Boss in WvW

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

What do you guys think about having a boss like Tequatl in WvW?
The Server with more overall dmg gets the loot.
I think that will make more ppl to come and will open some oportunities,a bigger rivalry,etc.
Just a late night thought….

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

plz, no more pve in wvw :/

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

but I have heard this idea floated around before, like a dragon raid all of a sudden in wvw, but plz anet leave the pve crap in pve, dont put it in wvw.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Nury.3062

You know that most of the loot from WvW come from PvE elements.
And the ideea about a boss in wvw is not about the loot,is about fighting for it with the other servers,increasing the pvp aspect of the wvw not the pve.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

There are already a couple bosses in wvw, and pretty much no one does them.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Nury.3062

There are already a couple bosses in wvw, and pretty much no one does them.

but not as big/important as Teq,maybe with unique loot…

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Katahdin.8714

Katahdin.8714

No thanks…. we have enough PvE in WvW (some would say too much). We dont need more things that have nothing to do with WvW interfering with WvW. There are things called camps, towers and keeps, etc already there to be fought for.

There are plenty of world bosses in PvE for people to farm. Keep them in PvE where they belong.

Thanks

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

There’s already one. It’s called the Overgrown Grub. And no one fights that thing. Why should they? It’s minding it’s own business.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Do your pve outside of mists.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

Boss fights are 2 or 3 bloobs fightin in Sieged up keeps. Doing some Pve land boss is Pve. This is PvP.

Leave the PVE out of WvW we dont want it here.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

Allright, Underworld got wrecked during the last tourny and might have give up on WvW as a server. But that doesn’t mean WvW needs to change into PvE with a world boss.

No PvE in WvW. What we want is less PvE in WvW.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

You know that most of the loot from WvW come from PvE elements.
And the ideea about a boss in wvw is not about the loot,is about fighting for it with the other servers,increasing the pvp aspect of the wvw not the pve.

What the heck kind of game are you playing where most of your loot comes from pve elements? 0_o

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

The grub is already the best world boss in the game.

When too many non-teamspeak pugs are following your guild, go attack the grub for 10 seconds then run off.

The pugs keep on grubbing.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Please don’t go giving Anet the idea of any more pve in wvw- if you want that go play in EoTM, plenty of champ bags for you there.

We need less random wolves etc allowing people to ress from downed in wvw, not more pve content.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

There’s already one. It’s called the Overgrown Grub. And no one fights that thing. Why should they? It’s minding it’s own business.

Yeah and for what? A massive chest that contains 2 BoH!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The idea was, before the creation of the map updates to the BL, to create a large “world” boss but with the placement of the ruins, that idea has been ruined :P

In DAoC there were gigantic (Something like 15 storey high) Giants which were hard to kill and dropped nothing of significant value. They were used mostly to kite the Giant into the keeps of the enemy to create havoc. Thats if u did not die first. Hilarious.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Please, for the love of god, NO more PvE in WvW.

We already have a PvE map with a kinda-sorta PvP flavor with EotM … so there is no need to turn the Borderlands into that as well. If anything, I would much rather see a decrease in random NPC (not including Lords, Guards and such) in the borderlands maps.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

plz, no more pve in wvw :/

WvW is a combination of PvP and PvE….

The only thing about PvE in WvW is the random baddies running around the map and NPC’s.

As it stands, WvW could use a little more PvE content in it to spice it up. I don’t mean living story content, not unless living story is PvP based.

A boss in WvW could make things interesting if it randomly descended on an enemies keep.

If people do not want any PvE content in their PvP, then they should stay out of WvW and go to PvP instead.

(edited by DeadlySynz.3471)

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

only if one side can gain control of it…

The idea of having your own pet dragon dive bombing the other sides blob has a certain appeal….

no pve in wvw

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

In DAoC there were gigantic (Something like 15 storey high) Giants which were hard to kill and dropped nothing of significant value. They were used mostly to kite the Giant into the keeps of the enemy to create havoc. Thats if u did not die first. Hilarious.

that is Hilarious

if they did put a dragon in wvw maybe you could buy bait for badges and lure it into the enemies garry

bait wars

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

plz, no more pve in wvw

I guess you never played lineage 2.

+1 from me

(edited by pierwola.9602)

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Replace SMC with Tequatl.
Already suggested it months ago.
Moar PvE.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: nikitnq.7143

nikitnq.7143

Well if there are faction neutral maps having an NPC blob going around (un)capping stuff should be fun, I think. But then this would turn into a k-train farm.

Eternal Railway Tracks?

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Nury, I suggest that you get a zerg to take on the arboreal spirit at Speldan camp without siege. Time it plz

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

WvW is a combination of PvP and PvE….

That’s about 90% of what’s holding wvw back right there.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

Allright, Underworld got wrecked during the last tourny and might have give up on WvW as a server. But that doesn’t mean WvW needs to change into PvE with a world boss.

No PvE in WvW. What we want is less PvE in WvW.

exactly how much head trauma did underworld suffer for him to come up with that idea?

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Hehe no matter how many people say “no more pve in wvw”, anet gonna do it anyway.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

@Fuzzion:

Lol, your post brought back forgotten memories: “Bob” the Midgard giant who would punt you literally to the next zone…

And omg, yes, the kiting.. lol Good times.

What’s even more funny is that Wildstar allows guilds doing GvG to summon a Boss mob they have previously downed into the warzone.

If ANet allowed something like that, imagine the coverage in off hours.

Ok, seriously. No. Not even for the laughs.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You know… I DO think the idea of being able to purchase extremely powerful NPC allies to attack the enemy Keep sounds kind of cool. Imagine the Garrison being stormed by 4 Champion Giants, one at each gate, with a small zerg of enemies at their feet. Or SMC getting strafed by Tequatl/Shatterer/Claw and you have to fight him off with siege weaponry.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

What do you guys think about having a boss like Tequatl in WvW?
The Server with more overall dmg gets the loot.
I think that will make more ppl to come and will open some oportunities,a bigger rivalry,etc.
Just a late night thought….

Yes!!
I can see the pvP chaos and thats fun.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I’d love it. An awesome boss like Teq in WvW would be refreshing. Hope the ususally intolerant generic WvW-player will finally get kicked his kitten .

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

OP didnt had a chance to face the grub on a 3 way blob

red zerg vs blue zerg vs green zerg vs super scaled grub

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Stupid idea, PvE has no place inside WvW. Go do world events if you want to fight brainless NPCs. Or flip ogres or dredge. People go to WvW to fight other players, they avoid PvE as much as they can. Like in our guild, multiple people haven’t even seen tequatle or don’t have map completion and that while having 3-4k+ ingame playing hours. PvE should be kept out of WvW, there already is enough of it as is.

I would suggest to decrease random mobs in WvW by 50%, aka the ascalonion/wolves/deers/trees/….

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ninao.1208

ninao.1208

the day something like that comes to wvw, will be the day that I’ll uninstall gw2. There’s allready to much pve inside wvw

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

I for one think this is a great idea.

How about for starters:

Replace Towers to just be a mob of 50 veterans (Easy to farm you know, sorta like that pavillion crap)
Keeps are like 5 champion bosses together. They’re all conveniently grouped up together in the lords room so it allows easier access for farming.
Keep camps the same, but add like 20 more veteran npcs. Maybe add a champion for more champ bags.
Make bloodlust a more pve event. (IE: Sitting in bloodlust for more than 15 seconds will spawn a pve mob. This pve mob will spawn more pve mobs, which spawn more pve mobs, and so on. This gives you your own personal farm!)
Smc- Oh boy I really hope ANET does this one! At the top of smc theres like 3 orbs and stuff, you touch three orbs. Boom Tekkatl (w/e the hell his name is), that aeterhblade ho, and a random 3rd world boss spawn. That way it’s much more convenient because you spawn 3 bosses at the same time. Thats 3 times the loot!!!

Man if ANET doesn’t make these changes, I for one will probably quit game.

Boss in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Just use the dragons as a balancing factor. Once a server gets ahead by so many points, dragon spawns and papers their BL. Lol.