Bring back pvp badges in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

While they’re at it, I want a WvW badge in PvE/PvP thx

A WvW badge in WvW would be enough to make me happy.

Thousands and Thousands of hours in WvW…still using rabbit finisher.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I really don’t understand some of you…do people just do pvp during tournaments for a little badge next to their name that they cant see for themselves? You cant see mastery points in pvp/wvw either and that doesn’t seem like a big deal. WvW more then any other gamemode needs to get that visual clutter cleaned up, when you have literally hundreds of players fighting and tons of skill effects going off you don’t need a bunch of irrelevant stuff blocking your view and distracting you.

There has to be more done in my opinion to clean up the visual clutter, especially with nametags, buffs, boons, effects/boosters, UI etc.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Olympia.5697

Olympia.5697

I see many people trolling here..
To those trolls who say “i don’t care about your shiny uselles badge” & “stop crying cause a pvp badge should never have a place outside hotm” or “its good that they gone” or even “pvp badges shows nothing about skill and everyone can get the black one if you farm it” etc etc etc. i’ll tell you what :

You have absolutely no idea what it takes to obtain the legendary badge simply because you are trying to make look our badges so poorly in value inside and outside wvw maps. even a diamond player would have never said those things cause he undestands whats going on and what hell he had to cross in order to get there.

I can understand why the majority in wvw people feels bad and underrated cause they never had even a closest chance to get a high division badge next to their names, simply because they didn’t work enough for it or they just can’t improve anymore in terms of personal skill.

As for the difference of the game modes between WvW and PvP :

You still HAVE to fight other players in order to take-contest or defend succesfully a keep or tower for your world which means the personall skill and good teamwork DOES matter after all, if you are just running around with your blob spamming 1-1-1 or throwing wells right and left having no clue what to do when u get immobilized or stunned and just die,or even when your massive “blob” meets a guild group with much lesser numbers and you gonna get shrekt not knowing what happened, you’ll never gonna help your world win important fights thus making your commanders to ragequit and the rest is already known.

The only thing that does not require skill in WvW is just sitting all the night (while watching tv) in a tower next to an arrow cart and just use it on anyone that happens to pass by.. a problem that anet still hasn’t addressed for all those 4 years..

Now to conclude this : i really feel tricked by what anet did to me.
Im a WvW player im raiding with hardcore guilds for almost 3 years now, and after some point it gets boring so i stepped into pvp more once the league system came in promising great rewards for the most dedicated and skilled players including that black badge next to my name. And suddently in mid of the season they take it away from me after many sleepless hours in pvp..

One last thing : bring pvp badges back in wvw and make it like that so, those who wish to see their own badge will see the badges of other players aswell and for those who really struggle in 2016 with their computers graphic performance in wvw should toggle it off for themselves and everyone would be happy !

(edited by Olympia.5697)

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Lol, did seriously just say that everyone who disagrees with you is a jealous scrub? Oh man, you’ll win over nobody with that kind of talk.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

I see many people trolling here..
To those trolls who say “i don’t care about your shiny uselles badge” & “stop crying cause a pvp badge should never have a place outside hotm” or “its good that they gone” or even “pvp badges shows nothing about skill and everyone can get the black one if you farm it” etc etc etc. i’ll tell you what :

The irony is heavy in this post.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Interesting to see a lot of people comment that legendary PvPers are free kills or w/e but you do realize you can’t see enemy badges in WvW right? Just allies?

When you say you smack em down 1v1 and brag about it, it’s pretty obviously made up unless you mean they had primordial legend as a title but nobody considers that season competitive due to MMR tanking.

If you mean they have the legendary backpiece, people can get that backpiece without ever making legend fyi.

Having extensive experience in all 3 game modes I’d say the only good players in this game generally GvG, Roam (non Condi BS), PvP or Raid. Everybody else thinks they’re good but they’re really not.

Back on topic though, if you don’t like the visual clutter that’s fair. A toggle button would be nice to let those who want to see it, still see it. But those that don’t can disable it, just like I can disable other people’s instruments but they can hear themselves.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: LittleAussieMozzie.7425

LittleAussieMozzie.7425

PvP league badges mean jack in wvw, amber or legendary, doesnt mean the player is skilled…

Doesn’t mean the player is skilled ? have you ever even played ranked ? if yes how far did you get (division) ? please don’t make silly comments like that..

Lol please, pvp isn’t pvp orientated so… You do less pvp in spvp then a roamer gets in an hour….

REAL pvp is about beating the other player… In spvp game mode you are fighting someone with a handicap to either prevent you from decapping a point or to just slow down a cap… A thief plays at a quarter of its potential in pvp and same with many other classes, kiting is shunned upon and all the builds and pace is completely different, the entire mode isn’t actually orientated around pvp you can be a total kitten player and do well in pvp if you can just rotate and flip points while dieing slowly its pathetic. (You can validate this by dueling a lot of the “legendary” ranked guys, they are mind numbing to duel just takes a year to kill them, however they are brilliant at the 3 circles.)

in WvW

Olympia.5697

PvP league badges mean jack in wvw, amber or legendary, doesnt mean the player is skilled…

Doesn’t mean the player is skilled ? have you ever even played ranked ? if yes how far did you get (division) ? please don’t make silly comments like that..

Lol please, pvp isn’t pvp orientated so… You do less pvp in spvp then a roamer gets in an hour….

Any noob player can claim that.. truth is in wvw there are very few people who are really skilled in pvp and i did explain why is that on my previous reply right above. Roaming in WvW all u can do is gank and duel people that can have much lesser combat experience, level-gear stats than you while in pvp the matchmaking will bring you only against players with a similar level of skill as yours and always having the same tier of gear stats. but yeah why not just go roam in wvw with my super-duper condi build showing of my “real” pvp skills by ganking people who does not even have a proper build and gear or even enough exp for 1v1 to defend themselves.

Anyway every trully skilled dueler i met in wvw they always had tha leggy badge already, and i didn’t see any one of them to agree with that removal from WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I just want the PvP badge (kept being) removed for the simple reason of the reduction of visual clutter., which is an issue in WvW.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Yes! Bring badges back! Good way to pick out loot!

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Please remove pve reward spam chest also…. Are people that cheap where Anet only needs to flood your screen with almost afk rewards for players keep playing???

On Gw2 even rewards are in a mess……

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I agree, so long as we get a WvW rank icon that can be worn in PvP and PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I don’t care if people see my WvW rank everywhere because I don’t give a kitten about what you think. It’s my achievement and I am proud of it. Not you.

Same logic applies to PvP badges.

Because wvw ranks are a progression system that includes abilities to unlock, its not a cosmetic item like a badge thats visible to all players.

SPvP ranks are also a progression system that includes the ability to unlock legendary backpieces. The difference is WvW player have not yet been given a nice shiny badge, you might find there is less hostility towards PvP badges if Anet actually started treating WvW players with a bit more respect and give us the shinys that PvP gets, looking at you finishers, legendary backs, rank icons…

A legendary back piece is still cosmetic.

Finishers…. Cosmetic.
Legendary Backs… Cosmetic.
Badges… Cosmetic.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

They could also rework those badges into frames. Like when you click on other player and see their avatar with frame of corresponding divisions.

(edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607)

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Finishers…. Cosmetic.
Badges… Cosmetic.

So is any armor or weapon skin, hairstyle, and player looks, what’s your point? Are you trying to argue that all of these things are cosmetic, therefore they should be treated equally? Yeah, that’s a fallacious argument (category mistake, if you’re wondering).

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

(edited by Choppy.4183)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I can’t believe this argument is still going on. In the end it really comes down to UI. Frankly, I hated all the dumb icons after peoples names. It was just more clutter. What if you had your WvW rank showing under your name in all game modes? Would you want that? Probably not. (Guess what, I have to deal with the enemy seeing that every time. Not fun).

And again, WvW and PvP are highly dissimilar. Stop trying to say that if you’re a diamond rank, or whatever, you’re any good at WvW. Maybe roaming, and even then, there is so much more build diversity and movement. Also, roaming is such a tiny, tiny part of WvW.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Olympia.5697

They could also rework those badges into frames. Like when you click on other player and see their avatar with frame of corresponding divisions.

Brilliant idea ! kudos !

in WvW

Olympia.5697

Finishers…. Cosmetic.
Badges… Cosmetic.

Exactly..its like they suddenly toggled off for everyone, one of your legendary weapons or backpieces in wvw because of some “visual clutter”

Btw Anet still trying to find the fix for that graphic lag bug since that latest patch came in..guess its some sort of a karma..don’t fix it if its not broken

why the heck u had to get your hands on graphics insulting and annoying people with removing our pvp badges and now the game is literally unplayable both in pvp and wvw.. thats just becomes so silly..

(edited by Olympia.5697)

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Finishers…. Cosmetic.
Badges… Cosmetic.

So is any armor or weapon skin, hairstyle, and player looks, what’s your point? Are you trying to argue that all of these things are cosmetic, therefore they should be treated equally? Yeah, that’s a fallacious argument (category mistake, if you’re wondering).

My answer is in context to quote.

Please don’t make this discussion go in circles or better yet, read the posts leading up to that answer rather than taking one quote randomly and quoting it for the sake of another argument.

I won’t support Dev’s and failed promises about legendaries and I won’t support Devs for backing out on their word about badges. You guys are more than welcome too support actions like these, but I won’t.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

Olympia.5697

Please don’t make this discussion go in circles or better yet, read the posts leading up to that answer rather than taking one quote randomly and quoting it for the sake of another argument.

I won’t support Dev’s and failed promises about legendaries and I won’t support Devs for backing out on their word about badges. You guys are more than welcome too support actions like these, but I won’t.

Im waiting for a final answer from a dev about their intentions about this matter.. until then im gonna keep this topic open for further discussion and my claim for purpose.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

You already have the option to use standart player models in competitive gamemodes so any discussion about cosmetics is obsolete for me.

And removing a stupid badge has surely been the smaller hindrance…

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Humphrey Bear.2698

Humphrey Bear.2698

Suddently with the latest patch i noticed my pvp league badge was gone inside WvW maps ! same with the other players ! although i understand the reason behind this decision i must say it is completely unfair !

I have put many hours in pvp this season just to have my badge next to my name ! needless to say i have my pvp leggendary backpiece since season 2, so thats the only and the single reason i participated on ranked pvp this season ! i do not play pve much. put wvw is where i spend most of my time after i obtained my leggy badge !

Please bring back pvp badges in WvW or at least make a option for players to be visible inside WvW maps or this is the last season i even bother to play ranked pvp.

I beleive many other players feel the same as me and that change may only do damage in ranked participation and its going to die really fast when everybody get their pvp backpiece !

Do you see us WvW players asking Anet if we can flaunt our WvW rank in PvP ?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Im waiting for a final answer from a dev about their intentions about this matter.. until then im gonna keep this topic open for further discussion and my claim for purpose.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/PvP-badges-gone-in-WvW/first#post6202129

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel