Bring back bannering the Lord, except...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

… like this:

• Lord goes down into downed state with downed health.
  • He can’t be stomped.
  • If he loses all downed health he dies so that only a hard res gets him back up.
  • Each time he’s bannered and goes down, it’s with less downed health.
  • This is more or less exactly how it works with players so I’m guessing it should be doable with minimal dev effort.
  • Bonus feature: all professions should be able to get him up using their “banner” skill (previously, mesmer’s skill, for example, didn’t work).

Lords room fights with (non-infinte) bannering were often fun and exciting. Why nerf into oblivion?

Oh, and get rid of siege disablers, but that’s a story for another thread.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I am all for this idea but Anet wants to make a big ktrain fest out of wvw with this change and siege disablers.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Omega Mccoy.4237

Omega Mccoy.4237

Excellent idea… though for siege disablers I would rather put a diminishing return, like can’t disable the same siege for 1 minute or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

… like this:

• Lord goes down into downed state with downed health.
  • He can’t be stomped.
  • If he loses all downed health he dies so that only a hard res gets him back up.
  • Each time he’s bannered and goes down, it’s with less downed health.
  • This is more or less exactly how it works with players so I’m guessing it should be doable with minimal dev effort.
  • Bonus feature: all professions should be able to get him up using their “banner” skill (previously, mesmer’s skill, for example, didn’t work).

Lords room fights with (non-infinte) bannering were often fun and exciting. Why nerf into oblivion?

Oh, and get rid of siege disablers, but that’s a story for another thread.

The bannering of the lord was annoying. I mean one warrior could run in and banner the lord (sacrifice res) and this fight continues on. It was annoying and not realistic. it was a bag farm. That was the reason to get rid of it. You didn’t need to have 2 groups fighting, just have one warrior run in – res and just when the Lord is down again – res again. This made the WvW more of a karma train because the groups didn’t really have to fight each other.

What it means now is that you HAVE to guard and upgrade your keeps. This makes the battles more intense and fun. I guess we have different ideas of fun – yes, the siege disablers are annoying but both sides can use them (so it is a moot point – gives time to get defenders together).

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

I am all for this idea but Anet wants to make a big ktrain fest out of wvw with this change and siege disablers.

Bannering the lord fix and the new sige disabler traps are a first step to counter the Ktrain. Now people have to actively defend instead of trowing warriors inside the circle.

Your lord is dead ? next time try to defend him before the enemy zerg kills it.

The enemy used a siege disabler ? you can always build those cata somewhere far instead of 10 cm from the walls

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There was only one thing wrong with bannering… it reset the circle which could make fights go on a ridiculously long time. If the circle timer wasn’t reset, the banner is appropriately powerful.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

No

/15 Char

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

This just isn’t worth it. I’m certain a warrior can survive a zerg and keep re-bannering until reinforcements arrive. It’s a roamer/havoc specialty, yes, but consider how much can be accomplished by one warrior against an opposing force, with little to no risk.

If people still want to contest keeps and buy time for allies, it can be done by roamers. It’s much more difficult to survive within a zerg than go kamikaze banner.

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

extended use of all that bannering also created tons of skill lag in and around the castle. the game is much better off without it happening. I do miss the massive amount of loot bags tho.