Breaking into NA T1

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Dweasel.3950

Dweasel.3950

Yak’s Bend has moved up the rankings to 4th place, but they’re still almost 200 rating points below the T1 servers. Does anyone know how high their rating would have to be to have a decent chance of playing in T1?

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’d say a much better chance when they are within 100 or so of 3rd place. With RNG, anything is possible.

The better question is whether Yak’s Bend will stay together long enough to see T1. They had a ton of people migrate to that server. In every other case that I can remember, those types of servers end up falling apart once the server hits its peak. In other words, if Yak’s doesn’t get a shot at T1 soon, people still start to get bored with the lack of competition and will go elsewhere.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Yak’s Bend is 300 points away from 3rd spot, 50 points away from 5th spot. When Yak’s Bend can get a 300 lead on everyone on T2 than we shall consider it, but until then, it’d just get stomped out of T1 so fast. Not worth making a bad T1 matchup by removing one of the T1 and putting in a T2 world that’s still in close competition with another T2 world. The T1 world that would goto T2 would stomp the heck out of any T2 world right now.

SoS has been in T1 and know what’s like, I have faith that they’d do much better in T1 than compared to Yak’s Bend.

Also, you have to wait for BlackGate to lose interest in T1, its obvious Jade Quarry remains in T1 and that Tarnished Coast is the newest into T1 and that it’s BG turn to leave T1 and let another server have there chance at fighting an elite server like Jade Quarry.

Havent you seen the pattern? JQ, SoS, SoR. SoS leaves, another server enters (think it was BG), SoR leaves another server enters (believe it was TC), now its BG turn to leave, perhaps SoS will come into T1 and break the cycle, I know that if Yak’s Bend was to enter T1 it wouldn’t break the cycle at all, if anything after time passes by they’d find themselves into the similar predicament that BG is going to face soon enough.

Just join Jade Quarry if you want T1 fights. Simple as that.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Havent you seen the pattern? JQ, SoS, SoR. SoS leaves, another server enters (think it was BG), SoR leaves another server enters (believe it was TC), now its BG turn to leave, perhaps SoS will come into T1 and break the cycle, I know that if Yak’s Bend was to enter T1 it wouldn’t break the cycle at all, if anything after time passes by they’d find themselves into the similar predicament that BG is going to face soon enough.

unrelated but awesome … Speaking of patterns. SoS only server that ever ‘crashed’ all the way to T4 and rebuilt to stable T2… rest ET/HoD/SBI/SoR etc all collapsed and were never the same.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I think the answer was, get within about 100 rating points and hope for RNG.

Once you rng into T1 you have a lot more available rating to gain.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

Even when SoS was within the 100 RNG for at least a month (if not more) they still never got a RNG roll

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

[I have no business posting about a game I no longer play, but I can easily help those who remain].
Does this mean the posters are unaware of what BG is doing to help JQ right now? Its simple to connect and ask what a community wants lol. T1 want better population balance with the current servers. Its similar with T2, they want better population balance and good fights. Yak’s Bend doesn’t belong in T1 [they will never win a match in T1 without T1 players]. Much of the T1 leadership are former T1 players from other servers that dropped out[SoS & SoR]. Maybe too many left the game to know this?

Side Note: T2 should connect with the T1 community to accomplish mutual goals of population balance…and prevent unwanted outcomes.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

problematic.9623

unrelated but awesome … Speaking of patterns. SoS only server that ever ‘crashed’ all the way to T4 and rebuilt to stable T2… rest ET/HoD/SBI/SoR etc all collapsed and were never the same.

And have the right to remind people of the accomplishment. Everyone believed it couldn’t be done.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

(edited by problematic.9623)

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

No server in the history of this game has become a T1 server without a T1 server imploding and players on that server transferring to the T1.5 server. You might end up rolling a match a few times with a T1 server and gain some more rating, but T1 matches and T1 populations are not the same thing. Yaks Bend will never have a T1 population without that mass transfer of T1 players leaving a dying server, especially with T2’s NA population able to keep YB in check during NA.

If you want T1, your only choices are to try to remain T1.5 and wait for a T1 implosion (could be a long time), or why wait? Transfer to T1 today.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Your knowledge of history is incomplete.

Both ET and HoD were once tier 1 servers. They were great rivals. Although it’s unlikely that there’s many players left on those servers now who were there in the beginning.

HoD bandwagon didn’t happen until almost two years later, and that was just a season two thing. No one had any illusions about HoD becoming tier 1.

ET has been bottom for almost the entire history of the game, since the long fall from T1. They have recently gained a lot of players, but they won’t get anywhere near T1. HoD and ET are actually fighting each other again now, which is amusing. They have a few good guilds and an NC who loves to golem train, but they don’t have the numbers (yet) for anything close to T1.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

As far as I’m aware, none of the T1 servers have any particular interest in getting Yak’s Bend up. As long as that remains true they’ll probably stay in T2.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Chaba has it right. Unless someone implodes, YB will not move up. Glicko is a harsh mistress.

Also, really, BG is not imploding, guys >_<

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

something I’ve noticed is any T1 server can win a week at will AT WILL! it just depends on which one is feeling frisky that week.

they all seem to love/hate each other I guess, which makes mapchat and TS so much more enjoyable cause it is fun no matter what happens (I smile and laugh a lot more on BG than my old server)

and since people jump ship or stack a server from the bottom the whole “server rivalry” doesn’t exist cause the people are just enjoying the roflstomp on the way to the plateau then it gets too tough and people switch again and again.

so jump ship and get into kitten save ya some grief in the future

Sincerly, Me.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

YB would have to constantly INCREASE it’s score differential each week in order to get enough glicko to have a chance to be in a match with T1.

It’s more likely that YB will reach a glicko plateau and never get within range of T1

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

YB’s only shot at T1 would be if/when Dragonbrand returns to T2 they roll over and do everything YB wants them to do. While I do not presume to know what folks on another server are thinking; I imagine that line of thinking is not on their list of things they want to do in T2.

YB will have to wait for the next Season Tournament to see how they stack with the big boys in T1 (it won’t be pretty).

YB has a lot to recommend itself as a potential T1 server, but the fact is that it’s only at #4 due to a couple of large guilds that transferred down from kitten hit doors in quiet hours. Without those groups, it would be a pretty balanced matchup with maybe a slight edge to SoS due to a recovering OCX presence.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Coming from YB, I don’t take any t1 talk seriously because of all the things mentioned above. No one person speaks for a server of course, but I don’t think many others on YB take that talk seriously either.

Besides, I am having fun in the current tier when I do have a chance to play (darn work always getting in the way). Why ruin a good thing while it lasts? These matches and t3/t4 pre-tourney 3 are the most fun I have had in wvw.

Caveat: did not wvw much at all for the first 6 months of the game – those could have been the good old days for others, but not me.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

YB is in such a comfortable place right now winning every week easily, why would they ever want to move up to T1? Besides, most of their transfer guilds to YB are there for the fact that they don’t want to be in T1, so if YB moves to T1 those guilds are likely to leave anyway.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Your knowledge of history is incomplete.

Both ET and HoD were once tier 1 servers. They were great rivals. Although it’s unlikely that there’s many players left on those servers now who were there in the beginning.

HoD bandwagon didn’t happen until almost two years later, and that was just a season two thing. No one had any illusions about HoD becoming tier 1.

ET has been bottom for almost the entire history of the game, since the long fall from T1. They have recently gained a lot of players, but they won’t get anywhere near T1. HoD and ET are actually fighting each other again now, which is amusing. They have a few good guilds and an NC who loves to golem train, but they don’t have the numbers (yet) for anything close to T1.

ET and HoD probably started in T1 and got whooped and made there way all the way down to where they should be, lowest tiered.

Jade Quarry, might not have been T1 at the time, because it wasn’t set as T1 on launch day, but in all facts aside, it was a T1 server from the get go.
Jade Quarry has remained in T1 so long, its not possible for it to goto those lower tiers due to playing with the best and being the best for such a long time, that playing with weak servers like HoD and ET doesn’t even fade it.
Jade Quarry is like ‘Merica’, might not have been T1, but once it became T1, nothing able to stop it. Those other servers, ET (Cuba), HoD (Bahama), wouldn’t even stand a chance against Jade Quarry, even in there time in T1 (ET and HoD, set as T1 material, but wasn’t T1 material unlike Jade Quarry).

Sooooo many, naysayers about Jade Quarry, yet here we are…. STILL T1, STILL #1. Keep on naysaying, I’ll let facts speak for itself about how great Jade Quarry is.

Those people who just want to play T1 type WvW, those other servers will come and go, however Jade Quarry is the constant in T1, its here to stay. Best to join Jade Quarry if all you like to do is play T1 WvW.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: SteeK.1427

SteeK.1427

You know nothing John Snow!

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

And have the right to remind people of the accomplishment. Everyone believed it couldn’t be done.

Been done by 2-3 EU servers, more then once. Desolation has crashed 3-4 tiers on 3 occasions and crawled back up. So SoS id nothing special in this sense.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Who cares what happens in NA it’s all dead.

Yak’s Bend.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Top 6 servers have maps with queues regularly and often have all maps queued. So your either trolling to start trouble, or posting about matters you do not know about.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Top 6 servers have maps with queues regularly and often have all maps queued. So your either trolling to start trouble, or posting about matters you do not know about.

JQ gets all maps queued? Cause BG doesn’t, even on reset nights

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Lol, no, we queue 1 map most nights and EB + JQBL on resets. Just ask the few BG who are now on JQ, they’ll sort out that crap if you don’t believe me

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

I laughed! BG only queue all maps on reset nights, and just for a couple hours. After that, we are lucky if we can queue EB.

[HUE]

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Yak’s Bend.

He’s so right lmao. Ppt means everything to yaks bend.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Yak’s Bend has moved up the rankings to 4th place, but they’re still almost 200 rating points below the T1 servers. Does anyone know how high their rating would have to be to have a decent chance of playing in T1?

I don’t think we are ready for T1 yet, so hold off your horses lol
We’ll get smashed over there.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Yak’s Bend.

He’s so right lmao. Ppt means everything to yaks bend.

That probably won’t help YB when things change to PPK then.

-KNT- BG

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Neither does TC. I wonder why BG needed to send people over to JQ to keep them in T1 given that JQ has so many queues.

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Neither does TC. I wonder why BG needed to send people over to JQ to keep them in T1 given that JQ has so many queues.

They lack experienced commanders in the EU and NA time slot, not lack of players. Given the pug heavy nature of JQ, it’s really hard to get anything done without a strong guiding hand.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

There is a lot of churn in the guilds in T1. One thing will probably remain constant regardless of which servers are T1 – your game will need to be pretty good. You will need everyone in comms and on tag.

For the Toast!

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

YB is in such a comfortable place right now winning every week easily, why would they ever want to move up to T1? Besides, most of their transfer guilds to YB are there for the fact that they don’t want to be in T1, so if YB moves to T1 those guilds are likely to leave anyway.

I would just say, T1 fights can be really fun. You have very skilled commanders going at each other, you learn so much about playing your class. It is just very interesting.

For the Toast!

Breaking into NA T1

in WvW

problematic.9623

Sometimes in our lives
We all have pain
We all have sorrow

But if we are wise
We know that there’s
Always tomorrow

Lean on me, when you’re not strong