Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Replace the Tamini with something interesting
Replace the Skritt with something more interesting
Replace the lake with something more interesting

OR

Make the Tamini and Skritt area mini-dungeons, each with their own jumping puzzle for completing it. Turn the pitiful Tamini camp into an actual stronghold/Skritt area into a full cave system, add a champion/legendary, make it like an actual DE, when you defeat him/finish the event, they are actual on your SIDE, and send more than simply 4 mobs that insta-die to guards.

Give incentive for players to take and hold these areas. These 3 locations are simply laughable in their current state, and not even worth the effort of walking into.

Perhaps make them towers/keeps/NEW type of location that the basic guards get replaced with the mob area (Tamini/Quaggan/Skritt)

Each of these mob types have their own custom sets of skills that can change the way the battle take place at these areas.

Oh….and how about some new texture sets? Snow/Green is nice and all….but cmon now these are the mists! they can take any shape! Maybe one UW themed, or FoW themed, or Charr home-land themed (current is like Shiverpeaks), Jungle themed etc. etc.

And lastly, fill in the vast open spaces full of random mobs (raptors, rams, etc.) and maybe put some small outposts, or watch towers, or settlements.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I would like to see a couple of towers in the north end or maybe a second invading server spawn and move citadel more centerish with bay and hills on north and south sides instead of east west and put a couple more towers where bay and hills were.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Limm.8401

Limm.8401

Make the Tamini and Skritt area mini-dungeons, each with their own jumping puzzle for completing it. Turn the pitiful Tamini camp into an actual stronghold/Skritt area into a full cave system, add a champion/legendary, make it like an actual DE, when you defeat him/finish the event, they are actual on your SIDE, and send more than simply 4 mobs that insta-die to guards.

No. We don’t need more PvE-crap in WvW. The worm is plenty.

Give incentive for players to take and hold these areas. These 3 locations are simply laughable in their current state, and not even worth the effort of walking into.

Perhaps make them towers/keeps/NEW type of location that the basic guards get replaced with the mob area (Tamini/Quaggan/Skritt)

Towers and Keeps sound more like it but the position on the map is just too defensible for the home-team.

And lastly, fill in the vast open spaces full of random mobs (raptors, rams, etc.) and maybe put some small outposts, or watch towers, or settlements.

Random mobs? You mean the crap that gets me in combat by strolling in my symbol of switness or the crap that randomly walks into our AoE to rally our kills?
WvW doesn’t need random mobs, they’re just an annoyance. It’s a PvP-mode. If people want to go kill raports there’s an entire game mode committed to it. If people wanna kill stuff in WvW it should be other players or maybe guards, doors and lords.

Kitty Rages; 55k

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Replace Skritt, Tamini and the Krait with cappable fortresses that can be upgraded alot when claimed by a guild, including waypoints available to that guild. They dont give actual WvW score, only personal/guild score when your guild claims it and a small amount of guild points for every cycle your guild holds it.

Guild Wars ftw.

Never going to happen.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

What next WvW mini games? Toss the cannon ball.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

Replace Skritt, Tamini and the Krait with cappable fortresses that can be upgraded alot when claimed by a guild, including waypoints available to that guild. They dont give actual WvW score, only personal/guild score when your guild claims it and a small amount of guild points for every cycle your guild holds it.

Guild Wars ftw.

Never going to happen.

Doesn’t fit in the WvW. If it has really no use for the team, then it’s pretty much useless. People would go there for their personal gains, and for them only. You would see people raging over the team chat because guild X or Y took them etc etc. Ofcourse, it would be nice for the enemy team to hold those for the extra WP, but that would be also only for the guild, so…

I have to say no. Sounds good, but it needs to be somewhere else than WvW.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

Borderlands

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

Random mobs? You mean the crap that gets me in combat by strolling in my symbol of switness or the crap that randomly walks into our AoE to rally our kills?
WvW doesn’t need random mobs, they’re just an annoyance. It’s a PvP-mode. If people want to go kill raports there’s an entire game mode committed to it. If people wanna kill stuff in WvW it should be other players or maybe guards, doors and lords.

WHOOSH That was the sound of it going right over your head…re-read it and see if it makes sense the second time around.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

WHOOSH That was the sound of it going right over your head…re-read it and see if it makes sense the second time around.

WHOOSH That’s the sound of it going over my head, too, because it sure seems like you’re asking for more PvE in WvW.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

WHOOSH That was the sound of the air escaping my lungs as I gasped with incredulity that you think adding more PvE to WvW is an improvement … and don’t even seem to recognize that your suggestions are indeed pure PvE. We can read it a dozen times and it still won’t make a lick of sense.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You would see people raging over the team chat because guild X or Y took them etc etc. Ofcourse, it would be nice for the enemy team to hold those for the extra WP, but that would be also only for the guild, so…

To reiterate:

Guild. Wars.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

What next WvW mini games? Toss the cannon ball.

Theres already a mini game called the Northern loop in the BL.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

WHOOSH That was the sound of the air escaping my lungs as I gasped with incredulity that you think adding more PvE to WvW is an improvement … and don’t even seem to recognize that your suggestions are indeed pure PvE. We can read it a dozen times and it still won’t make a lick of sense.

I think he means to remove the random mobs. And replace this with guard out posts and stuff like that. He could have worded it a bit better though, so I see why your confused. aka, less random mobs and more WvW stuff.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Those areas are useless but would 2 more towers make any difference? Anet probably put the tamini and skirt there because they couldn’t think of anything else.

But yeh less pve gets my vote.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Krait, eh? Oh, they’ll get theirs! As for the skritt and the centaurs, I agree that they feel extremely out of place in WvW. Replacing them is not a simple matter, however. As we continue to improve on WvW we’ll be taking another look at the borderlands generally and what we think needs to be made mo’ better. It’s a safe bet the centaurs and skritt will not escape notice.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

THAT LAST LINE, AWESOME NEWS.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Aw, I was hoping the in the same patch, centaurs and skritt would meet the same fate as the krait and quaggans.

Just put a shiney in the middle of their area and watch people fight over it.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

Krait, eh? Oh, they’ll get theirs! As for the skritt and the centaurs, I agree that they feel extremely out of place in WvW. Replacing them is not a simple matter, however. As we continue to improve on WvW we’ll be taking another look at the borderlands generally and what we think needs to be made mo’ better. It’s a safe bet the centaurs and skritt will not escape notice.

Could you, while we wait for you to replace them, just remove them? And take some of the random PVE mobs with them. Their need to be less PVE mobs in the WvW maps.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

It would be interesting if the “Mercenaries” were actually useful and send out a few Champions as opposed to vets or other useless stuff to go monkey stomp the camps. And then be much harder to retake. As in, defensible, with a champion claimer. Not to keep levels of cap difficulty, obviously, but it would be nice if there was an incentive to take and hang on to your mercenary army.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

No new content until we get a working and flexible grouping system in my opinion. We need a grouping system that let’s people form squads the way they enjoy.

Fixing the UI and updating the Commander and Squad system to be useful to guilds and players should be the #1 priority.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

The worm is plenty.

THE WURM HAS A NAME!!! USE IT!!!!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

The worm is plenty.

THE WURM HAS A NAME!!! USE IT!!!!

Timothy?

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Quaggans need a look into too, they are complete useless trash mobs
There should be an entire underwater castle, with quaggan guards and patrols, that can be upgraded for more F-UUUUU-power!

(edited by Kontrolle.3514)

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

how is EVERYTHING related to wvw is soo complicated like some big nasa project working on quantum physics like the way u reply on every single of ur posts.. ill never know.

Borderlands

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I think he means to remove the random mobs. And replace this with guard out posts and stuff like that. He could have worded it a bit better though, so I see why your confused. aka, less random mobs and more WvW stuff.

Uhh, no …. he’s suggesting the addition of a bunch of PvE:

“Make the Tamini and Skritt area mini-dungeons, each with their own jumping puzzle for completing it. Turn the pitiful Tamini camp into an actual stronghold/Skritt area into a full cave system, add a champion/legendary, make it like an actual DE, when you defeat him/finish the event, they are actual on your SIDE, and send more than simply 4 mobs that insta-die to guards.
<snip>
And lastly, fill in the vast open spaces full of random mobs (raptors, rams, etc.)”

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Borderlands

in WvW

Zietlogik.6208

“Make the Tamini and Skritt area mini-dungeons, each with their own jumping puzzle for completing it. Turn the pitiful Tamini camp into an actual stronghold/Skritt area into a full cave system, add a champion/legendary, make it like an actual DE, when you defeat him/finish the event, they are actual on your SIDE, and send more than simply 4 mobs that insta-die to guards.
<snip>
And lastly, fill in the vast open spaces full of random mobs (raptors, rams, etc.)”

for the NW/NE areas yes…kinda…they already have a ton of mobs that respawn quickly, changing it to a legendary means you need less mobs, and no respawns. As for the random mobs part, everyone seems to have misread it….

and no you cannot put words into my mouth claiming what I did and did not say as your own representation. Fill in areas full of random mobs = the areas are currently full of random mobs…fill them with watchposts etc.

Im not sure if people are just trolling, or really see things so tunnel visioned and completely incapable of discerning the difference….please read and think of possible things it may be taken…not sure the first one that pops into your head. Some of the people here make my head hurt -.-

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

It would be interesting if the “Mercenaries” were actually useful and send out a few Champions as opposed to vets or other useless stuff to go monkey stomp the camps. And then be much harder to retake. As in, defensible, with a champion claimer. Not to keep levels of cap difficulty, obviously, but it would be nice if there was an incentive to take and hang on to your mercenary army.

I reckon that could work. NPC armies led by champs that will take and hold towers/keeps. You could make them neutral too so that the team previously holding them stops getting the points. Gives people a reason to monitor/defend a keep when they are the only ones on the map.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

<snip>

I was talking about the section that quoted about the user nothing else. If you go back and investigate, you’ll under stand. As I said it could be worded better but you should get the idea if you use your mind a bit.

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

Borderlands

in WvW

Cactus.2710

<snip>

I was talking about the section that quoted about the user nothing else. If you go back and investigate, you’ll under stand. As I said it could be worded better but you should get the idea if you use your mind a bit.

My mind works fine .. give yours a try. Champions, jumping puzzles, and dungeons are PvE.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m not against having more PvE stuff in WvW, but it needs to be meaningful and relevant. If we have more mob generation it needs to be in response to something going on in WvW instead of just ‘there’. Now that there are far more unbalanced matchups with T1 servers steam rolling T6 servers, now might be a good time to add larger PvE encounters to give dominate servers something to do and struggling servers more of an edge outside of Siegerazer.

Gandara

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I think all the PvE stuff was added to make it look like something was going on even when the bg was completely empty of players.
It’s as if Anet were afraid no-one would turn up to the party so they filled the room up with dummies. Then they added a bunch of board games in case people who did turn up didn’t know what to do.

Well, you can relax guys – the party’s going just fine and we’re having a blast!. Can we have the dummies and games out now so we can have a bit more room to party?

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I’m not against having more PvE stuff in WvW, but it needs to be meaningful and relevant. If we have more mob generation it needs to be in response to something going on in WvW instead of just ‘there’. Now that there are far more unbalanced matchups with T1 servers steam rolling T6 servers, now might be a good time to add larger PvE encounters to give dominate servers something to do and struggling servers more of an edge outside of Siegerazer.

This is where something like DAOC’s Darkness Falls would be good. IT was essentially a PVE zone that was exclusively accessible to the “winning” side, and once lost, turned into a PVP free-for-all as the new owners of DF cleared the former owners of the dungeon out.

downed state is bad for PVP

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Ok, this is the part that is confusing everyone. I mis-read it at first too. With the addition of some punctuation and a grammar part that I forgot whakittens called this is what the op meant I’m pretty sure:

And lastly, fill in the vast open spaces, which are currently full of random mobs (raptors, rams, etc.), with something else – maybe put some small outposts or watch towers or settlements.

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Troop.1369

Troop.1369

I thought the centaurs were there to help with our 25 sigil stacks.

I guess we don’t play the same game.

Black Talons – We make you nervous.
http://blacktalons.guildlaunch.com/

Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I would love to see the map redesigned to encourage the two invading sides to attack each other. Being a home BL, should the home team not get better advantages to terrain, towers, keeps and camps?

I mean really, if you are going to develop a large defensive system to defend your lands, it shouldn’t have large back route paths to avoid your defensive structures. Add more camps to the map so that the home team can rely on more than JUST NORTH CAMP! (sorry for caps but its frustrating)

Put a keep smack dab in the middle between the two attacking servers so they have something to do besides pushing straight north every single time. The ruins would be a great spot for a fort. As a defender, this is an automatic 2v1 situation on reset and can leave you holding on for dear life at garrison for several hours with 0 supply coming in from the north.

HOME Borderland should offer a little more safety! It should be better designed to funnel enemy forces together which would discourage garrison tunnel vision.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)