Borderland waypoints need to be changed

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Home team needs to be able to use air and fire keep waypoints when they own them and enemy team should still be able to use their lane keep waypoints when they own it. As a home defender it is super hard to travel to the action on the bottom of the map and this could make the bl’s more playable and air and fire keeps more important in the grand scheme of things.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Zollec.5734

Zollec.5734

Yes, I completely agree. I also made a topic about this a few weeks ago.
A big problem with home borderland defence is that it doesn’t support home defence. People don’t want to spend most of their time running across the map looking for the invaders; they want to spend their time fighting/defending on that map. The lack of mobility given to defenders just doesn’t allow this to happen. And a side effect of this is that attackers don’t go to the borderlands as often because they know there probably wont be anyone to fight. This may not be the case for upper tier servers, but it is the case for many servers. The game doesn’t exist just for the higher tiers.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

We told them in the beta weekends like over half a year ago.

Just give up they don’t have a WvW development team, or they’re just not listening. Either way nothing is being done. They can’t even make a WvW map background that doesn’t look like it’s been made in MSPaint and it takes months if not years to fix the tiniest of bugs (like Ice Spike not working with quickness since HoT).

They throw false rumors around, like the “Orb coming back”, “WvW overhaul” or “SAB coming back” just so that people don’t quit.

Check out these patch notes:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/245011/

That’s the difference with a company really supporting their game and trying to make significant improvements. Now I’m not saying ESO is a better game, it’s about the same as GW2, but the support is light years ahead. DirectX update, Mac 64bit client and opengl update, changes in all game modes, complete rebalance, new content and the list goes on and on and it covers everything.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

We told them in the beta weekends like over half a year ago.

Just give up they don’t have a WvW development team, or they’re just not listening. Either way nothing is being done. They can’t even make a WvW map background that doesn’t look like it’s been made in MSPaint and it takes months if not years to fix the tiniest of bugs (like Ice Spike not working with quickness since HoT).

They throw false rumors around, like the “Orb coming back”, “WvW overhaul” or “SAB coming back” just so that people don’t quit.

Check out these patch notes:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/245011/

That’s the difference with a company really supporting their game and trying to make significant improvements. Now I’m not saying ESO is a better game, it’s about the same as GW2, but the support is light years ahead. DirectX update, Mac 64bit client and opengl update, changes in all game modes, complete rebalance, new content and the list goes on and on and it covers everything.

You should take you own advice, give up and stop posting here. Could have swore you quit a few weeks ago..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Well home BL supports defence somewhat. Starting from garri is better than starting from bottom corners. North camp and North towers are easily taken from home spawn point.

You guys know emergency waypoints work even if the regular ones don’t? Yeah they designed new WvW thinking “WvW guilds” would exist, and play the game. Well they exist in T1 anyways and it sorta works.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

Home team needs to be able to use air and fire keep waypoints when they own them and enemy team should still be able to use their lane keep waypoints when they own it. As a home defender it is super hard to travel to the action on the bottom of the map and this could make the bl’s more playable and air and fire keeps more important in the grand scheme of things.

Have you tried running from north keep to the south towers and from the side keeps to the south towers? It’s actually faster to get to both south towers from north keep than it is to get to the south towers from the side keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Have you tried running from north keep to the south towers and from the side keeps to the south towers? It’s actually faster to get to both south towers from north keep than it is to get to the south towers from the side keeps.

i tried to get from wk to swt and garri to swt tower with swiftness and no leaps and it was the exact same time to get into the portals. easier to get to the south west camp which can help but wow. Wonder how long it took on the old maps cause i got 1 minute and 47 seconds for both runs. scrap this idea i guess lol.

Native Maguuman

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

You guys know emergency waypoints work even if the regular ones don’t? Yeah they designed new WvW thinking “WvW guilds” would exist, and play the game. Well they exist in T1 anyways and it sorta works.

Emergency WP…. which is locked behind scribing, level 350, and is no where near comparable with the old system. From the wiki:
- Assembling Schematic: Emergency Waypoint will take 12 hours or 1200 Resonance.
- Once activated, spawn an incontestable waypoint at your objective, near the tactivator, which lasts for 1 minute
-This Improvement has a 3:00 installation time and a 15:00 cooldown.

It’s also soulbound, so if your guild’s scribe is online (big if) and not already there, or it’s not pre-installed, he or she faces quite a battle to get from spawn through the attackers and into the contested objective, THEN the three minute installation time. If you don’t get everyone you need into the contested objective in that one minute? Good luck with that.

There are 7 tiers below tier 1. How many of the lower tiers have used an emergency WP? A better idea would be to give us the WP’s on our HOME borderland, and if we take a keep on an enemy BL, it wouldn’t be built until the keep upgrades.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

There are 7 tiers below tier 1. How many of the lower tiers have used an emergency WP?

We used it in Tier 8! Once.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

100% agreed here
+1 OP.

CCCP….

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Um… Once the scribe had built the schematic and it’s been through the processor, it’s available to slot from storage. Anyone with permissions to do so in the guild can slot it. And if public tactivator use is checked, anyone on your server can trigger it…

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Um… Once the scribe had built the schematic and it’s been through the processor, it’s available to slot from storage. Anyone with permissions to do so in the guild can slot it. And if public tactivator use is checked, anyone on your server can trigger it…

Not to pick on you, but too many “ifs” there. It still doesn’t help the majority of the players. Reverse those “ifs”- if the schematic hasn’t been built, if it’s not available from storage (it’s soulbound, according to the wiki), if your scribe isn’t online or on the same map or involved in a fight, if public activation didn’t get checked….

The topic of the post is still valid. Borderlands waypoints need to be changed.

in WvW

Posted by: stormstyle.3578

stormstyle.3578

Agree with OP. +1
Now on home BL, if i were to defend any of the bottom towers i have to go all the way from middle keep. and gamble that i will make it there before it’s flipped.

[TAL] Uhino
Underworld

in WvW

Posted by: Helys Vikonas.9125

Helys Vikonas.9125

There are 7 tiers below tier 1. How many of the lower tiers have used an emergency WP?

We used it in Tier 8! Once.

We used it in T9. Our enemies were so awed before that display of superior grinding and might that they were beaten.

Joke aside, I agree with the side WP unlock. Right now if I fight anywhere that is more than a min away from the upper keep’s WP, and end up dying, I’m always wondering if I should bother walking back, because A.) It’s boring as hell B.) The enemy will probably be gone anyway and whatever objective he was capping taken (& with RI).
After that happens once or twice, I’ll generally consider moving to EB. Not that we have a queue there either, so the decision is generally pretty easy to make. And the desert BL becomes even more of a deserted BL.

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

@ anet: U CAN DO IT. NOW. I KNOW. I BELIEBE IN YOU. Give us back the waypoints on Home Border as they were before HoT.. pls .. my shoes allready wore thin from this whole lot of walking

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Waypoints only in upgraded keeps. All upgraded keeps no matter whom the keep belonged to on reset..

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]