Border Maps South Waypoints fix?

in WvW

Posted by: Ra Ra.9423

Ra Ra.9423

The new border maps are beautiful…. and huge. I remember in the information that came out prior to HoT launch, it was said that the waypoints were being moved from the side keeps to the South towers. This has happened, but the tower waypoints are always contested.
Due to the size of the maps, those South waypoints are absolutely necessary. Without those, it’s not possible to accurately kitten the playability of the maps. Right now, the many pages of comments about the size of the maps attest to the need for better mobility.

While I like the maps, if those waypoints aren’t going to be fixed, I can’t see the value of trying to play there. I’ve been a border defender for a long time, but the distances just make it very ‘unfun’. (spending much time running between locations, and lost half the time :P) By the time you reach the destination it’s much too late to do anything — so why bother.

I realize there are many HoT issues currently being addressed by the Anet team, however, I feel the waypoint issue is a high priority if Anet really wants players to give the new border maps an honest chance.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post — it’s a bit hard to wade through hundreds of them.

Ra ~ Asuran Gaters[ZPM]- Darkhaven
You only live once. But once is enough, if you do it right! …. Mae West

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I agree that I dislike not being able to use the WPs. But I see no evidence that it takes any more real world time to run there as it did in the old BLs. I have looked at my videos from the old maps, and when I do not ha e any encounters, it is very similar in time to travers. Do you have evidence that suggest my findings are inaccurate?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Ra Ra.9423

I do not. However, the point is that we had waypoints in the old maps, at least some of the time, which made movement around the map more efficient. Currently, I’ve never observed the South waypoints open, and I believe they are bugged.

The first week, an enemy player was able to waypoint into a S tower owned by our server. I think that’s been fixed, but the wp remain contested to us at all times.

(edited by Ra Ra.9423)

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

They have mentioned before that each wp is only meant to be open to one server. That is not a bug, it is intentional.

I’m not opposed to having it open to whoever owns the objective. However i disagree that the maps are too big. I have actually timed myself running from citadel to s camp and other locations and it takes roughly the same amount of time. If there is a difference it is within seconds and not minutes

in WvW

Ra Ra.9423

The problem is that when our server owns a south tower on our own BL, the wp is not available, and it should be.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The problem is that when our server owns a south tower on our own BL, the wp is not available, and it should be.

No it should not. Waypoints are only available when respective side owns their border keep.

Its stupid sure and should never have been changed, but thats how Anet designed it. Its working as intended.