Brainstorming WvW Suggestions

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

The most helpful criticism is, often, constructive criticism. For that reason I decided to do some thinking about what kind of gameplay content makes sense for WvW. This thread is for commentary and for anyone else to make suggestions for what kinds of things they would like to see implemented. This is not a thread for bug fixes or for changes to existing content. There are plenty of feedback threads related to problems with WvW design generally, balance, and glaring problems such that it is inevitable that those concerns will at least be looked at in the near future™.

My proposal relates to the concept of borderlands generally. In some respects the borderlands are designed to give a lot of advantages to the “home” team by placing them nearest to the largest and most connected fortress. I like the contrast between the Eternal Battlegrounds that treats everyone the same and is a very open world king of the hill battle and a contest in a borderland where I feel the “home” team should be structurally advantaged—given that each gets their own borderland.

My proposal is a new map designed as follows:

The map should consist of six towers and two keeps—major and minor. The major keep is closer to the spawn point of the “defending team” and the minor keep is close to both spawn points of the “attacking teams.” Both keeps are only accessible via the rear gate found in each of the associated three towers—you need to break into a tower in order to access the keep. It only takes one tower to be able to attack the keep. All the towers lead to a different gate or wall section of the keep, but all parts of the keep are accessible once a tower has been taken. Taking a keep is required to attack the other towers and keep. Access to the open center area, where you can attack two of the three towers, is available through a drop-ship mechanic. The waypoint mechanic whereby a waypoint is only accessible to the team whose base is nearest remains. Waypoints are available in keeps.

This proposal attempts to force the attacking teams into a contest and opens up new opportunities for large scale group combat in the wasteland between keeps.

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Unfortunately, it’s been shown time and time again that there is 1. no such thing as wvw devs and 2. even when they bring something in, they don’t listen to feedback or change anything (the Detested BL’s being a case in point).

Spare your fingers.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

This thread is for commentary and for anyone else to make suggestions for what kinds of things they would like to see implemented. This is not a thread for bug fixes or for " changes " to existing content.

My proposal relates to the concept of borderlands generally.

the title is misleading so is the content, better edit it fast or you know what to do….

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness