Blue Catmander too greedy

in WvW

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The Yellow Catmander takes a little food to get for your home instance, but the Blue one wants a Gift of Battle. That’s a bit much. A Gift of Battle takes a while to get, whereas the food you just get from a provisioner. Please have the Blue Catmander take some kind of food too. A legendary weapon ingredient is too much.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

While I cannot complain as I have about 8-9 GoB’s (as they are easy to get), getting one doesn’t take as much time as some would think. In 1 month (with my casual playing), I managed to get about 3-4. Also with the PiP system, ive been getting the instant boosts to the track (and this is all while being on the losing skirmished about 50% of the time).

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Does the catmander randomly call a pickup raid and lead around the other pug cats in your home instance? would they zerg down players who come to visit your home instance?

Edit: Oh I guess if both are in your instance they fight each other with kittens.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

(edited by XenesisII.1540)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Does the catmander randomly call a pickup raid and lead around the other pug cats in your home instance? would they zerg down players who come to visit your home instance?

No. But the fear of them attracting Dogmander is real..

in WvW

Boogiepop Void.6473

First of all I think you are an outlier as far as how fast you can get GoB. But regardless, you are still talking a component of a legendary weapon for a home instance cat. That’s way too much. Think of the gold value of that gift of battle.

in WvW

Posted by: Carbi.6357

Carbi.6357

oh so it ate my gift of buttle so it would be in my home instance? cool stuff. been looking for a reason as to why it ate it all day, ty.

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

First of all I think you are an outlier as far as how fast you can get GoB. But regardless, you are still talking a component of a legendary weapon for a home instance cat. That’s way too much. Think of the gold value of that gift of battle.

I am assuming you are referring to me, however a liar I am not (its easier to remember stuff when you are telling the truth lol). Given a good 8-9ish days worth of playing (maybe 2.5ish hours each session) I have cleared the reward track for it (hense why I kept doing it another 7-8 times lol).

If it will appease you, I will do another run (after my current track), record the # of hours it took me and let you know.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

So, I get the time investment angle as time is money etc.. but I have absolutely no problem with some items in game being harder to get that others.

Claws, fangs, bones, etc etc are also components of legendaries as well.

If it is too much, don’t get it.

in WvW

Boogiepop Void.6473

I said you were an OUTLIER, as in you are statistically at the short end of GoB attainment speed.

Claws and such drop all over the game, not only as the final reward for a track. Most people don’t have tons of GoB laying around that they can just throw one at a cat.

Also as a pint of comparison the yellow car only wants a cheap food item.

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I said you were an OUTLIER, as in you are statistically at the short end of GoB attainment speed.

Claws and such drop all over the game, not only as the final reward for a track. Most people don’t have tons of GoB laying around that they can just throw one at a cat.

Then I must apologize good sir and or madam for my misinterpreting your meaning.

Please, accept my awesome cooked maple bacon as a token of my friendship.

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Well, the Food from the Provisioner will cost 10 WvW Ranks to unlock.
You have to compare the time it takes to gain 10 WvW ranks to farming 1 Reward Track. Don’t think it’s all that different.

(Not everyone has unlocked the Provisioner already).

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

do you have a candy corn gobbler
use xp boosters
they cut your time to do a track by 1/3
make sure you start your play sessions by going and doing stuff and not by waiting around for a commander to get ready, and preferably in outnumbered maps if you can find them. getting a lot of participation quickly goes a long way.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Boogiepop Void.6473

Well, the Food from the Provisioner will cost 10 WvW Ranks to unlock.
You have to compare the time it takes to gain 10 WvW ranks to farming 1 Reward Track. Don’t think it’s all that different.

(Not everyone has unlocked the Provisioner already).

While it’s true not everyone has the provisioner, you aren’t giving up the provisioner to get the cat. Using something that is persistent but required work to unlock is different from giving up an item that you world then have to reacquire with days of work.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Edit: Oh I guess if both are in your instance they fight each other with kittens.

Those kittens stack better than most players…

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Not a big deal to me personally. GoB are easy to earn in 6ish hours. Heck I could earn that on reset night (with lots more ancillary loot) if I burned the midnight oil. There is some precedent as one of the guild hall upgrades also took a legendary crafting item (Gift of Music was it?).

Having this cat isn’t a requirement to play the game, it’s a bragging right.

in WvW

Posted by: Lowen.7109

Lowen.7109

Sarika.3756

Those kittens stack better than most players…

Only when catnip is involved…

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

The yellow cat requires you earn enough wxp to be able to carry the portable provisioner…I’m not really sure if there’s another way to get the item he wants since I have the portable provisioner already, but assuming not and if we’re talking strickly about time required for the catfood, then I’d assume the yellow cat is more greedy.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

We need the Batman