Breakbar for (WvW-)Player

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

CC in WvW is really out of control at moment, neither stability nor stun-breaker nor condition-removal can counter it in zerg-fights anymore as the number or AoE-CC increases from week to week.

As a result of this CC increase more and more PvE-mobs get a breakbar instead of just imunity to CC.

How about adding such a breakbar (as replacement for stability) to players as well?

• the capacity of the breakbar depend on a primary attribute
  • there are skills to refill it (a bit)
  • it scales with the number of player in the surrounding (such that 1vs1 breakbars are sĂȘasier to break than 50vs50 breakbars)
  • ….
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Terrible idea. The game needs (slightly) less CC, not more passive immunities, which allows you to ignore important enemy attacks.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Or they could buff stability in WvW and nerf chill skills a bit.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Or they could, you know, revert it back to when WvW was fun and playable, before the stab nerf from last spring.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

It’s been a year. I’d say i’m for a revert of stability. Hammer train was more fun than pirate ship.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

They have no plan, wait for the next mmo.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You don’t need something so extreme.

Just put a limit on how many stability stacks can be removed within a timeframe. eg 1 per 0.5 sec.

Alternatively, increase the amount of stability stacks from skills.

Or make it so that stability stacks in duration.

Or stunbreaks should make you immune to CC for a second. Right now, you can break a stun and just be locked anyways.

CC will still be deadly with any of these, just not give a disproportionate bias towards certain abilities cough static cough gravity cough.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

How extreme it is (i.e. how many CCs it absorps before it breaks) isn’t said.

What I do not like on the old stability that it is very very different per class.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: A State of Trance.3675

A State of Trance.3675

garbage WvW is garbage.

CC is completely out of control and unfun. Biggest blob wins, if your side has smaller blob then logout and do something more fun, like the washing up or laundry.

I just cba with it anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Or they could buff stability in WvW and nerf chill skills a kitten

ills aren’t the only skills that can immo. Looking at a fight log just recently, its all about what they used, they used everything from entangling vines, to skills that I’m not sure what class used. I know that they weren’t Elementalist nor Necro/Reaper. Even my stability was ripped off in a matter of 2 seconds when they dropped their initial bomb.

For the original poster, a counter to this, is baiting the bomb. Let them throw out all their high damage and CC skills, most people do that out right on the first push without any planning. Once they down you at least have from 10 to 60 seconds to push again before they back off cooldown. I know, not a lot of time, but you can push and wipe many of them then at least that was the case in some blob v. blob fights I’ve done.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I know but chill tends to be the most spammable on necros ( Chilblains, Chilling Scythe on GS auto 3). It is also more dangerous since your skills get longer cooldowns.

Dragonhunter / Guardian Longbow is also pretty broken with the cripple spam & Hunter’s Ward. They also have an insane amount of knockback.

Immobilize seems to be the least common among CC ; dagger eles spamming magnetic grasp isn’t really a thing.

KD/Launch/Stun/Daze/etc are less ridiculous than the amount of chills.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

This is interesting and if the game had not come out yet (and anet decided to separate the game modes skills) there is a chance this would have been enacted. As it stands now though there is a strong chance this will not be considered due to the amount of energy required to build it (and once again, if anet did not throw all the skills into one giant cesspool).

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE