Borderlands Bloodlust, RIP GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Bringing sPvP to WvW, where you need to capture 3 points for this new buff, “borderlands bloodlust”.

Welcome to the era of jumping puzzle GvG.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/450266898 (bloodlust thing at 30 minute of the video)

(edited by Halo.8976)

in WvW

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1. Bringing spvp to WvW? Not really. In theory sPvP has always been in here with capping points. This new system will help bring in the importance of Borderland maps up, help spread out the zergs, and possible help losing servers.

2. WvW was never made for GvG anyways. Do not be surprised as the implement more and more stuff that can make GvG harder or force you into the puzzle.

in WvW

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

Bringing sPvP to WvW, where you need to capture 3 points for this new buff, “borderlands bloodlust”.

Welcome to the era of jumping puzzle GvG.

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/450266898 (bloodlust thing at 30 minute of the video)

WvW IS sPvP, with walls and NPCs

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpi.7843

Pimpi.7843

it will make it kinda unbalanced in some points. but there are the wvw buffs as well so if you can do it right you can balance the wvw buffs out with the bloodlust thing.

do you not think that bloodlust is kinda weird to take as name for this because there are a sigil with same name too.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Welcome to launch! Where taking a keep, tower, or camp was all about standing in a circle.

Now pull your head out of your kitten .

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

LOL I think I just woke up my parents with that burst of laugh.
27:40 into the VOD.
Questions about bloodlust pop up → those are not important.
Thanks for the heads up.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Halo.8976

WvW IS sPvP, with walls and NPCs

PvE is WvW, just with dragons.

in WvW

Posted by: BlueViking.7105

BlueViking.7105

Im really sad they bring stat buffs to wvw, it just doesnt belong there imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I agree individual stat buffs would be bad. But if they do it, I guess you’ll just have to send some of your servermates to the center BL to open field fight to make sure no one gets the buff while you’re GvGing.

in WvW

Posted by: Sukor.1236

Sukor.1236

I don’t know why people are surprised about this. Stat buffs were in at launch, the only reason they were removed is because it was too hard for a losing server to fight back for them. Now these are in the open field and even small servers have a chance at them. This could be a real improvement to WvW, but we need to see how it plays out.

However saying that something shouldn’t be added because it would ruin “GvG” is not a valid argument. WvW is not GvG. WvW was NEVER about balanced equal fights. I understand some people want GvG, then ask for some kind of GvG mode to be added to sPvP, don’t try to influence WvW to cater to this unintended playstyle.

in WvW

Halo.8976

Stat buffs were in at launch, the only reason they were removed is because it was too hard for a losing server to fight back for them.

They were removed because of fly hackers stealing orbs from keeps.

However saying that something shouldn’t be added because it would ruin “GvG” is not a valid argument.

I’m not saying anything, look at this thread as a tombstone.

in WvW

Posted by: Sukor.1236

Sukor.1236

Stat buffs were in at launch, the only reason they were removed is because it was too hard for a losing server to fight back for them.

They were removed because of fly hackers stealing orbs from keeps.

However saying that something shouldn’t be added because it would ruin “GvG” is not a valid argument.

I’m not saying anything, look at this thread as a tombstone.

I remember the fly hackers. There was more than one reason orbs were removed.

I’m also not specifically talking about you when I say that.

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

I don’t know why people are surprised about this. Stat buffs were in at launch, the only reason they were removed is because it was too hard for a losing server to fight back for them.

What? No. They removed them because the orbs (givers of the stat bonus) were prime targets for hackers, and ANet couldn’t stop them fast enough.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I wonder if a fly hacker could capture all 5 rings at the same time if he could warp between them fast enough

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

R.I.P Guild Wars 2 WvW

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wow he talks almost 30 min about the masteries, that honestly make defending objectives nearly impossible. all the masteries favor the zergs pretty much. and now we get a spvp like circle system.i’d rather have new buildings or maybe a temple or so than a circle cap thing.
if there is a 60man zerg out there u will have a hard time to cap those circles.
so until they release that bloodlust, all we gonna see is masteries….=_=

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I guess one solution will be instead of ppl watching gvg from the hill, they shoud go make sure no server have 3 points taken (or some organization like that). For 30min or what ever a gvg will take I dont think anyone will complain about this, except ppl who allways complain anyway:P

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

On the bright side, maybe fighting for the circles will get more people interested in fighting others instead of fighting doors. It also gives people who want smaller scale fights another place to go instead of taking sentries and camps and hoping you find someone.