Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Now that I’ve seen it and read the forum comments about it,
I even more think:

Make it a third PvP-mode maybe with the same matchup, but
- There are already to many buf for the stronger side, even without bloodlust
- Stomping-Scores and WvW-Scores should not be mixed up, but separately counted.
- There are already more than enough things that cause laags in WvW, there is really no reason to add another major laag-source to it. (on the other side in a separate mode with own maps and small population caps, it may not be that worse)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Anet ruined GvG because they want to force players indirectly to join the sponsored ESL?

This is just a question.

No. This is just you creating a story. Anet introduced blood lust because they wanted to introduce blood lust. It’s not hard to comprehend.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Then let’s find a compromise for it Arenanet and fellow players.

(For those impatient, I made a TL;DR of the main point)

Before I even go into it, let me state that the arguments presented do not cover the facet of GvG, only WvWvW. I am aware of the crippling, or outright denial of GvGs by this Bloodlust and I can only hope in the future A-Net has something planned for guilds to actually, well, wage war upon one another in equal combat. WvWvW is an entirely different breed, and Bloodlust’s main objective was to add another scale of depth to it so thusly my propositions are for what A-Net could do with Bloodlust in the current WvWvW setting.

Bloodlust as a mechanic on paper looks rather appealing. A buff that can turn the tide of war with some spent resources (manpower) from any size. The counter-play is that if one invests too much in the buffs, they are not present for defense on objectives.

In a perfectly matched environment, sure, awesome, sounds about right. Too bad WvWvW is almost never equal, some objectives are just harder to take than others, some servers just have more numbers than others…its not a perfect environment.

This is where Bloodlust carries its problems, and where the population is rather upset. Bloodlust in its current state does favor the greater coverage, which is likely (not always) the greater population server. It makes the server even stronger, its individuals more powerful and the objective NPCs more potent as well, yes, Bloodlust applies to veterans and champions as well!

If the intent of Bloodlust was to force the higher coverage server to move its resources to control the middle of the map as opposed to guarding, they could very easily do so compared to the lesser servers. The uphill climb for the lesser population server to fight numbers with skill just became even more difficult.

Not to mention the GvG blowback from the change makes this probably the least favored WvW patch thus far!

Arenanet, I am very aware you take strides to respond well to player feedback, so let me offer a proposition for what Bloodlust could be, that minimizes the effect while providing the lesser coverage servers a means to actually be a challenge to the superior coverage.

You want WvW matches to be tightly contested correct? What if Bloodlust worked something like this:

On equal ground, still provides the same +50, assuming every server is equally matched. After time the War Score (the total points) of the 1st place server begin to break…let’s say 20k over the 2nd place server. However, a member of that first place server notices their bloodlust…diminished somewhat, getting a +40 stats per one. The lesser servers notice a +60 per stack.

Match keeps going, the number 1 server pulls to a 40k lead, and sees the bloodlust go down to +30 while the lesser servers are getting a +70 stat increase per bloodlust, now making their stacks worth more than double what the superior server in coverage and population has. The higher numbers began to struggle against the lesser, fights are becoming a bit harder to win lest the higher coverage actually sends more forces to intervene with Bloodlust, knowing that even ONE stack of bloodlust on the lesser servers means they have a huge advantage back.

…I do not think I need to push the idea any further, but I think you catch the drift.

TL;DR:

Having War Score of the 1st Place Server affect Bloodlust would be a psuedo-fix to the current issues and add that level of depth Arenanet probably wanted from Bloodlust originally. Have Bloodlust diminish for the 1st place server the higher they go in War Score while increase in stats per bloodlust for the other two servers. This could make the middle of the map very appealing to all sides, add that level of complexity and tactics like the intended purpose of Bloodlust should have been!

At 100k points it is almost assured that the 1st place server would win the match-up but Bloodlust would offer them no stat bonuses while the lesser servers could take a bloodlust stack for an astonishing +100, get some vengeance!

I think we are all in agreement that the imbalance of coverage between uneven match-ups sucks quite a bit. So rather than have Bloodlust be yet another advantage for the leading server, have it be a tool for the lesser servers to help fight back the greater numbers!

Thank you for taking the time to read this A-Net.

- Jornosh, Suicidal Warrior of [One].

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Zergs are all over because everyone is checking things out. It is new and shiny.

In the long run, I don’t see zergs being the main force for the buffs unless it is just before an attack on something. The rest of the time, I think more small force fight will happen in the middle.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

The so called über buff is constantly blinking and being reapplied at a speed of 10 per second.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Darkstar.4176

Darkstar.4176

Anet ruined GvG because they want to force players indirectly to join the sponsored ESL?

This is just a question.

No. This is just you creating a story. Anet introduced blood lust because they wanted to introduce blood lust. It’s not hard to comprehend.

I’ll give you half points for that.

They are pushing sPvP as their main competitive game mode though, which is a mistake. So there might be more truth to that than you would assume.

Virality
FA – [HOPE]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Anet,

I love that you have made changes to WvW, however, the placement on these capture points might have been poorly implemented.

Currently you placed 5 capture points in the dead center of the WvW BL. between all the keeps and starting towards on the map. Which allows the zergy to be zergyier being that they don’t need to run far to protect anything.

Perhaps a better placement would have been to use a larger part of the WvW map.

WvW Map Adjustments:
-reduce the radius on the citadel. and make the exits directly outside the citadel itself .
-The northern most supply camp gets move a bit further south
-1 bloodlust capture point gets placed in the location of the old alter/northern supply camp to the north(with added ruins and such)
-1 bloodlust gets placed at the skrit(with added ruins and such)
-1 bloodlust gets placed on the centurs(with added ruins and such)
-2 bloodlust gets placed in the current area in the former water.

This helps spread the fight more. This makes the defenders of that BL have a bit of an advantage on the bloodlust placement. It also makes it for them to give up units from the south part of the map to try to defend them.

I know it might be a little late for this feedback as you just released the content, but i have faith in Anet, that when they make a mistake, they are willing to adjust and change.

Attachments:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Insire.7031

Insire.7031

Tried WvW for 5 minutes and then logged out…
Not playable…

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Working as intended. It is there to create new strategies.

1. Get a giant blob to chase you in the direction of a cliff.
2. Get 3 elite teams to capture points all at the same time.
3. Watch the entire blob fall to their death.

Insta-win, get owned zerg

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah those cappoints switch like crazy and are like spvp on steroids, with the difference that the server with the bigger numbers gets extra super buffs. and they do need it soo badly as winning by almost 80000 is not enough.
what do u want? the spvp guys to come over?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

What I hate most is the stupid icons for the capture points is bigger than everything including keeps. Now borderland maps look crowded as kitten.

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Art and level design teams carry this game.

I would be lying if I said I would play this game if the Art and Style/ Graphical design of the game wasn’t above anyone other MMO.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Three orb buffs distributed evenly over three server?!

Relatively balanced point tick?!

Players getting on with, and playing the game?!

OMG WvW IS RUINED!

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/e7rc.jpg/[/img]

Yeah, I can post a screen cap too.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

it’s almost as if orbs are balanced in t1 because t1 is one of the very very few balanced tiers

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Three orb buffs distributed evenly over three server?!

Relatively balanced point tick?!

Players getting on with, and playing the game?!

OMG WvW IS RUINED!

[img]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/e7rc.jpg/[/img]

Yeah, I can post a screen cap too.

Posted from the most stable/balanced tier of all WvW….

http://mos.millenium.org/na

Seriously, other than T8, you have great balance, while every other match is a blowout….Think about it, all this is doing is giving more power to the already ridiculously empowered.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

lets just make more people try it!!! I can’t help but laugh out loud after I saw the new map. The new lake is basically spvp , the good old conquest model.

Lets see, you guys had Spvp since launch with the whole hug the circle conquest modle e-sport thingy. Now 1 year later no e-sport, hardly anyone playing spvp. So instead of fixing the product you decided to ram the same crap down the throats of the wvwers as well. Really? so all the people who tried it in spvp and ditched it must all be crazy ? the wvwer surely will see the light and embrace it right ? … lol

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

yes. just like when i come online and see enemy server have everything T3 and with WP’s on all maps. its called time to reset. but now i can also have fun resetting bloodlust before i start resetting T3 everything. this is a thing of planing and strategy idd.

also i really hope bloodlust buff stacks with AC dmg. that would be gr8. pls make it so anet.

As a solo roamer, I actually think these places of power give more value to a cohesive small group as they can and will decide the fate of a borderland map with what they are able to do outside of the zerg. Granted, there will be matches where numbers will totally dominate; ex: 9/6 match-up: DB vs YB vs KAIN, DB had KAIN and YB outnumbered on all borderlands the whole time and there was literally nothing that could be done to close the coverage gap. OK, so with the addition of the “orbs” what’s the difference? Nothing, coverage still wins when an imbalanced match is played so results will not change. People are complaining as if they would win or “get closer” to winning if there were no buffs. Be honest people, a #14 server would never beat a #7 server even if the buff was granted to the lower ranked server full time. The population difference is just too much.

That being said, I actually think these buffs will help balance the higher and lower tiers a bit more so that mid tiers don’t have to play against them as much because the population difference between the top 4 servers are not too far off, at least no where near the difference between 15-19. After a week of consistent play, I’m sure i’ll either hate the buff, or love it. Unfortunately, this week is a bad match because KAIN has a big EU crew compared to SF and GoM but hopefully SF will start catching up because our KAIN’s NA crew does not seem to be on on part with SF.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I agree, as long as the guy in the Super Adventure Box is having WvW fun I’m alright.

I’m sure when those servers fight the other 9 servers in the league, this’ll hold up.

Gate of Madness

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Given this concept I bet the AR community is kitten ed that this didn’t happen before they imploded. Get some SPvP’rs to take and hold that stuff, you’ll have the stat 24/7

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Right, because WvW didn’t have capture-points before today.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

lol@ T1 server talking about balance of course it’s even for you guys but not the other servers that are steamrolling the smaller WvW servers.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

What a joke. The orbs are horrible. If they do nothing in your tier, then they do nothing. gg there. If they do something in other tiers, what they do is create imbalance for traditional wvw and ruination of gvg. And OP comes on here like he’s made some great discovery. lol

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Az z.2746

Az z.2746

NA T1 is most balanced tier in GW2 history, I’d hardly take it as a parameter for anything. Anyway, I play in this matchup, and I still hate the orb stats buff.

Azz ~
( Sg Az / Rg Az / Wr Az / Gr Az )
http://www.youtube.com/user/azzalan/

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Right, because WvW didn’t have capture-points before today.

So you used to take a camp and the proceed to sit in it all day ? .. I must have being playing this game all wrong then.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Guys we are the minority, didn’t you know everyone who plays the game and doesn’t comment on the forums agrees with the devs and loved the idea of bloodlust and league systems

They really shouldn’t had stated that.

A lot of people are advid followers of politics and religion, but are not vocal to a public meeting ground/site/forum etc.

That doesn’t mean they agree or disagree in certain aspects, it just means they have no desire/time to talk about it publicly.

Unless they read all conversations in game, then there is no way in knowing how players who do not write on this forum, feel about the direction. Every friend who plays GW2, does not follow the forums like me, but we have a lot of the same opinions about certain aspects. We also have few disagreements.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: ConfusedDave.4271

ConfusedDave.4271

Yeah, the lag is unbelievable today. You broke your game!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

Capture points are not bad, the new map is good and map designers did an awesome job. The Bloodlust buff is the idea that got removed and put it again with exact same stats.

Red Guard [RG]

(edited by Pryda.8257)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Yep, and wait until you play a rank 12 server in the fun new leagues that are coming.

You going to find it fun rolling over people in zerg, small group, duel with +150 to every stat?

Then again, maybe you will.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Logged in to find that we had absolutely 0 camps, towers or garrison on our server Rampaging team had all the ruins too.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Come on guys it can’t be 100% bad can it? I see negative things everywhere and not one positive post anywhere. I’m sure some people are enjoying the ~150 server wide stat gap now. Can we get some posts that point out the advantages to blood lust?

I got one: More time to play GTA V until they fix it.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Yep, and wait until you play a rank 12 server in the fun new leagues that are coming.

You going to find it fun rolling over people in zerg, small group, duel with +150 to every stat?

Then again, maybe you will.

Where do you think T1 gets their superiority complex from?

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

probly is beter to change the name from guild wars2 to lag wars2…..

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Araziel.7201

Araziel.7201

Man, I didn’t even know about this. I just went to WvW right now and saw we have two of the buffs. This is just ignorant. I’m on TC and we aren’t having any real problems with FA or DB. It’s a fun match, but how is this supposed to make it any funner? It’s not fair to them.

No reason for this crap again.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

nothing.7941

Come on guys it can’t be 100% bad can it? I see negative things everywhere and not one positive post anywhere. I’m sure some people are enjoying the ~150 server wide stat gap now. Can we get some posts that point out the advantages to blood lust?

It makes Devon feel good for some reason? Can’t seem to think of anything else.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Warp Wars 2 is a better description. Its not so much lagging as it is stuttering and warping. WvW isnt quite unplayable, but its certainly not a fun or smooth experience. It was already stuttering when large zergs engaged (introduced since 2-3 patches back) but today… Dear lord. Players are jumping all over the place. Skill lag isnt even an issue any more, the stuttering is far, far worse.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Support from Hundreds of Veteran players?
Excuse me?

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

At first I thought you were playing Minecraft with the WvW tab open…but I’m assuming that’s the Adventure Box thing? I’ve never been there, but I’m glad all the PvErs are happy with the new WvW content.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

my ques will be shorter and it should be more enjoyable with less elitist and more casuals

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

1. Currently when a server gains the bloodlust buff on the borderland they are on, they keep it until another server caps 3 nodes and holds for 2 minutes. It would be much better if you lose the bloodlust buff as soon as you hold less than 3 nodes.

2. Fix the lag associated with a server recieving the buff.

3. Remove the stat portion of the buff but keep the points on stomp. If need be, increase the points on stomp to make the buff more rewarding. Stats only help the stronger server get stronger.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

nothing.7941

This Buff is Gamebreaking…Anet pls take this Buff out the game!

Like they care.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I like how the OP deleted his first thread, then reposted it and still failed at linking the image properly.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Cant play wvw anymore. miss miss miss, and then they pop up 20 yards further. will wait till next year when they fix it.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

ANET,
I do understand your idea about “epic 100v100 battles”(even tho 20vs20 fights are far more balanced, organised and interesting) but you need to understand that your game does NOT allow it and as far as I’m concerned you know it! After releasing the bloodlust buff it becomes even worse. The server with higher population = more people in borders most of time will control 2/3 buffs all the time. Lower tier servers gonna die because of transfers to high tiers. Who is the mastermind guy behind this game and WvW stuff?
Now my question is – what is the difference between bloodlust buff and orbs? It’s 100% the same mechanism! As I heared it was made to help … roamers? SMALLER GROUPS?! What the h3ck is wrong with you people? Do you even play your own game?

Mentioning GvG case is pointless… There are thousands of ideas how to change bloodlust buff so everyone can be happy and enjoy playing GW2. Not noticed by developers as we can see.

You’re doing new things but do now take care of old issues and opinion of the community. We do not want to play this game the way you want it! Stop behaving like little kids who do not listen to anybody. How many times you need to fall down? But maybe it’s your last, finall fall.
Hide your pride and start doing the right things. It’s the last moment to start changing things. Why is it so hard to start supporting your customers? You really need such bad PR for future?

Cheers to old friends all around EU scene,
Devitz

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native language

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Devitz.2136

Devitz.2136

+1 we had to call our raid for tonight after 1hour. Freezes and lags all around!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Outmanned buff……some non buffed stats…

Overmanned buff… lets boost all their stats!!!!

Brilliant!

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Guys we are the minority, didn’t you know everyone who plays the game and doesn’t comment on the forums agrees with the devs and loved the idea of bloodlust and league systems

ROFLMAO – grabs cloth to wipe coffee off screen!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Vexd.1238

Vexd.1238

Totally agree with the OP.

Now when I solo roam, looking for a fight, I have to face enemy players with a free 150 bonus to all stats, due to their server having more WvW players.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

nothing.7941

my ques will be shorter and it should be more enjoyable with less elitist and more casuals

Yeah, it’s weeding out the good players, definitely a plus. GG

Gaile Gray wrote:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: efk.3427

efk.3427

Another great thing about this update is now I won’t have to worry about Krait killing me. They were buggers.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Sykper,

Thank you for taking the time to post your idea. I’m personally in favor of it. Good job!

Anet,

It is apparent that the people within your organization that make the WvW decisions don’t actually “play” WvW.

And, ladies and gents, come Oct 4th, whatever features that are in WvW on that date, will stay in WvW for the following 7 weeks. Because Anet has already said they won’t be making any WvW changes during the league season. So, Anet, you got two weeks (and a few days) to fix this BL bloodlust" issue."

Moonlight [THRU]