Bring back pvp badges in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Olympia.5697

Olympia.5697

Suddently with the latest patch i noticed my pvp league badge was gone inside WvW maps ! same with the other players ! although i understand the reason behind this decision i must say it is completely unfair !

I have put many hours in pvp this season just to have my badge next to my name ! needless to say i have my pvp leggendary backpiece since season 2, so thats the only and the single reason i participated on ranked pvp this season ! i do not play pve much. put wvw is where i spend most of my time after i obtained my leggy badge !

Please bring back pvp badges in WvW or at least make a option for players to be visible inside WvW maps or this is the last season i even bother to play ranked pvp.

I beleive many other players feel the same as me and that change may only do damage in ranked participation and its going to die really fast when everybody get their pvp backpiece !

in WvW

Posted by: ImperialWL.7138

ImperialWL.7138

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/PvP-badges-gone-in-WvW/page/2#post6203025

I already made a thread about it, because I feel just as strongly as you and many other WvW players. Cannot stress enough how depressing this feels, to have worked so hard for a reward only for it to be taken away with no prior notice or warning.

Many players got their legendary backpiece a long time ago and already PvP population is low, to drive away the WvW playerbase as well only hammers home the nail on the coffin.

Please, consider adding an option to toggle badges on and off. You added an option to move the compact inventory button after one innocuous comment by a twitch streamer, so you can definitely do the same here for us.

(edited by ImperialWL.7138)

in WvW

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

They were an eyesore and it is good they are gone.

in WvW

Posted by: Nonvo.3429

Nonvo.3429

you play spvp for wvw, add badges for wvw instead

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

It was nice to see if your ‘zerg’ had legendary players in it or not. The better the zerg the more legendaries there were in general lol.

They should make it an option to turn off/on rather than just turn everything off. Even with other visual clutter you get options to turn off/on so why not this.

While they’re at it, I want a WvW badge in PvE/PvP thx

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: kraftie.4765

kraftie.4765

It was nice to see if your ‘zerg’ had legendary players in it or not. The better the zerg the more legendaries there were in general lol.

They should make it an option to turn off/on rather than just turn everything off. Even with other visual clutter you get options to turn off/on so why not this.

+1

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Olympia.5697

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/PvP-badges-gone-in-WvW/page/2#post6203025

I already made a thread about it, because I feel just as strongly as you and many other WvW players. Cannot stress enough how depressing this feels, to have worked so hard for a reward only for it to be taken away with no prior notice or warning.

Many players got their legendary backpiece a long time ago and already PvP population is low, to drive away the WvW playerbase as well only hammers home the nail on the coffin.

Please, consider adding an option to toggle badges on and off. You added an option to move the compact inventory button after one innocuous comment by a twitch streamer, so you can definitely do the same here for us.

I couldn’t agree more with you ! i read your thread and the reply from the dev, i must say that’s the most ridiculous excuse about the graphical cluster thingy since gw2 runs pretty easy even on the oldest machines out there. My computer runs a 2010 generation i5 cpu and an HD 6870 radeon gpu with 1080p resolution ! in wvw i have a constant 60 fps and barely under 45 fps on blob fights in WvW. I am making the point that those pvp badges doesn’t affect the performance in the slightest of meanings.

I also bet that people who really wants those badges removed from WvW are those people who are annoyed that they can’t have the top pvp badge next to their names simply because they are not committed enough to play ranked pvp or don’t have the skill and potential to improve themselves.. i know its salty, but trust me i know enough people in wvw community to make that conclusion safely.

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

A WvW badge in WvW would be enough to make me happy.

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I disagree with OP they are relevant in spvp only and were an eyesore in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

this.
Another thread already has this too.

PvP league badges mean jack in wvw, amber or legendary, doesnt mean the player is skilled, fact ive noticed (with my thieves guild especially) makes you more of a target.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Olympia.5697

PvP league badges mean jack in wvw, amber or legendary, doesnt mean the player is skilled…

Doesn’t mean the player is skilled ? have you ever even played ranked ? if yes how far did you get (division) ? please don’t make silly comments like that..

in WvW

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Please bring back pvp badges in WvW

It is good that they are gone. They should also be removed on PvE maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

PvP league badges mean jack in wvw, amber or legendary, doesnt mean the player is skilled…

Doesn’t mean the player is skilled ? have you ever even played ranked ? if yes how far did you get (division) ? please don’t make silly comments like that..

1. killed plenty of them running around with that backpiece, more skill? not.
2. do u click on enemy tag to see what rank they are before u attack ? not.
3. whats a few high rank players going to do against a guild group running with rune of durabilty? thats right nothing except running away.

in WvW

Posted by: mavric.7051

mavric.7051

Bring back pvp badges in WvW.

Thanks.

in WvW

shrek.1046

Bring back pvp badges in WvW.

Thanks.

No

Yours sincerely,

dev team and other players

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Boy, that’s funny and completely untrue. Every good WvW guild I know of hardly does PvP at all. Sure, there’ll be a few guys who are into pvp, but generally, nope.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

fishball.7204

And I’ve seen plenty of good WvW guilds with players in sPvP so what’s your point?

I’ve seen GS, BOO, KnT, ND, QQ and many other notable WvW guilds with multiple members in legendary.

The PPT orientated or siege orientated guilds generally don’t make it very far in sPvP and mirror the types of responses that are all over this thread such as ‘lol pvp is for noobzzzz’ etc.

Also lol @ the guy here commenting about running thieves guild on a roaming thief, you are hilarious. Probably run dire perplexity as a roamer and think you’re good at this game too.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

(edited by fishball.7204)

in WvW

kraftie.4765

Boy, that’s funny and completely untrue. Every good WvW guild I know of hardly does PvP at all. Sure, there’ll be a few guys who are into pvp, but generally, nope.

Lol. I wonder if your definition of good wvw guilds are the ones like SoX and other ppt guilds. Every top tier fight guild I’ve seen have plenty of excellent pvp players.

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

10 Charrs agree.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

I support the OP. Bring badges back and make them toggleable for other players.

Leagues were advertised by bragging rights for nice tags. Tags removal combined with players finishing legy backpack will have necative impact on any future PvP season!

in WvW

Posted by: Xeno.4610

Xeno.4610

If you want your pvp badge displayed on wvw maps, I want my wvw rank and server displayed on pvp match

Seriously – the less icons on players names in wvw the better.

in WvW

alicatrawz.9567

And I’ve seen plenty of good WvW guilds with players in sPvP so what’s your point?

I’ve seen GS, BOO, KnT, ND, QQ and many other notable WvW guilds with multiple members in legendary.

The PPT orientated or siege orientated guilds generally don’t make it very far in sPvP and mirror the types of responses that are all over this thread such as ‘lol pvp is for noobzzzz’ etc.

Also lol @ the guy here commenting about running thieves guild on a roaming thief, you are hilarious. Probably run dire perplexity as a roamer and think you’re good at this game too.

My guild is AD, there are 4 of us that play thief. Ergo: thieves guild.

s/d power build ty.

in WvW

kraftie.4765

My guild is AD, there are 4 of us that play thief. Ergo: thieves guild.

s/d power build ty.

Is there a reason as to why you keep bringing up that you play a thief your posts?. You trying to come off as some godly thief or something?

[Envy]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: maybe.5086

maybe.5086

Please bring back pvp badges in WvW

It is good that they are gone. They should also be removed on PvE maps.

This! Yes. If there is not a title for this maybe there should be one so they can share their achievement if they want. But I am happy that they are removed from WvW , because those badges were really disturbing my eyes.

in WvW

Posted by: Mima.2756

Mima.2756

But I am happy that they are removed from WvW , because those badges were really disturbing my eyes.

Wow, does the masteries badge disturbing you too?

A toggle button is the only solution to make everyone happy

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The most important thing here is that name clutter needs to be addressed. The clutter from blended masses, skill clutter, red circle clutter… on top of name and icon clutter… makes combat a huge visual mess. Also, the engine handles mass combat poorly so that’s another factor too in all this messiness.

Some nameplate options were data mined on Reddit so who knows, but first we need to clear up the distracting messes so our eyes can stay focused on players and skills during combat, not a distracting sea of huge nameplates, icons and unnecessary stuff.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

I want WvW rank badges, and I want them to be permanently added to nameplates while in PvP and PvE.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Sorry but PvP badges are earned in PvP and that is where they should stay.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Legendaries are earnt in PvE and that’s where they should stay. They’re also produce a lot more visual clutter than a static badge next the name.

Do you see how logical that is? Neither do I. Seems like a logical idea to cater to everyone by adding a toggle button.

(I’m annoyed but actually thankful I don’t need to sit in 20 min ques for ranked anymore)

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Legendaries are earnt in PvE and that’s where they should stay. They’re also produce a lot more visual clutter than a static badge next the name.

Do you see how logical that is? Neither do I. Seems like a logical idea to cater to everyone by adding a toggle button.

(I’m annoyed but actually thankful I don’t need to sit in 20 min ques for ranked anymore)

WvW ranks stay in WvW so why should PvP be any different?

in WvW

shrek.1046

Legendaries are weapons, which are required in WvW, its a bit different. Badges are irrelevant.

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

WvW ranks stay in WvW so why should PvP be any different?

Because wvw ranks are a progression system that includes abilities to unlock, its not a cosmetic item like a badge thats visible to all players.

I used legendaries as an example because they are cosmetic items earnt through a particular game mode, like the badges were.

I find it extremely hard to compare WvW ranks with PvP ranks because again, one is a progression system with ability unlocks while the other is pure cosmetic.

HoT mastery rank and WvW mastery rank would be a good comparison though.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Fara.9835

Fara.9835

this game is what ? 4 years old and you still don’t get it ?
Guys cmon

Spvp badge usually mean you are skilled . Everyone know wvw’s players are trully bad in spvp and unskill ( the majority )
So they get offended by those badges , get offended seeing skilled people …

Here comes Anet , AS THEY ALWAYS DO
“You are bad , we will make you feel good "
Let’s remove bagde and every noob can be happy

WP Anet , as you always do , removing the badge in wvw will throw AGAIN the motivation for Spvp’s players
(sry bad english )

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

PvP is not WvW.

Being good at PvP doesn’t mean you’re good at WvW and the two game modes are very different in terms of “being good”.

Example: Stealth in PvP is balanced by its lack of point capture and holding, however this is not true in WvW where stealth is one of the strongest escape and engagement tools there is.

Also some classes/builds are hopelessly underpowered in PvP either due to lower stats or the maps themselves allowing more LoSing and kiting but hilariously overpowered in WvW.

That’s without mentioning how do you define being good? Someone who is PPTing all the time is contributing (or was before the PPK increase) more to winning than some duellers. Being a good dueller means you might win most even fights but may not help you win the match up. You might be a commander and choo choo around borderlands but you may not be helping to win if you don’t keep stuff.

So yeah, PvP badges really have no relevance in WvW.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in WvW

alicatrawz.9567

Example: Stealth in PvP is balanced by its lack of point capture and holding, however this is not true in WvW and stealth is one of the strongest escape and engagement tools there is.

poor example, stealth is one of the strongest escapes/engages in WvW too, id like to see someone cap a camp or tower in stealth in WvW – it just doesn’t work like that.

PvP is balanced because of how you are built, armour, weapons and food have 0 effect in pvp where as in WvW they are the only variables that makes it different.

While i get it, people want to show off their work, it shouldn’t have been a thing since the beginning imo.

The icon next to the name plate rarely shows skill in a WvW setting.

(edited by alicatrawz.9567)

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

A shiny pvp badge only shows that you can run around between circles while avoiding any fair fight that may slow you down or even potentially lose.

That much for the skill to show off. It is a tactical component, that’s for sure. But it has barely anything to do with your individual skill.
Real wvw veterans in the opposite appreciate a fair fight since there is no skill in winning unequal battles.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Example: Stealth in PvP is balanced by its lack of point capture and holding, however this is not true in WvW and stealth is one of the strongest escape and engagement tools there is.

poor example, stealth is one of the strongest escapes/engages in WvW too, id like to see someone cap a camp or tower in stealth in WvW – it just doesn’t work like that.

PvP is balanced because of how you are built, armour, weapons and food have 0 effect in pvp where as in WvW they are the only variables that makes it different.

While i get it, people want to show off their work, it shouldn’t have been a thing since the beginning imo.

The icon next to the name plate rarely shows skill in a WvW setting.

I was saying stealth is one of the strongest escape and engagement tools in WvW, it is less so in PvP where you can tell when and where people disappear and know where they will be heading. I guess I could edit the wording to make that more clear.

Sure you can’t cap a tower or camp while in stealth but you can eliminate anyone that comes to try and prevent you capping it by getting the first hits in from stealth. You can also get away or hide with stealth if you see a blob coming, it’s so completely rediculous they even even changed keeps to reveal players, stealth or not when flipped.

in WvW

fishball.7204

A shiny pvp badge only shows that you can run around between circles while avoiding any fair fight that may slow you down or even potentially lose.

That much for the skill to show off. It is a tactical component, that’s for sure. But it has barely anything to do with your individual skill.
Real wvw veterans in the opposite appreciate a fair fight since there is no skill in winning unequal battles.

You’re thinking of WvW PvDoor zergs from Yaks Bend, not spvp. Nobody wins games by avoiding fights to run around back capping empty nodes and definitely not legendary PvP players.

PvP is by nature 5v5 and most sPvP fights are smaller scale, between 1v1 and 4v4 in general. Individual skill plays far more part in sPvP than WvW where most people run in massive 40+ blobs of frontline/backline mix.

At least the GvG guys have some semblance of skill, most WvW players just run in a blob and mash their staff 1 or spam wells and call themselves skilled.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: KalasDelRio.8921

KalasDelRio.8921

All I see here is: “Boo hoo! I can’t show off my shiny PvP badge in WvW eventhough it isn’t even relevant to WvW.”

WvW doesn’t care about your badge.

Majestic Mez | Snoop Doggs Blunt | Majestic Tracer [OMEN]

in WvW

sephiroth.4217

Well I’d like to post this.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

Read down, specifically:

Flaunt It If You’ve Got It

It isn’t enough to be one of the best if nobody knows it, so leagues will offer you badges for your nameplate. Crossing over into a higher division will upgrade your badge so that every Tyrian can admire your talents in combat. It’s important that seeing someone with a high-ranked badge means that person is currently a top player, so badges are earned for each league season. You can show off where you are in the current season and for a short break between seasons, but once the next season kicks off, badges reset and each player must prove their worth by earning their standing for the new season. While earning badges is seasonal, anyone who makes it into the Legendary Division will earn a permanent title to show off this major accomplishment for all time.

….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

Yeah it was annoying to see in wvw and never should have been there anymore than a wvw rank should not be shown in pve area or pvp. Keep pvp titles in pvp and wvw titles in wvw was the best option and anet have finally fixed that mistake. Next up I hope they give us w3ers the option to completely hide our wvw ranks as well.

I found the higher rank just makes you more of a target more so when high rank and commanding, it becomes fairly obvious to the enemy players who the commander is.

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

First off let me say that had Anet decided to keep PvP badges out of WvW and PvE in the first place, or waited until the start of season 4 PvP to delete them from WvW, I would not be saying anything because I agree with this decision; the only problem I have is that essentially we, that is, the WvW players who PvP’ed to legendary for mainly cosmetic purposes, feel tricked and deceived by this decision, to remove PvP badges midway through the season. And the reason is not even a convincing one.

If you just come out and say it from the start, that we want to keep PvP badges away from PvE and WvW because it’s pointless (don’t bother with visual clutter nonsense because like I said multiple times before, there are countless skins be it weapons/backpacks/armors that adds far more visual clutter to the game than a black badge which only your own server can see and by that logic, every single one of those skins should be deleted from WvW), we would all understand; since we cannot see PvE masteries ranks in WvW nor WvW ranks in PvE, it just makes sense to not show PvP badges anywhere outside of HotM.

However Anet created this system, of being able to show off PvP league badges across all game modes, and we as a playerbase got used to it for 2 and a half seasons and saw the black badge as the reward for playing seasons. I carried on with PvP in season 3, not having the slightest inkling that this well established system was about to change, so when the reward got removed mid season and people realized they had worked hard for nothing…..well it’s obvious why there is a problem.

Nobody who got to legend prefers that they are not visible in WvW, most of them don’t like it, some of them are indifferent to it. It comes down to, if you worked hard at something of course you want to show it off. Think of is using any kittening analogy from real life and you know it’s true; should we abolish gold medals because they make silver and bronze feel bad? Rhetorical question but that is exactly what Anet has done here. People have told me that they are ashamed they don’t PvP and therefore cannot have a badge so they prefer it to be invisible….well I was in the same position, but the difference is I worked hard to rectify that problem, did they?

Just because a section of the playerbase are not able to ever achieve something, does not mean you should punish those who do. Society is not limited by underachievers, or we would end up not ever getting anywhere.

in WvW

ImperialWL.7138

this game is what ? 4 years old and you still don’t get it ?
Guys cmon

Spvp badge usually mean you are skilled . Everyone know wvw’s players are trully bad in spvp and unskill ( the majority )
So they get offended by those badges , get offended seeing skilled people …

Here comes Anet , AS THEY ALWAYS DO
“You are bad , we will make you feel good "
Let’s remove bagde and every noob can be happy

WP Anet , as you always do , removing the badge in wvw will throw AGAIN the motivation for Spvp’s players
(sry bad english )

I wouldn’t even complain if I thought this was truly the case, however we all know Anet does not care about WvW (latest example is culling issues after Tuesday’s patch and 5 days later still no fix whilst daily PvE patches are being pumped out, oh and look desert bls drove away scores of WvW players but let’s keep them as a permanent fixture instead of deleting); no this change to delete PvP badges is to cater to the casual WvW population (i.e. PvE’ers who come to WvW once a week and vote on all the polls to keep desert bls because the map is “fun” etc. etc) because the serious competitive WvW players all want to keep PvP badges and are the ones making such an outcry

But hey we are in the minority and Anet’s carebear attitude means we will forever be punished for getting somewhere (Guard stacks in the past, PvP badges today, who knows what’s coming next?); I finally see what people mean when they say Gw2 is a casual game, because it does its best to drive away players who are not.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Seriously is your e-p… all you care about?

It’s a stupid badge. Nobody cares what rank you are. If you think you are better, show me in a fight and not by pointing at your shiny badge.
I don’t care if people see my WvW rank everywhere because I don’t give a kitten about what you think. It’s my achievement and I am proud of it. Not you.

WvW nameplates have been cluttered enaugh since 4 years already, so stop crying.

And btw…anyone can rankup in PvP if you just grind it long enaugh because eventually the system will MAKE you rank up. No matter your true skill.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

No badge – No skill.

Seriously who gives a crap about a silly badge at your name, you can’t fight without?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: mavric.7051

mavric.7051

First off let me say that had Anet decided to keep PvP badges out of WvW and PvE in the first place, or waited until the start of season 4 PvP to delete them from WvW, I would not be saying anything because I agree with this decision; the only problem I have is that essentially we, that is, the WvW players who PvP’ed to legendary for mainly cosmetic purposes, feel tricked and deceived by this decision, to remove PvP badges midway through the season. And the reason is not even a convincing one.

If you just come out and say it from the start, that we want to keep PvP badges away from PvE and WvW because it’s pointless (don’t bother with visual clutter nonsense because like I said multiple times before, there are countless skins be it weapons/backpacks/armors that adds far more visual clutter to the game than a black badge which only your own server can see and by that logic, every single one of those skins should be deleted from WvW), we would all understand; since we cannot see PvE masteries ranks in WvW nor WvW ranks in PvE, it just makes sense to not show PvP badges anywhere outside of HotM.

However Anet created this system, of being able to show off PvP league badges across all game modes, and we as a playerbase got used to it for 2 and a half seasons and saw the black badge as the reward for playing seasons. I carried on with PvP in season 3, not having the slightest inkling that this well established system was about to change, so when the reward got removed mid season and people realized they had worked hard for nothing…..well it’s obvious why there is a problem.

Nobody who got to legend prefers that they are not visible in WvW, most of them don’t like it, some of them are indifferent to it. It comes down to, if you worked hard at something of course you want to show it off. Think of is using any kittening analogy from real life and you know it’s true; should we abolish gold medals because they make silver and bronze feel bad? Rhetorical question but that is exactly what Anet has done here. People have told me that they are ashamed they don’t PvP and therefore cannot have a badge so they prefer it to be invisible….well I was in the same position, but the difference is I worked hard to rectify that problem, did they?

Just because a section of the playerbase are not able to ever achieve something, does not mean you should punish those who do. Society is not limited by underachievers, or we would end up not ever getting anywhere.

Well said, I totally agree.

in WvW

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I have no idea how ability to play “sit in 3 circles” minigame and copypasting cheese builds have anything to do with wvw. WvW should have own badge system, for anything else there is title system in place.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Because wvw ranks are a progression system that includes abilities to unlock, its not a cosmetic item like a badge thats visible to all players.

SPvP ranks are also a progression system that includes the ability to unlock legendary backpieces. The difference is WvW player have not yet been given a nice shiny badge, you might find there is less hostility towards PvP badges if Anet actually started treating WvW players with a bit more respect and give us the shinys that PvP gets, looking at you finishers, legendary backs, rank icons…

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I regularly eat legendary badges for breakfast in wvw, and haven’t noticed a particularly strong correlation between having them and skill in a fight. I’m not particularly interested in wvw badges either

It becomes clear pretty quickly after a fight starts who’s actually good, no matter who ends up winning it. Nobody cares about your silly badge, and I suspect nobody wants to see it either.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

people keep trying to compare WvW rank to PvP rank when they’re nothing alike. WvW rank is equivalent to experience. You can be the worst player in the world, your WvW rank will increase and it will never go down. PvP rank is “intended” to show skill. Something that PvP players must get by playing good and something that must be reacquired 4 times a year.

Yes, leagues are a joke at the moment and the amount of inflated legendaries/diamonds/rubies are outrageous, but if we’re looking at the intent of leagues and what we hope leagues will finally become at some point, PvP badges hold more significance than WvW rank.

… I still want tengu.