Bring back the Range in Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

So…I have a pet…you’d think that would give me an advantage in small scale and 1v1 encounters…nope. Forget about your pet lasting more than 1 second in a zergball fight….

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the Pet Rez function…but I feel something is lacking with rangers….we give up the heavy armor and survival capabilities that Warriors and Guardians enjoy, we don’t have the tricksie spells that mezmers and thieves have…back in the day we used to have awesome range attack, but that got nerfed after the warriors and guardians complained we hurt them so much.

Rangers need some more love and attention…bring back the range in ranger please anet!

And while I’m begging…How about a sniper shot that goes twice as far and does awesome damage (thinking of guardians and warriors who stand on walls defending)…give us a head-shot that will make them think twice about exposing themselves for too long!)

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: The Coma Kid.5184

The Coma Kid.5184

So…I have a pet…you’d think that would give me an advantage in small scale and 1v1 encounters…nope. Forget about your pet lasting more than 1 second in a zergball fight….

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the Pet Rez function…but I feel something is lacking with rangers….we give up the heavy armor and survival capabilities that Warriors and Guardians enjoy, we don’t have the tricksie spells that mezmers and thieves have…back in the day we used to have awesome range attack, but that got nerfed after the warriors and guardians complained we hurt them so much.

Rangers need some more love and attention…bring back the range in ranger please anet!

And while I’m begging…How about a sniper shot that goes twice as far and does awesome damage (thinking of guardians and warriors who stand on walls defending)…give us a head-shot that will make them think twice about exposing themselves for too long!)

The definition of Ranger: A keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside.

Has nothing to do with range. A 1500 range longbow glass ranger hits like a truck already, don’t need a huge burst spell like warrior’s Killshot (which is so hugely telegraphed you’d only be hit by it in zerg fights)

The survivability isn’t like any other class except a non-stealth thief, a ranger has to dodge to survive, hence why we have a lot of access to vigor (even a 5 point trait that gives 50% faster endurance regen) and protection on dodge along with a bunch of evades.
Ranger doesn’t need any buffs, well except something to help a pet survive in a large scale battle. Don’t need no more power creep.

Gwen Andraste – Human Elementalist
Nameless Accord [NA]
Your Cute [Babe] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ranger doesn’t need any buffs, well except something to help a pet survive in a large scale battle. Don’t need no more power creep.

They are not usually welcome in skill groups and nobody is afraid of them when roaming. The only time a ranger is really useful is when a zerg has to stand still and wants to bask in healing spring. The other 99% of the time healing spring is a liability compared to the other heals.

I love my ranger, but I am under no delusion after playing numerous other 80s that is a gymped class that offers little in the way of cross class synergy. That doesn’t mean a good player cannot be dangerous but that same player in a warrior is twice as deadly.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The problem is that rangers attract people who want to be a jack-of-all-trades.

That’s not what the ranger is in this game and the sooner that people accept that, the sooner the class’s best traits can be utilized.

Rangers are awesome roamers and scouts. You trait like you would for SPvP and you become an outrunner and scout for zergs/groups.
You should be on the outside rings of a large fight, using barrage and other AoE; while using your focused fire on down enemies.
Throw down traps, spirits, and springs for support; but don’t try to be part of the zerg.

My 2 cents worth.

in WvW

Posted by: Neo Annubis.7429

Neo Annubis.7429

Chris, +1.

Said everything I have been saying since GW1.

in WvW

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The only problem is taking healing spring is suicidal. You cannot heal yourself effectively with that skill on board and you have to stay in the zerg to get healed by others.

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

A zerker bow ranger nestled safe and warm within a medium sized group will be able to nuke people with impunity. Granted I only seem to run into them when my group is badly outnumbered, but they tend to sow death before you realize their threat.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Rangers are awesome roamers and scouts. You trait like you would for SPvP and you become an outrunner and scout for zergs/groups.
You should be on the outside rings of a large fight, using barrage and other AoE; while using your focused fire on down enemies.
Throw down traps, spirits, and springs for support; but don’t try to be part of the zerg.
My 2 cents worth.

Bringing sPvP builds into WvW is asking for trouble in many instances. WvW has no soft cap on Power/Crit which is what makes thieves and warriors so dangerous solo compared to their brethren in sPvP.

Can they make good scouts sure but several classes can do this. Are they awesome at roaming… not really at least not my style of roaming (killing other roamers, following zergs and calling out position and flipping camps). They can do it and builds do exist (mostly condi-bunkers) that can be tough. However the thief, speed warrior and condi-engi are all more dangerous, frequently every bit as fast or faster and scale much better in WvW.

Not knocking the ranger players just the class needs more development work for WvW. IMO make the pets work like mobile banners so they can no longer be damaged or passively attack. Then increase damage to the ranger skills to compensate.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

The problem with rangers in WvW is that all the objectives are above water.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

We can RP swim around Bay

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Don’t get me wrong…90% of the 15,000 kills I have in WvW are ranger inflicted. In group combat my ranger tries to stay out on the fringe of battle raining arrows…or tossing axes (if my team is pressing). I’d like to see my pets survive longer…or maybe have banners get destroyed as fast as my pet does.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger