective and on top of it, people need to be there to continually defend/attack or buff runs out and temples revert to neutral. Plan effectively and buff will almost be non-existent. Again, this is my opinion so no need to flame me. I’m sure it’ll be different once I actually play, but this is just my initial reaction.

yes. just like when i come online and see enemy server have everything T3 and with WP’s on all maps. its called time to reset. but now i can also have fun resetting bloodlust before i start resetting T3 everything. this is a thing of planing and strategy idd.

also i really hope bloodlust buff stacks with AC dmg. that would be gr8. pls make it so anet.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

This Buff is Gamebreaking…Anet pls take this Buff out the game!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

we ALL knew this would happen. There were numerous threads saying it was a bad idea, most of which were deleted. I still say bloodlust and outmanned should be swapped. They’re idiots for thinking that it would cause people to grief others to stay out of wvw because we’d want the stat boost. More people is always better than higher stats. The higher stats would atleast give us a fracking chance when we are outnumbered though. It’s not that hard of a concept to grasp. You have some hard headed people working at Anet though, they can’t admit when they’re WRONG!

Also, they their stated iteration process for Bloodlust was to throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. If logins decline, then “they have a problem”.

Why not apply the same justification to a real Outmanned buff? Throw it out there, and see if it works. If people logout because of griefing, “they have a problem”.

Really don’t see the reason why it is ok to try it for Bloodlust, and not on the Outmanned buff.

The only reason I can think of is that they are still stuck in a WvW mindset with ideas that are a year old, and have no relation to the game as it is being played. So these aren’t justifications, but excuses.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Its because the few devs who play WvW all play on stacked servers. So of course they think it’s ok. They get to faceroll even more now.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

I’m not really having very much fun with this. It’s basically spvp, except more zergy- which is not where spvp shines. There’s a reason tpvp is 5v5 and not 8v8.

The buff just doesn’t need to be here. So far, I see no appreciable increase in fun because of the addition of Bloodlust, and it still ruins GvG. Net loss in my books.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Not at all the case on our match up. At some point we were ticking at 100 while having the 3 orbs. 998 burn ticks, ah the joy.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Please please please, split your feedback on two things. New buffs and the new map.

The new buff is kitten and w/e word you can put there. The new map is amazing and also awesome for WvW with a lot more fights happening.

Too bad the buffs make people lag with all calculations etc, once again it has not been tested with enough players.

Red Guard [RG]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dragona.4062

Dragona.4062

Last matchup Fissure of Woe, Blacktide, Ruins of Surmia: Very close matchup between two middle populated Servers and the high populated (Blacktide). I wonder how this matchup would look like if Blacktide would run all the time at least +100 all stats because they have the buff on. We were most of the time able to beat them in group fights cause we were more skilled.

Anet ruined GvG because they want to force players indirectly to join the sponsored ESL?

This is just a question.

[FoF]

Call me Jack, Jacky or your Nightmare.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

The buff does not make a difference.

Tz tz

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Sarrs.4831

The buff does not make a difference.

I just turned two warriors into paste on my own. Didn’t scratch me even though I stood in the 100b. That shouldn’t happen.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Every single time the buff changes hands, the server has to recalculate literally everyone in WvW’s stats and it lags pretty terribly. The biggest fight I’ve had while this was happening was a 5v5 and even that was unplayable for 5-10 seconds. One member of my group even lagged off a cliff and died. I can’t imagine how it will be later tonight during NA primetime with 20v20+.

Ironic that the one aspect of this patch that the community didn’t want is lagging the servers out of control.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

EU primetime just made me ragequit.
I try to avoid ragequitting in general, but there’s playable and there’s… tonight.

(on the bright side, the buff didn’t change hands that much, there was still plenty of lag coming from kitten-knows-where though)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

im really in shock, how is possible, that somebody is releasing unfinished work

4ever roaming

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Why in the world are they buffing the server that’s already winning? They should buff the losing server, if anything else.

Please fix before the start of the league. Anet themselves said that “during league season, no changes to WvW will happen until the end of the league season.” So please fix this before its too late.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

the problem is that now we have to stand in a stupid point forever until the the tpvp players for the other zerg comes and destroys u. and then they get points for stumping because they have bloodlust. this is not fair for the losing server that is outmanned most of the time
u wanna bring stupid spvp in, well the fun gets zerged to death and then u make your team lose even more because of the stomping.
dont get me wrong the maps are nice, but this whole think about having to stay n the circle and wait tik 9 people run u over is not balanced at all

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood