Break Up the Distribution of Claim Tickets

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I think it would be a good idea to award the claim tickets at the end of each reward chest interval rather then at the end of a reward tier.

So for example you’re on diamond chest and the reward for the end of the tier is 40 wvw claim tickets. Instead break the 40 claim tickets up into each reward chest (6 in total for that tier). So each reward chest would award 6 or 7 claim tickets over the coarse of 6 diamond chests.

This way nobody gets shafted at the end of the week (they get some claim tickets that they earned) when it resets.

The way it is now someone might be 30-40 pips away from the end tier chest and then the system resets for the week, and they get 0 claim tickets for that tier, seems a little harsh.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Yah everyone I’ve talked to seems to like this idea, but I guess they would rather complain that pvers and myself are entitled for some reason on my other post, rather then talk about something constructive.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I agree with that suggestion.
It’d incitate players to “stay till the end”.

Right now, I’m 90% sure I won’t be able to make it to the end of my last chest, and the associated tickets. This week was terrible, and we’re going to lose the matchup, we’ve been rolled over the whole time… Knowing that I can play on reset day and get some tickets would incitate me to stay a little more for that specific reward. Otherwise, I could just go do something else, wait for reset, and come back.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

As someone on 5 out 6 on diamond now… Well that’s time down the drain if I dont finish it in the next 7h. Granted I will undoubtedly do it, but still if I had been a couple chests lower that’s a fair bit of time required. I’m not one to play hours on end with no breaks nor do I want to AFK in WvW. I play WvW for fun, not the grind. I would rather see a smaller reward every chest. At least that will solve this particular gripe.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Don’t see anything wrong with this idea. It would be nice to be on the safe side.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

For me it’s a big problem that all the tickets are in the last chest.
Playing several sessions a week, and only able to get close to (not guaranteed to finish) the second chest, means I have to almost quit my job if I want to get more than 10 tickets a week. If I can just get 5 more tickets from the attempt of the second I can at least get somewhere….

How do people do it.. you have to play 2 hours before you start earning pips, and then it takes ages to get somewhere once you start earning pips

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Playing several sessions a week, and only able to get close to (not guaranteed to finish) the second chest, means I have to almost quit my job if I want to get more than 10 tickets a week. If I can just get 5 more tickets from the attempt of the second I can at least get somewhere….

How do people do it.. you have to play 2 hours before you start earning pips, and then it takes ages to get somewhere once you start earning pips

I am on vacation so that’s how I do it but that last part is just ridiculous. You dont have to play for 2 hours before earning pips unless you try to gain them AFKing at spawn on logon. About two camps should be enough for T3, which is done in 10 minutes tops. If there is a zerg on the map you can often just go there and leech whatever they where doing to get T3 within the tick.

in WvW

Posted by: Nana.9512

Nana.9512

I like the idea. It’s more rewarding for your playtime, even if you can’t make it to one of the big chests.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I am on vacation so that’s how I do it but that last part is just ridiculous. You dont have to play for 2 hours before earning pips unless you try to gain them AFKing at spawn on logon. About two camps should be enough for T3, which is done in 10 minutes tops. If there is a zerg on the map you can often just go there and leech whatever they where doing to get T3 within the tick.

Ok I’m confused. People in this thread are complaining about how slow it is to gain tickets by afking at spawn and can get them quicker if they just participate?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Ok I’m confused. People in this thread are complaining about how slow it is to gain tickets by afking at spawn and can get them quicker if they just participate?

… wat?

I was pointing out his claim that it take 2 hours before even starting to earning ticks. What are you reading?

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

… wat?

I was pointing out his claim that it take 2 hours before even starting to earning ticks. What are you reading?

Are we playing the same game?
my problem is that every round takes two hours. Within those two hours you need to reach tier 3 or higher. THEN you need to maintain the tier 3 or higher for the remainder period, and only THEN will ticks start coming in. I could start playing when there’s only 20 minutes left on the counter, but I don’t really have the luxury of deciding when I start playing. The problem is, you don’t start earning ticks until the second skirmish after entering WvW, and sometimes the time left in the first skirmish is all the time I have to play. I can get to tier 3 in 5-10 minutes, that’s no problem, but ticks don’t care, ticks don’t start until you’ve been actively playing during the transition of skirmish 1 to skirmish 2.

How much I AFK or how much I am actively tier 6 won’t change the fact I need to play 1 to 2 hours before I can start earning rewards

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

The idea of spreading the tickets out so someone 5/6 to a chest still gets 5 sixths of the tickets is superb.

Plus one from me.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

… wat?

my problem is that every round takes two hours. Within those two hours you need to reach tier 3 or higher. THEN you need to maintain the tier 3 or higher for the remainder period, and only THEN will ticks start coming in. I could start playing when there’s only 20 minutes left on the counter, but I don’t really have the luxury of deciding when I start playing. The problem is, you don’t start earning ticks until the second skirmish after entering WvW, and sometimes the time left in the first skirmish is all the time I have to play. I can get to tier 3 in 5-10 minutes, that’s no problem, but ticks don’t care, ticks don’t start until you’ve been actively playing during the transition of skirmish 1 to skirmish 2.

How much I AFK or how much I am actively tier 6 won’t change the fact I need to play 1 to 2 hours before I can start earning rewards

Uhm, obviously we arent playing the same game since the skirmish is irrelevant to the pip gain. You reach T3 participation and then you get pips (max of what you can get regardless of T3-T6 participation) every 5 minutes. It doesnt matter if its 110 minute left in the skirmish or 10 minutes. You get pips every 5 minutes as long as participation is kept over T3, period.

in WvW

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

… wat?

Uhm, obviously we arent playing the same game since the skirmish is irrelevant to the pip gain. You reach T3 participation and then you get pips (max of what you can get regardless of T3-T6 participation) every 5 minutes. It doesnt matter if its 110 minute left in the skirmish or 10 minutes. You get pips every 5 minutes as long as participation is kept over T3, period.

^

I think maybe the confusion from the previous poster is that at the end of the skirmish it tells you how many pips you earned during that skirmish. However, if you watch the popups and the UI, you can definitely see that once you hit T3 you are earning them every five minutes. It’s quite easy to keep participation up too, so it’s easy to make a little progress even with just a short amount of time.

I do agree that it would be nice to get tickets at the end of each round of the current chest rather than not until the very end.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

well I really hope they change this, I would imagine there will be quite a few players upset tonight at reset who just miss that reward tier by a couple of pips.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I like the idea. Makes perfect sense.

To others talking about pip gain, it only takes a couple of camps flipped to start getting pips, and I got to the platinum chest last night (Thursday night) and I’ve only been playing since Tuesday this week and only solo roaming at that. The system heavily rewards people who play off peak, which I do mostly.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

the other way is just don’t reset back to wood until you reach diamond the first time. Caveat is chest rank reset is once per week.

This way everyone gets to diamond eventually and the insane don’t reset back to wood multiple times per week for extra tickets(cap limit remains).

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Jumpin, this is about the only thing I’ve agreed with you on all week.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

+1. Please distribute the tickets across the chests earned during skirmishes. Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

+1 I like this idea!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

The distribution needs to be in addition to the 175 from PIP’s. Or 10 tickets per repeated diamond completion. I would like this in addition to all the ideas you mentioned.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Would be nice if Anet could weight in on this as it seems to be unanimously approved.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

The distribution needs to be in addition to the 175 from PIP’s. Or 10 tickets per repeated diamond completion. I would like this in addition to all the ideas you mentioned.

I understand the request, but having it gated at 175 is fine to me.

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’ve been suggestng this pretty much since the system was introduced and we were able to see how it actually worked. I can understand a reason to want to weight the final chest more heavily, but you should be able to get something from the lesser chests as well.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

but you should be able to get something from the lesser chests as well.

lololol .. welcome to WvW

in WvW

Jayne.9251

… wat?

I was trying to be subtle about “cheats” .. I failed

in WvW

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

but you should be able to get something from the lesser chests as well.

lololol .. welcome to WvW

Is that a ‘WvW rewards suck’ crack?

In this case, they’ve copied the system over from ranked sPvP, where backloading the most important reward makes sense – it encourages people to want to complete a track, and since seasons last for eight weeks, there’s plenty of time to do so. For the WvW tracks, though, it basically becomes ‘If I don’t think it’s practical to get to the end of the current tier, there’s no point playing at all’, at least if you’re looking for tickets (and really, those are the drawcards – the other rewards are mostly pretty meh). That doesn’t seem to be to be the best incentive, and it seems that other people in this thread agree.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.