Botting in WvW? Wow.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

So, I’m on a server that’s usually on T1 or T2 and have noticed a trend lately. People staying at the spawn and botting, so they don’t get autologged. You can tell because they have a skill that stays on CD.

Just fair warning. I’m reporting you for botting if I see you do it. Sucks that I have to wait in que enough. Why should you hold your place while everyone else logs off when they leave?

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Your participation level drops when you’re not doing anything WvW-related, like staying at spawn. When it drops below Tier 3, you don’t get pips. So it’s useless to “bot to not get autologged”.

The worst they’re doing – if they’re actually botting, is taking a player slot but they’re gaining nothing from it but a waste of electricity.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

How many APs do these “Botters” have? Better explanation is that these are alt accounts from other servers taking up map space….
Sad but true, I have heard people say that they do this. Weirdos but some people will do anything to gain advantage or be a pain in the kitten

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Jethro.9376

Jethro.9376

How many APs do these “Botters” have? Better explanation is that these are alt accounts from other servers taking up map space….
Sad but true, I have heard people say that they do this. Weirdos but some people will do anything to gain advantage or be a pain in the kitten

Increasing enemy numbers to get 5 extra pips

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

If they are gaining shared participation, people can afk at spawn all they want. Some commanders are even selling the spots. Sad but true.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

If they are gaining shared participation, people can afk at spawn all they want. Some commanders are even selling the spots. Sad but true.

We just hit a new all time low.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: HolyWood.7853

HolyWood.7853

Is it possible to join a squad as an enemy?

Lets say there are servers A and B. Player from server A makes an alt on B and afks at spawn with it while joining a squad(shared participation) from server A.
Ultimate low if this is doable and must be fixed.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

PM the bot ~;), if its a bot will log off.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

It’s possible to be in an enemy squad but you don’t get participation. I have made squads before with friends from enemy servers we would work together to take out the other server. It would allow us communication but we couldn’t see eachother location and we couldn’t share experience. The problem with the new pip system is peoole don’t want to leave when they have pips waiting for them at the end of the five min. The higher your participation the longer you can bleed out pips. Most people will go to spawn to bleed them out. Only a few are curtious to bleed them out in obsidian sanctum

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It’s not a bot. You can simply set a skill to auto-cast. By default it is typically on your weapons #1 skill, but you can apply it to any skill. Saying it is a bot implies a form of hacking or use of third-party software. It isn’t, it is using a game feature.

They are AFKing. There is however currently no rule against using this as a form to stay logged in and people have been using it for years. Especially in pve fights with long windows (i.e. Tequatl the Funless).

AFKing in keeps or on spawn is one of the reasons i agree with having steep Rank requirements, as these kind of people with this kind of behavior will never get to the special cosmetic items at this rate.
If Commanders are selling these ‘participation’ spots or giving it to their friends, it is up to the community itself to sort this out. Don’t follow such Commanders and expose them for their scummy behavior.

Altough typically i think these people just AFK so they don’t have to wait in queue later when they do have time to play.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

It’s not a bot. You can simply set a skill to auto-cast. By default it is typically on your weapons #1 skill, but you can apply it to any skill. Saying it is a bot implies a form of hacking or use of third-party software. It isn’t, it is using a game feature.

They are AFKing. There is however currently no rule against using this as a form to stay logged in and people have been using it for years. Especially in pve fights with long windows (i.e. Tequatl the Funless).

AFKing in keeps or on spawn is one of the reasons i agree with having steep Rank requirements, as these kind of people with this kind of behavior will never get to the special cosmetic items at this rate.
If Commanders are selling these ‘participation’ spots or giving it to their friends, it is up to the community itself to sort this out. Don’t follow such Commanders and expose them for their scummy behavior.

Altough typically i think these people just AFK so they don’t have to wait in queue later when they do have time to play.

Thank you for the lesson. Perhaps I should have clarified my post a bit more before your post.

These people are using macros to do their auto-log prevention, not just a skill spam. They are making the same movements along with skill spam in a pattern that indicates it. From what I understand, and I’m sure you’ll correct me, but macro’ing isn’t allowed and is what I thought was included as “botting”.

Also, last time I checked, just putting a skill on a auto-cast is not enough to prevent you from auto-logging. Granted that was a very long time ago since I had tried it.

Regardless, this shouldn’t be allowable in WvW.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

We just hit a new all time low.

Oh cmon now. A true WvWer would invade that commander’s map and leave him without, um, clients.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yes, participation do decay but it takes time. What some people do is after they did their WvW, they leave their toons at some place and preferably at outman map, they then use auto clicker to click a specific skill to cheat the system that they are not afk. The idea is to take full advantage of the participation even if it don’t last forever.

Pretty much show how inconsiderate some people are, it kinda explains why some WvWers have such intense reactions to many.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

What harm am I doing if I am running down my participation in an outnumbered map? Not even botting or autocasting just moving every few minutes.

Maybe you should blame anet for such a clunky pip/participation/track.

Yep I’ve seen it in prime time and it sucks, ive also seen opposing faction spies drain keeps of siege before attack and pull levers.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

What harm am I doing if I am running down my participation in an outnumbered map? Not even botting or autocasting just moving every few minutes.

Yep I’ve seen it in prime time and it sucks, ive also seen opposing faction spies drain keeps of siege before attack and pull levers.

The harm involve artificially boosting the server population status since population algorithm calculate by your WvW hours. Boosting the server population means increase the size which increase the transfer cost, then making it full and thus no people can transfer in or new players can join in. Finally, the WvWers will then get outman at all timezones.

Just because anet is responsible for this design, it doesn’t means the actions aren’t inconsiderate. Justifying inconsiderate behaviors is just another selfish act.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: fost.9167

fost.9167

You’re saying I am inconsiderate for running down participation for a few minutes?

That is like saying that I am causing the same harm by boosting stats by taking a dump during the game and afk’ing. I guess that is inconsiderate as well?

I think you overstate the impact, but I am only guessing as I do not have insider knowledge of how anet calculate that. I guess you do

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Klypto.1703

Klypto.1703

People who are taking short breaks do not want to have to wait in queue while half of their guild is stuck waiting. This isn’t botting plus the only botting that really has ever existed is the treb smc bots and the thief bots that teleport through everything destroying siege. Although neither of these forms of botting are ever receiving any type of punishment for doing so in wvw. So I highly doubt that even if players could bot for rewards don’t expect anything to be done about it.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

There was a player named Livid?(will not reveal his full name out respect for privacy), he is infamous in WvW (JQ) in recent weeks because of two things:
1. He intentionally wasting keep’s supply on rams in the lord’s room.
2. He trash talks on team channel, dissing JQ commanders and JQ guilds.
So, these try hard cheaptards do exist in WvW, and yes, they also take up space while doing all the negative things that dangers a healthy gaming community. I hope GMs and Admins become more vigilant, so good players wouldn’t leave the game for the causes we mentioned above.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

The harm involve artificially boosting the server population status since population algorithm calculate by your WvW hours. Boosting the server population means increase the size which increase the transfer cost, then making it full and thus no people can transfer in or new players can join in. Finally, the WvWers will then get outman at all timezones.

Just because anet is responsible for this design, it doesn’t means the actions aren’t inconsiderate. Justifying inconsiderate behaviors is just another selfish act.

If the time it takes for the PIP count to go down on the PvE’ers testing to see if they like WvW with the current changes who didn’t play for long is enough for the WvW algorithm to kick in, then the algorithm needs adjusting.

The ones that spend the most time waiting for their PIP’s to go down or taking a break are the ones who just spent hours playing WvW and are the exact ones that the algorithm should be calculating.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

There was a player named Livid?(will not reveal his full name out respect for privacy), he is infamous in WvW (JQ) in recent weeks because of two things:
1. He intentionally wasting keep’s supply on rams in the lord’s room.
2. He trash talks on team channel, dissing JQ commanders and JQ guilds.
So, these try hard cheaptards do exist in WvW, and yes, they also take up space while doing all the negative things that dangers a healthy gaming community. I hope GMs and Admins become more vigilant, so good players wouldn’t leave the game for the causes we mentioned above.

I find a lot of JQ roamers fit his persona as per your description

/joking

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

You’re saying I am inconsiderate for running down participation for a few minutes?

That is like saying that I am causing the same harm by boosting stats by taking a dump during the game and afk’ing. I guess that is inconsiderate as well?

I think you overstate the impact, but I am only guessing as I do not have insider knowledge of how anet calculate that. I guess you do

Participation don’t go down in a few minutes, good try. Also, regardless of how insignificant the impact is, inconsiderate is inconsiderate. Btw, that so-called insignificant impact is significant in masses.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

If the time it takes for the PIP count to go down on the PvE’ers testing to see if they like WvW with the current changes who didn’t play for long is enough for the WvW algorithm to kick in, then the algorithm needs adjusting.

The ones that spend the most time waiting for their PIP’s to go down or taking a break are the ones who just spent hours playing WvW and are the exact ones that the algorithm should be calculating.

It don’t matter. There are many ways to be afking somewhere and asking dev to create a advanced AI level kind of algorithm that you will only see in scientific industry to determine afker from non-afkers with the many ways of afking is unrealistic. People need to be considerate, endorsing these behaviors are silly.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

So, I’m on a server that’s usually on T1 or T2 and have noticed a trend lately. People staying at the spawn and botting, so they don’t get autologged. You can tell because they have a skill that stays on CD.

Just fair warning. I’m reporting you for botting if I see you do it. Sucks that I have to wait in que enough. Why should you hold your place while everyone else logs off when they leave?

No less than 10 at spawn in any map at almost any time.

This is botting.

If Anet tells us it doesn’t affect our scaling, great, but until then, this is just morale breaking at times.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

Most people will go to spawn to bleed them out. Only a few are curtious to bleed them out in obsidian sanctum

You can earn pips in obsidian sanctum? I mean, if that’s the case and it’s really bothering you them being there then letting them know that (preferably in a courteous and non-judgmental way) could be a thing you could try.

Personally I keep forgetting that place exists, never mind what can and can’t be earned there compared with normal WvW or EotM.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

Not botting. A lot of WvW players take short breaks and stick coins between keys to avoid getting booted while making a sammich, bio etc.

Just an observation over the years.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Not botting. A lot of WvW players take short breaks and stick coins between keys to avoid getting booted while making a sammich, bio etc.

It’s botting when they stand there for more than 10 minutes.

And many are.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Being afk is not botting. It do not involve any macro, third-party programs, auto-clickers, ectra.

Here is the details:
After 15m a client get kicked out of wvw. It is speculated that you can extend the timer by some extents by either auto-running (toggleable movement, see shortcuts in game) or auto-skill (right-click a utility skill). If those work, and how much they extend the inactivity timer is unknown, through its mostly just theoretical since you don’t need it. In order to keep max rewards you still need to refresh participation every 10m, and that will automatically reset the inactivity timer.

So if you are playing a second game where each match takes about 10m, or watch a TV show, go and kill a NPC, cap a camp, or take a sentry every 10m mark. Rinse and repeat. Nice as a break when the commander tags down and you want a break from the game.

On a ethical level, don’t do this on full maps and do join the active play when a commanders logs on and either need help defending or mustering up a force for an attack. Pip farmers are a great resource to use in an emergency when they could just as easily been logged off and not in game.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It don’t matter. There are many ways to be afking somewhere and asking dev to create a advanced AI level kind of algorithm that you will only see in scientific industry to determine afker from non-afkers with the many ways of afking is unrealistic. People need to be considerate, endorsing these behaviors are silly.

But to convince people that they shouldn’t, you should use valid reasons.

If they’re just going to be like 10-15 minutes Max, then I’d be fine with asking at spawn. But given the queues, they can leave WvW and put themselves back into queue if they are going to be longer.

I never said I condoned long term afking to avoid having to queue up again for WvW.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

It’s botting when they stand there for more than 10 minutes.

And many are.

Have you ever ( R ) clicked on your heal skill to auto cast it? And auto run into a corner?

Try it. See how long you stay in WvW without being kicked.

That’s not botting.

It IS annoying, and I would like to see participation drop faster.

Botting in WvW? Wow.

in WvW

SkyShroud.2865

But to convince people that they shouldn’t, you should use valid reasons.

If they’re just going to be like 10-15 minutes Max, then I’d be fine with asking at spawn. But given the queues, they can leave WvW and put themselves back into queue if they are going to be longer.

I never said I condoned long term afking to avoid having to queue up again for WvW.

The reasons are given but as your previous post, you expect anet to come up with a scientific industry level AI to calculate populations excluding intentional afkers (that running some kind of auto clickers to bypass the afk kicking logic or some inconsiderate dude playing their handphone and pressing “w” once a few minutes).

Furthermore, as my reply to the other dude, afkers can come in masses not as one single individual. 10-15 minutes is a long time, long enough to accumulate masses of afkers.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com